[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Real talk; are any of you going to re-subscribe to WoW if they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40
File: 1769.jpg (65 KB, 353x500) Image search: [Google]
1769.jpg
65 KB, 353x500
Real talk; are any of you going to re-subscribe to WoW if they bring back Vanilla servers?

At first I laughed but thinking about it, I honestly would go back. It was an objectively good game with tons of replayability.
>>
no it should be free.
>>
>>337303165
Maybe, but they're not going to bring any vanilla servers.
They only ever mentioned (just mentioned) "pristine" realms which are just modern realms stripped of the finders and flying mounts I think.
>>
>>337303615
well nobody is going to play that shit. honestly the only way people will come back is with Vanilla servers or if they just straight up started all over again.

I mean normally I would never go back to a franchise that fucked up this bad, but old WoW was so much fun I wouldn't care. It really was in a class of its own and still to this day no MMO can top Vanilla/BC WoW. I actually prefer Vanilla to even BC because in some ways Vanilla was much harder than BC; but regardless I do miss those times. The new WoW is so bad it almost feels like a bad dream I can't wake up from.
>>
I bought WoD and resubbed a month ago and I'm already kind of burnt out on the game.

I've been playing on and off since vanilla and the game has progressively become more and more of a shadow of it's former self, although there are still aspects there that I love so it keeps me coming back occasionally.

>>337303615
It's getting to the point where they're either going to have to reboot the series or appease people who want Vanilla servers.

there's really no reason not to do it other than Blizz just wanting to be cunts.
>>
>>337303165
Yes.

Legacy realms are the only thing that could me get back into wow
>>
>>337304205
not who you're repying to but yeah, they will need to reboot the series, which would probably be an MMO first. I mean if they did, honestly people would come flooding back and they'd make a shit load of money.

it's weird because I typically would think "no fuck them, they fucked up I'm not supporting them anymore." but those times were so much fun, I just don't care. I'm sure others feel the same. I've never had better experiences playing vidya since then. if they did a reboot, I wouldn't mind literally just starting the fuck over before even BC...but I know that's not going to happen.
>>
>>337303165
i will play on tbc server with old group of friends when it comes out.
>>
>>337303165
i would play a 3.3 server in a heartbeat.
>>
File: 1424531568230.png (1 MB, 3085x3300) Image search: [Google]
1424531568230.png
1 MB, 3085x3300
>>337303615
>Maybe, but they're not going to bring any vanilla servers.

Mark my words:
There will come a day where they are so desperate they will bring them back. It's just a matter off time.

Also, Activision couldn't give 2 shits about the "you think you do but you don't" meme. Their language is $$$
>>
>>337303165
going back to live in the past is a sign of mental illness. So no. Blizzard has to deal with this issue though since most of their playerbase is at the very least somewhere on a certain spectrum.
>>
>>337303165
Depends on the effort put into them. Blizzard is notorious for not properly allocating resources to shit like this. "Pristine" servers should have been a dead ringer that the effort put forth is not going to match Nostalrius any time soon.
>>
>>337304873
WHEN DID GOKU TURN BROWN
>>
>>337303165
I would pay for it every billing cycle and play it for months. I'd even buy accounts for my friends if they'd play with me, I've already offered them and told them they won't see me for like 6 months if legacy servers happen.
>>
>>337303165
nah the 15 bucks a month shit was gay
>>
>>337305126
yeah but the question becomes, how are they going to update it? you have to admit part of the appeal from early WoW was how it was always changing and you always had something to look forward to. if they don't update it then there's nothing to look forward to except 'perfecting' your character, which will turn off a lot of people the moment they realize this.

the series needs a reboot but even that is extremely controversial and i doubt blizzard would risk that or how they would even PR that without admitting "we fucked up WoW, we're going back."
>>
>>337305429
The Nostaltrius team is going to meet with blizzard soon, I'm secretly hoping blizzard hires them. I'm hoping they could update and put out more of the raids, it just won't be the same as waiting for something new. I'd still play it though, I didn't play vanilla so I'd love to experience it
>>
File: VkW4huR.png (5 KB, 42x53) Image search: [Google]
VkW4huR.png
5 KB, 42x53
>>337305429
>yeah but the question becomes, how are they going to update it?
progression servers
>>
>>337303236
And this right here says everything you could ever want to be told about /v/, Nost and basically this entire """""generation""""" of gamers.

