[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If Sony never bribed capcom?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: hqdefault.jpg (35 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
35 KB, 480x360
If Sony never bribed them , would SFV still be a an unfinished free to play?
>>
>>337768146
if sony didn't bribe them, Street Fighter V wouldn't exist.
>>
>>337768347
That's not true. Get the fuck out of here. It's capcoms biggest IP.

Well used to be before it flopped.
>>
File: Tsujimoto.jpg (35 KB, 360x200) Image search: [Google]
Tsujimoto.jpg
35 KB, 360x200
>>337768408
http://www.vg247.com/2013/08/05/ultra-street-fighter-4-characters-arent-just-ripped-from-sf-x-tekken-says-producer/

>“Game development is a long and arduous process,” he continued. “If you look at the history of the series, it took six years to go from Street Fighter II to Street Fighter III, and nine years to go from Street Fighter III to Street Fighter IV. Purely based on that it would probably take us until the year 2018 before Street Fighter V comes out [laughs]. So I hope everyone will play Ultra Street Fighter IV for a long time.

Ono also pitched crossplay between Microsoft, Sony and PC but Microsoft denied which leads to the current scenario

Also Capcom was dying in 2013 and while Street Fighter IV had numerous sales over its 6 year period I doubt it was enough for the jew Capcom execs to immediately green lit and rush out a sequel due to the costs of making a fighting game in the first place. The only series they ever immediately greenlit sequels is Monster Hunter due to how cheap it is to make and how it sells like gangbusters in japan.

For better or for worse, sony money lead to the unfinished state of SFV. I don't think the devs will be too unhappy though, as its definitely going to be making money over a long period of time and all other fighters excluding MK and titles based off famous non fighting game ips are definitely not going to touch it in sales.
>>
>>337769740
Lmao believing those lies.
>>
>>337769740
Killer instinct made 6 times more revenue within a month of its release. Explain that sonygger
>>
File: 1463115117923.jpg (37 KB, 460x460) Image search: [Google]
1463115117923.jpg
37 KB, 460x460
>still bitching about the objectively superior DLC distribution model
LMAOing at your life
>>
SFV would have existed but it would have released in 2017-2018

Sony rushed the fuck out of that game and Capcom rushed just to make it to EVO.

That's literally it.
>But muh Capcom Cup
They would have still used Ultra if Capcom had the choice since the meta was still strong and was updating it with a lot of crazy stuff but nope gotta pull out SFV for that e-sports money and Sony circlejerk
>>
>>337768146
it's their virtual currency
>>
>>337768146
>>337769740
Is there a reason why nobody here is suspecting that maybe pushing for esports, Capcom Cup, and Evo were the reasons why it was rushed out the door?
>>
If Capcom waited 6 months they could've released the game with 22 characters, a story mode, tutorials, and everything the casual audience was bitching about, and the game would've easily hit 2 million or more and be a major success in Capcom's eyes.

Now we'll probably never see if the Capcom Fighting Network was to be "expanded" to other fighters, because Capcom will probably fucking give up on fighters other than SFV.

Alternatively they could've just launched a clearly unfinished game at $40 and banked on increased sales and DLC revenue from a larger audience, and people would've been able to give the crappy launch and the "more features eventually" idea a pass due to a cheaper price.
>>
>>337769740
>quote
I love how people keep citing this like it's supposed to prove something. The guy who said that was obviously being facetious. Do you seriously believe Capcom adheres to a rule that says they have to keep extending the gaps between each numbered SF title?

Literally no one knows when they started making SFV, when they originally planned to release it, or what effect Sony had on it if any.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.