[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
never played Final Fantasy 7, if I wanted to could i grind in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6
File: ff7.jpg (8 KB, 204x204) Image search: [Google]
ff7.jpg
8 KB, 204x204
never played Final Fantasy 7, if I wanted to could i grind in the starting area to get to max level and then enjoy the rest of the game stress-free?
>>
>>337503676
Not really, why the fuck would you even do that? The PC version has boosters (aka built in free cheats) that you could just use you know.
>>
the entire game is stress-free even if you hardly fight anything -- it's an extremely easy game

there's just like 2 optional fights that need a bit of preparation, but as mentioned, it's optional
>>
>>337503676
As a direct answer to your question, very early in th egame you have to escape a train (2nd bombing run) and then in you end up in a long tunnel. You are supposed to walk away from the screen towards the background but if you turn around instead and keep walking TOWARDS the screen you can find a dead end that spawns infinite Shinra soldiers to fight. This is infinite grind spot 1

If you miss it, or get bored or run out of healing supplies, then later in the game you will visit a coastal town (you perform a mini-game to save a little girl here so you will know it when you get there), after the storyline shenanigans are over, you can return to this port town and trigger an alarm at will that will cause mid game enemies to attack until you either leave the zone or turn the alarm off. It enables random encounters so you have to run up and down but well worth it for the loot and XP if grinding is your game.

As others have said, the game is SUPER easy and comfy as fuck anyway due to the broken ass materia system but its nice it allows you easy grinding spots if you want them.
>>
>>337503924
This. Ruby and emerald need grinding but the rest of the game is piss easy.
>>
since OP is retarded Im going to ask here, does FF7 ever get better after reaching the beach city? I have been struggling to keep interest after midgar
>>
>>337503676
I guess but there's no real need to because the game is pretty easy anyway
>>
>>337505758

Yeah, it just kind of goes dull for a while there.
>>
File: ff7_dlc.jpg (63 KB, 640x802) Image search: [Google]
ff7_dlc.jpg
63 KB, 640x802
Demon Wall caught me off guard in my first playthrough I found my party too low level and kept getting owned.

Also the materia keeper was a cheeky cunt I remember.

You can grind at these spots which is good for a few levels but there are diminishing returns because each level requires more XP to get to the next you will find yourself putting in an increasing amount of time. You could theoretically get to level 99 before leaving the first train station using the method described above but the sheer amount of time it would take and relatively low XP reward makes it unviable.

>>337505758
If your interest is already waning I cant see it getting better for you, I felt compelled to continue from one section to the next as I enjoyed the story. Some people just dont like these games cant really force it.
>>
>>337505758
Yeah, you're in the Boring Part of the Game

Disc 1 really drags for a bit. Interesting stuff happens occasionally but is broken up by a whole lot of walking around asking people where Sephiroth is. It starts to pick up again once you reach Nibelheim and then after you hit Disc 2 the game maintains a pretty good pace until the end.
>>
File: 1455652509407.jpg (1 MB, 2672x1968) Image search: [Google]
1455652509407.jpg
1 MB, 2672x1968
>>337503676
that's unnecessary.
The greatest trick for getting maximum enjoyment is swaping the FF7 disc with one that says "Tactics" and then resetting the system.
It makes the experience so much better it's insane.
>>
>>337506078
I always lose interest during disc 2 once start revisiting areas (huge materias notably), game is virtually over unless you start collecting stuff and grinding

disc1 was just content new stuff, always liked it better
>>
>>337507061
You revisit areas for the Huge Materia quest kind of, but you don't really do any walking around in the areas you revisit. Like in Junon you're immediately send to the Underwater Reactor, which you've never been to. Corel you ride the train, etc. Only Fort Condor is an actual rehash and that's only if you actually bothered ever doing the Fort Condor stuff before.

It shook things up for me that they kept changing the main character around after you spent half the game playing as Cloud, too, and since they'd gone through with murdering Aeris I was actually willing to believe that they might just kill off Cloud and Tifa, too. It kept things interesting for me.
>>
>>337506928
Is Tactics better than tactics advanced? I've only played advanced and I enjoyed it
>>
>>337507680

Yes
>>
>>337505758
Game will get better when you reach the area where Tifa dies and keeps a high point from there on
>>
>>337507680
the story yes, but not the gameplay. A2 has a better gameplay.
>>
>>337507840
Interesting. I never really gave a shit about story in games
>>
>>337505053
That second spot is especially good for mastering materia. I used it to level up most of my stuff really quick. The magnet guys in groups of three give over 200 AP normally.
>>
File: overrated.png (601 KB, 871x668) Image search: [Google]
overrated.png
601 KB, 871x668
The game aged terribly.
>>
>>337507959
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgHbQho_gWk
>>
File: You.png (461 KB, 870x722) Image search: [Google]
You.png
461 KB, 870x722
>>337508236
Fine, i'll give it to (You) already
>>
>>337508485
This seems kind of generic other than the demon controlling that religious figure
>>
>>337508787
That's just the early game. FFT is a story about a hero forgotten by history.
>>
File: Derailed_Thread.png (330 KB, 596x311) Image search: [Google]
Derailed_Thread.png
330 KB, 596x311
>>337506928(Me)
>>337507680
>>337507743
>>337507840
>>337507959
>>337508485
>>337508787
>>337509153
my mission here is done
>>
>>337507760
>dude I spoilt a part of the game I am do epic XD
>>
>>337503676
>if I wanted to could i grind in the starting area to get to max level and then enjoy the rest of the game stress-free?
sure you could. see ya in 30 years OP.
>>
Im interested for sum JRPG on PS4 but FFVII and Wild Arms 3 costs the same, which one is better?

I loved Wild Arms 1
>>
>>337510876
Wild arms 3 as FFX is much the much better Final Fantasy game
>>
>>337510876
if you've never played VII then do that. although you could emulate or pirate it for free instead, and then get the other game.
>>
>>337503676
>Grinding level in an rpg
Easily the worst aspect of rpgs. I always used cheats to max out my characters and just have fun killing shit and following the story.
>>
This reminded me of when I grinded to Level 100 in the first garden in FF8. Game was too damn easy.

Also got the strongest gunblade outside of Squall's ultimate before leaving the first island. Did it by converting cards into items.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.