[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This isn't a shill thread, I do not work for blizzard. No
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 14
File: LegionLogo_lessglow.png (229 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
LegionLogo_lessglow.png
229 KB, 500x280
Alright, no bias, is anyone excited for this at all? I've preordered simply because my favorite aspect of Warcraft was The Burning Legion and I hope to see Kil'jaeden or more in this xpac.

Lets have this thread focus on legion please and not past expansions / vanilla dramas.

Are you going to play legion yourself? Why/Why not?
>>
>>337640797

I'll just end up skipping all the content, lvling up to max lvl, run a few bgs to gear up, and then gank in low lvl areas like always.
>>
I'm excited for everything except what they are doing to my spec

I play brewmaster and things are looking pretty grim. so i'm not sure how I feel about the expansion as a whole. I want to get hype but there's a strong chance i'm gonna have to bench my main.
>>
File: Warrior.png (846 KB, 1095x991) Image search: [Google]
Warrior.png
846 KB, 1095x991
>>337640797
I will play for sure, I am going to be levelling through with a few of my best friends in real life. Once we hit 110 Im gunna slowly gear with my guildies with whom I am also very close with. I probably won't give too much attention to the lore on the first run through other than Warrior specific stuff and all of Stormheim.

I will level up either my Shaman or my Hunter afterwords and give the zone stories more attention when there is less people doing the questing.

I am looking forwards to the world event/ questing/ raid bosses because the issue me and my guildies faced was lack of other things to do outside of pvp and raiding. This will address these issues for most of us as the rewards seem good enough.

Until then, just getting the last few pieces for my Warrior Transmog (Ulduar Heroic Shoulders and Gloves) that will match with the Arms Warrior Red variant.
>>
File: 1448149087212.jpg (94 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1448149087212.jpg
94 KB, 960x720
I play ffxiv now. I'm done with blizzard and I don't want to see my favourite aspect be tarnished.

I suggest you guys all do the same and get in on the sexy cat girls and aesthetics.

It isn't my intention to shitpost, ffxiv hasn't disappointed me and the expac has been absolutely the best. I won't shill anymore but the potential is what I'm counting on.
>>
>>337642953
> "I suggest you guys all do the same.."
The thing is that some people enjoy wow still, Yes it was alot better and we are well past its prime, I accept it will never be what it once was, but I still enjoy it for what it is these days (Yes 14 months of hfc is shit and boring, this is a stale period) These stale periods let me get away from the game for the most part and do other things with my life and is a good way to have a break.
Those are just my personal thoughts though.
>>
>>337641783
>JUST WALK TO THE ORBS
>JUST MOVE AROUND
>JUST STAY AROUND 30% HEALTH

Fucking celestameme
>>
>>337640797
I'm looking forward to the transmog revamp mostly. My class is getting butchered so I'm not excited.
>>
>>337641041
>low lvl areas

if you're talking about Legion zones those don't exist, they're all Skyrim scaled except for Suramar
>>
>>337643571
What's your class?
>>
File: 1411142877398.gif (44 KB, 700x368) Image search: [Google]
1411142877398.gif
44 KB, 700x368
Almost every class I like is being butchered in Legion or has been butchered on WoD.
I still miss MoP Ele.

And what the hell is with hybrids losing practically all self healing except the shitty hardcasting heals while mages get ice barrier buffed to retarded levels?
>>
>>337643834
Mistweaver. Too much pruning, too many huge changes just for the sake of change, and is only fun in PvP right now because of the extra PvP talents. Take that PvP stuff away when going into PvE and it feels dull and generic as heck.
>>
>>337644142
I see all the monks saying this. Are you going to reroll?
>>
File: 2015-10-10 00.10.56.png (93 KB, 331x232) Image search: [Google]
2015-10-10 00.10.56.png
93 KB, 331x232
>>337644279
>reroll
>>
>>337642953
This.

Blizzard is die. Like EA. just let them thrash around and wait until bobby kottick loses money and jumps onto some other company to take down to the depths.

