[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pillars of Eternity 2 Confirmed, project with Tim Cain &
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 208
Thread images: 26
File: Obsidian_Entertainment.png (7 KB, 531x165) Image search: [Google]
Obsidian_Entertainment.png
7 KB, 531x165
So, Pillars of Eternity 2 has just been confirmed to be in development and Fergus hinted at Tim Cain and Leo Boyarsky to be working on a new project.

Thoughts /v/?

>Obviously, as you’ve probably guessed, we’re starting to move forward on [Pillars of] Eternity II. That is probably something that we want to look at [in terms of crowdfunding]. I think people felt like we delivered on our promise, and then that felt like we could go with Eternity II and people would support us again, because they trust us.

>Eternity II is not announced, [but] it seems silly for me not to acknowledge it, though. If someone asks “Are you working on it?”, I respond “Well, wouldn’t you work on it?”. So then they say “So you must be working on it”, and then I’m like “Well, yeah”.

>Obsidian’s CEO also mentioned that there’s a small group of people within the studio that’s working on something completely new, but he didn’t want to share any details regarding that yet. What’s worth noting, though, is that the names of Tim Cain and Leonard Boyarsky came up while talking about this. Feargus didn’t say that directly, but he pointed that it might have something to do with a prototype using Unreal Engine
>>
Huh, wasn't tyranny announced just last month?
>>
File: portrait_durance_lg.png (122 KB, 210x330) Image search: [Google]
portrait_durance_lg.png
122 KB, 210x330
It was obvious. Sawyer had already confirmed it as much himself on Twitter.

I'm happy. I am one of the ten people in this world who enjoys Pillars of Eternity and thinks it's a great game. I actually think it's the best Isometric RPG from the new ones in the past few years. Looking forward to a sequel. Also looking forward to Tyranny and Torment and Divinity: Original Sin 2 and whatever this new project is, for that matter (Maybe that World of Darkness game everyone wants?)

By the way, Pillars of Eternity 2 will be set in the nigger isles, so expect tons of "WE" shitposting.
>>
>>337824020
yeah but it's not being headed by the Pillars team.
>>
>>337824040
>By the way, Pillars of Eternity 2 will be set in the nigger isles
is this real?
where's source?
>>
>>337825064
Sawyer changed that to be his twitter location for a while. He does that with every game he starts developing.
>>
Crowdfunding, uh oh.

Let's hope they don't fuck up their game again with retarded stretch goals and backer promises.
>>
>>337825064
>nigger isles
where the hell is that?
>>
hyped
fuck rpg codex
>>
>>337826483
http://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Vailian_Republics
>>
>>337826483
Either Philippines or UK.
>>
>>337824040

dropped
>>
>>337826640
I hope someone makes a world map or something because english is not my first language and the english used in PoE is rather complicated

I have a hard time piecing together the lore

does anyone have the source where they announced PoE 2 is coming???
>>
>>337826794
http://www.gamepressure.com/e.asp?ID=712
>>
>>337824040
lol dude come on, just because /v/ hates it doesn't mean only 10 people liked it

though I hope they improve shit

>boring custom weapons you can find
>boring weapon crafting system
>boring stronghold
>boring/gay endboss at the end of the endless paths
>the lines in between what characters say are way too much and need to be reduced

etc. I can't think of more right now
>>
>Obsidian’s CEO also mentioned that there’s a small group of people within the studio that’s working on something completely new, but he didn’t want to share any details regarding that yet. What’s worth noting, though, is that the names of Tim Cain and Leonard Boyarsky came up while talking about this. Feargus didn’t say that directly, but he pointed that it might have something to do with a prototype using Unreal Engine

It's WoD right? It has to be. Unreal Engine, Boyarsky, completely new.
>>
>>337825316
well, that's an instant DROPPED for me.
>>
>>337827327
>the lines in between what characters say are way too much and need to be reduced

I don't mind this as I'm an avid reader. It's kinda funny though because they already truncated the dialogs to be as succinct as possible while retaining their writing style but people still whined about reading too much in an RPG.

I blame it on people growing up on Baldur's Gate garbage prose.
>>
>>337827586
Well, they just got access to all the assets used for the MMO from Paradox, so yeah, it would be dumb if they weren't working on that as soon as possible.
>>
>>337827714
why? don't you wan't to slaughter the whole nigger land? get some perspective
>>
>>337827964
>implying you'll be slaughtering them and not saving them
come on anon.
>>
>>337827936
we got nice thread about this some time ago
the city from that cancelled mmo looked great, models where also nice
I bet they're porting all that stuff to save time and money while focusing on writing
I love obsidian so damn much
>>
>>337827912
I don't mind reading but it gets annyoing when they tell me how the crazy priest looks or what he does with his staff for the 20x time when I have a conversation with him

the conversations with him about the bomb and his past were good but overloaded with hints to gestures, how bright the saff flame burns and all that kind of shit

it's just me though because they don't do anything for me
>>
>>337828062
no one will stop you from killing them all anon, role playing game remember?
>>
>>337823650
> obsidiashit goes bankrupt
> last try make some $
> make a SJW sequal to a game everybody taught sucked on every level
kek, you can't make this shit up
>>
>>337824040
> I actually think it's the best Isometric RPG from the new ones in the past few years
"Best" is as always subjective, but it certainly was the most rounded one.

