[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone explain to me why he did nothing wrong? Please state
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: rlic76.gif (36 KB, 201x228) Image search: [Google]
rlic76.gif
36 KB, 201x228
Can someone explain to me why he did nothing wrong? Please state your reasoning without "memes" or any of the sort.
>>
>>338145152

>starts a thread with a meme
>wants replies without memes
>>
Well the murders were obviously wrong. But his way of thinking was pretty much true imo.

Like he's right about how we have no idea what our friends are thinking and it's the party own fault for trusting him. I also agree with his statement about "accepting each other's faults" being like liking one another's wounds. I guess I'm just a faggot like him.

Also "Beg for mercy, maybe then I'll let you out!" (to Saki after he threw her in) was the best line in any vidya ever
>>
>>338145152
Natural born talent and knowing the right people will always be worth more than hard work. In fact, if you know the right people you likely don't need either hard work or talent at all.

His actions are incorrect, as no one is justified in just going around and murdering people. However, not once did the Investigation Team refute him or prove him wrong. What the fuck do they know about real life in the first place? Other than Rise not a single one of them has any real problems.

>boo hoo my dad works for a store and I'm a fucking loser that's bored with this middle-of-nowhere shithole town
>waaah I don't want to inherit my family's legacy I just want to run away
>I'm not attractive and people prefer my more feminine friend
>I don't even know what the fuck I am or what I'm doing here
>I want to be respected in my field while not realizing nobody respects me because I'm a fucking teenager
>I'm worried who I project myself to be isn't at all who I am and that I don't know who I am anymore
>I'M NOT GAY I SWEAR

A bunch of dumb brats that don't have real problems who had a special transfer student come in and fix their entire lives trying to talk down to an adult that actually has real world experience and knows how shitty the world can be.

But it's to be expected. Japan's so depressed as a country they need feel-good stories like P4 just so they don't throw themselves off the fucking rooftops.
>>
>>338145152
Everyone agrees that the White were right in SMTIV

The Persona universe is another branch of the SMT multiverse

SMT multiverse is a shit, it's better to destroy it all
>>
>>338145521
>>338145447
Yeah but that means he did something wrong.
>>
>>338145819
His actions are wrong, his reasoning isn't.
>>
Those who actually succeed in life, they just happen to be born with a magic ticket called talent.
>>
File: Doom Nightmare.gif (760 KB, 540x400) Image search: [Google]
Doom Nightmare.gif
760 KB, 540x400
>>338145447
>Also "Beg for mercy, maybe then I'll let you out!" (to Saki after he threw her in) was the best line in any vidya ever
I mean, I like Adachi, but really?
Then again, pic related is one of my favorites.
>>
It's a poorly written game and none of the characters other than Kanji has a real world problem.
>>
>>338146023
Just something about the malice in his voice really drove home the feeling of "oh shit, freaking Adachi is really evil" for me.
>>
>>338145152
Bitches and Whores.
>>
>>338145521
good summary but still sounds wrong to me desu
>>
>>338145152
He saved two potential whores from a life of cardinal sin.
>>
>>338145152

The important thing to remember with Adachi is that what he's saying isn't nescessarily true (at all).

He talks through his murders and makes them sound "justified" and not so bad, but when you see what actually happened he's just a creep who fell for a girl he hadn't even talked to, declared her a slut and then murdered her.

The sympathetic part of his character is that he spent his youth working hard and then got screwed over, possibly by his own fault, possibly not and sent out to the middle of nowhere. He's got zero chance of career progression and he just runs around being insulted and used by Doujima.

So it's understandable he'd have some resentment, but everything he says is just a weak justification, a way of making it not his own fault that everything's gone to hell for him. Which, we can see isn't true.

Essentially his dealio is that he was doing it for entertainment, because that's all he had left.
>>
>>338145152
He's the embodiment of "did it for the lulz", what do you think?
>>
>>338146175
How about Saki's little brother?
>>
>>338145447
>But his way of thinking was pretty much true imo.

His way of thinking is just a cheap justification for his actions, something he accepts himself when he abandons defending himself and admits he was doing it for entertainment, because he didn't have anything else.

>>338145521
>Natural born talent and knowing the right people will always be worth more than hard work.

Maybe, but that's not what fucked him. He even says so himself, he worked hard and he was rewarded, he got a good assignment back in Tokyo. But he fucked up. And now he's where he is.

Money, connections and maybe talent might have alieviated his fuckup, that's true, there's always gonna be people who have it easier than us, but his fuck up was his own mistake. Everything comes back to that, he was the cause of his own downfall.

As for the IT, you can downplay their issues if you want, but for the most part they're fairly relatable and "real" issues.

The pressure on Yukiko to have her life already planned out for her is a big thing, especially in more traditional cultures. We've got a billion stories dealing with this all through our literature.

Yosuke being brought away from all his friends out to the sticks, losing touch with his past friends and not having any new friends is painful. Doubly so when the only thing that makes it worth it for him (Saki) gets killed and it's rubbed in his face again and again, that she secretly disliked him. It's part of why I like the guy so much, his resolve to avenge her and to stay true to his "love" regardless, even knowing it was never requited, is comendable.

If you don't think the Japanese Police Force is sexist or would look down on Naoto for being a girl then I don't know what to tell you.

etc etc etc.

They don't have adult issues because they're not adults, but that doesn't mean their issues aren't real. Nor does it give Adachi's any greater meaning.
>>
He said nothing wrong.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.