Then either theyl'l close down, or un-merge with activision, and we can go back to having quality games.
>>
>>337640797
>Are you going to play legion yourself?
Sure, I'll try it at the end of the expansion when Blizzard gives me a free week
> Why/Why not?
I've been burned on my past 3 purchases of Blizzard games. Not going to fall for it again.
>>
https://youtu.be/EzT8UzO1zGQ

This is current day blizzard.

I've long since dropped the game and moved onto plenty of others, and so far it's been shit.
>>337642953 has the right idea. Final fantasy is the comeback kid of MMOs
>>
>>337643541
the orb thing was resolved since they brought back Expel Harm (now it collects the orbs within 30 yards of you and expels 10% of the total healing to the nearest target)
but the whole "hover around half life" thing is fucking retarded
>>
File: adr - Zandalar Performer.jpg (83 KB, 600x782) Image search: [Google]
adr - Zandalar Performer.jpg
83 KB, 600x782
I was hyped but when i saw Vol'jin dies i lost all interest at once. There won't be any good characters left for Horde now nor a single troll character with personality
>>
>>337644470
Celestameme was kicked from a guild for not being able to kite the adds in heroic garrosh btw I guess he was hover around half life most of the time.
>>
>everyone hates the deaths
>i just wanna know how the goblins are doing
>>
>>337644502
>Vol'jin
>Personality.
Guy was warchief and did fucking nothing.
>>
>>337644502
Are you implying that he had a personality? lol
>>
File: legion.jpg (168 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
legion.jpg
168 KB, 1280x720
>>337640797
I'm giving Legion 1-2 months not to suck ass. My biggest fear is that they'll make raiding a horrible, boring chore for tanks again.
Mythic progression in HFC was awful. There were maybe 1-2 fights where tanks had to actually pay attention, the rest was mindlessly doing your play while your healers and dps fumbled their way into learning mechanics.

Spellblade Aluriel on the beta is a perfect example of this shitty design. The raid has to deal with multiple mechanics across three different phases that constantly change back and forth. Meanwhile tanks have to 'taun on X' and that's it, no change for different phases, no new mechanics.

Not to mention that my guild has a pretty clear skill-gradient across its roster. There are several players who'll significantly slow down our progress, who always take 3-4 times as long to learn mechanics, who always die to random shit they've seen 200+ times already and who never use their bloody defensive cooldowns.

And we can't replace them because all the servers, except 2 or 3, are dead. We are one of three guilds on our server cluster even doing mythic content.
>>
>>337644717
Another reason to drop Legion, thanks Blizzard to completely skipping that bit out

>>337644809
Guy got a whole book for himself, works for me
>>
>>337644470
>the orb thing was resolved since they brought back Expel Harm
that doesn't exactly fix the problem it's just a bandaid. the problem with expel harm is that it sucks in and destroys ALL of your healing globes. so if you only need one globe and three are on the floor it will destroy all three. that also doesn't change the fact that the rotation is now slow and uninvolved. there's also the many issue with the 50% purify. it's a constant problem while questing, you can't purify the stagger dot anymore so it will interrupt you when trying fish or interact with a quest object or anything else. if an enemy mob attacks you while questing you have to stand there for 10 seconds after battle every time and wait for the dot to expire before you can do anything.
Brewmaster is a complete fucking disaster right now.
>>
I would if I had a good rig but honestly I probably can't run wow anymore. Also I couldn't have fun anymore, I've always had enhancement shaman and it's just boring now. Any other class I think might be fun ends up being boring too.
>>
File: 4c5.gif (1 MB, 500x451) Image search: [Google]
4c5.gif
1 MB, 500x451
>>337642953
>get bored of WoW
>play FFXIV
>have fun intiially but then hit endgame and find it's even worse
>realize I actually hate almost every aspect of MMOs, from the people playing them to the act of playing the game itself, but am a hopeless addict that needs his fix every other month or so