>Pillars of Eternity 2 will be set in the vailian republics

Good, they sound promising as fuck, ruthless trading cities, upstart merchants giving no crap about morals as long as the profit is right, backstabbing and politicking.
>>
>>337823650
>Pillars of Eternity 2 has just been confirmed
What a surprize, it's not like we knew it's being worked on it for months.
>>337824040
>I am one of the ten people in this world who enjoys Pillars of Eternity and thinks it's a great game.
It's one of the highest ranked Obs games on metacritic (both critic reviews and player reviews). Codex != everyone.
>>
>>337828528
And yet, your unique mental conditions seem to help you achieve the impossible.
>>
>>337828661
>Codex != everyone.
Even on RPGcodex it is very well recieved, the author is just an opinionated shithead(rtwp is bad, because i say so).
>>
>>337828493

the devs don't remember so the choices to do so will never exist.

the only choices allowed is
>save the niggers openly
>save the niggers sarcastically
>save the niggers with five paragraphs worth of speech
>save the niggers stonily
>>
>>337828634
to be honest, I rather would have that they made a prequel and showed us how the war of the black trees and that other war went down

way more entertaining
>>
>>337826663
>>337827714
Fuck you guys. The Vailian Republics sound like a bad ass place. Yes, they have black people in them, but they're a political place full of backstabbers, not to mention animancy is going out of control there.

Besides, think of it this way: You'll be slaughtering tons of niggers. Hell, all of them if you want to.
>>
>>337828661
>It's one of the highest ranked Obs games
that's not saying much
why cant these cucks go out in style? why do they always need to go out as wimps every time? and why don't they quit games. they clearly have no talent at all.
>>
>>337828946
Pillars of Eternity let you massacre every single person in your path (except for one person that dies anyways) and end the game by becoming the servant to a villain god.

You will be able to kill everyone in the game if that's what you want to do.
>>
>>337828661
>Codex != everyone
It's pretty funny, because as time goes on I'm starting to agree with the Codex more and more. In general, I mean. I enjoyed Pillars quite a lot.
>>
>>337829002
>Yes, they have black people in them
LOL

you almost make it sound like a bad thing
>>
>>337829169
that's just a pleb gimmick, seriously, their games are on of the worst.
>>
>>337829071
>no talent
I enjoyed PoE just by looking at the artwork every time I played it

why do you hate video games and yourself that much?
>>
>>337829002
Vailia is an aesthetic disaster though. It will look like a pile of steaming hot shit if they pick that as their setting.
>>
>>337829483
>you almost make it sound like a bad thing
WEW TYME 4 SHITPoST XD NIGGUR
>>
>>337829483
Don't you know? Having any black person in your game is grounds for having any thread about said game spammed with "WE WUZ KINGS N SHEIT" or "HOL UP"
>>
>>337829179
Well, I agree with them that New Vegas is one of the greatest RPGs of all time.

>>337829608
The artwork is phenomenal. It's just such a nice game to look at.
>>
Let's hope this time they drop the autism MMO style balancing and just make a fun fucking game.
>>
>>337829963
Sawyer's still in charge and also now the Design Director for the entire studio.
>>
>>337830045
If he had been promoted that means he won't have the time to rebalance everything with every patch.
>>
>>337829750
must be an american thing because I don't get it

yes, we gased the jews back then but at least we didn't disriminate solely based on skin color
>>
>>337830172
He's still rebalancing things in PoE. Rogues and barbarians are next.
>>
>>337829608
well you having bad taste doesn't prove anything, so please stop embarrassing yourself.
>>337829759
>New Vegas is one of the greatest RPGs of all time.
but FO3 is a much better game, and even it is not one of the top rpgs, what are you talking about dude?
>>
>generic as fuck fantasy setting is getting a sequel
whoopie
>>
>>337830272
>must be an american thing because I don't get it
It's a /pol/ thing. And the faggots unfortunately love cross-posting in other boards.
>>
File: muh dragons.jpg (84 KB, 508x504) Image search: [Google]
muh dragons.jpg
84 KB, 508x504
>>337830492
>but FO3 is a much better game
"How to discredit yourself in a single sentence" by Anon, The Faggot,
>>
>>337830531
Who cares, we still have Copper Dreams, Underrail 2, and Iron Tower's generation ship game to look forward to.
>>
>>337830492
Ehhh, you blew it dude. Try again next time?

