[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else incapable of getting into these games? Especially
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 6986287-the-witcher-3-logo.jpg (108 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
6986287-the-witcher-3-logo.jpg
108 KB, 1920x1200
Anyone else incapable of getting into these games? Especially with the combat, which is very mediocre.
>>
I love them but I wont lie. So many people said 1 was great I bought it, played and couldn't make it too far into the first village the combat sucked so much.

>Put it out of my mind.
>A whole year goes by
>Still see Witcher praise everyday on different forums

This time I force myself to get through it's combat system and ended up loving it. Combat sucked at first, got the rhythm down, ended up liking the combat. Not loving it, just liking it.

This is what I honestly tell my friends. It normally takes about 20 minutes to get into a new games controls. Double that for the Witcher games. But once you have it down, it becomes an enjoyable game.
>>
>>337403269
the game is shit
>>
File: tw1 super wide.jpg (484 KB, 3440x1440) Image search: [Google]
tw1 super wide.jpg
484 KB, 3440x1440
Well, you're just part of the modern cancer, that only stares at fucking combat, in an RPG game. And while doing so, you're comparing it to DaS or something, expecting 1:1 real-time, direct-control type scheme.

TW1 was the only good game in the series so far. I played it a good 4 times in a row within couple months, and that got me super hyped for the sequels. Sequels that were just consolized, butchered shit.

>>337403813
This anon is no exception.
Seriously, I fail to see how the atmosphere, world and lore CAN NOT captivate people like you. Also is it really that hard to grasp the idea of gameplay, story and your gear + skills to actually advance and improve towards the end these days?

Jesus, just typing this here is making me want to go replay TW1:EE. It is kind of slow-burn, very high reward sort of title. A true comfy: the game, where you also get to sex up pack of vampires.
>>
>>337404373
>atmosphere, world and lore

ayy

enjoy your shitty game of thrones meets twilight grimdark fantasy trash
>>
The combat is mediocre, but the exploration and storytelling is fun. Great atmosphere.
>>
What games do you consider to have good combat, Op?
>>
>>337403269
Ye, can't bring myself to play it past first location. It's just so fucking boring for me, idk. Slavic fantasy setting with muh naked girls and macho grey sexy demon slayer. Nah. I'd better play through Gothic 2 one more time.
>>
>>337404557
>enjoy your shitty game of thrones meets twilight grimdark fantasy trash

Here is your (you)
>>
>>337404793
If we are talking Action RPG, then Dark Souls
>>
>>337404373
Stop trying, you're not getting anything more than >kek shit game

Just let it go, that's the only way to fight autism.
>>
>>337405530
Hardly any role playing in the games.
>>
I played the first one. Put 50 hours into it but it bored me so much I ended dropping it without finishing the story. Not even remotely interested on 2 or 3.
I don't think it's a bad game, but the thing is basically "Talk to NPC1, then go and talk to NPC2, then talk to NPC3 and depending on your choices talk to either NPC2 or NPC4". I prefer my games to be games.
The best part was exploring that swamp. I even found by accident a cannibal dude.
>>
>>337403269

Managed to really enjoy the first one, despite initially hating it because of the gameplay
Really fucking hated the second one. I soldiered through the entire thing, as I figured like the first I just had to withstand long enough til it before it became enjoyable
Didn't give the third one a shot, fool me once and all that

The games are basically unnecessary, as the only qualities they posses are story and setting, which you could probably just get from the books without slogging through shit gameplay
>>
>>337403269
You mean you can't get into the neckbeard equivalent of Twilight?

Witcher is trash. Childish power fantasy wish fulfillment. Want to be the biggest """badass""" and fuck all the bitches?

The one redeeming quality is that the landscapes look amazing. I won't deny that. The environments look great.

But the characters are terrible, the combat is even worse, and the writing should make you cringe.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.