[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>can't be bothered to improve their net code >can't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: From-Software.jpg (68 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
From-Software.jpg
68 KB, 600x338
>can't be bothered to improve their net code
>can't be bothered to get all covenants working properly
>can't be bothered to improve shitty weapons like spears
>can definitely take the time to nurf weapons instead of bringing everything else up to par
Is there any company out there that can do a better job at make a really fun game, yet be extremely shitty at doing so? Is From the top of the heap at making super shitty fun games?
>>
can't be bothered to move on like an adult
>>
Because they make fun and janky games in minimal time. Have you seen how big the armored core series is?
>>
>>337444870
The problem is From Software are the only people making these kinds of games so people just kind of have to accept this shit. Lords Of The Fallen has some cool shit to it that From Software could learn, like shields on the player's back mattering, but without a strong playerbase nobody gives a fuck about LotF.

It is seriously bizarre to me that since 2009 there have been no real imitators of Souls other than LotF and shitty little 2D games like Titan Souls.
>>
>>337445215
Exactly what purpose is there to the Darkmoons?
They do the exact same shit as the Blue Sentinels, share queues with Blue Sentinels, and become completely useless by the time you can actually get to the covenant because fucking nobody wears Way of the Blue after Pontiff.

Add the Blue Eye Orb back in.
Add sins back in.
Give them a fucking purpose.
I can't stand farming Silver Knights 12 hours a day for the past week just so I can get ears.
>>
>>337445215
>>net code
>Disable cross-matching. Their netcode is good.
>>Can't get covenants to work.
>What covenant isn't working? All are working fine for me.
(You)r picture
>>
>>337445226
Going further, Ni-Oh looks great but the comparisons to Souls are misplaced. Ni-Oh is more Ninja Gaiden and Onimusha. No matter how good it is it won't really compare to the grandiose nature of Souls games.
>>
>>337445215

You must be kidding.

Demon's Soul, Dark Souls and Dark Souls 2 had emberassing shitty netcodes.

How often was i forced to play with or against Japanese people with 500+ ping?
>>
>>337445382
I really don't know what they were thinking, but that was their idea I suppose. Invading as Darkmoon/Blue Sentinel still makes you invade as red so that sucks. Agreeing on that one.

Also farming ears by PvP is royal ass
Once a bleufag enters a world I'm invading my attention shifts from the host to him.
NO EARS FOR BLUES.

>>337445396
What's wrong with disabling cross-matching? If you faggots keep crying about lag then turn that off.
>>
>>337444870
>Is there any company out there that can do a better job at make a really fun game, yet be extremely shitty at doing so?

dayz devs
chucklefish devs working on starbound
>>
>>337445510
Yeah. I agree with the previous three games having a shit-tier netcode. In dks3 I somehow manage to parry people in real time without having to parry two seconds before I actually see the enemies attack. It feels much better than on the previous games.

But yeah, dks2 phantom hits, dks1 teleporting backstabs etc.
>>
>>337445151
I've only played a couple of Armored Core games. Are they particularly known for being fucked up in some way?

I do. Doesn't improve anything for me. 2 out of 10 fights will be fine. 7 out of 10 will have slight lag attacking. That final 1 out of 10 will have a guy attacking me from 30 yards away.

>What covenant isn't working? All are working fine for me
Darkmoon and Watchdogs are known to work for very few people.

>Either nerfing or buffing will make some people pissy.
Buffing is better than nerfing. The idea of prolonging matches because you can't kill anyone is worse than speeding up matches from killing people quicker. It also makes people who spend the whole time dodging more bearable to be around.

>Other than that stop crying on /v/ and git gud.
I usually try to wait till I have a 1v3 against me before I start fighting. Getting gud isn't my issue. Dying every now and then from attacks that aren't even close to connecting is just annoying though.

>>337445226
Honestly, I can't think of a game where imitations have been that great. Monster Hunter is an example where people like to suggest "better" games, yet none of them bring to the table what MH has to offer. Its fine if you like those games, but they aren't even close to being a replacement.
>>
>>337444870
You forgot the part where they ban innocent players for zero reason.
>>
I wish they will fix my game crashing every time i load a savegame at the road of sacrifices bonfire :'(
>>
>>337444870
They got as popular as a triple A company at a fraction of the size or experience(at least in terms of audience size) in an extremely short time and have been playing catch-up since.. Its not forgivable but its certainly understandable.
>>
>>337445812
>Honestly, I can't think of a game where imitations have been that great. Monster Hunter is an example where people like to suggest "better" games, yet none of them bring to the table what MH has to offer. Its fine if you like those games, but they aren't even close to being a replacement.