>>337830272
Racism is by no means an "American thing".
>>
>>337830665
>>337830727
NV is a broken mess that comes to a complete halt when you get to the strip. It is a broken game you faggots, unbelieveble, Obsidiots trying to meme.
>>
>>337828661
>It's one of the highest ranked Obs games on metacritic
yet it's the worst Obsidian game I have played, even worse than Alpha Protocol, at least I was able to finish that one.
>>
>>337830531
>generic
PoE was anything but generic though that might be a good titlte for the sequel since I doubt its going to be as exiting as playing the first game with all the lore dumped and being familiar with the artstyle and mechanics etc.
>>
>>337830689
>cyberpunk trash
>post-apocalypse trash
>autist choice trash
>>
>>337824040
>>337823650
Why do they do this? Did they receive money from a big nosed investor?

It makes 0 sense

They keep going against their playerbase

Also are they going to remake everything? because nothing in pillars was good

At least they would need a full combat and stats remake
>>
>>337823650
Oh boy I can't wait for another game where every other couple is either gay, ghosts, lesbians or everything at the same time.

OT: It was kinda fucking stupid that they shoved in PC bullshit here and there, it really ruined the suspence of disbelief.
>>
File: Capture.png (15 KB, 588x106) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
15 KB, 588x106
>>
>>337823650
great, another bugged as hell game made by SJW bitches.
>>
>>337831035
>They keep going against their playerbase
Are you retarded? Pillars sold extremely well.
>>
OH BOY ANOTHER GAME SHIPPED UNPLAYABLE AND WAIT 3 MONTHS FOR GAME BREAKING GLITCHES TO FINALLY BE FIXED!
>>
>>337831035
what the fuck are you talking about you jaded drone
>>
>>337830992
>PoE was anything but generic
hoho, stop it shill, just stop it.
somehow it succeeds to be even more generic than the withcer
>>
>>337831024
Well, sucks to be you, then. Hope you at least enjoy AAA shit, or you should look for a new hobby.
>>
>>337831121
>>337831156
Everything in pillars was tailored for the non RPG crowd
>>
>>337830492
Go to any big completely RPG dedicated forum and they will tear you a new asshole if you spout that shit. All big RPG enthusiasts know this as a fact.
>>
>>337831281
1/10
>>
>>337831313
and they have credibility because why?
also, why can't you defend that crap of a game?
>>
>>337831281
http://www.gdcvault.com/play/1023481/Gods-and-Dumps-Attribute-Tuning
>>
File: 1414033158393.jpg (10 KB, 252x240) Image search: [Google]
1414033158393.jpg
10 KB, 252x240
>fromdrones already in full damage control
>witcher already mentioned

this thread is pure comedy
>>
>>337831051
>PC bullshit
???? but the game is on PC what the fuck?
>>
>>337830551
>cross-posting
Have you considered that some people might normally post on more than one board? Not as a poster of another board, just as someone who is interested in both?
>>
>>337831649
I get what you sayin but just go to the other chan and you will know the true meaning of cross posting quite fast
>>
File: 1463077487781.jpg (2 MB, 2872x3856) Image search: [Google]
1463077487781.jpg
2 MB, 2872x3856
>>337824040
Shitskins and black people ruin everything.

Blacks dont even play CRPGs/Isometric RPGs, not to mention blacks being smart and sophisticated don't make sense let alone in a fantasy game.
>>
>>337831035
>investor
the article states that they wanna do crowdfunding again if I'm not mistaken
>>
>>337831624
politically correct you cretin
>>
>>337823650
>Feargus didn’t say that directly, but he pointed that it might have something to do with a prototype using Unreal Engine

VAMPIRE THE MASQUERADE BLOODLINES 2 CONFIRMED
>>
>>337832061
whasts wrong with gay and lesbian couples?
>>
>>337830992
apart from a couple of "lore" tweaks (big muscley sharkmen instead of orcs, "souls" instead of mana) it's basically generic fantasy shit. Got dwarves, hobbits, druids, bards, dragons, european countryside, etc
>>
>>337832112
>UE
>not Source 2
they blew it
we need good facial aniimations technology
>>
>>337831976
>not to mention blacks being smart and sophisticated don't make sense
>let alone in a fantasy game
>fantasy game
>fantasy
you're so senseless
>>
>>337832201
Genderfluid dragons, anon. This is important.
>>
>>337832197
nothing, just don't go out of your way to not shit on them even though you should because OH NO YOUR OPPRESSING LGBBQWTF.
>>
wait a minute, wasn't Boyarsky employed at Blizzard as far as I know?
>>
>>337831403
1/10 what

its the truth. They tried to make the game casual friendly, made character building matter nothing, made decisions not matter, made combat be a chore as when you hit higher levels you instagib everything and a pain early as you have little tools and everything misses, you don't have a way to raise accuracy, made classes a clusterfuck as the player is supposed to be able to pick whatever they want and not be punished

reduced all the RPG elements to its minimal expression to say they were there

Lets not even talk about the lore or the writing which was supposed to be the strongest part of the game, specially the plot that didn't make sense]

