[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
best mage class
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: download.jpg (8 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8 KB, 300x168
Tried this earlier and didn't get any nibbles.

Is magic viable in DaS3? I see they said they "updated" it. How is pyromancy? In SotFS it was shit compared to DaS1.

Best mage starting class? Pyro, Cleric, Sorcerer, or Assassin? What is a good side stat to have? STR or DEX? Which weapons go well with magic? and finally, INT or FTH?
>>
if you mean PvP, no, it's not viable and you should never do it against players.

If you mean PvE. here goes:

First off, it's worse than DS1 by a fucking mile. It's even worse than in SOTFS. It's the weakest it's been since pre-patch Bloodborne.

Second, pure mage class is just not viable anymore. You just don't do enough damage and enemies are way too fast. You MUST go hybrid, or Pyro.

Third, starting class barely matters, I recommend going Knight and leveling up INT, since it gives you a decent weapon to start with and leveling INT too much early game is just not that good, it has shit scaling.

Alright now that that's out of the way:

Like I said, if you wanna go INT, it's hybrid or nothing. Preferably DEX because rapiers.

If you want to be a bit more flexible, Pyromancy is very much viable in DS3. Just go 40/40 int/fth, leveling them up equally like you would a quality build. More than Viable, I'd say it's a bit OP even. Again, this is talking PvE.

There are no 'side stats' in DS3 honestly, every build has a very clear path. If you want to go mage, just level up DEX+STR a tiny bit for requirements, make that shit RAW, and then level up mostly END, ATN and INT. If you wanna go hybrid start with DEX/STR and pretty much play a warrior until higher levels.
>>
>>337831657
Very insightful, thanks my man.
>>
Best weapon for a pyro?
>>
>>337831657
>if you mean PvP, no, it's not viable and you should never do it against players.

https://youtu.be/ylIXhcVAP08

fuck off retard, git gud or go home
>>
>>337832334
low level? fire longsword +2, bar none
>>
>>337832701
Where do I find that or do I build it?
>>
>>337833075
You have to infuse a longsword with a fire gem, you can get a gem from the stray demon in Undead Settlement

Longsword you can pick up almost anywhere, i think Greirat sells one
>>
>>337831115
Sorcerer is bet for min/mx int builds
Pyro is best for min/max int/fth builds
Cleric best for min/max fth builds

Sorcerers can do pretty good damage but you have to have all the sorc boosting items, those include:
Crown of Dusk
Young Dragon Ring
Bellowing Dragoncrest Ring
Magic Clutch Ring
Scholar's Candlestick
Staff with Steady Chant weapon skill

Pyros are also good as the scale with both fth and int and their best spells have good AoE allowing you to hit multiple enemies and miss less. Pyros can be much more deadly than a sorc if you know how to manually aim.

Miracle casters are kinda weak right now (compared to the other casters) as their lightning spells are not that strong and there are less items to pump up spells like a sorc can. The offensive spells are just not as strong or useful as the other two caster types.
>>
Pyromancy takes a steaming dump on everything, I do 600+ damage with one chaos bed vestiges at 25 int and fth with a +4 flame
>>
>>337831115
For pure sorcery, go to 60 INT. Use any back-up weapon you like, as long as you meet the requirements for it. Infuse with raw and buff it, or infuse it with crystal later on.

For pyromancy, go 30/30 or 40/40 INT/FTH. Pyromancy is pretty good.

For dark sorcery, go 32/30 INT/FTH. 32 so you can use Affinity. Use the Izalith Staff. You can also use pyromancy effectively here, as well as the dark miracles. I'm currently doing this and am having a lot of fun.

Don't do faith builds, they're awful here imo, damage is always going to be less than other options, unless you're using the meme dark sword or Astora swords.

Everything is viable in PvP if you git gud and bait people.
>>
>>337832595
The video is impressive, but you and I both know that any decent player won't get cheesed by manual aim fireballs after the first time.
>>
>>337831115
Just go Spellsword.
Twin Princes' Greatsword + simple dagger/cestus/shield
Then fuck everything up with laserbeams and fire.
>>
>>337832595

Free aim pyromancy is the formula to win
>>
>>337833967
i've been rocking the build and after a good bit of practice, i'm consistently wrecking face in invasions. sure, i get some byes from noob squads.

but you have to understand that even experienced players get greedy when they're in a big group and are all too willing to rush around corners and squeeze into bottlenecks.

and besides, with all three pyro rings and sage ring, sometimes the first time is the only time that counts.
>>
I never even knew about the fire demon, damn... thats why I love this game and BB. So many secret and hidden areas for one to explore. I didn't even discover the location of CotD until I absolutely needed to. Thanks for the help guys, I'm going pyromancer.
>>
>>337832595
>that quad phantom + host kill starting at 3:00

holy shit, gank = spanked
>>
any good spells or miracles to go with pyromancy?
>>
It's not viable. I have all the best gear and my crystal soul spear hits for ~1100 while having to chug every 4 casts. It's retarded.
>>
>>337831115
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSZ2lFGTSdo

Endgame sorc has crazy OHKO potential. If the host / phantoms get complacent for a moment, you ambush them, or there is an odd lag spike they are DEAD.

