[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some the cringiest videogame-related shit you've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6
What are some the cringiest videogame-related shit you've done/said? Wether in-game or real life, how autistic are you when it comes to talking about your hobby?
>>
Trying to explain .brr compression and SNES sample loop points to my family
>>
>Playing Warcraft 3 online years ago
>Me and friend playing on one team against two other people
>I'm playing as Undead
>They end up destroying my friends base
>Realize I can't beat the two of them, who are now heading for my base
>Start unsummoning all my buildings
>They ask me what the fuck am I doing
>I respond "I'm just slipping back into the shadows" Just before my Necropolis is gone.
>>
>>338221173
Once I've tried explaining what kind of game Cavestory was and how great it was to a girl, she then played it once for a few minutes and never touched it again. I feel embarassed.
>>
File: JUST.jpg (52 KB, 780x456) Image search: [Google]
JUST.jpg
52 KB, 780x456
>>338220975
In highschool I tried to explain high level runescape pvp to a girl at my lunch table
>>
File: 572_front.jpg (50 KB, 640x468) Image search: [Google]
572_front.jpg
50 KB, 640x468
>be 13
>playing video games and soccer all summer
>literally autistic about soccer
>playing soccer games all the time
>old shitty sega & nintendo soccer games, also fifa
>good times
>go to this beach resort thing on vacation
>spend the day switching between video games inside and soccer on the beach with the other kids
>everyone's pretty friendly
>literally just talk about soccer all the time
>the older boys poke fun at me for being that videogame soccer autist
>the boys my age are puzzled
>they play for fun, they aren't that much into the sport
>beckenbauering bitches on the beach all day
>one night parents bring me to someone's house
>no kids except for that one disabled boyo in a wheelchair that can't really even talk
>no football
>no soccer
>no videogames
>what the fuck is a young hustler supposed to do
>literally spend the evening being sad
>adults don't get the struggle
>still, proudly wearing my maradona shirt
>hope rises when i see a tv in the living room where nobody is
>turn it on, looking for any football
>at this point, any sport
>no fucking sports
>start sperging out because supreme boredom
>go outside for a minute to get fresh air
>see this little basketball in their backyard
>can't fucking resist
>shoot it with the force of a thousands zidane
>with my scrawny kiddie legs
>check it out now
>the funk soul brotha
>check it out now
>basketball fucking bounces inside thru a goddamn window
>wish i had this luck when i was playing in junior league
>hear it bounce inside and hear people yell and scream
>ball went straight to the disabled kid's face
>his nose is bleeding
>he's emotionless as usual
>i mean he's fucking disabled
>dad comes out, red with rage
>spank me on spot
>me, the young messi
>"no more soccer, real or videogames"
>why are we still here, just to suffer
>summer ended up being fucking lame
>i even tried buying a sports magazine and my dad stopped me
>went on in rage induced rants on how i NEEDED to play fifa all summer
>>
File: 1463106738099.jpg (68 KB, 600x560) Image search: [Google]
1463106738099.jpg
68 KB, 600x560
I created a wad long time ago that is basically same old doom but no enemies in each level, the boss levels would just skip. you cannot finish a level by just going to the exit, the door opens after a set amount of time (for example e1m1 you have to wait 20 minutes until the door opens).

all you have is a gun and one bullet which is to kill yourself.

the game objective is to see how long you can go on without killing anything, its a mental therapy i made for myself. really wish i kept the wad but its long lost
>>
I used to roleplay as the villain on forums and try to kill the wolf-furries. I would always especially target one person out of "couples", so the drama would be even better.

When Flipnote came out, that was another great platform for *teleports behind u* shenanigans. It was made better by the shitty drawings of anime-eyed wolves accompanying them. At that point, however. I started doing it for fun, and didn't take it seriously
>>
File: 1453808589578.jpg (44 KB, 960x671) Image search: [Google]
1453808589578.jpg
44 KB, 960x671
>>338222646
What the fuck
>>
>>338222198
so have they disowned you yet
>>
File: Screenshot_5.png (4 KB, 155x118) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_5.png
4 KB, 155x118
I used to draw 2d platofrming levels on graph paper
I was also obsessed with mazes and would make ones taking up entire pages with corridors a tenth of an inch wide in a single day

>>338222198
I was expecting a joke

>>338222987
Wait I'm confused, did you draw the wolf furries too? or just comment on other's awkward creations
I never knew how flipnote hatena worked
>>
>>338223606
pretty much, my dad hates me and my mom thinks i'm too much to handle even though im a somewhat well adjusted adult now
>>
>>338223667
I would go searching for "chatrooms" on flipnote, which were just flipnotes that used their comment section for chatting. They were huge magnets for all sorts of cringey shit. Basically, the comments posted were black and white drawings/writing. I could never draw much, so I would just write. In response to my roleplaying, people would post low-quality anime or furry drawings. It would be even better when they tried to draw themselves bleeding, and someone else in the chatroom reported them for violating the rules.
>>
I used to play DQIX in HS during class a lot, since most of the time I absorbed most of the listening by giving it half of my attention. The teacher at the time didn't really give a fuck but that's another story.
Anyway, I remember one time this girl, who always saw me doing this, she asked me while I was playing it what the game was about. I then go proceed to explain almost everything I'm doing, what the game's about, what the skills do, how far I am cause I restarted the game twice already, etc. Of course she realized she got more than bargained for by asking me a question, so she just kinda nodded to everything I said and then when I was done, said "That's uh, really cool" and never talked to me after that again.
>>
when i was like 15 i had this cringey vidya blog. when i was 18 and graduating from high school my mom took like an end of the year yearbook ad out and in it was basically clippings and quotes of the things i said in the blog. it was the cringiest moment of my life.
>>
>>338224252
That's kinda cute in a strange sort of way
I never had an edgy phase, but when looking back on my childhood, I never had a chance in regards to the furryness

I wish flipnote could be sent from the dsi to the 3ds, as flipnote 3d is gone.
I should try it out again, my father used it to create a great anim of a seed germinating and growing. I never really took it seriously
>>
>history
>watching a video about 9/11
>class autist spouts
>"there was this game where it didn't have the twin towers because it was caused by a terrorist attack a year before 9/11 happend"
>everyone in the classroom including the teacher visibly cringes
>>
I used to explain to my friend why his favorite Pokemon are shit according to smogon, cause I was a huge smogonfag at the time and I thought that competitive Pokemon was the best thing ever.

He liked shit like Maractus and Noctowl.
>>
>>338224731
My senior quote was from a video game
I attributed it to "protagonist"

In middles school I had a runescape group and we were REALLY FUCKING INTO IT
>>
>>338225216
haha what was the quote?

in middle school me and my friends would often play dnd rather than hang out with these chicks who basically wanted to bang.
>>
>>338225538
It's a recent one, still in college as of now
The world's a funny place. As long as we keep laughing, I guess we're not dead.
>>
>>338220975
I tried to explain videogames to a girl I liked.
>>
>>338224783
>>338224783
It was cool in some aspects. It developed its own meme-culture and even had animated series with interesting concepts. I used to look forward to new flipnotes by specific people, and check out what was new every day.

I kind of miss it honestly, but at the same time. The way it was structured allowed for art and animations to be stolen and reposted over and over, making it so that the artist wasn't credited. At the same time, there were people cheating the "star" system (the "likes" of flipnote) by making flipnotes saying things like "add stars to adopt a pikachu!". This polluted the rankings with stolen content and scams. There were some really good Japanese flipnotes though

Also, people would report anything even potentially breaking a rule to receive "green stars". Colored stars could only be received by buying them or reaching usage milestones, as well as reporting rule breakers.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.