[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why doesn't /v/ talk about Sine Mora? I really liked it,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: Sine_Mora_cover.png (122 KB, 255x306) Image search: [Google]
Sine_Mora_cover.png
122 KB, 255x306
Why doesn't /v/ talk about Sine Mora?

I really liked it, it was challenging without being on the spectrum like most shmups.
>>
>time-based instead of life-based
>normal shits out so much time it's impossible to game over without hitting a game over trap
>hard so stingy with time it's possible to game over without taking a single hit
>game over traps
>secondary weapon that gives no defensive advantage breaks score multiplier
>really hard and often dangerous to get power ups back after getting hit
>random power ups
>poorly defined hitbox

These are for the arcade mode, I never did the story. It looks nice, and some of the bosses are neat, but that's about it. That's even before getting into the furry art. I honestly don't care about it, but I'm sure some would.
>>
I have it in my steam library and have no clue how it got there, is it any good?
>>
Graphics are very nice, and I thought the story was pretty neat and ambitious for what they were doing.

But the gameplay is just pure garbage. The shooting feels terrible, the time-based mechanics are not well thought out at all, and level design is filled with tons of issues and inconsistent object collision. Scoring might as well be nonexistent for how its implemented.

The one thing that kind of sums up how its a kusoge is the bullet time power. The game uses a timer as your life bar, and its constantly ticking down, with huge chunks of it disappearing as you get hit. However, when you use the bullet time the game slows down but the timer keeps going at normal speed, meaning you are essentially burning off huge chunks of your "life" (as well as your special meter for bullet time) just to dodge a relatively small number of projectiles. There's also other annoying shit, like a power up that automatically kills you if you collect it, or the fire rate being completely broken with a turbo controller. Its not any one thing you can point to and say "this is what makes it bad", its just more like death from a thousand cuts where you can tell the developer just didn't bother to learn or care about good shmup design.

I'm a bit sad about it, really. I wanted to like the game, and I genuinely tried to give it a shot but it just doesn't hold up past anything but a casual playthrough.
>>
>>338078887
Black Knights Sword was better. Why isn't it talked about?
>>
>>338079824
This pretty much sums it up. It's the definition of a consoleized shm'up game. Ikaruga and Cave's games are still king.
>>
>>338081250
>ikaruga
Kill yourself Treasurefag.
>>
>>338080264
I've never even heard of that game. It's also a SHMUP?
>>
>>338081474
>not liking ikaruga

What are you, a homosexual?
>>
I like the story. it was depressing as fuck. The 3d bullshit was Annoying though, too many unwarranted deaths
>>
>>338079824
Holy shit get good you fucking retard.
>>
>>338081474
Lol pleb
>>
>>338080124
>The shooting feels terrible
Actually feels great, really satisfying, and nice effects
>time-based mechanics are not well thought out at all
Mind expanding or just buzzwords? It encourages you to be aggressive and not just sit back, also allows different enemy attacks to do different damage (time) values instead of just all attacks doing the same damage or being one hit kills
>level design is filled with tons of issues and inconsistent object collision
Simply not true. The hitbox is for bullets, while the whole ship takes damage from environment. Once you know this, it's very straightforward. Try not crashing into walls and enemies bud.
>Scoring might as well be nonexistent for how its implemented
It's actually really simple to understand and rewards you for doing primary only, beating levels quickly without getting killed and hitting most enemies, and getting score tokens. Protip: if you say it's randomized, you're a fucking idiot because there's no random factor to it whatsoever
>>
Just play crimzon clover instead.
>>
>>338078887
Pleb-tier shmup desu senpai
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.