If you are going pure sorcery damage don't bother with weapons. Just use the spell swords as melee. It is very viable. You basically become a Longsword R1 spammer with pure magic damage and a much superior sweeping R2 via the greatsword spell.
>>
>>337835574
An example of using the spell sword abilities as an alternative to conventional melee:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPaCYi2RqV4
>>
>>337835409
don't dilute your base
>>
>>337832595

What kind of a pussy summons THREE phantoms to carry him through a level. Casual scum
>>
Its time to go play, thanks guys.
>>
>>337835574
>that last kill
>those hp/fp bars

this that shit i do like
>>
>>337836274
>three phantoms
>seed of a tree of giants
>phantoms die
>runs off to summon a fourth
>still dies

nothing is sweeter
>>
>>337836274
True endgame is taking down literal phantom armies in seeded areas.
>>
I'm trying a FTH build this playthrough. I went pure faith with minimum strength/dex. My thoughts so far:

>raw weapon is a must early game
>extra healing is nice at the start, and support spells are helpful
>beating dancer early gives you access to great lightning spear/sacred oath if you grind coop. Also sunlight sword
>if you don't kill dancer early, you won't have any decent offensive miracles for a LONG time
>blessed gems suck balls, and lightning infusion doesn't happen until the game is close to over
>few weapons scale with FTH without infusions

I started the game using raw Astora SS with blessed weapon buff until I reached Anor Londo, then I went with a lightning claymore. Aside from getting to 18 ATN, all level ups went into FTH until it reached 60. I'm at SL 90ish now and wrecking things with a Raw Dragonslayer's Axe +10 with lightning blade. With a lightning clutch ring, it has 736 AR when buffed. It performs pretty well in PvP, as well. Good speed and easy to get 2 hit combos in for big dmg. Overall, FTH only has utility going for it until the end of the game when you can finally start benefitting from it.
>>
>>337831657
Do not believe this man, pure INT is viable if you are not retarded.
>>
>>337831657
Starting scaling actually doesn't matter much because raw weapons dominate early game.
>>
>>337837945
Lightning Stake and WoG when combined with the talisman poise are pretty fucking effective. Pretty much the best offensive miracles are not up close, which I really like.
>>
File: 1462265396506.jpg (398 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1462265396506.jpg
398 KB, 1920x1080
>>337838186
Being a sorcerer makes a lot of the pve areas much easier, including most bosses.
>>
>>337831657
>pure mage class is just not viable anymore
>You MUST go hybrid

that is the dumbest shit I have read today on here
>>
File: Poor and Stupid.jpg (34 KB, 676x422) Image search: [Google]
Poor and Stupid.jpg
34 KB, 676x422
>>337831115
Good hints for an early game magician are
>Get the Rapier from the High Wall corpse and infuse it with raw, you don't need to invest stats because it fits exactly into the Sorc's starting stats and it's much better than the mail breaker
>Stick with the Sorc staff, always upgrade it first
>Prioritize going into Road of Sacrifice first, since you get a lot of good shit for your sorc in there, gems, ember, sage ring, two scrolls, crown of dusk and a tutor.
>A good PvE setup is the best Soul Arrow you have and a magic weapon spell, that is with initial ATT, if you can fit in stuff later, Flashsword is pretty good to mix up with rapier attacks.
>You don't get the 2nd tier sorcery ring and the clutch ring until you get to Boreal Valley. but you can pick up the Lingering Dragon Ring from the crab in the swamp area, he's also guarding a headpiece which increases spell power
>Obscuring ring is good for invasions, but you will be sacrificing a ring slot so be careful
>REMEMBER THAT YOU CAN STILL SPRING WHILE LOCKED ON, IT REALLY FUCKING HELPS AGAINST BOSSES.
There you go, it's only uphill once you get to Boreal Valley, Pure Caster seriously trivializes some enemies and bosses,
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.