[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I just bought Firewatch because it was on sale for 30% off
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Firewatch.jpg (130 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Firewatch.jpg
130 KB, 1920x1080
So I just bought Firewatch because it was on sale for 30% off on steam.
Let me just say that it's a good visual novel/ adventure mystery game. The character dialogue is absolutely amazing as well as their development. The art style is great as well very stylized and it works with the great scenic views.
However, the game still felt like it was missing A LOT. The game does not last long at all and the ending leaves way too much to be desired. Also I noticed that the story as a whole is kind of bad in the respect that whatever choices you make in the game have little to no effect on the outcome which is rather annoying because of how well the dialogue between characters was.
Now I can understand why a some of the bad stuff here happened, it's a brand new company making their first game and there were a lot of constraints on stuff like having actual characters talking to you in the game because the budget was rather low and that kind of animating can take a toll. I do not think it was worth 20$ that's why i got it for 30% off and i'm glad i did wait.
I'd still give the game 7/10 would bang.
I'm interested in seeing their next game since this one sold so well, maybe they can use this money to fund a better game. Thoughts from any of you other fags on the game if you played it?
>>
I saw it on sale and still have no intention to buy it yet.
>>
>>337646030
>he bought into the indie meme

It's legit the worst game this year
>>
>>337646030
I personally loved it.

The length was perfect for me (i hate games being long for the sake of being long). I live a busy life and don't have time to grind.

The ending really hit home for me, as it related to some past experiences i'd had. This is exactly what the developer was aiming for. I can see how it would seem flat if you couldn't really relate - which seems very likely for the majority of people on 4chan.

I give a solid 8/10.

Also, the majority of /v/ shit on games like this... so enjoy the upcoming cancer.
>>337646238
>>
>>337646543
fuck off /pol/
>>
>>337647195
What?

'fuck off reddit' would have been far more appropriate.

My post has absolutely no relation to /pol/ you dense faggot.
>>
>>337647321
fuck off retard
>>
>>337646030
a fucking walking simulator that's 4 hours long sold more than street fighter 5 top zozzle
>>
That feel when I pirated it, that feel when I played it for 5 minutes, that fucking feel when I probably wont play it again.
>>
>>337646543
don't worry the neo/v/ are always that cancerous
>>
>>337646030
this is exactly how I felt about it. It was a good start, but was lacking on content.
>>
It suffers from the same probkem most games that utilize a similar storytelling system do.
The first playthrough is interesting because of the illusion of choice, then you replay it and realize almost nothing changes.

Also, it's getting a bit obnoxious that no indie developers EVER opt to include an ending that isn't depressing for the sake of being depressing.
The first couple days were so slick, it was fun theorizing what could be going on. The payoff is so flaccid. Finding clues is ultimately meaningless as well.

Could have been something cool, but it kind of dropped the ball
>>
File: 1459776102774.gif (348 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
1459776102774.gif
348 KB, 300x225
The moral of the story is a bit pretentious and selfish.

If I was with someone I loved and I began to suffer from dementia/Alzheimer's I would want them to leave and be happy.
The way the writers seemingly elbow you in the side and go 'ahhh dude, that's fucked up man. You can't just leave your wife behind. Be responsible, god what a fucking asshole' rubbed me the wrong way.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.