[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Collectathons
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 503c209c92d6b.jpg (32 KB, 480x334) Image search: [Google]
503c209c92d6b.jpg
32 KB, 480x334
Just started playing Super Mario 64. Never had an N64, so I'm having a ton of fun with it now.

Problem is I expected there would be more things to collect and have a sort of inventory.

Anyone know of games with more of a focus on collecting things? And I don't mean only platformers, could be something like Resident Evil with an extended emphasis on inventory.
>>
The Banjo series on N64, Crash Bandicoot on ps and ps2 (not retro though) for example. There's a tonne of platformer games in which you need to collection sht for the real ending or getting the game finished 100%.
>>
>>3367027

DK64. it actually gets shit on for having too much stuff to collect, but I love it.
>>
>>3367027
Spyro the Dragon
>>
>>3367027
> The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
The "different" Zelda, with fuckloads of side quests to collect stuff that helps you to collect more stuff. Even the dungeons have additional collectibles.
Oh, and mini dungeons just to collect stuff in.
You get two inventory screens just for crap you collect and they don't even include stuff like heart pieces....

>Donkey Kong 64
The collectathon to end all collectathons....
Seriously, they went a little overboard with this here.
It's still a fun game though.

Generally speaking, look into Rare games on the N64, most of them have you collect a lot of stuff.
>>
>>3367042
I like DK64 too, but you gotta admit that when you take the Guiness world record for most collectables in a game, perhaps you went a *little* overboard.
>>
>>3367105
that doesn't seem right. I remember GTA:SA had such a ridiculous number of collectathons in there, and DK64 sounds bad, but not that bad
>>
>>3367113
Maybe GTASA overtook it, but for several years DK64 most definitely held that record.
>>
>>3367027
Spyro the Dragon for sure, and Banjo Kazooie.
>>
>>3367027
What about the Jak & Daxter series and the Ratchet & Clank series?
>>
>>3369105
Not retro, but also I never really liked either series THAT much

I want a game that'll suck me in its world and make me want to 100% it
>>
>>3367113
I'd assume it's still DK64 just from the sheer volume of them, there's 500 normal bananas per level in DK64 after all.
>>
>>3367027
>I expected there would be more things to collect
That's because, incorrectly, you think Mario 64 is a collectathon. It is not.
>>
>>3367027
Well, you do have things to collect. And collecting every single star is not that simple you know.

But you could always try emulating Super Mario 64 DS. It adds quite a bunch of more stuff, but no inventory.
>>
>>3367027
Jet Force Gemini
>>
Not retro, but The binding of Isaac it's pretty much a collectaton for the whole length of a game.
>>
>>3369464
Not sure if you know what a collectathon is pal...
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.