[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Artificial difficulty: The Boss
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
File: artificial.jpg (179 KB, 1006x525) Image search: [Google]
artificial.jpg
179 KB, 1006x525
Artificial difficulty: The Boss
>>
nameless king and storm king is literally one of the fairest "challenging" fights in the series.

the arena, music, atmosphere, weather effects, huge moveset, phase design and lore around the character make it one of my favourite bosses in the series as well.

I don't really understand the reasons people say the first phase has camera issues, because the boss is fought away from the centre of the boss, by attacking the drake/wyverns neck.

By contrast, something like the bloodletting beast genuinely presents camera issues because the best way to fight it is by sticking underneath it. Or giant lord, which has serious arena-camera length issues.
>>
File: 1463722798968.jpg (15 KB, 500x472) Image search: [Google]
1463722798968.jpg
15 KB, 500x472
>>338305036
Scrub: Op
>>
>music 10/10
>fight 10/10
>(you) 10/10
>>
>>338305036

>breaking the R3 button because the camera won't stay put
>not aritificial
>>
something something something camera.
>cherrypicking the part of the fight that's actually the easy part

such a well thought out shit post.
>>
you dont have to lock onto every enemy you come across.
>>
>>338305036
Except you can beat that boss at SL 1 without even rolling. Have you tried acquiring skill sir?
>>
>>338306071

I beat it naked. have you, sir?
>>
>>338305036
Cancer: The post
>>
>>338306147
Well I like to leave some socks on before I start
>>
>>338306147
I did it naked and I triped over my 3 foot long dong the whole time.
>>
>>338306284

Nice artificial difficulty you got there
>>
>>338305502
>arena, atmosphere, weather effects
It's literally a featureless gray rectangle. Deacons had much better atmosphere.
>>
File: i aint no gay nigga.jpg (12 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
i aint no gay nigga.jpg
12 KB, 480x360
>>338307817
bruv
you have a kielbasa in your pocket
>>
GIT
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (117 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
117 KB, 1280x720
You called?
>>
>>338305036

If it took place in a tiny arena you might have point.
>>
The hardest part of the fight is when he's flying and that's only because that flying fire breath aoe is kinda hard to dodge. His second form is easy to dodge and has a really simple attack pattern that you can pick up on your first or second fight with him.
>>
>>338308051

Imagine if it didn't retain your progress. Christ.
>>
>>338305502
Huge move set? He does like 7 moves. The bird does 3
>>
>>338306417
>Arena
Fighting in a thunderstorm with the (former) god of war
>Atmosphere
Fighting in a thunderstorm with the (former) god of war
>Weather effects
A massive broiling thunderstorm, in which, you fight the former god of war
>>
>>338309848
storm king:
>circling lightning, swollowed by swoop
>thrust backwards followed by triple gust and smog waves
>thrust forward spear attack
>normal slam
>three hit melee combo
>lightning slam
>fire breath
>fire rain

Nameless King
>swipe combos
>swipe combos into 5 hit thrust/poke combos
>forward charge attack
>forward charge attack into 3 hit thrust/poke combos
>high up thrust slam
>high up thrust slam/poke combo
>spinning air dash into thrust homing attack
>delayed slam and lightning residue waves
>smog wave attack
>dash attacks and the smog residue waves
>lightning kick
>lightning charge
>lightning spear into ground with residue

There might be more, but I haven't actually played it in a while.
>>
File: 1463713354347.png (405 KB, 1032x834) Image search: [Google]
1463713354347.png
405 KB, 1032x834
>>
I had a harder time fighting the twin princes due to the scatter magic attack, and the soul of cinder is just fucking stupid.
This one was actually challenging, except for a few bugs where the wyvern would noclip through the statues, even then not getting hit in that phase was extremely easy.
>>
>>338311721
>soul of cinder
Is that actually the name of the boss? I thought it was just the name of the music track accompanying the fight
>>
i know this is bait but

he telegraphs all of his attacks extremely prominently

the dragon fire you literally just run away from (and is possible to survive with enough fire resistance)

both the king of the storm AND the nameless king himself open up for critical hits if you deal enough damage quickly enough (greatsword, greataxe, or halberd)

not to mention you can just block all of his hits with ease if your build allows you to use Dragonslayer Greatshield
>>
>>338311942
That is the name above the health bar, so I used that.
>>
>>338311721

i agree with twin princes being tougher

nameless king telegraphs super hard

lorian is a lot more aggressive
>>
>>338305708
You literally should not be locking on at any point during phase one. Being stupid is not artificial difficulty.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.