[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Last thread 404d when I was in a board meeting, Let's try
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 9
File: investors.jpg (64 KB, 565x257) Image search: [Google]
investors.jpg
64 KB, 565x257
Last thread 404d when I was in a board meeting, Let's try this again:

My studio might have an entry-level position open for someone with a lot of great ideas for videogames. Hit me with your best and I'll let you know if we should talk more. :)

Had some good energy in the last thread
>A 10 hour game with only one boss enemy in it. Most of the game is spent figuring out how to uncover his weaknesses and prepare for the battle. However while you're trying to do that the boss enemy is coming after you once in awhile. The game is basically a drawn out Predator or The End Boss fight made into a game.
HR wants to talk!
>>
Look at popular/upcoming mobile games design and price model.

Steal 90% of it but make it cheaper.

You're welcome.
>>
>Spend ENTIRE game mastering a bosses weakness
>Boss suddenly becomes too easy at the end

Haha what?
>>
>>338054774
My one idea is a stylized olympics game.

No set date or anything, if you just label it "2020 olympics", it will only be relevant than, and still probably not sell. Each olympic event event is performed by an animal that is well suited for it. The 100 metre dash could be performed by cheetahs, and boxing performed by siamese fighting fish.
By stylizing it enough with simple cel-shaders and leaving the assets open for 4k, you have a videogame that will last an extremely long time.

Further monetization of it would come from buying "exclusive" skins for the animals, or costumes. For example, you could buy a "The Flash" costume for the cheetah, for get an Andre the Giant mask for the fish. Kangaroos in long jump could use Thor skins, etc. Basic colour options should be allowed.

Multiplayer should be available for such a game.
>>
>>338055154
I like how you're thinking but we need a real Idea Guy

>>338055334
Not bad, could use a little work
>>
>>338054774
Fuck off and do your job that apparently is coming up with video game ideas.
>>
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/338046583/#338046583
>>
>>338054774

>being this desperate for game ideas

you probably aren't cut out for game dev.
>>
I was told /v/ was the place to come to for people who have a lot of good ideas

>>338055621
Not my job home boy but could be yours
>>
>>338055760

"Hey we will employ someone who has good game ideas!"
"I made a post on an anonymous imageboard and this one guy has a nice idea"
"He's hired!"

you're fucking retarded if you thought anyone would believe this
>>
File: 1463592648.png (29 KB, 525x118) Image search: [Google]
1463592648.png
29 KB, 525x118
u have been bamboozle
>>
>>338055492
Don't forget, I have another idea where:

Graphical style would be more realistic, to help you get attached to the characters. It's easier to get attached when they look more real.
Each character you meet has a possibly randomly generated backstory, and you never meet the same character twice.
In order to stop an ancient evil, you must send them off to their death in order to fend off certain things so you can get to the final battle
You choose everything with rock paper scissors battles as to who dies, and it autosaves so if someone you like dies, you're fucked so you can't go back.
The main character is already stated to have the sole ability to stop the world ending cataclysm. Probably because of some inheritance left behind by an archaeologist family member. Only they can use it.
You have no limit to the party members you can recruit, but you have limits to how many you have traveling with you
If party members don't venture out with you often enough, there are consequences tied to this.
Essentially, everyone dies and the final boss battle will be 1v1.
The main character should be able to be seen as a heartless bastard for seeing all these people to their permadeaths. Make sure you are able to have large parties with you, all of whom are sent to their death before the last boss.
Every battle will require sacrifice of party members to actually win. Whether it's sealing the boss soul or using the party member as a sort of "boss antimatter", there needs to be death.
>>
>>338056016
Non-dreamers would be a poor culture fit, me matey ;)

>>338056256
Rock paper scissors, it's been done before but there is some potential there for sure. I like what you're saying here, keep up the good work!
>>
Reminder that ideas are not copyrightable, and any idea you post can and will be used without paying you a cent
>>
File: 1462239457.png (54 KB, 629x409) Image search: [Google]
1462239457.png
54 KB, 629x409
>>338056457
Wrong me matey ;)
>>
>>338056426
Ur a faget
>>
you're an American astronaut who was abandoned on the moon
you meet moonmen who try to console you and invite you into their moonsociety

the twist is that the moon landings are a hoax and you are in a psychiatric facility and the moonmen are psychiatric staff and patients

it's a first person shooter
>>
File: file.png (206 KB, 1429x326) Image search: [Google]
file.png
206 KB, 1429x326
>>338056457
>implying your ideas are valuable
baka senpai so many morons share their ideas for no reason
I just categorize and elaborate on ideas that are decent
>>
>>338056542
>patents
>copyrights
>>
>>338054774
>an actual company with a board wants an idea guy

Your company is dead or fake.
>>
Are there any games where the main character is a mook type of enemy like a goblin or goomba type?

