[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was his problem?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: image.png (1 MB, 1100x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 1100x1080
What was his problem?
>>
>>337732080
HE
>>
File: CZF51MVUkAAOF9l.jpg (90 KB, 1024x780) Image search: [Google]
CZF51MVUkAAOF9l.jpg
90 KB, 1024x780
he was a pawn of zero, like how venom was a pawn of big boss. the entire fight between venom and skull face meant absolutely nothing in the long run. even though he helped zero with the destruction of mother base* and was always at his beck and call, he knew he would ultimately end up a phantom with zero getting all of the recognition when it was skull face the whole time. this bothered skull face, so he decided to deviate from zero's plan to leave his "mark" on the world, lest he become a phantom. in the end, nobody remembered skull face OR venom and both of their memes became a small facet in the larger battle between zero and big boss.

*yes, that was zero. he ended up getting exactly what he wanted (a personal army free of nations) by destroying MSF and giving kaz/venom a reason to build up an even stronger army but making them desperate enough to fulfill contracts that were from cipher all along.

it's not that hard.
>>
>>337732080
he was character in a Kojima-only written game.
>>
He had a lust for revenge.
>>
>>337733139
fukushima was not the end all be all of metal gear stories, most of it was kojima the entire time. please stay tuned for this upcoming E3 for more kojima stories. i am sure they will excite you!!
>>337732898
yes, this is the truth. what awaits is "beyond the truth". please, stay tuned!
>>
>>337732898
Was more depressing is that Skullface actually believe he was facing off against the real Big Boss.
>>
Such a lust for memes!
>>
>>337732080
I feel like Kojima was indecisive on how to handle him

He sometimes went full MGS crazy villain, then he went cold calculating mastermind

The only conclusion is that he wanted both, on a much larger scale

I get that he wanted to do an absolutely ENORMOUS game divided in multiple chapters, but shit, he should've had a backup plan in case Konami decided to pull the plug on development
>>
>>337732898
the attack on MSF was all skullface's doing IIRC.
>>
>>337732080
He was born in a small village...
>>
File: 1444078153812.png (817 KB, 676x763) Image search: [Google]
1444078153812.png
817 KB, 676x763
MAJORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
>>
>>337735676
I'M BUUUUUUURNING UUUUUUUP
>>
>>337733139
except it wasn't only a kojima written game you autistic fuck
>>
>>337732898
God I hate everything in Metal Gear after 3 and before MG1. It's all wasted ideas and half baked plots.
>>
>>337732080
Kojima wrote him and clearly had no fucking idea how to make an original antagonist and fit him into MGS canon. So any semblance of mystery or interest that we might've had in him eventually drowned in a big mess of parasites, "controlling" nukes, deus ex machinas and him getting crushed by his own Metal Gear. Yep, the first antagonist in the series that essentially killed and foiled all of his plans by himself.

That's it in a nutshell.

>>337735906
Peace Walker wasn't that bad.
>>
>>337735445
you're assuming zero would ever tell kaz the real truth

truth tapes / episode 46 are a sham, a product of venom's hallucinations. nothing adds up. everything's a lie.
>>
File: T-thanks, Boss.jpg (65 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
T-thanks, Boss.jpg
65 KB, 1280x720
>metal gear is dead and Kojima purposely killed it before he left
>>
File: 1437245251998.jpg (135 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1437245251998.jpg
135 KB, 1280x720
>>337732898
This.
Listening the tapes and see the plot itself fall apart was the worse part in game. It made me feel one of my biggest buyer remorse.
Worse, people will keep to praise Hackjima after that.
>>
>>337736804
You have no idea how fucking hard I laughed when I saw that on stream. Same with Raiden in 2 throwing the dogtags with "Big Medic" written on them. It sums up the way Kojima made me feel with MGSV, certainly.
>>
>>337736804
Kek, can i save?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.