>>337832023
Other companies said the same thing and turns out they did have investors, after playing pillars it wouldn't surprise me desu
>>
>>337831976
ar*b here

my favorite genre is CRPGs, and my favorite pass time is tabletop rpgs, how do you feel now

tabletop is better because they do not require an image of a human to be shown and is therefore more in line with sharia, mashallah
>>
>>337832201
It's Renaissance instead of Middle Ages with souls technology. Sort of like a more subtle Arcanum in that regard.
>>
>>337832331
it's their vision of a game

if you wanna shit on them so much go outside and in a lesbian/gay bar
>>
>>337832417
>made character building matter nothing
so you never played on Path of the Damned

okay
>>
>>337832417
>They tried to make the game casual friendly
lie
>made decisions not matter
absolute lie
>made character building matter nothing
somewhat true
>made combat be a chore as when you hit higher levels you instagib everything and a pain early as you have little tools and everything misses
true
>you don't have a way to raise accuracy
what the fuck are you talking about? perception rise accuracy since patch 3.0 you clueless jaded drone
>made classes a clusterfuck as the player is supposed to be able to pick whatever they want and not be punished
not true
>specially the plot that didn't make sense]
are you special?
>>
>>337828916
RTWP when played at its highest level is basically "pause game every few milliseconds". It's only positive trait is that it lends itself better to a lot of garbage encounters. But then if your game has a fuck ton of forgettable encounters, might as well go full action mode ala Diablo.

I'm not saying PoE should have been TB combat though. The game's scope is clearly not fit for a more cerebral combat. I fucking played Agarest of War and while the combat was great, the fucking amount of encounters it throws at you is ridiculous, and eventually exhausted me.
>>
>>337832608
I don't actually see a problem with it. Also I don't see much wrong with how it is in Pillars really, there's isn't even much lgbt content or romance shit in it. I don't like bitching either way with this garbage. Gamergate is a cancer and so is SJW bullshit just keep both out of games and video games should be okay.
>>
>>337832417
you forgot to say icewind dale/baldurs gate did it better and your bait is golden
>>
>>337832728
I played it on PotD

all classes get the same stats , damage stat and HP stat, the rest of the attributes are raised through items which happen to have multiple of those stats per item

>>337832774
>what the fuck are you talking about? perception rise accuracy since patch 3.0 you clueless jaded drone
how long did it take to release patch 3.0?

also
>no because no
why do you even reply

>>337832954
But its true, specially IWD which was centered around combat. Even BG1 which was pretty bare bones was better designed
>>
File: bioshockfull.jpg (325 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
bioshockfull.jpg
325 KB, 1920x1080
>unreal engine

Nice, maybe it won't look like a steaming pile of shit this time around. That said I still had a lot of fun with the first, and will probably buy the second.
>>
File: KBq4ADX.jpg (75 KB, 960x717) Image search: [Google]
KBq4ADX.jpg
75 KB, 960x717
Post yfw the project with Cain and Boyarsky is Arcanum 2 with Fallout 4/Skyrim gameplay.
>>
>>337832728
Not him, but I did. Character building was still pretty much irrelevant, you just had to put some thought into combat. But it's still basically impossible to fuck up a build no matter what you do.

Hell, I could keep the basic gear for most companions, and didn't even upgrade them until endgame because I thought that was the only thing that fit their personality, and never had any problem. So for example I had Durance running around in his basic shit tier robe and never felt that maybe, just maybe, it would be a wise idea to upgrade.
>>
>>337827964
Damn you sold me.
>>
>>337832331
I don't remember a quest having that. Was this on the expansions?
>>
>>337833120
for some reason I don't believe you

also lots of classes don't need might at all

control mages (the strongest kind of mage), summoner chanters
>>
>>337833120
I finished IWD 1 and I have to disagree strongly

the combat system in PoE (endurance) and how spells work is vastly supiriour

not saying it is perfect but they can build upon what they have
>>
>>337833120
>how long did it take to release patch 3.0?
does it matter? 3.0 was relesed ages ago
>why do you even reply
because you're not worthy anything else, get the fuck out sucking dicks for brofists on codex
>>
>>337833165
>Fallout 4/Skyrim gameplay

I will bomb their offices for Allah.
>>
>>337833228
It's okay to have Durance in base robe because he is not a frontline character and robes don't hinder his ability use
>>
File: 1455312145162.png (15 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1455312145162.png
15 KB, 480x480
>OBSIDIAN
>CONTINUING WITH THEIR STUPID FUCKING GARBAGE ORIGINAL IP

AJAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
>>
>>337833164
poe 2 will still use unity
also unreal engine will not magically make pre-rendered background looks better or character models more detailed you fucking idiot
>>
>>337833531
Sounds good on paper, but there are many enemies who teleport around like it's fucking nothing, or spam charm/dominate on fucking everything.
>>
>>337833416
if you get might, all characters deal damage on top of casting spells, this was the most baffling thing. I could get a druid to have all spells and deal the same damage a ranger does, it was bizarre

>does it matter? 3.0 was relesed ages ago
>3.0 was released years after the game originally launched

>because you're not worthy anything else, get the fuck out sucking dicks for brofists on codex
You meant you have no arguments?

