[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did beth killed the Fallout series?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: bethdrones will defend this.png (245 KB, 2576x948) Image search: [Google]
bethdrones will defend this.png
245 KB, 2576x948
Did beth killed the Fallout series?
>>
Fallout was never good
>>
>>337978218
Considering that Fallout New Vegas came out not long after FO3? And that NV is heralded as one of the greatest modern WRPG's, worthy of 1 and 2?

No. They certainly changed it for the worse in many aspects but the things FO3 did well were good (improved graphics, gun/sword play), and everything FO3 did horribly NV did absolutely right to make one of the rarest gems of its time.

FO4 falls into the same rut as FO3. It's status as an RPG is terrible, but as an openworld action shooter it's honestly really fun, and to its credit expands on FO3 in nearly every aspect. No one in their right mind will tell you FO4 is worse than FO3. Though FO4 also squanders the treasure traits/skills/SPECIAL system this is something that could be easily rectified in another NV-esque sequel, leading to, again, a timeless RPG if the FO4 engine were to be put in hands of Obsidian's dedicated team (and, given more than a year to make it).
>>
>>337979308
>improved graphics, gun/sword play
nice bait
>>
>>337979308
new vegas was a one time deal, obsidian is not going to make another fallout. bethesda doesn't need to crank out a sequel to fallout 4 because now it has been established as a popular AAA series.
>>
>>337980224
Look you can hate that game all you want, it deserves it

But fuck if they didn't put effort into the modeling, the physics engine, the assets, V.A.T.S. alone must have been a herculean effort of coding to pull off. FO3 gets a lot of shit wrong (I won't even speak of its AI quality), but shooting and fighting it doesn't.
>>
Is water wet?
Is fire hot?
Is PS4 shit?
Is Nintendo dead?
Is OP a fag?

You should be able to answer all this questions
>>
>>337980638
>One time deal

Fuck me for not saving the tweet but I read the game devs were open to handing it off to Obsidian for another round, has it been retracted?

Besides, I figure part of the reason they let Obsidian handle FNV was BECAUSE FO3 was getting critically panned for not being a true RPG, the same as FO4 is getting now, so why wouldn't they want to bank on the legions of NV fans that are waiting anxiously for a NV on FO4's engine?
>>
i ain't reading that
>>
>>337981081
You dont have to. It's a visual aid to showcase that New Vegas has more quests than FO3 and FO4 combined.
>>
>>337978218

Fallout was already fucking dead.

Bethesda basically brought the series back from the dead. Even if you hate their work on the series, bethesda was the catalyst for NV to happen.
>>
>>337980809
>yes
>yes
>no
>yes
>yes

try again
>>
>>337981420
sonyigger
>>
>>337981398
That's the only reason I don't really hold much against Bethesda for not giving a shit about the lore. I only got into Fallout after hearing about 3 since I didn't have a PC back when 1 or 2 came out. I love the older games a lot more than 3, but I'm glad 3 happened so that I could get to play 1, 2, and NV.
>>
File: 1449511831074.gif (432 KB, 500x394) Image search: [Google]
1449511831074.gif
432 KB, 500x394
>>337978218
That list of quests includes all the DLCs from NV, as well as unmarked quests.

For reference, this is what an unmarked quest is.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/A_Bit_of_Slap_and_Tickle

Its not a quest. It is an achievement in everything but name.
>>
File: a4Lm4dv_700b.jpg (43 KB, 700x395) Image search: [Google]
a4Lm4dv_700b.jpg
43 KB, 700x395
>>337981659
I'll give FO3 credit for this as well.

If that makes me a casual faggot for not hearing about 1 and 2 first, so be it, i'd suck dick for the old Fallout games. Not to mention NV.
>>
No, they made it playable
>>
>>337981398

>Pump money into something
>Shit gets made

Gee I wonder.
>>
>>337981745
Some are a bit longer while still unmarked, like that Cannibal town in FO3 or finding the Initiate's lost energy pistol in FNV.

Besides that though: the OP image still holds water because
A) FO3's unmarked quests are listed as well, and
B) Fetch quests (where they never complete, you just get EXP for bringing in items to NPC's) in FO4 are listed as normal side quests in that drop down, where as similar fetch quests are listed as unmarked in NV.

No matter how you slice it or minimize unmarked quests in NV, you can't do it to that without doing the same to each of the other games, hence: still double the number of quests.
>>
File: 03949343.jpg (34 KB, 493x386) Image search: [Google]
03949343.jpg
34 KB, 493x386
>>337981626
>cant even shitpost properly
>>
>>337978218
Fallout 4 fucking sucked. I was just looking at the steam reviews and even those Gaben worshiping fucks only gave 1 positive review in the 20 most helpful. I just wish they would let Obsidian take over development but still pay fees to Zenimax so Fallout could be good again and Elder Scrolls could come out faster.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.