[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your favorite Crash Bandicoot level?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6
File: CORTEX POWER.jpg (140 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
CORTEX POWER.jpg
140 KB, 800x600
What's your favorite Crash Bandicoot level?
>>
>>3366678
>1
Road to Nowhere or Lights Out.

>2
Turtle Woods, Snow Go and The Pits are all maximum comfy.

>3
Didn't like 3, but the egyptian/arabian levels were pretty fun.
>>
File: Just Right Crash.png (330 KB, 557x605) Image search: [Google]
Just Right Crash.png
330 KB, 557x605
The levels are pretty similar, so I'm going with the look and mood of the levels:

> Crash 1

The Lost City/Sunset Vista, Slippery Climb, or Lights Out/Fumbling in the Dark

> Crash 2

Ruination

> Crash 3

This game didn't have anything as good as the previous two, so this one is tough, as there's nothing that compares.

I guess the Arab levels were the nicest.

High Time was set in the evening, so it's the most aesthetically pleasing of them.
>>
>>3366678
>>3366702
I fucking hate sunset vista

Lights out/fumbling in the dark are pretty unique and cool

Honestly I think Upstream/Up the Creek are pretty cool. *splash* "WAOAH!"
>>
Slippery Climb.

Memories of me and my cousin struggling to get through it when were kids, taking it in turns and getting rekt over and over until -finally-. Bliss. What I'd give to live those nights again.

Every time I replay crash, Slippery Climb is always the level I look forward to more than any other.
>>
>>3366691
>egyptian/arabian levels were pretty fun
>>3366702
>I guess the Arab levels were the nicest.

It's because they're the biggest levels that have the classic crash gameplay instead of being underwater/animal ride/racing/dogfighting/jetski minigaming.

Crash 3 really throws a ton of shit at the wall hoping something will stick.
>>
File: 1467371015936.gif (330 KB, 150x150) Image search: [Google]
1467371015936.gif
330 KB, 150x150
>>3366678
You have been visited by the ORANGE HALLWAY DOG OF PANTS AND LOADING

Watered-down, momentumless platforming will come to you, but only if you post "sleep tight dead franchise" in this thread
>>
>Crash 1
Generator Room, Slippery Climb,

>Crash 2
The Eel Deal/Sewer or Later/Hangin' Out, Piston It Away/Spaced Out, Cold Hard Crash

>Crash 3
High Time/Hang 'Em High/Flaming Passion by far, then Sphynxinator, Future Frenzy/Gone Tomorrow and Double Header. Plane and Jet-Ski levels can suck a dick.
>>
>>3366820
I didn't mind the vehicle levels in 3, but I wish they didn't have gems. Getting all the boxes was tedious in those levels.
>>
Slippery Climb is heavenly.
>>
>Crash 1

jungle Rollers, just because it holds a special nostalgic place as the demo level I played over and over before I had the full game.

Sunset Vista is also pretty epic.

>Crash 2

Hard one... Nearly all of Crash 2's levels are excellent up until the final warp room. Probably Snow Go and the sequels, because they have a sweet mix of both 3D and side scrolling gameplay, and just the right difficulty balance.

>Crash 3

This is where the series went downhill. Everything was way more bland, too many gimmicks and not enough platforming. I can't think of any that were particularly good... The Arabian levels were probably the least disappointing.
>>
File: you.gif (459 KB, 384x288) Image search: [Google]
you.gif
459 KB, 384x288
>>3366767
>yfw jumping flash isn't just a dead franchise but a literally who franchise too
>>
>>3366678
>1
Lights out is comfy as fuck atmospheric.

>2
I didn't realize how much I loved all the levels in this game. Bee-having has my favorite look since I love snow and rock-it's music is my jam.

>3
Opposite of 2 I hate almost all the levels but the futuristic ones were cool.
>>
>>3366706

I liked the river levels in Crash 2 much better. It had the cool surf music too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thWs8026gk8
>>
File: New Crash.jpg (248 KB, 1261x1058) Image search: [Google]
New Crash.jpg
248 KB, 1261x1058
>>3366767

> TFW Crash Bandicoot is making a comeback, and it's by the only worthwile post-NaughtyDog developer
>>
File: WAP3zDb.png (2 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
WAP3zDb.png
2 MB, 2560x1440
>>3366678
Good question OP.

>1
Sunset Vista
The fucking music on this level is one of my favorite tracks of all time. And you keep climbing this temple all the way to the top to see a beautiful sunset. One of the best nostalgia feels I have. Seeing and hearing this level will never get old. I mean seriously, look at those ruins in the background! Gahhh I fucking love this level, this game, and this company. The feels!
>>
>>3366856
>jumping flash
It always was a literally who franchise, the awful "dungeon" levels kill it.
>>
I always liked the bridges falling apart way up in the sky with fog. Cant remember their names

All time favorite level was the Toxic level though. Where the guy is throwing barrels with ooze all around.
>>
>>3367189
I agree sunset vista is underrated
>>
>>3366767

> Crash Bandicoot
> Loading

kek
>>
>>3367540
>>3367189

I mean come on, when you see the 3rd island in the background it just gets you hyped to get there faster and beat cortex. God damn, what a flawless level. Seriously, just listen to this track.

https://youtu.be/t2oMwSRdk50
>>
>>3367540
>I agree sunset vista is underrated

It's probably because people who like are likely to put Slippery Climb ahead of it. Sunset Vista shares its theme with The Lost City, but Slippery Climb's theme is completely unique to it.
>>
>>3366767
Sleep tight dead franchise
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.