>>337833436
>the combat system in PoE (endurance) and how spells work is vastly supiriour
How? the boss will kill you no matter what you do if the endurance goes down but oyu can only heal the HP

It makes no sense

At all

lets nto even talk about encoutner design, monster variety and level design
>>
>>337833535
How many times have you shitposted, anon? 4chan X lets me detect when new IP posts.
>>
>>337833668
well, the collecting/entchanting armor part in the game was mostly underwhelimg so I wouldn't have cared that much about switching armors either

I'm close to the final boss and never ever once crafted anything
>>
>>337833740
>I could get a druid to have all spells and deal the same damage a ranger does
You build your ranger pretty badly then, or didn't use the abilities. Rangers were pretty shit in 1.0, but they're cool now. They got balanced and don't suck anymore.
>>
>>337824040
>Sawyer had already confirmed it as much himself on Twitter.

didn't he say "fuck you, I'm out" to Obsidian after they butchered his work on Pillars?
>>
>>337833740
>3.0 was released years after the game originally launched
are you really that stupid?
why are you even here? go talk about games you like and stop wasting your time
>>
>>337833165
>no Jason Anderson
they gotta have the Troika, fuck
>>
>>337833915
badly how?

If the druid and the ranger have the same stats which they are going to since the rest are completely irrelevant then they will deal as much damage

The talents which everyone could get without any restrictions were trash with the exception of the ones that gave more damage which you would give to every character
>>
>>337833921
You're thinking of Chris Avellone. Sawyer is the infamous hipster vegan that balanced and made the systems for Pillars of Eternity
>>
>>337833921
that's chris avellone
>>
>>337834162
yeah I fucked up there
>>
>>337833638
It's kinda sad that people don't know the genius behind their implementation of the 2D backgrounds. A lot of the stuff is psuedo-3D and can cast dynamic shadows unlike ye olde days where it's just pure 2D but with boundaries.

Another game dev used to post here with his 3D shadow on 2D sprites. They looked cool and he said he's practically using the same system Obsidian does but with a different algorithm.
>>
>>337834090
Ranger has ~abilities~ to improve their ranged damage, so, it makes sense to use a ranger for ranged damage and don't use the druid for that role, especially seeing as druid can do druid things in combat instead, which are some of the most powerful things in the game.
>>
>>337833910
Yup, basically. I decided to recraft everything for the final dungeon, and couldn't even notice the difference. And I had Durance, Aloth, and Edér all running around in basic gear (dat second chance though, totally makes it worth it), and my character was sporting regular leather armor because that is the best looking shit in the game.

Expansion added some fun stuff that made me play around with gear a bit more. The mirror image robe, the helmet that grants you berserker and a might bonus as long as you keep killing shit, etc.

But in the base game Sanguine plate was the only "holy fuck I need this" kind of armor.
>>
>>337834367
>Ranger has ~abilities~ to improve their ranged damage
Like what? didn't its damage come from its pet which always died in a few hits?

It makes sense to have all characters but the "tank" to use guns , they dealt more damage than 2hs

There are so many enemies in the game that if you killed everyhting with spell you would need to rest constantly and to rest you need wood of which you can only carry 2 before having to go back
>>
File: 1335126846267.png (207 KB, 425x322) Image search: [Google]
1335126846267.png
207 KB, 425x322
>>337834858
>Like what? didn't its damage come from its pet which always died in a few hits?
did you played the game?
>>
>>337834858
depends on the pet but the ranger itself is alright in terms of damage I guess
>>
>>337831035
Pillars was great, they're pleasing fans like me that enjoyed it :^)
>>
>>337834858
Like Marked Prey, which gives 20% more damage to you and your companion. Or Swift Aim, which improves your rate of fire and reload speed at a cost of a small accuracy penalty. Or Vicious Aim, that does the opposite thing - lowers your RoF, increases accuracy and damage. Or the ability that lets Ranger's arrow pass through the first target and hit the one behind it (doesn't have to be directly behind, there's a small angle available). Or that one that makes your Ranger fire TWO shots with each attack at a cost of a small accuracy penalty (hi Arcanum).