>I WANT IT NOW. I WANT IT AMAZING. I WANT IT NEW AND CONSTANTLY UPDATED WITH NEW STUFF AT A PACE I DEEM ACCEPTABLE
>I WANT IT TO BE EXACTLY THE WAY I PICTURE IT IN MY MIND
>AND I WANT IT FOR FUCKING FREE.
>>
>>337306538
quite a stretch for a random shitpost on an anonymous anime imageboard
>>
>>337306303
Progression servers... to where?
Where do you progress?
Makeing new content for an outdateg game is beyond retarded.
>>
>>337303165
how vanilla? game was garbage until bwl
>>
File: 1439423561423.jpg (8 KB, 217x250) Image search: [Google]
1439423561423.jpg
8 KB, 217x250
reminder that all the blizz employees that made vanilla wow have long since left the company and the new guys are salty as fuck that their casual friendly wow has a much smaller playerbase than back when casuals never got to even see raids
>>
>>337303165
Vanilla WoW was garbage and the only reason people praise it are for the "good times". It was overly complex and grindy. While WoD is overly casualized, I feel like Cata was at a better spot for the game. No need to train weapon skills, smooth questing, still have to get libriams on Paladins, etc. Vanilla was too much RPG, but no one noticed or cared at the time because that was what WoW was. If Cata was released first, and they reverted to Vanilla style WoW, people would quit the game in mass for it being "too hardcore". It was not a great time for the game, but it was a great time for making friends that you'd never be able to replicate on a legacy server.
>>
>>337307517
You release patches for the game as they did when the game was new.

Start with MC, a few months from that release BWL, then ZG, then AQ, then Naxx, then transition to BC etc.
>>
>>337306094
a balanced and bug free vanilla would be amazing
>>
File: 1459379297627.jpg (6 KB, 180x191) Image search: [Google]
1459379297627.jpg
6 KB, 180x191
>>337307739
>I feel like Cata was at a better spot for the game
>Vanilla was too much RPG
jesus fucking christ shut up retard
>>
File: legion pp.png (2 MB, 1284x721) Image search: [Google]
legion pp.png
2 MB, 1284x721
>>337307802
Blizzard can't even balance retail WoW where most specs only have 15-18 buttons total (less in Legion), what makes you think they could possibly balance Vanilla, where classes have access to their entire toolkits?

Pic related, that's literally every ability Prot Paladins have including spells on his bars.
>>
>>337307739
>still have to get libriams on Paladins

people like these things, warlocks fucking loved heir 50 class quests
>>
>>337307739
>It was overly complex
are you literally retarded?
>>
>>337308079
by balanced i mean every class/spec is at least playable
>>
>>337308213
The only spec that wasn't playable in Vanilla was Protection Paladin, and even that had its niche in dungeons/AoE grinding.
>>
>>337308213
And my point stands, Blizzard can't do this in retail, how could you expect them to do it for Vanilla? If Legacy servers happen and Blizzard tried to "balance" it, they'd inevitably just fuck it up worse.
Besides, the only spec that was legitimately unplayable in Vanilla was SV Hunter. Every other spec had a place in PvP or some other role that wasn't pure DPS/Tank/Heal.

And Survival Hunters are STILL unplayable in retail anyway.
>>
File: GarithosGreatAgain.jpg (198 KB, 845x796) Image search: [Google]
GarithosGreatAgain.jpg
198 KB, 845x796
>>337307972
Sad because all your guildies grew up and got jobs when Cata came out? It was inevitable that the subscriptions would be going down since it's an MMO, Worgen and Goblins were great, new low level questing was faster and nicer, Heroics were hard (in the beginning), Firelands was amazing etc. The Cata hating meme is getting old buddy
>>
>>337308135
There is objectively no way to justify weapon skill ratings.
>>
>>337308135
What psychopath would really want to grind soul shards outside of Molten Core for half an hour? Or having to decurse over and over again as a raid mechanic? Vanilla was made for mental retards that put up with pointless repetition.
>>
>>337308481
>flying mounts
>old azeroth raped and desecrated
>leveling becomes an easy, boring joke
>lfd/lfr
>class homogenization
>diminished talent trees
>10man heroics were literally impossible due to mechanics being identical to 25man version
>tol barad
>year of dragon soul

