[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NI-OH
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: ARIGATO SHIRRUMAN.jpeg.png (276 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
ARIGATO SHIRRUMAN.jpeg.png
276 KB, 499x499
Dude why is Ni-oh thread dead? Can Ni-oh be the new overwatch?

Ni-oh thread.
>>
I really think the randomized loot goes against the gameplay in Ni-Oh, this ain't Diablo, for a fixed world with unlockable shortcuts souls-style you need a consistent difficulty curve and ability to randomly get a weapon with huge damage negates the whole point of it(reminds me of Darksiders 2, that did the same and fucked up its zelda-liek gameplay). Also one thing it really has going for it is the variety in combat abilities with different stances, but then they lock most of it behind unlockable skills. I liked the demo, but I think it's not really living up to its potential because of those mechanics and the sad thing they were clearly put in the game because devs were too afraid to look like a souls rip-off.
>>
>>338009781
Needs more weapon. Not feeling the shitty spear.
>>
What's the point of making the demo time limited? Shouldn't you want as many people to try the game as possible, especially with a new ip?
>>
>>338009781
GOOD LUCK, KEN!
>>
>>338010830
Because it's not a demo, it was an alpha designed to get player feedback.
>>
>>338010830
The game's due out in 6 months, they wanted to basically just get as much feedback as they could in the 10 days it was up and then fine-tune it based that one big chunk.
>>
Its a better souls game than anything from has shat out.

Also looks better and runs better
>>
ARIGATO SHIRRUMAN
>>
>>338011059
>>338011073

Whacky, I thought the game was near finished, but I didn't know the game existed until the last day of the test either. How soulsy is it anyway? Are they trying to do the "tell the story through item descriptions" thing?
>>
>>338011398
>How soulsy is it anyway?
Souls babies were screaming that it was full of artificial difficulty because there's no i-frames and you actually need to do something other than spam roll and light attack, so I wouldn't say it's like Dark Souls outside of the general mechanics, like "bonfires", enemies dropping "souls" that you use to level up and buy things, being able to see and fight ghosts of other players, etc

It's clearly taking inspiration from Dark Souls in some ways but in terms of gameplay, no. I can't stand the gameplay in Souls and I loved Ni-Oh.
>>
>>338011398
Yeah, but they also have cutscenes. It also has same world design philosophy where you go through a tough path then unlock a shortcut to the start. Same very punishing gameplay, same stamina management. It does have diablo-like random loot system though and combat is more complex with four different stances(fast, medium, slow, iaido) that you can upgrade by spending skill points, although I have no damn idea how you get those, because I didn't have any for the most of it then suddenly had 20.
>>
>>338011676
There are i-frames, just less of them.
>>
>>338011246
I kind of agree with this. Once I got used to the flow of the combat in Nioh, I felt disappointed going back to DaS3.
>>
>>338009781
>Dude why is Ni-oh thread dead?
It happens to all games shilled to death before their release.
>>
ARIGATO SHIRRUMAN
>>
>>338011945
>shilled
>free demo of a good game
Oh, it's because it's a Sony exclusive, I get it. Don't worry, you can play the full game in 2035 when PS4 emulation is just getting started.
>>
>>338011398
No, the gane is mission based, you select missions from the map screen.

Story is relayed through mission descriptions and absorbing amrita memories, which trigger some voiced dialogue expositioning the events that transpired

The story is solid, and dark.
Also has none of that vague From mystical mumbo jumbo bullshit that is basically 99% player headcanon and speculation
>>
>>338011676
Dark souls did not invent enemies dropping xp, nor did it invent "managing your party at a campfire"
>>
>>338013769
I didn't say it did.
>>
>>338014000
>its clearly taking inspiration

Onimusha existed long before demon souls
>>
>>338011676
>>338011246
Why are you so desperate to force this rivalry between Nioh and Souls?
>>
>>338014331
That's what makes /v/ a /v/. Always compare and shitted on the other games no matter what.
>>
How would a nioh kickstarter be received ?

>>338015958
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.