Druid can do none of that. Druid can do cool Druid things, though. Hence, it makes sense to let Ranger shoot and let Druid be one with nature.
>>
>>337835226
>ranger itself is alright in terms of damage I guess
ranger is the best ranger dps in the game so yeah, i gues it's alright
>>
>>337831051
Jesus Fucking Christ, other than the Backer NPC's, who even was gay or lesbian or transgendered in fucking Pillars? I don't remember a single character.
>>
Didn't Obsidian confirm they would be making a PoE2 like a year or two ago, thanks to extremely frugal budgeting with PoE (FIRST DRAFT WRITING? GOOD ENOUGH, PRINT IT!) and their partnering up with Paradox.

I have to admit, PoE was quite a disappointment to me. Obsidian's dream game turned out to be a tedious, lukewarm tapioca.
>>
Hope they'll improve the encounter design, PoE was trash mobs: the game
Wouldn't pirate it before a few years after expansions are out and the game is fully patched though
>>
>>337831281
You're retarded. You can argue Pillars of Eternity is bad, but its mechanics weren't casual in any way, shape, or form.
>>
>>337835670
I wouldn't count on that. The expansions showed signs of improvement in many areas, but encounter design was not one of them. If anything it was even worse than in the base game.
>>
>>337835605
They never pitched it as a dream game.
>>
>>337835670

they should go full Shadowrun with it. Turn-based, not RTwP. You can't load down every single class down with bullshit to constantly pause and queue up. Inbred Engine was lucky to only have to manage the casters in the back while the archers/melee guys were fine with AI Script. (I guess if you were playing an assman you COULD pause every second to quaff Invis potions an lay shit flat with a barrage of 7x Backstab damage multiplier attacks)
>>
File: god damn it.jpg (97 KB, 435x435) Image search: [Google]
god damn it.jpg
97 KB, 435x435
>>337831976
>Blacks can't be smart
>Not even in your fantasy games, shitlords
>>
>>337835837
Really? I heard people saying they were better in WM 1/2
>>
>>337824040
Fuck this shit.

I was hoping we would get to visit Aumaua islands instead. All the books about them were cash.

>most technologicaly advanced location in the games world
>pirates
>sea monsters
Why
>>
>>337835074
>>337835226
It did die ina few hits, that was a major complain in the forum

>>337835389
so 0% since hte pet got 2 shot. neither of those abilities increased its damage substantially, if its 20% and the average damage was 30 something then its 6dps which is negligible

It could never compete with casters who wielded guns

You couldn't use melee with melee classes as if you made theam deal damage they would get 2shot but if they were tanky they would do no damage

>>337835830
how weren't they casual?

>>337832417
>>
>>337832112
Yeah, that's definitely what they're working on.
Surprised that Obsidian is working on three different projects at the same time. Plus didn't they also work on that shit about tanks?
>>
>>337836341
They had better enemy AI, and some more or less hard counters got implemented. But the real problem of PoE's encounter design was never that they couldn't come up with anything interesting. The problem is that they come up with one, and then make you fight the same formation again and again until you lose all will to continue playing. And WM 1/2 had this in spades.
>>
>>337836467
Sawyer's twitter location said "Revua, sailing SxSE", the sailing part means that maybe you get a ship, at least that is what I am hoping for.

>>337836487
What's the point of caster wielding a gun, apart from the alpha strike? You aren't going to reload that shit in combat.
>>
>>337836736
I can't think of any Obsidian games with varied and interesting encounters really.
>>
File: 1457981451242.gif (2 MB, 540x304) Image search: [Google]
1457981451242.gif
2 MB, 540x304
>>337823650
>Tim Cain and Leo Boyarsky
>working on a new project.

Please, let it be a new Fallout game.
>>
>>337832417
Wow. I can't tell if this is a 10/10 level bait or if you are legitimately this retarded.
Of all the fucking complaints to make...
Have you even fucking played this game? I don't think you touched it for a second, m8.
>>
>>337827327
>boring custom weapons you can find
I still can't get over the fact that they decided to add those cool Soulbound weapons, but added so few of them only a handful of characters can use it.

Fuck you I want my soulbound arquebus.

>boring/gay endboss at the end of the endless paths
Boss was ok.

The problem with Endless Paths is that they are fucking boring themselves. There is only one elementary school tier puzzle in the entire dungeon, all the other levels are just full of annoying weak enemies and nothing of interest.

Even those 2 sword pieces you find are hardly interesting given that if you reforge them that sword turns out to be pretty medicore.

It's the Sewers from VTMB/Black Mountain Mines from Arcanum all over again.
>>
>>337832587

Why do I have the feeling there'll be quests focused around the more gruesome sides of animancy and you'll be confronted with decisions on whether you want to save test subjects or let the "good doctor" keep doing his job as it's beneficial to the Republics?