I get it's when you started bud, but come the fuck on now
>>
>>337308481
>cata hating meme
it's not a meme, it literally sucks.
>Worgen furries are great
>Goblins aka Gnomes for Horde are great
tell that to the continually shrinking subscription base. it's a sinking ship.
>>
File: 1461543991976.jpg (206 KB, 850x734) Image search: [Google]
1461543991976.jpg
206 KB, 850x734
>>337308756
>Vanilla was made for mental retards
Nope. The mentally handicapped like you hated Vanilla. Retards loved WotLK and on.
>>
>>337308756
>bawww why do I have to try, why can't the game just gibs me dat now
listening to shitty players like you is what fucked WoW up
>>
Depends on if it would include some of the QoL stuff like having more than one graveyard for all of the barrens.
>>
>>337307779
So start the whole cycle again?
We gonna meet here in 2022 with people bitching for Vanilla again.
>>
>>337309045
What Nost was going to do when it transitioned to BC was open entirely new servers and maintain separate servers for Vanilla and BC. Players were going to be able to transfer their characters on the Vanilla realm to the BC one free of charge. Ideally that's what Blizzard would do so that every iteration of the game that people would want to play would be represented with its own server eventually.
>>
>>337303165
Just like with private servers, I'd play for a month, get decked out in raid gear, and lose interest. With all the people who'd be playing an official Vanilla server, it'd likely be even faster to grow tired of it. It's not like 2005 where I had no idea what I was doing and was overly fascinated with simply exploring the world.

I honestly see the same for quite a few people. In many of the private servers I've been on, people grow bored quickly relative to the imaginary land some people seem to live in where they view an official vanilla server as some kind of everlasting Vahalla of content
>>
File: 1401750992222.jpg (83 KB, 500x520) Image search: [Google]
1401750992222.jpg
83 KB, 500x520
>>337307802
>>337308213
Filthy casual.

>he doesn't like classes being unique
>he doesn't like separate roles
>he doesn't like lore

NO CHANGES should be made to vanilla wow if Blizzard were to release realms for them.
>>
>>337308782
>>337308836
Lmao I actually started during Wrath and loved the whole low level questing and all that, but after Cata came out I'd rather not go back to grinding weapon skills because I just equipted a polearm and never used one until just now, or having to go on a long ass quest just to get my charger on my paladin alt, after already doing something similar on my warlock. If Vanilla style game play stuck around every expansion, I can assure you that WoW would be a dead game. No one would put up with the grind for 11+ years.
>>
Id subscribe again, anon
>>
>>337308836
Goblins are great though, really the only race added that felt like a natural and appropriate addition to their faction.
>>
File: panda wife.jpg (874 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
panda wife.jpg
874 KB, 1200x1600
No
I played Vanilla back in 2005, I don't need to play it again in 2016

WoW is dead, fucking move on already
Not even pic related could bring me back at this point
>>
Knock the Legacy subscription down to $5-10 a month and sure.

Sick of having to reroll over and over on shitty private servers
>>
>>337309290
Yea, I don't trust giving neo-blizzard the discretion to tinker with the formula of original game. They'd fuck it up just like they've done with the current version.
>>
>>337309342
>I actually started during Wrath
Oh, so you're a wrathbabby. Nice.

>I'd rather not go back to grinding weapon skills because I just equipted a polearm
It took literally 10 minutes to do. Jesus christ.

>or having to go on a long ass quest just to get my charger on my paladin alt
It took an hour at most and was content. God forbid cool unique rewards require you to actually do something for them holy frick.

Enjoy the rest of WoD anon, seems perfect for you :^]
>>
>>337303165
People can say they will subscribe but what I wonder is for how long? Blizzard may be shitting all over the WoW we have today, but how difficult do you think raids will be for all the neckbeard autists that have been playing the game for years? It certainly doesn't seem very difficult for the people on private servers. What use will a legacy server be if it's deserted in a month? Blizzard can release another raid every few months but look at how that's working for retail, every one that isn't happy paying $15 to sit in their capital city has long since unsubbed.
>>
File: 1461746301360.jpg (274 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1461746301360.jpg
274 KB, 1280x720
>>
>>337303165
Probably not, as they won't be anything resembling vanilla. This isn't good ol' blizz. This is TF2 clone, Lololo III blizz.
>>
File: platinum gal.jpg (327 KB, 591x700) Image search: [Google]
platinum gal.jpg
327 KB, 591x700
>>337307739
>Vanilla was too RPG
You are why this genre is shit. Please end yourself.
>>
>>337309679
WoD was trash, I don't even play WoW anymore because of how terrible it was. They CAN do cool and unique rewards like Green Fire quests and challenge mode gear. They shouldn't make it take an absurd amount of time that only neckbeards and wellfare people can afford to waste. I agree the game has become gutted and lost it's RPGness to casualization and other "new player friendly" things, but you are seriously mentally ill if you think it was fun and exciting to waste half a day or more in World of Warcraft for a cosmetic reward you'd replace next expansion.
>>
I've had a subscription for the past year, but I haven't played at all in two months. The money is just being eaten.
>>
>>337310253
>but you are seriously mentally ill if you think it was fun and exciting to waste half a day or more in World of Warcraft
you might be right, but at least I enjoyed actually playing the game. fuck off to a different game if you don't.
>>
>>337307739
Just so you know, "MMO" was shorthand for "MMORPG".