Why can't I tame a goddamn elephant blizzard

Who the hell was asking for yaks and robots, fuck you
>>
>>337645701
My old toaster couldn't play Minecraft but it could still handle wow on medium. So why are you worried about the one thing to not worry about?
>>
>>337646226
Vanilla end game a shit. That's why I said to get the expansion. It's the wrath of the lich king of ffxiv
>>
File: MuradinBronzebeard.jpg (8 KB, 215x215) Image search: [Google]
MuradinBronzebeard.jpg
8 KB, 215x215
I have a bad feeling about this lad, but I promised I'd see this through..
>>
>>337646292
My shit overheats and will freeze up or blue screen on the longer games of league of legends
>>
Tell me honestly, do Blizz really not have the code for old versions of WoW? Odd for a software company to not have backups.

>I'm sure they do, but I don't think the idea of data security is that you restore to a 10 year old version.

- Ghostcrawler

This quote gives insight into the frame of mind the devs are in.
>>
File: disgust.png (410 KB, 598x460) Image search: [Google]
disgust.png
410 KB, 598x460
>>337640797

>15 button demon hunters
>passive talents that remove active abilities

no thanks pham, I'll stick to playing games that don't assume you're braindead
>>
File: ffxiv_03232016_163106.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ffxiv_03232016_163106.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>337646419
But HW is just more of the same

The story is fine but there's so little relevant content once you hit 210 that once I settled on a glamour that I liked and got my sanuwa I had almost no incentive to keep playing until the next story patch because I didn't care for running obsolete content for the chance to get a gaudy sparklepony or sucking enough dicks to get into a static that wasn't terrible

And the game itself is just so slow, I know people hate hearing the 2.5 GCD meme but it goes beyond that. The whole game is so sluggish and tedious in all kinds of little ways and it's probably consoles to blame for it
>>
>>337640797
SOUNDS LIKE EXACTLY WHAT A SHILL WOULD SAY!
>>
>>337646770
They've probably fixed 100k bugs since Vanilla server software was deployed. The amount of work to merge all the fixes in the Legion server software with the Vanilla software is fucking horrifying. I'm not surprised they really don't want to do it
>>
>>337640797
I'm sick of WoW endgame t b h, World Events sound interesting and so does the lore but it's still not enough.
>>
I just redeemed that 7 day warlords thing...if I liked questing before cataclysm (I had loremaster) will I like questing through WoD? Should I even bother?
>>
>>337651932
wod questing is the best part of the xpac honestly, everything else is kinda shitty.
>>
File: 529[1].png (760 KB, 906x682) Image search: [Google]
529[1].png
760 KB, 906x682
I'll buy a month, realize Demon Hunter is a shit gimmick class that's no fun like Dipshit Knight and continue to forsake WoW until they make a new class (Monk didn't count, nobody was excited to be a McDojo hero.)
>>
File: 1457802837283.gif (2 MB, 420x315) Image search: [Google]
1457802837283.gif
2 MB, 420x315
>>337644468

You couldn't get me to care about Final Fantasy lore if it came with a free blowjob.
>>
>>337652402
Based samurai.

SEVEN MEN
>>
>>337653031

its "seven lives" you communist pig
>>
I would like to play just for the cool new spells, but eh, not really worth the money anymore.
I mean I'm finally at a stage in my life where $60 is not really a big deal, but that's like 7 fast food orders I could have instead.
>>
Why should this be any different from every expansion since Cataclysm? (we're taking about 6 years, or half of WoW's life-- 50% of its lifespan, this emphasis made for perspective)

People will be hyped as fuck for the first two months, realize there is no content, and quit in droves. Drones will remain subscribed, Blizzard releases the final patch that'll last over a year and then announce the next expansion, allowing the cycle to repeat once more.
>>
I honestly don't think Blizzard thought they'd have to put this much effort into WoD and Legion.

The company was banking on Project Titan being the new big money maker, and the WoW fans would be happy to have any content at all/be less demanding.

But with Project Titan shitting the bucket (and wasting 7 years of resources and time), WoW is under HEAVY scrutiny from it's player base.
>>
>>337653103
Eh, I knew I would get it wrong. Still, the story is great
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.