[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
EO Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7
File: etrian4.jpg (469 KB, 1545x1376) Image search: [Google]
etrian4.jpg
469 KB, 1545x1376
About to get this game. Got a couple of questions about it though. What's the overall goal of the game? I know the story is very loose and characters are just interchangeable classes. So other than making dungeon maps, do you grind of gear? Is there like legendary weapons/armor type of stuff?
>>
File: 1463025308398.jpg (58 KB, 587x473) Image search: [Google]
1463025308398.jpg
58 KB, 587x473
Self bump for info

pic unrelated
>>
File: etrian-3.jpg (146 KB, 640x337) Image search: [Google]
etrian-3.jpg
146 KB, 640x337
>>338267123
>What's the overall goal of the game?
Create a party of lolis and grind your way through the labyrinth and beat the final boss. Then grind some more for post-game challenges.
Although, I've heard IV doesn't actually have a labyrinth, and instead features a few smaller dungeons. (Which isn't much different from different strata of a single labyrinth, but it just doesn't feel right!)
>do you grind of gear?
You buy gear from the shop. But in order for it to be available in the shop you have to sell materials that drop from monsters. Kinda like in Persona 3/4 if you've played those.
There are also some rare drops, that unlock more powerful gear, which require you to defeat monsters in specific ways. Like finish it off with an elemental attack it's resistant to, etc.
>>
>>338267123
Play the demo if you haven't already.
>What's the overall goal of the game?
The story of the game is to reach Yggdrassil. The story start simple and develop a bit on your way to the tree but nothing huge. That's the main story, but I would say the true goal is to clear all the maps and beat all the bosses in the game.
>Is there like legendary weapons/armor type of stuff?
Yes, you unlocks new weapons/armors with materials from enemies, and there's some "best" weapons/armors for each class that requires you to defeat boss under certain conditions.
>>338267667
You can't bump your own thread nigga.
>>
Apparently speed boost and fan dance don't stack? so which one do i go for?

Also do the same passives from main/sub stack or do they have a similar problem?
>>
>>338267879
You can, just not until after some time since you posted it.
>>
>>338267123

Neat, yeah I've plaved Persona 3, actually finished Strange Journey not too long ago so I'm in a dungeon crawler mood. And drops from monster for gear souns like Monster Hunter toohopefully there are no 1% drops...right?
>>
>>338267123
Nah you never to grind. Only the best equipment that you get from FOEs or endgame bosses are the ones that have slots that can be forgeD with extra stats or ailments and that requires grinding their material but it's totally unnecessary
>>
Does Limitless affect Delayed Charge when you start charging it?
>>
File: 1390121669588.gif (122 KB, 828x658) Image search: [Google]
1390121669588.gif
122 KB, 828x658
>>338267847
No more lolis in 5 though.
>>
>>338269123
>necromancer
>>
File: 008.jpg (99 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
008.jpg
99 KB, 400x240
>>338269123
I for one welcome our new tittymonster overlords.
>>
So I like SMT but it's more a case of I really like the world/gameplay rather than the dungeon crawling. Will I like EO?
>>
>>338270082
Just try it. The first three games can be emulated on PC, and 3ds is pretty much fully hacked these days (provided you didn't fuck yourself over with system updates).
>>
>>338267123
>Overall goal
Assemble a party of explorers, male and/or female, and explore the lands of Tharcia, slowly taking your skyship further and further

>Grinding
If you know what you're doing, you'll never need to level grind. Just exploring everywhere and completing the quests as you get them will be enough to keep you leveled for bosses.

>Legendary Equipment
Each class has ultimate equipment, a lot of which is class-exclusive, but most of the time, they're not hard to get. You're just gated by almost all of them being in the post-game.

>>338268046
Fan Dance. Most classes don't need the boost in speed, and even through subclassing, Fan Dance gives a minimum of a 33% dodge rate against attacks.

>>338268296
Zero. There are some rare drops, but they're generally reasonable. Each enemy can have up to three types of drops :

>Common
Good chance of dropping from every battle, though you might get unlucky

>Rare
Maybe like a 15–30% drop rate? You might need to grind if you need a specific material

>Conditional
Guaranteed to drop, but only if you kill the enemy in a certain way. Otherwise nothing. These are usually easy, but the boss conditional drops might force you to change the way you fight, like whittling a poison boss down enough to kill it with poison that it resists.

>>338270082
If you have a 3DS and aren't pirating, all of the 3DS Etrian demos let you transfer all of your progress to the full game. I'd recommend trying IV to see how you like it.
>>
>>338271261
>If you have a 3DS and aren't pirating, all of the 3DS Etrian demos let you transfer all of your progress to the full game. I'd recommend trying IV to see how you like it.

Cool, so the demo is just the start of the game?
>>
>>338271705
Pretty much. In IV's case, think it's the first floor of the first big dungeon, and the entire first side dungeon? It's a good length.
>>
>>338269123
Bunnies & Elves are fine, maybe we'll get lucky in the final 3 classes.
>>
so is there a reason for not going link combo in IV?
>>
>>338273713
If you want to go full Imperial/Bushi or Nightseeker/Imperial, maybe. Lands can make good use of a Medic's staff skills if you give them the subclass.
>>
File: 1437786111955.jpg (163 KB, 403x614) Image search: [Google]
1437786111955.jpg
163 KB, 403x614
>>338267123
Your goal is initially to chart a path to the giant Yggdrasil tree that's been on Tharsis' (the town explorers use as a base) horizon for as long as people can remember. A little more stuff happens as you get closer to that goal.

You get new gear in the shop as you bring them drops from enemies. Some enemies have conditional drops that require you to defeat them in certain ways, and they usually give you better gear to buy. Endgame has some neat shit to deck your party with, but I don't think there's anything special about any of the equipment in the sense you probably mean.

When's EO5 soundtrack
>>
File: 1313766268_mayonez.jpg (34 KB, 550x413) Image search: [Google]
1313766268_mayonez.jpg
34 KB, 550x413
>>338274801
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.