If you're complaining that a MMO "was too RPG", then you are playing the wrong game.
>>
>>337310253
>cosmetic reward you'd replace next expansion
I don't think you understand what "cosmetic" means. You seem to be having a delusion that replacing a COSMETIC reward to be a necessity.
>>
>>337303165
Can I be a goblin in vanilla wow?
>>
>>337303165
Anon, we've already had this thread. The answer is still yes
>>
Even with the edgy new class and probably okay dungeons/raids like they always seem to do, I'd rate the expansion 3/10 from what I've seen so far. Not to mention everyone gets a legendary weapon? Wtf is that shit. The game is in the toilet atm. 7 Million spike(maybe) then a plummet back down to around 3-4mil or less in three months tops....
>>
>>337303165
Fuck vanilla. Grindy as fuck, balance was at its absolute worst, and the end game was a gong show no matter what you did.

I'd take a MoP server over a vanilla server short of getting WotLK.
>>
I'm pretty sure in the survey most team did there was a question about creating more content post bc/wrath? What do you guys think? Would Wow be interesting if they get to the end of wrath and take a different direction? What would keep you interested at that point?
>>
>>337310863
>I literally enjoy devouring literal shit
to each his own i suppose
>>
>>337307739
Game went to shit because it stopped trying to be an rpg and stripped most rpg elements away.

Saying an rpg has "too much rpg" is literally the most autistic thing I've ever heard.

Never talk to me or my Dwarf son ever again
>>
>>337303165
yes me and my friends would resub for vanilla. I've played on a private server and it's really fun compared to retail
>>
>>337310845
>7 Million spike
>3-4mil
>toilet
>>
>>337307739
>vanilla was too RPG
>an RPG can be too RPG

jesus christ end your fucking life right fucking now
>>
>>337311062
>3-4mil
>for a game that's been meandering around 10m for the past 8 years
relative toilet, but still a toilet
>>
One of the main devs said on the content livestream that they were fully aware how god awful and disjointed the current leveling system is.
At least they're admitting the game is fucked. The only problem is that they're taking baby steps to fix massive game crippling problems
>>
>>337310253
>they shouldnt make it take an absurd amount of time that only neckbeards can waste

nothing in WoW has even been poopsock tier, you are the most disgusting casual trash player in this thread and need to kill yourself
>>
>>337311193
and the threads instantly exploded with "BLIZZARD I BETTER BE ABLE TO STILL FACEROLL RUSH THROUGH EVERYTHING DONT YOU DARE MAKE ME USE MY BRAIN AHHHH"
>>
>>337303165
Nope, i can play it for free on Kronos2. Won't give blizzard anymore money.

Once the K2 server is up i will go back levelling till 55 and respec to protection and dungeoning 24/7.
>>
>>337310253
>we've reached the point where Vanilla WoW has become a legend where people actually think anything in it was poop sock tier
Vanilla wasn't Everquest you nimrod. The only reason Vanilla was deemed hard was that the people playing it were retarded teenagers on shitty computers keyboard turning.

Molten Core on Nost was mind numbingly easy
>>
>>337311193
here's the video senpai

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANjsSg8JXGo
>>
>>337310863
>grindy as fuck
you literally never played an MMO before WoW if you found vanilla remotely grindy
>>
>>337311161
That's like saying a toilet made of gold is worthless because there's shit on it.

