[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/v/. I need you to shut the fuck up and listen for a moment.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: nintendo nx.jpg (53 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
nintendo nx.jpg
53 KB, 960x540
/v/. I need you to shut the fuck up and listen for a moment.
All I want you faggots to do is to read this, and then tell me why this wouldn't 100% work out for Nintendo in every single possible way.

>NX is a regular, gimmick free console to replace the Wii U which as we all know bombed hard.
>Combination of these games as a launch lineup and things to be released throughout the year :- Mario, Zelda, Metroid (2d), MONSTER HUNTER, Animal Crossing, Pokemon

You gonna sit there and tell me you wouldn't buy an NX if it came with a lineup like that? A fucking MH and Pokemon game on a home console would be great.

I always hear faggots who don't like nintendo in the first place saying stupid shit like "hurr more rehashes", but these utter fucking fools do not even realize that that's what we want from Nintendo, the same IP's redone in different ways.
Sure, throw the odd new IP in or two, but for the most part, we just want our beloved old IP's redone.
>>
>>337795641
noice. a video game controller that can play vcrs.
>>
>>337795641
Okay
>>
>>337795641
because Nintendo literally can't do anything right anymore. they've become generally incompetent at everything relevant. also remember 'NX' was another Iwata 'blue ocean' shitshow, that they're following through on out of retarded jap honor nonsense. it's going to be wii3, and it will once and for all finally kill their ridiculous notions about selling out to casuals as a viable strategy (and confirm the original Wiis success was a random fad fluke, in part inspired by their outright false advertising about the dexterity of the motion controls).
>>
>Make Virtual Console to work like Netflix
>Make it have good graphics
and most importantly:
>Make it a generic x86 machine
Normies eat that shit up and it's easier for the devs. No gimmicks or shit.
>>
Because dudebros dont want it and kids only play minecraft and call of duty.
>>
>>337795641
>I need you to shut the fuck up and listen for a moment.
hey look, a gafer powertrippin on /v/, how new.
>>
if it plays wii u games im sold
>>
File: noproof2DMetroid.png (650 KB, 1283x1524) Image search: [Google]
noproof2DMetroid.png
650 KB, 1283x1524
go home filthy ass shill

not falling for the memes again
>>
>>337795641
Not really. Monster Hunter and Pokemon are games that thrive on portability. They're addictive enough and involved enough that you want to be able to play them at any given opportunity, to get as far as you can before burn out sets in from playing them for weeks or months on end.

A gimmickless console would unfortunately put it on the same playing field as Sony and Microsoft's consoles, which is a BAD IDEA. Having gimmick-based hardware sets Nintendo apart from the rest, with games having new features not seen before. Do you seriously, seriously want just another barebones console that only has its first party exclusives to set it apart? Seriously? Because that's literally the problem with consoles, the fact that they're just PCs with different operating systems and games you can't actually play on PC. Nintendo at least has a reason to do its own thing, as flimsy as it may be.

Frankly the dual screen formula has won me over and I will have a hard time playing on anything that doesn't have a screen in the controller, now.
>>
Sure OP. I'd also buy it if it were bundled with unlimited blowjobs too.

The hypothetical doesn't matter because there's always gonna be a gimmick. Nintendo strives to try and do something different from everyone else in an attempt to be innovative. Some are good, most are bad. Animal crossing is more successful on portables and they have no intentions of bringing back metroid in any shape outside of spin offs. I wouldn't be surprised if the next game we got was a sequel to metroid pinball. Mario games are stuck in a bad place right now. Whereas the multiplayer mario games were fun, they weren't the single player 3d ones we've become accustomed to. They're gonna continue depending on nostalgia until they can figure out a proper direction for their IPs.
>>
>>337796278
>Selling out to casuals
Isn't that exactly what Sony and Microsoft has been doing for a decade now?
>>
you mean the same 3-4 games they have been holding hostage behind their gimmick bullshit? like forcing people to buy a wiiu for zelda and then delaying the thing to another "gen"?.
>>
>>337796278
>. also remember 'NX' was another Iwata 'blue ocean' shitshow,
but IWata said he dropped the blue ocean method since ago
>>
NX is actually just an attachment for smartphones, sorry to burst your bubble.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.