[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: We discuss headphones
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
What are the best quality over-ear headphones in the market?
How does pic related compare?
>>
Audio Technica ATH-50x is considered to be one of the best in sound quality. I have ATH-40x and although they are lighter than 50x, there are getting less and less comfortable as I'm wearing them so I assume 50x are even worse. Actually I regret I didn't go for some slim street design over-ear Audio Technika headphones.
>>
Are we talking about "For the price" or are we literally just talking about the best quality over the ear headphones?

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_143HD800/Sennheiser-HD-800.html?tp=60835&awkw=75619905505&awat=pla&awnw=g&awcr=47439171505&awdv=c

These are pretty good, but I'm assuming you don't want to spend a grand and a half, right?
>>
>>10206
Yeah, you're right.
I've read up on the HD800 and common complaints are that it's overpriced with an artificial sound, lack of mid-range, cheap paint job and bad cable.
That's not to say I'm willing to completely overlook sets on the expensive side, but I guess I'm more looking towards something with precise sound "for the price".
>>
>>10181
<$150
Closed ear : SRH440
Open ear : Philips SHP9500
>>
>>10188
>Audio Technica ATH-50x is considered to be one of the best in sound quality
Maybe at their on sale price point. Outclassed by hundreds of headphones. Outclassed by the similarly priced same manufacturer ad700's.

Are you looking for open or closed?
Price?
>>
File: 31.png (19 KB, 800x473) Image search: [Google]
31.png
19 KB, 800x473
>>10181

For the price there isn't nothing better than the AKG K240. 170 dollars headphones now for 70. Thanks to the new model They are discontinued and the price is lower now. The new model is the same but with different colors and a extra cable.

They need an amp
>>
Beyerdynamic dt990 pros go on sale for like 150 every so often. Those are pretty good for cost / value
>>
I'm guessing these sound pretty good. I've never tried them myself though.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/senneheiser-reveals-50000-orpheus-headphones/
>>
>>11157

For 50000 you could get a magnificent 7.5.2 system with complete room treatment and a 65 " oled 4K TV and Russian teen prostitute to watch chinese cartoons with you.

The amp is beautiful, thought
>>
>>11152
>150
really? thats a fantastic deal
Though I don't see the point to an open headphone, that's what speakers are for.
Also the Beyers get extremely hot.
>>
>>11171
>Russian teen prostitute
if you buy her she's a slave, not a prostitute
>>
>>10181
I've used Sennheiser 558s for years now, and when and if they break, I'll buy more.

Very good for the price, easily wearable indefinitely without being hot or uncomfortable.

Balanced sound, bass is not thumpy, but certainly there. Open design, so there is sound leak, but that allows for a very wide sound stage. I've been confused when I thought a sound in-game or in a song was something outside my room, which was kinda cool.
>>
File: kot_on_krautchan.jpg (382 KB, 1920x1560) Image search: [Google]
kot_on_krautchan.jpg
382 KB, 1920x1560
What's the best you can get for less than $100? Been using airport ones all my life and want to see what's the big deal is about without spending to much.
Just something that makes me say "why have I been listening like this all this time?"
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.