I guess kind of like Re: Monster but without the character becoming insanely OP and cool with little effort.
>>
>>338056573
Not interested in starting a flame war here, but let's just say that when I'm your dad you will address me with respect

>>338056662
Hey I like it, keep working on it!

>>338056738
>>338056918
Ideas are essential, we need all the dreamers we can get me matey
>>
Well I encourage everyone who posted a good idea in this thread to go ahead and apply directly on the website, I'll make sure your application gets looked at before it hits the auto-screener ha ha ha.

Take it cheesy folks!
>>
>>338057146
>Ideas are essential, we need all the dreamers we can get me matey
dreamers are worthless you idiot. Any retard has ideas.
Designers are not people who make up video games every day, they make and organize the fucking things.
It's a more complicated, team leading job, coming up with game ideas is the smallest part of it, biggest part is making it happen.

Nobody and I mean NOBODY will pay anyone to sit in a room and come up with game ideas all day. That concept is so retarded in so many ways and useless.
>>
>>338057937
Must be tough living life in such a negative way. Like I said only dreamers needed.
>>
>>338057146
You
Yes you, are an faget.
Your thread is also shit and "me matey" is a dumb sentence ender.
>>
>>338058241
See above, Goodbye!
>>
>>338054774
Bill Gates?
>>
>>338058378
Not even close, me matey :) We can all aspire to Billy Boy's greatness
>>
>>338058686
I don't want to work on a pirate ship.
>>
File: snake citybuilder.png (10 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
snake citybuilder.png
10 KB, 1000x1000
>>
File: 1462307917961.png (547 KB, 635x640) Image search: [Google]
1462307917961.png
547 KB, 635x640
>>338054774
10/10 thread, this really brings the grogtards out to grumble bad ideas.
>>
Got a couple more minutes to read ideas, would hate to tell HR there's no interest ;)
>>
>>338060043
Show us a concept of any one of these ideas done by your people in one month and I'll have a few more ready for you.
>>
>>338054774
>Want's an idea guy
>For video games
Wow, this is officially the baitiest bait that ever dropped into this fish pond.
>>
>>338060174
Honestly bud I have not been blown hard by any ideas yet but there is definitely potential here
>>
File: Untitled.png (55 KB, 1100x657) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
55 KB, 1100x657
I've got a really good idea for a youtube show but it has nothing to do with gaming. I'll post the idea if people want.

For gaming: action/adventure game that takes place entirely in a babylon-esque city, a tall tower of hallways, byways, and hidden areas. The people live at the uppermost part of the city and don't go spelunking down below anymore as all their needs are satisfactorily met so there is no need to. Enter the Player character, a man who moved to this place for reasons. You make a living and if you want can unravel the mysteries of this place. the player can ignore the quest and just live his life if they want. Its action/adventure but will have detective elements a la a batman story. Emphasis on verical instead of horizontal playspaces.

mspaint image to show the flow of the city.
>>
>>338060043
>people are seriously throwing ideas at this roleplaying faget on an anonymouse cantonese theology board
You niggas bored
>>
>>338060865
>not playing pretend with your bros
You probably wouldn't let your homies suck your dick man. Why are you even here?
>>
>>338060420
Why would I give you A+ ideas for bait? I wanna see you prove you're not shit by making any one thing in this thread. Even if it's just a shitty demo in gamemaker or basic unity asets, I wanna see you prove you can make a game about 10 hours of preparing for a boss, or fish punching eachother.
>>
>>338060808
Sorry, not interested in doing youtube shows. Pictures can definitely help get the ideas flowing but, don't take this the wrong way, you should work on your art.

>>338060996
I'm not the one who will be interviewing you, Idea Man
>>
>>338061154
>work on your art
>mspaint

You need to work the "whats in it for me" angle in your gonna roleplay as a jew btw.
>>
Well that's all I got time for, again I encourage anyone with some great ideas to apply right on the website, like I said I'll make sure it gets some human eyes on it.

