[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
are there any scary anime? also where's pic related from?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: 1459647155532.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1459647155532.png
1 MB, 1280x720
are there any scary anime?
also where's pic related from?
>>
Did you try reverse image searching?
>>
>>125450

I don't think anime really does spooky. There have recently been a few spooksters for the past couple of seasons though, which is strange.

Kagewani
Kowabon
Yami Shibai
Shiki
Jigoku Shoujo
Corpse Party (I feel like this one is more so just gruesomely killing little girls for the sake of it more than it is scary, but maybe it's what you want.)

Note: I haven't watched any of these besides a few episodes of Shiki and Jigoku Shoujo, so I can't really vouch for any of them.

Go through the recommendations on Yami Shibai's and Shiki's page for more.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/19383/Yami_Shibai/userrecs
http://myanimelist.net/anime/7724/Shiki/userrecs

You'd probably just have a better time watching Japanese horror movies instead. I haven't watched those either, but it seems like a much more developed genre, since there have been a lot more of them and it's been able to grow and such. I feel like most of the anime you'll watch will just come across as funny instead of scary because it's done poorly, but give them a watch. Like I said, I haven't actually watched any of them, so my opinion isn't worth much.

Also, the girl is Tokisaki Kurumi from Date a Live.
>>
>>125450
That's Kurumi from Date A Live
>>
>>125479
To build on this, Higurashi and Another both have strong horror and mystery elements. I don't know that I'd call them actual "horrors" but I'd say they're scary.

I would say that Shiki is less of a horror than Higurashi or Another but it has strong supernatural and mystery aspects to it and might appeal to someone who likes horror.

Somewhat older anime like Serial Experiments Lain, Boogiepop Phantom and Akira all have supernatural, mystery and horror elements and at points can be downright disturbing if that's more your thing.
>>
>>125450
Gakkō no Kaidan (not related to the light novels).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_M5OiXZ04XA
>>
File: CLlukN3UEAAzVSD.jpg large.jpg (241 KB, 1023x1303) Image search: [Google]
CLlukN3UEAAzVSD.jpg large.jpg
241 KB, 1023x1303
It's impossible for anime to generate any genuine spooks, but Iczer-1 does has alien gore comparable with The Thing. It's basically like that movie mixed with Tekkaman Blade. It's hella fuckin' rad and one of the most essential 80's OVAs IMO.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.