[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I can't play video games anymore. I just can't. I recently
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: 1458157301567.png (79 KB, 190x283) Image search: [Google]
1458157301567.png
79 KB, 190x283
I can't play video games anymore. I just can't.
I recently purchased Twilight Princess HD and began playing it in the living room while my roommate (female) watched. She is a "grrl gamer" and wears Zelda shirts and talks about how much she loves video games all while never playing them. She buys all the latest games and does not play them. To each their own, I suppose.
Anyway, I got up to pic related in TPHD and she said, "I love this guy... first example of diversity in a Zelda game."
I nearly lost it. I finished his dialog, went to the menu, saved and quit. I haven't played since.
I had been losing interest in games over the years, slowly waning down to less than an hour per week, but I think this really did it for me.
Her comment was so representative of exactly what's wrong with the """""culture""""" surrounding video games. She wasn't even correct, but she *had* to say it.
Sorry for the blog post. I don't have many friends who would understand why this is a problem. Thank you for reading.
>>
>>337913270
Look man, I get what you mean, and I hate normalfags just as much as the next guy, but you can't just let someone else ruin games for you.

I've been playing games since the Genesis, and I've been told so many times its a waste of time or uncool or whatever. But I didn't stop.

Now there's all thee normalfags trying to steal our joy and ruin gaming. But we've just got to persevere. If we're strong and resist, it'll end eventually, they'll get tired and go home. And we'll have our games again.

In the meantime, don't stop what you love. Don't play games with that chick if she's that bad. But don't not play.
>>
>>337913270
Kill her and bathe in her blood

Only then will the curse be broken and you can once again enjoy video games
>>
>>337913825
This.
>>
Nice pasta
>>
File: ed0.png (491 KB, 442x600) Image search: [Google]
ed0.png
491 KB, 442x600
>Literal bird nest afro

I forgot how much I hate TP character designs
>>
File: 1460804628202.jpg (71 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1460804628202.jpg
71 KB, 480x480
>>337913270
Lmao how do you fucking ragequit a singleplayer game because of the nice pasta
>>
File: image.gif (2 MB, 320x228) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2 MB, 320x228
Weak bait, try some OC.
That said, I find myself autistically playing games I've played a thousand times because new games seem terrible nowadays. Currently I'm going for a 200 streak in Battle Maison with little luck after 80 battles... Kill me now.
>>
>>337913270
Zelda is popular as fuck. No shit it has a lot of retarded fans. If you want to be part of a less retarded community, play niche games.
>>
>>337913825
This guy knows

Perservere.
>>
https://boards.fireden.net/v/search/filename/1458157301567.png%20/type/op/

https://boards.fireden.net/v/search/filename/1458157301567.png%20/type/op/

Pasta thread do not respond.
>>
File: image.png (537 KB, 692x577) Image search: [Google]
image.png
537 KB, 692x577
>>337913270
I agree OP. I saw this happening years ago and I hoped it would not be this bad. Politics and political correctness seeped into gaming not long after it got normalised. It was bad enough when the normies started playing and ruined previously great series win console tier casualisation, but when the politics seeped in it was too much.

I just don't need political bullshit in my games. What's worse is that as usual it is lefties/SJWs pushing this shit and I don't swing that way. Media has become completely saturated with this PC ideology and honestly I really needed games to not succumb to it as well.

Now we have a black guy on the cover of the first WW1 games, female kerbals, gays all up and down bio ware. Like fuck. I just wanted to drive tanks, fly planes, play with rockets and direct armies on my computer. But now it's like I, sitting through a fucking equity and diversity PowerPoint presentation every time I fire up VideoGame 3: Diversity Wars.

Just didn't need it. Could you lefties just leave us alone? Did we really need politics in gaming?

GET OUT NORMIES

RREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>337916605
God typing on iPads is a cunt. This reads like shit.

Fucking eat shit Apple autocorrect.
>>
>>337913270
>OP didn't call her out on being a fucking retard

But why, you had every reason to. Instead you allowed her asinine comment ruin your experience instead dropping that cunt like a hot potato
>>
>itt newfags take bait
>>
>>337913983
This desu
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.