Would be neat, if there's plenty "Lets stumble into gruesome conspiracies" situations.
>>
>>337836846
To try to save spells so that you don't have to rest, thing you can only do wtice before having to go back?

They deal as mcuh damage as spells except for a few
>>
>>337836947
Level 3 was the hardest for me, those fucking ogre druid man
>>
>>337837021
>quests focused around the more gruesome sides of animancy
There was an Asylim in original which was pretty disgusting. Also Raedric's private animancer.

>>337837064
Wizard has a wand blast which is really fast and can actually do decent damage.
>>
>>337836885
Well, it was varied enough for me. I just don't see why they have to make every map chock full of copy pasted enemy encounters. Cut down the number. Cut it down drastically. If this is the only way you can make a 100+ hour game, then just make a 20 hour long one instead and be done with it.
>>
File: 1460266412486.png (74 KB, 412x351) Image search: [Google]
1460266412486.png
74 KB, 412x351
>>337828528
>tfw New Vegas 2 is the only thing that will make them money at this point but Bethesdevil will just take all of it.
>>
File: Vailianhumans.jpg (43 KB, 573x328) Image search: [Google]
Vailianhumans.jpg
43 KB, 573x328
>>337824040
we was Renaissance Italy and shit
>>
File: happy pepe.jpg (28 KB, 400x388) Image search: [Google]
happy pepe.jpg
28 KB, 400x388
>>337833535
>MFW Obsidian is continuing their cool new IP and also working on a new IP while pleasing the license-fags with a World of Darkness game.
Good.
>>
>>337837151
>New Vegas 2 is the only thing that will make them money at this point
They made so much money with Pillars Feargus not only made Josh Design Director, but also allowed him to work on his dream RPG after he's done with PoE 2.
>>
>>337837132

Yeah, the asylum was pretty twisted. Same thing with Raedric's animancer.

Lets not forget the part where the asylum worked with a known necromancer in the past.

I was thinking something on a more grand scale, since the Dyrwood was cautious concerning animancy. The Republics are bound to have one or two animantic rape dungeons.
>>
File: 1461392810309.png (110 KB, 622x626) Image search: [Google]
1461392810309.png
110 KB, 622x626
>>337830492
>>
>>337830727
The way it is said here is very American. Every country has its way to be racist n shit.
>>
File: NOPE.gif (1 MB, 240x180) Image search: [Google]
NOPE.gif
1 MB, 240x180
>>337837116
Technically level 3 was the hardest for me as well, but
>enter new level
>hear wailing
>>
>>337833915
>Rangers were pretty shit in 1.0, but they're cool now. They got balanced and don't suck anymore
How exactly were they balanced in 3.0?

Last I checked they were literally rogues with less damage but *sligthly* more accuracy if attacking the same target as their pet.

The problem is the pet dies in a matter of seconds when shit gets serious, and the debuff you get after the pet dies makes your character literally useless.
>>
>>337824040
It's not a bad game its just extremely boring.
>>
>>337837515
>Last I checked they were literally rogues
Rogues can shoot their bows twice per an attack? Wow!
>>
>>337837515
rangers got several abilities to keep their pet alive. Also, pets do huge damage now

check out the new abilities added in WM1 + WM2 if you like
>>
File: 1440416685697.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1440416685697.gif
2 MB, 320x240
Still kind of annoyed by that one quest.

>can support genocide
>quest involving a guy sexing his niece or something to try and preserve his blood line
>apparently this is worse than genocide and there is no way to support him withoit treating him like shit or fucking him over
>>
>>337837143
That's what's Tyranny's going to be. But they all can't be that because a lot of people expect RPGs to be dozens of hours long.
>>
>>337837185
I'm excited for it desu senpai
>>
Just FUCK the /pol/acks in this thread
Get the fuck back to your containment board you faggots
>>
File: 1434809351162.png (62 KB, 298x370) Image search: [Google]
1434809351162.png
62 KB, 298x370
>It's another fucking fantasy setting crpg
I will never have a good scifi crpg dammit.
>>
>>337837867
They kinda can with high enough sneak attack multipler.
>>
>>337838420
How do you expect vidya to take writing/story more seriously if you can't even tolerate politics in an online discussion?
>>
File: J04aSJO.jpg (378 KB, 1024x830) Image search: [Google]
J04aSJO.jpg
378 KB, 1024x830
>>337823650
>yfw Fallout: New Region
>>
>>337838559
That requires first getting it. With a ranger you just always shoot two arrows, and then you can do hobble shots etc.
>>
>>337838420
Back to tumblr, nigger.
>>
>>337838554
Did you like Age of Decadence?
>>
File: 1353366634127.jpg (5 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1353366634127.jpg
5 KB, 200x200
>>337830492
>you having bad taste
>FO3 is a much better game
>>
File: 1454521285999.jpg (24 KB, 401x372) Image search: [Google]
1454521285999.jpg
24 KB, 401x372
So Pillars of Boredom 2 eh? Now I know what not to buy...
>>
>>337838854
>not Pillars of Banality
at least try to be funny if you are memeing
>>
>>337838654
>With a ranger you just always shoot two arrows

http://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Twinned_Arrows
>Ranger ability starting level 13
Not to mention it's only for bows. Correct me if it was changed but last time I played bows were pretty bad since they were shit against anything with high DT.