Smell ya later!
>>
1. Game Idea: A Son is looking for his father
2. Game Idea: A Father is looking for his son
3. Game Idea: Both, father and son, look for each other
>>
>>338061154
Then who is? I wanna get a direct line to HR, then and set up an interview with sketches and a small portfolio instead of chucking ideas at some dudebro who probably skipped enjoying games for making money..
>>
>>338054774
I'll bite this bait.Predator game in style of Re3 but replace zombies with humans and you have to fight or run.
>>
>>338061918
Not bad me matey :)
>>
>>338054774
Watch that movie Crank1&2 have open world/beat'm'up and you die if you aren't in action.
>>
Even if this was real I would not work for this person
>Not interested in starting a flame war here, but let's just say that when I'm your dad you will address me with respect
>me matey
>me matey
>me matey
unhinged
>>
>>338054774
Futrama game in style of mass effect1&2
Chrono Trigger.
>>
A woman wakes up in the hospital after being raped. The entire game is about finding out who raped her since she has no recollection of the last night. The beuty of the endgame is anyone she chooses as the rapist will have an ending supporting her claims. The sequel will build off the canon ending of her making the whole thing up, no one raped her. Her sister will be on the police force and it turns out you were playing the game from the perspective of him, based on what he knows about the situation. Her name will be Justice K. Kaukoo.

The game will be mediocre and not really have much redeeming it gameplay wise but will win me game of the year awards left and right. I will be blacklisted when the second game comes out.
>>
>>338062534
Her Story?
>>
A RPG where the character is controlled by thousands of people at the same time.

Like Twitch Plays Pokemon but a fully realized concept and an original IP
>>
Why wouldn't this be real? Good ideas really carry a game. Not something I'm very good at, I'm more of a codemonkey.
>>
>>338062773
I would never suffer through watching that stream or playing that a game like that. It'd be cool for the novelty.
>>
>>338062625
No, mine will have actual gameplay, shitty uninspired gameplay, but actual gameplay. I never played her story honestly, is that the plot?

>>338062773
This is actually brilliant in a way. each person is like a single cell in the body.

>>338062867
>Why wouldn't this be real?
Oh you have a genuinely good idea that you think could make you millions? just tell it to me anonymously online, I assure you I will not just steal the idea and take all credit for it. You can trust me, I work in a big company that I won't tell you the name of or give you any evidence to support anything. You can trust me.
>>
>You wake up at a mental hospital and the entire place is crawling with monsters
>you have to escape
>the local town is also overrun by monsters

turns out your were locked up for a good reason, which the game will elude to every now and then before it is revealed near the end
>>
A game where if you are bad at it, the graphics slowly start turning cartoonish and the difficulty goes down. If you continue to play poorly you get locked into a tutorial section until you're better.
>>
>>338054774

A Persona game, with similar artstyle and gameplay as the other games except you can fuck all the girls and it's full of sweet h-scenes
>>
>>338063104
It's pretty close but it's something about twins living eachothers life and one of them kills the others husband and it's kinda convoluted. Gameplay is just watching recordings and you have to decipher which is the killer and isn't, they switch off between interviews.
>>
an MMO Sandbox crafting survival game with a twist
>>
A game with similar systems as Dark Souls series where you play the game 'single player' but can interact in other players worlds. The setting though takes place untold millenia in the future where humanity has ascended to Dr. Manhattan levels of power, this caused people to fight with each other in cosmos shattering fights to secure their own survival. The human 'race' is no more, now each person is a hegemony of 1. The skill trees that you unlock allow you to manipulate reality to your will.

The player is free to live their own existence as they choose, create life, seclude yourself, explore the cosmos. As the meta evolves it will become apparent you will have to be savage to survive other players so people will naturally evolve their playstyle to mimic the background of the game - don't trust anyone, kill them first so they don't kill you.

The game engine would have to be absolutely insane to handle everything, but the only thing holding people back from achieving their endgame is their own imagination. a meta will evolve but the people who constantly do well will be the ones metagaming the meta.

Essentially Dark Souls meets Gurren Lagan with Sins of a Solar Empire thrown in there.
>>
>>338063337
Why not make it live action like plumbers don't wear ties it could fill a niche genre.
>>
>>338054774
Night trap/ the wire game where you watch criminals and have to go out to kick there asses.

I loved that element in sleeping dogs but wish it was more fleshed out.
>>
>>338063893
>Essentially Dark Souls meets Gurren Lagan
I bet you smell really bad irl
>>
>>338064515
all that typing I did, knowing that when I got to that part I'd get my coveted (you).

