[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what the fuck is the plot in the modern era? I stopped playing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 7
File: AssassinLogo.png (21 KB, 996x1200) Image search: [Google]
AssassinLogo.png
21 KB, 996x1200
So what the fuck is the plot in the modern era?

I stopped playing after 3. Desmond dies and now Rebecca and Shaun are undercover at Abstergo? I'm playing Unity and I have no idea what the fuck is going on.
>>
>>338059229
There hasn't been one.
>>
Did you fucking skip Black Flag? You went from the worst game to the second worst game, good job.

Also, this >>338059315
There have been developments, but they aren't really big. Let me try to sum this up:

>Desmond died
>Juno (the crazy space chick in AC3) is a thread to everybody
>she has a cult that worship her
>her goal is to have an organic body again so that she can "rule" humanity like it's supposed to be
>until then she's a digital entitiy in the digital world

Basically everything got fucking stupid after Patrice left and they are making things up along as they go.
>>
>>338059229
there is no real modern day story in unity but I will try to sum it up for you:

Desomod chose to release Juno in the end of 3 to also die and save the world from the solar flair.
Templars got his body to carry on the geneology of the animus to create a full gene plan.
they succeed and created a way for anyone to live anyone else's gene history.
they created a "abstergo industries"£ multimedia company for people to play gene history like vidya.
YOU as in the player are working at abstergo in black flag and rogue
then YOU are an initiate playing genes at home in unity and syndicate where ypu are contacted by the assassins to help relive gene sequences to help them find artifacts.
Juno is living in a digital form, the templars are trying to create her a new form by living memories and finding DNA with ancient civilisation mixed in...

bla bla bla
>>
>>338059717
>>338060296
Tbh 3 wasn't bad. I don't know about Black Flag's protagonist.

But I agree, Unity is shit plot wise. I feel like some peon doing errands, whereas the other Altair, Ezio and Connor had a personal drive. Arno is avenging someone, but I don't seem too into it.
>>
they clearly dont know what the fuck theyre doing with the story, nobody cares and its quite clear they dont care themselves at this point.

the last good game was black flag so just drop that shit and play that one instead.
>>
>>338060296
Wait wut, Templars are actually trying to bring the spacecunt back?
>>
>>338060296
>>338059717
what a clusterfuck
>>
>>338061364
>AC 1-4
Templars are bad!

>AC: Rouge
Templars aren't that bad!

>AC Unity and after
Templars are bad again!
>>
>>338061687
I'd say templars were portrayed more as grey in 3 and blackflag too.
>>
Just play Black Flag for Edward's story and the naval sequences, fuck the assassins and templar part.
>>
>>338061687
You dumb? AC1 and AC3 as well as AC4 were grey. Even Revelations was. Only in AC2 and AC4 are they bad because it's the Borgias. Even within the game's lore the Templars despise the Borgias.
>>
>>338061364
>Wait wut, Templars are actually trying to bring the spacecunt back?
yep they are trying to bring her to life for god knows why.
it shows you at the end of syndicate.
syndicate is a good game imo.

>>338061436
>what a clusterfuck
damn straight. instead of making an engaging story they milked it and brought one out every year with a half assed story.

>>338061172
3 is actually my favourite out of the series.
I player 1-3 back to back because I had just got back into vidya from my travels and missed out on them. I was engaged by the story and saw how much effort they put into the stories. after 3 the story went downhilll but the actual gameplay has got better and better.
the parkor in syndicate is brilliant.
>>
>>338061919
>Only in AC2 and AC4
I meant Brotherhood instead of AC4, fuck.
>>
>>338059229
If Desmond's dead who the fuck are they putting into the Animus? I quit right after three because that shit got retarded too.
>>
>>338061982
Well that explains it, I didn't finish Syncidate.
I pirated it to see if it actually runs or if it's a tech disaster like Unity.

I guess I'll buy it eventually when it's cheap.
>>
>>338061982
>praising 3s story
WHERE IS CHARLES LEE?!
>>
>>338062141
Nameless guy who is supposed to be you.
>>
>>338062206
CHAKAWAKA CHARLES LEE!
>>
>>338062141
They aren't putting anyone in there, the animus evolved into a games console. It's being sold to people. They can access the cloud and play through someone's memories. Some memories have been altered by Abstergo though, to show people that Templars are the good guys.

They get these memories from random people who through research they know have interesting ancestors. All Abstergo needs from them is their DNA.
>>
File: 1463143844192.jpg (10 KB, 300x269) Image search: [Google]
1463143844192.jpg
10 KB, 300x269
I'm in the same boat OP.

Was playing AC non stop until I got to 3, and it's been a chore to go through due to all the convoluted shit. Finished the game luckily and now I'm up to the Washington DLC, but 3 just burned me out in terms of gathering all the achievements and unlocks, and the DLC is turning out to be a whole other game on its own. Thought it was going to be a bing bang and then straight to IV.