Blunderbuss with that armor penetration talent was the king, followed by Arbalest/Arquebus for enemies with really high DT.
>>
>>337838585
Of course every single video game discussion is going to be endless shitposts about niggers
>>337838675
Stop trying so hard to fit in you newfaggot, fuck off back to /b/ or /pol/
>>
File: 1462121183381.jpg (88 KB, 700x533) Image search: [Google]
1462121183381.jpg
88 KB, 700x533
>>337823650
Can't wait for more tranny pandering and other tumblr shit-

>>337824040
>Pillars of Eternity 2 will be set in the nigger isles
And there we go.
>>
File: images.jpg (10 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
10 KB, 225x225
>>337823650
>pillars of eternity
wasn't this that one game pcucks were trying to meme the month bloodborne came out?
>>
File: 1446901596566.png (76 KB, 662x413) Image search: [Google]
1446901596566.png
76 KB, 662x413
>>337838945

I am not.
>>
>>337838063
You don't have an option to side with the uncle and just give him the niece as if nothing happened? I could swear you had that option.
>>
>>337839294
I have more hours in Pillars of Eternity than Bloodborne. Both games are great, though, not sure why you're bringing Bloodborne into this.
>>
>>337838680
Yeah but why are you asking that?
>>
>Dropped Pillars of literal shit 8 hours in due to immense boredom with the game as a whole (but the piss poor "new" stats was the worst part)
>Played Icewind Dale 2
>It's so much fucking better, holy shit

Neo-Obsidian are hacks that are out of touch.
>>
File: 1463347296824.jpg (76 KB, 519x600) Image search: [Google]
1463347296824.jpg
76 KB, 519x600
>>337829002
>they have black people in them
>full of backstabbers
>>
>>337839424
just got reminded of fun times is all m80
>>
>>337839575
Because the studio's next game will be science fiction. Although the only thing we know about it right now is that it will take place on a generation ship.
>>
>>337839595
>Icewind Dale 2
Patrician.
>>
>>337839681
Holy shit I didn't know about that.
>>
I hope poe 2 isn't over balanced like the first one.

I want op spells and abilities. I also want way more unique loot. They should also fix the ranger since it's consistently the worst class in the game.
>>
>>337840126
>Tim Cain and Leo Boyarsky to be working on a new project
Please be Fallout or VTM
>>
>>337839595
Yeah, IWD1&2 are way batter, but maybe it's also due to Forgotten Realms setting? Pillars setting is kinda boring and I really fucking hated bydlo country game takes place in. Fucking hated both people and those savages.
>>
>>337840126
>I want op spells and abilities
Sawyer will never give you this. Or rather, he'll try very hard not to give you this.

>I also want way more unique loot.
Agreed

>They should also fix the ranger since it's consistently the worst class in the game.
That's not how you spell "Paladin"
>>
>>337840398
Fuck Sawyer. Fucking no fun allowed cuck.
>>
>>337840126
Ranger is pretty amazing now.

>>337840398
>Paladin
Some guy on reddit got The Ultimate achievement (ironman PoE with both expansions on hardest difficulty alone with all the hardest bosses and bounties killed) with a Paladin. I'd say they are pretty good!
>>
>>337838639
>>337836921
>Unreal Engine
it's not fallout you retards
>>
Anyone else got tired of constant shades of gray? Gray is cool and all but when 90% of your choices is either cunt#1 or cunt#2 it's getting tiresome and makes you not giving a shit about the choices.
>>
>>337839315
You can her to him but she's still possessed as far as I'm aware and everyone shits on you for doing it.
>>
>>337827327
I finished PoE and started recently BG2 to compare.
the first thing I noticed is about magic there is a lot of magic you can use outside combat while it's non-existent in PoE. It would be nice some non-combat magic in PoE2
>>
>>337842172
What? Don't you remove the possession when you kill them all?
>>
>>337842861
But that would be fun and Sawyer wouldn't like that.
>>
>>337839227

Nobody cares about your insecurities, /pol/tard.
>>
>>337842861
pre-combat buffs were intentionally left out because players would prebuff with several spells before every single fight and ended up being a tedious (but needed) chore instead of an interesting tactic
>>
>>337843609
That's cool, but Obsidian probably cares about sales. And a game with a primarily black population is always a risky move.
>>
>>337839874
Patrician means nothing anymore.
Thread replies: 208
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.