I never liked the MH comparisons myself. It focuses solely on combat, where Souls has combat and grandiosity.

As for imitations that were great, see most of the Doom clones.
>>
They're most likely working on some major patch that'll hit in a month or so.

Same happened with Dark Souls 1.
>>
>>337445151
You mean that series that REQUIRED a guide for the longest time? Those parts hidden on the floor of fucking missions were impossible to find.
>>
>>337445812
>I do [...]
Awkward, I'm having 80 % of the time a good connection. Yurop 100 mbit/s serves me well.
>Darkmoon/Watchdog
Works for me just fine, I invade constantly as Watchdog.
>Buffing [..]
Can't argue with that, fights are prolonged anyways by people chugging/summoning like maniacs.
>I usually [...]
For me my invasions are simply "go in, kill, go out". I don't bother waiting for further phantoms. I kill whatever prevents me from getting to the host.
>>
>>337446263
I probably started off with around 50 invasions before I ran across lag for the first time. Then after that it has just been getting worse and worse for me. 90 mbit/s in Colorado. Never had an issue with any other game besides ones made by From.

>I invade constantly
It seems that those covenants are just the luck of the draw. My friend would get a watchdog invasion anywhere from immediately to no more than 10 minutes. My range was more around an hour to 6 hours. He wasn't as lucky with blues as with watchdogs. He still got a few though. I on the other hand have gotten 1 chance at being a blue in 40 hours. To confirm that it isn't just my connection, I have gotten 100+ aldrich invasions within just a few hours, where I can't even walk 10 paces without invading.
>>
>>337444870
>can't be bothered to improve shitty weapons like spears
Wtf is wrong with spears? Spears are utility.

You sound like MMO cheasy bitch
>>>muh balance
Fast efficient weapons have always been good and they always will be.
How many GS fuckers did I r1 to death in DS1 with a DMB buffed BSS.... probably all of em that was fucking effeciant.

>>>covenants...
Those 3 silver knights deserve to be killed over and over for days.
>>
>>337445215
>What covenant isn't working? All are working fine for me.
I've used Blue Sentinels since I got it up until I completed the game, tried changing to Darkmoon when I got it, never been summoned.
Tried Watchdogs briefly and same deal.
>>
>>337445215
>tfw you love Souls but you will never be THIS much of an apologist

Feels rather alright
>>
>>337447334
>Wtf is wrong with spears? Spears are utility.
What is that even supposed to mean? Spears are slow, too linear, and have weak damage. Nothing about them is good for PvP.

>Fast efficient weapons have always been good and they always will be.
I don't die to fast weapons. They are pretty shitty to be honest.

>Those 3 silver knights deserve to be killed over and over for days.
Just how much fucking item discovery do you need for these guys? 311 gets me about 1 concord every hour.
>>
>>337445215
Do you take some kind of twisted pride in being part of the reason why people see the Souls fanbase as so shitty?
>>
>>337445812
Every installment of Armored Core has random new mechanics and changes with no real rhyme or reason. Some of them get carried on for a few titles, like overboosting or heat management, while others only exist in single titles like limit release in 2 or AI training for Silent Line. There's even genre shifts with 4 being more focused on fast-paced action and V on multiplayer clan stuff in contrast to the older series. FROM really cares nothing for balance or polish and just makes weird little niche games and if they're successful, great, if not, well they have another ten games coming out within five years. Souls is their first series to be wildly successful (Armored Core and King's Field were profitable but not amazingly so) and supposedly they're ending it so they can focus on new stuff. Still, things may be different now that they are no longer independent, Miyazaki is president, and they have major publishers instead of ASCII or Agetec.

>>337446179
That kind of falls under janky design. Visual quality and speed were usually the prices they paid for minimal load screens. It's always kind of funny that the best equipment in the game is usually just lying on the ground tucked in a corner somewhere.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.