Thank you anon, you made my day.
>>
>>338064740
Here's another one, I hope this gives you the validation you so desperately crave from an anonymous message board
>>
File: 1463507503615.jpg (45 KB, 668x490) Image search: [Google]
1463507503615.jpg
45 KB, 668x490
>>338054774
Heavy Metal rpg and it has a really awesome soundtrack.
>>
>>338064894
keep it coming man, I've been edging for like 3 hours and this is the most stimulated I've been in my life.
>>
>>338063801
What's the twist? Come on people, my job is on the line.
>>
>>338065424
I'll never tell until I'm hired, me matey ;)
>>
>>338065424
That you get fired from your job in game because your playing an mmo than the game becomes real life and you have to rob/steal/kill to survive ala Gta.
>>
>>338054774
Make a game about surviving in South Africa after the blacks take over. You're a white farmer and you watch your family get raped and then hung and gutted like pigs.
>>
>All these guiblible faggots who actually believe that being the Idea Guy is an actual job.
>>
>>338054774
I have some designs for multi-axis gender sliders
>>
>>338065886
That's Re5 nigga.
>>
>>338054774
>ideas guy
not even a thing, literally everyone has dumb ideas like the one in op. As soon as you try to design how it would actually work you realease it's fucking shit and drop it
>>
>>338065924
I'm just shitposting and bored but I'm having fun.

Am I hired?
>>
>>338065924
>not realizing that the Idea Guy is a real job, just given actual titles instead of a dude in our click moniker.

I am literally the idea guy in my company. I make more than everyone there except 1 person, and I trust him with his role enough that I am fine with it.
>>
>>338056662
>you're an American astronaut who was abandoned on the moon
story

>you meet moonmen who try to console you and invite you into their moonsociety
story

>the twist is that the moon landings are a hoax and you are in a psychiatric facility and the moonmen are psychiatric staff and patients
story

>it's a first person shooter
gameplay
>>
>>338066572
Kek
>>
>>338057553
I can't find the website, I've got a bunch of pretty good ideas
>>
>>338054774
A game with a soundtrack full of high-quality rips.
>>
>>338066956
I'll pass em along to the higher ups. Just make sure to take a picture of your Social Security card and post it with your story so I can give you credit. I don't want people thinking I'm just running off with their ideas, I'm trying to be on the up and up here.
>>
File: shower_poo2.gif (637 KB, 280x190) Image search: [Google]
shower_poo2.gif
637 KB, 280x190
>>338067107
(You)
>>
Tell you what, let me know how to get in contact with you and I'll fill your shit company with enough good ideas to take you into the next century.
>>
>>338067818
He already said dude, just apply on the website, are you retarded? Post your worthless idea
>>
>>338068081
Lmao this thread is GOAT for shitposting.
>>
A game where you give pats, pinches, jiggles and smooches to cute bunbuns.
>>
>>338067571
Who is this semen demon?
>>
On a short lunch break guys, got some really good juices flowing in this thread, I think some of you really have a future in this industry
>>
Stealth game with elements of time travel

>At first the game seems real easy because of all the cover
>Later you have to travel back in time to the same area, dodging your past self as well lest you create a time paradox

Later levels ramp up the number of instances of you, and the number of objectives that you have to achieve within a short timespan
>>
>>338071491
That's actually a good idea
>>
>>338071491
Really great! Are you available for an internship potentially?
>>
>>338071865
>At first it was a job
>Now it's an unpaid intership
At least try to be consistent in your fanfiction
>>
>>338072216
That is the route to the job, yes. 6 month trial period, it is quite standard me matey :)
>>
>>338072815
Provide some actual proof then. You have 15 minutes. I can't wait for your lame excuse me matey.
>>
>>338072930
I would if I could but I can't so I won't. Hoooorn, lunch is over, back to business. Look forward to shaking one of your hands.

Keep it cheesy folks!
>>
>>338067107
Where should I send it?
>>
Is this for real? I have some good ideas in a notebook
>>
>>338074427
No, but what's the problem with having some fun me matey? :)
>>
>>338074582
But what if it was, that would be my perfect job
>>
>>338075287
There's no such thing as an Idea guy job.
>>
>>338074427
If you have to ask the question you already have the answer.
>>
my mom says I have to stop eating my boogers and playing with my butt crumbles
Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.