[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Favorite/Most Nostalgic World of Warcraft Zones?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: grizzly-hills-3.jpg (338 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
grizzly-hills-3.jpg
338 KB, 1920x1080
Vanilla: Loch Modan/Stranglethorn
TBC: Nagrand/Hellfire
Wotlk: Howling Fjord/Grizzly
Cataclysm: Uldum
MoP+WoD: Who gives a fuck?

Sometimes I remember the feeling of scale I first had when leveling my Warrior in Vanilla, and then I remember that the game I loved is dead.

It's fun to reminisce, soo /v/ which are your favorite zones?
>>
Vanilla: Ashenvale/Azshara
TBC: Netherstorm/Bloodmyst
Wotlk: Crystalsong/Storm peaks

Haven't played beyond that.
>>
>>337364298
Vanilla: Dun Morogh / Tanaris
TBC: Nagrand
WotLK: Grizzly Hills
Cataclysm: Nothing noteworthy here, but I liked that night elf music in Hyjaal I guess.
MoP: Didn't really play it.
WoD: Wouldn't really call it nostalgic so soon but... Gorgrond the first time I guess. Fighting dem higher leveled elites was neat.

I'm in a WoW mood right now and I'm considering resubbing/RaF. Due to severe sperg I've finally made a new Battle.Net account (in preparation for Overwatch, and SIMPLY because the battletag name was shit and I've already spent the rename years ago). (Yeah, I'm "losing" 10 years of stuff done in WoW as well as money and time spent on Hearthstone, HotS and SC2, but OW and maybe Legion will be my only future Blizzard games)

If I do RaF soon, I dunno yet what server/class/race to go with. EU, I enjoy RP realms but I pray to god that there's a chance for WPvP in Legion so RPPVP might be best off provided people actually play there.
>>
darkshore, and all the ali starting zones
>>
STV Arathi and Western Plaguelands.

I didnt like TBC and quit during that.

Was Western Plaguelands the one with that tower that had 2 scarlet mobs spawn in it? One of them dropped a recipe that was worth like 400g back in the day and the second I hit 60, summer after my freshman year of HS I think, I farmed there for 2 days and got the drop for my lvl60 mount. I was so pumped
>>
The barrens was always the comfiest place for me. The music and the vast open plains always felt like you could go anywhere you wanted from there.
>>
>>337366590
>play mage for the first time
>get the spell that lets you slow fall and take no damage
>spend several hours just running up mountains in the barrens and jumping off, drifting to the ground
>>
>>337365530
that's EPL that you're thinking of
>>
>>337366797
ok then I like EPL not WPL. haha
>>
thousand needles was amazing. too bad they ruined it in cataclysm
>>
>>337366765
back when WoW was just about exploring and having fun and meeting people.

will those days ever come back bros? ;_;
>>
Kill the meme that MoP was a bad expac, it wasn't lol

And it's zones weren't that bad either, Krasang Wilds was top tier
>>
>>337364298
>Favorites

Vanilla: Duskwood
WotLK: Grizzly Hills
Cataclysm: Deepholm
MoP:
WoD:

Most Nostalgic:
Vanilla: EPL
TBC: Zangarmarsh
WotLK: Dragonblight
Cata:
MoP:
WoD:
>>
>>337364298
Vanilla: Mulgore/Duskwood
Wotlk: Howling Fjord/Storm Peaks
Cataclysm: ...
MoP: Jade Forest
WoD: Frostfire Ridge
>>
Westfall/Ashenvale
Nagrand
Grizzly hills
>>
>>337365256
you can literally change your name for free you retard
>>
>>337368468
Only once, you mongoloid
>>
>>337367223
Probably not. I've been meaning to start a fresh character after I finish playing through warcraft 1, 2 and 3, but the #1 thing I worry about is everything being piss easy even without heirlooms and having to pay the one guy to freeze xp so I'm not constantly out leveling zones and dungeons.

Honestly, I'd love the whole pristine thing if it was actually pushed as "if you want a meaningful leveling experience, go here." Hell, it would go a long way just having a designated leveling server for people who wanted to play with others while leveling and leaving heirloom shenanigans to people who want to rush to the cap.
>>
File: 1401796814246.jpg (526 KB, 1003x1455) Image search: [Google]
1401796814246.jpg
526 KB, 1003x1455
>>337364298

Vanilla: Hinterlands, Winterspring

always liked the sort of unfinished zones

TBC: Nagrand, Terokkar, Zangarmarsh

first thing I did when I got my flying mount was fly through those
>>
>>337367361
MoP was pretty good in as much that it was largely self contained (ie not fucking up the old world ala cataclysm) and was really thematic. Didn't involve WoD levels of seclusion either.
>>
>>337364298
Eastern Kingdoms in general, up until you leave Redridge mountains. Also Ironforge and Stormwind best capitals.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.