Just want to get to IV, cause I've been hearing how amazing it sounds, but can't go just yet without closing ties with the 3rd game.
>>
>>338062406
Washington DLC is standalone and doesn't have any impact on anything though.
So you might as well skip it entirely.
>>
>>338062351
That's... actually not a bad idea.
>>
File: ivan-aivazovsky-marine.jpg (275 KB, 1600x1071) Image search: [Google]
ivan-aivazovsky-marine.jpg
275 KB, 1600x1071
best game comin through
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZOBGbzfSi8
>>
How would you do a soft reboot of AC? Treasure of Eden that alters time?
>>
>>338062406
Once you finish Black Flag you should quit the series then and there. Trust me. It's like the only diamond in a huge pile of shit. That's what it's been since atleast AC3, some might say Revelations.

Maybe next years soft reboot will get things straight.
>>
>>338062406
>bing bang
>>
>>338062597
They got their shit figured out, yeah. The problem with the MD is the execution, they need to get it right. People would stop with all the complaining then too.
>>
>>338062661
By going to ubi's office and splattering everyone's brains on the walls

>>338062693
Rogue is good too, I hear
Unity is an unmitigated disaster though
>>
>>338062206
I was more on about the modern day story, but still the past story isn't bad, steretpe plot for revenge after mother was slaughtered, he then got sucked into the whole templar conspiriacy.
rogue adds to it that it was shay and hathaam kenway who fucked up the assassins in merica and fucked achilles up kek.

my thing with the first 5 games was that I was egrossed, when playing in the animus I wanted to further the story to find out what is happening in the modern day, and when in modern day I want to knw what is going on in the past.
now they have fucked that up completely, there is no interest in the story at all.
>>
>>338062693
Is it confirmed to be a reboot?

I wonder how they will compensate for lack of certain mechanics. I heard ancient Egypt would be the next place, but how are they gonna make things work fun without guns and dual hidden blades.
>>
>>338062796
Rogue's fine, but I feel like it's very overrated. It doesn't hold a candle to Black Flag in any department, yet I see it hailed as the best by some. Worth a playthrough though.

Unity is the kind of game you can skip without missing out on anything. Really, just ignore its existence. Don't be fooled by the people who constantly bash its technical problems, the game itself sucks.
>>
>>338062845
Reading your vomit literally hurt my brain.
Fuck you.
>>
>>338062626

OH BILLY RILEY MASTER OF DROGHER
BOUND FOR ANTIGUA
>>
One question. Whats the point of going in the past after 3?
>>
Isn't the next game going to be actually in the past,instead of a videogame based off of memories in the present? That might actually help things quite a bit.
>>
>>338062940
Nothing's confirmed yet, it's just that the leaker mentioned this and his stuff has been corroborated by others as well. AC leaks very rarely turn out to be false.

As for how they'd do it? I don't know man, I'm not an idea guy. I have faith though because the Black Flag team is doing this one. Definitely sounds badass.
>>
>>338063082
like always, pieces of eden or other things they need to get before the templars, like sage dna.
>>
>>338062998
I kinda like Reign of Terror Paris as a setting and how they incorporated the videogame aspects.

Biggest problem is the fact that the main guy is a fucking sissy. The ignorant but feisty templar chick would've been a much better player character.
>>
>>338063380
Ugh. Obviously I meant biggest problem besides the fact that the game is unplayable mess tech-wise.
>>
File: 69c.png (296 KB, 555x504) Image search: [Google]
69c.png
296 KB, 555x504
>>338062661
I'm guessing there is going to be an Ass Creed game for the First Civ.

Don't know if this was a foreshadowing or not, but there is a part in AC3 where Shaun and Desmond have this conversation about how amazing is the first civilization, regarding all the mysteries, tech and shit. Shaun says at the end of the conversation "Once this is all over, maybe we can use the animus on you to go back all the way, to the very beginning of all this 70,000 years ago"
>>
>>338062693
>>338062796
roue is good, if you liek the naval combat, it uses many assets from 4 and 3 though.

I dont see the hate for unity at all.
story aside, they revamped the parkor and it is a much needed and well designed improvement on traversal and animations.
the combat is better, but I would prefer 3's combat, just easy kill everything.
money has an actual use in this game, so there is a point in looting the chests.
the city is beautiful, very detailed with loads of interiors, and above all, the assassinations have tried to take it back to AC1 and kind of copy a hitman format of mission structure.

Syndicate improved on all of this too with also an organic mission structure, side quests can actually be done while on missions.
>>
>>338063380
No doubt they did a fantastic job with the city but that's every AC really.
>>
Anybody else miss the glyphs? I wish they would bring them back.
>>
>>338063602
Not really, 3 was utter shit in terms of environment.
Gigantic spaces full of fucking nothing.

Same thing with some of the locations in Black Flag. And Syndicate to lesser extent.
>>
>>338063665
They were one of my favourite things in the games back then, without them AC2 and Brotherhood wouldn't have been as good.

I wished for their comeback for a long time as well but really there's no point. They served their purpose. I don't see how or why they could come back.
>>
You think we'll ever get a Assassin's creed: Shinobi,where you play as a qt ninja and get to use disguises and poisons to dispatch enemies in a richly detailed feudal environment?
>>
>tfw when Empire marketing starts next year /v/ will be full of WE WUZ KANGZ N SHIET threads

Not really looking forward to this.
>>
>>338063665
Ubi did something like that cleverly to an extant with AC3 along the lines of sewer diving and unlocking fast travel locations.
>>
>>338064124
They've been repeatedly quoted as saying 'no'.
>>
>>338061364
No, they don't really know about her for the mostpart. She's manipulating them to bring her back.

They're trying to recreate a First Civilization being to sequence its DNA for Animus shenanigans.
>>
>>338064314
I just don't get it, do they think it's too obvious?
>>
File: you_think_you_want_it.png (405 KB, 889x390) Image search: [Google]
you_think_you_want_it.png
405 KB, 889x390
>>338064124
Ubisoft has already dismissed all of the fun interesting settings. So no Japan, no WW2.
>>
>>338063487
>the game was unplayable mess tech-wise.
ftfy
>>
>>338064637
The main mythos of the series revolves around Europe and the Middle East. Assassins and Templars didn't do too much in Asia.
>>
>>338064637
That's exactly it.
>>
>>338064670
That's plain false, the wiki is misinforming people. Ubisoft did not say any of these.

It's just 1 guy who said this, he was the creative director of AC3 and Far Cry 4. He isn't even on the AC brand anymore, it doesn't matter what he thinks. Even then, there are multiple AC teams that all have different tastes. It just means that IF this asshole returned, his game would definitely not have any of these settings.

The Egypt leak downright proves the wiki wrong.
>>
>>338065021
>creative director of AC3
>the least creative of all ACs
>mouthing off about creative decisions
top fucking kek
>>
>>338065240
>the least creative of all ACs
Dude what? ACIII introduced loads of new shit
>>
>>338064803
You could play with that

>assassin comes to Japan to check things out, is captured by ninja
>impressed by their independently developed skills and capabilities, uses a piece of eden to give some of them eagle vision, lets them in on the designs of the templar for control
>it's revealed that several daimyo have formed alliances with the templars, and have thus gained access to advanced european technology
>your character and the assassin representative work from the shadows to prevent the templars from gaining a foothold in japan
the assassin is also a girl and they fall in love,because it will win progressive points and be totally cute at the same time
>>
>>338065408
>uses a piece of eden to give some of them eagle vision
stopped reading there
>>
>>338065360
No, it really didn't.
How do I know that? They hyped up the fact that you could climb up a tree.

If that's not fucking bottom of the barrel desperation, I don't know what is.
>>
>>338065572
Now hang on one second, let me ask you this-eagle vision is clearly genetically transmitted,right? So it had to be given to humanity genetically initially, right? The ancient aloums had to alter our DNA so we would develop the ability. So why is it crazy that a piece of this old technology would have the ability to confer eagle vision if it could edit human DNA on the fly? It's weird that in a series with psychic warrior popes and god-like aliens living in the internet that a on the fly gene resequencer is a dealbreaker in terms of believe-ability.
>>
>>338065646
But you could never climb trees in AC games before, so it was pretty cool. Also,
>animals
>naval combat
>huge wilderness area
>redid the controls and UI
>crafting
the list goes on, and I hate ACIII. It introduced TOO MUCH and was a clusterfuck
>>
I played the first and second games and enjoyed them, even got all the collectibles and shit. But I didn't really feel a drive to continue with the series after that, a bunch of spin off games didn't really help with that. Would the series be worth getting back into at this point? I don't even know how many games there are now but if I got back into it I think I'd go into production order.
>>
>>338066297
No. You are fine like this.
>>
>>338059229
No one knows.
They probably though it was a cool idea in the first game to give some modern context to what's happening and have an easy explanation for character motivations.

After that they realized that no one liked that part but they still wanted to milk the series so they couldn't drop it.

Honestly I hate the modern parts so fucking much I really liked the ACs I played (1,2BH,3) but EVERYTIME I got to the modern parts I wanted to stop playing.
It was completely boring and meaningless and removed me everytime from the Interesting stuff.
>>
>>338066297
The games are mostly similar but with a few innovations or new mechanics in every entry. If you enjoyed even the rather poor first game, there's no reason you shouldn't continue.
>>
>>338065646

all that >>338065939 said
plus the added interiors, well where you run through them, instant executions.
remember in every AC before you had to walk up behind the enemy with your hidden blade equipped and assasinate them, well from 3 onwards you could run up to a mofo with any weapon and hold attack and execute them.
the rehauled the combat and counter system as well as changing the city scape from a spralling mess of rooftopsto wide streets with trees and awning/poles in between.

it really is one of the best of the series.
hating AC3 is a meme.
>>
>>338059229
I dunno
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.