>>337311093
>I see "RPG"-ness as a binary value

Are you guys dumbasses? Do you also bitch about how you can fit multiple mounts inside a bag? Onoes, that doesn't sound very RPG-y to me, better kill yourself then.
>>
>>337307739

>Vanilla WoW was garbage
>overly complex
>Cata was at a better spot for the game

All the world's shit taste coalesced into one stupid faggot.
>>
>>337311380
>Molten Core on Nost was mind numbingly easy

It was neat seeing MC get steamrolled by competent groups with Fury Warriors pulling >600 DPS. Even BWL was speedrun in less than 45 minutes.
>>
>>337311403
excuse me who are you quoting?
>>
I've read the new novel that came out, the prequel to the Warcraft movie: Durotan.

In the novel, it describes how Gul'dan created the Horde. Furthermore, none of the other orcs know who Gul'dan is until he introduces himself. He has no clan and no lineage. To all the other orcs, he was simply a stranger they'd never heard of before. The novel basically tells how Gul'dan approached all of the orc clans with the offer of a new, fresh world.

Ner'zhul is never mentioned anywhere, not even hinted to. Which means the character Ner'zhul doesn't exist in this universe.

At first I thought the movie was going to have only minor differences from the main universe, but that's not the case. It's a completely different story. The slaughter of the draenei never happened. Although the prequel novel doesn't speak much about the draenei, there were a couple of draenei individuals who helped Durotan and the Frostwolves. They wouldn't have helped orcs if Gul'dan and the Horde had slaughtered their people.

If there are people here who read Rise of the Horde, this story is nothing alike.

Anyway, Blizzard is going to have a hell of a time if they ever decide to make an Arthas movie. Ner'zhul doesn't exist, so good luck with the story of the Lich King. Dalaran is already flying in this universe, so good luck with Arthas's siege of the city.
>>
>>337311383
>>337311193
Heirlooms simply need to be removed. People will bitch but some of these people just need to be kicked out on their asses for the greater good of the game.

Heirlooms ruin dungeon experiences for new players. Nothing better than getting into a dungeon with a full heirloom group and having enemies die before you can even cast frostbolt once.
>>
>>337303165
I would but only if it isn't 15 bucks a month
>>
I would play the shit out of a progressive server.

Even if blizzard DOUBLED the rate of progression (i.e., patches last half as long) to keep neckbeards entertained, they could keep people playing for 3-4 years until the end of WotLK.

Honestly, they have the game just sitting in their lap, it would take almost no effort/cost to get it going (if a couple of fuckups could make a vanilla wow server work, blizz can do it with a couple of their talented people and some college interns).

It's worth it even if only a few thousand sub. You take income - taxes (50% off the top be/c california corp) - fixed costs (server) - variable costs (labor). You could probably pull it off and make a profit if 30k people sub, as long as you size the department appropriately.
>>
>>337303165
No, I'm an adult now.
>>
>>337311752
even without heirlooms the difficulty is a fucking mess. Remember when pulling 2 mobs would fuck you up at low levels? No class has a risk of dying now
>>
>>337303165
It should not cost the same amount as the current expansion for so many reasons. If they try to pull a "Buy Legion for Legacy access" then I'm not touching retail. Haven't touched it since the month after dungeon finder was added. There is no pull to this series.
>>
>>337311752
>>337311864
For leveling I would like them to maybe double the Exp needed for 1-60, 60-70 maybe a 1.25 to 1.5 increase, 70-80 is fine as it is, 80-85 maybe a 1.25x increase, 85-100 is fine. But what I would want the most is leveling scaling tech of Legion zones applied across the game. I would love to be able to go 1-90 purely by just doing the zones of Kalimdor or Eastern Kingdoms.

With Scaling tech I could do dungeons without out-leveling an Area, I could also 100% an area and see all the story without quests going grey even with an heirloom Exp Boost.

With Scaling Tech I would likely level a bunch of characters and take a nice leisurely level through the stories of the low level zones. Since at the moment since I know I won't complete an areas quest I have no motivation to care about the story since I only see like 1/5th of it.
>>
>objectively good
I literally died
>>
>>337311752
Heirlooms are far from the only problem. You're still playing a watered down class in cata zones with cata quests. And what does it fucking matter when you can just buy a level 100? The entire point of leveling is gone, the game is mainly getting to max level to start the gear treadmill so you can enjoy raids and PvP, which is all Wow has left for it.
>>
>>337311787
5 to 7 a month sounds fair to me for legacy servers
>>
do you think people would be less mad over legendaries if they had a different color and were called artifacts or something

and your class got like a legendary trinket or something from some long ass painful quest and the world-drops were some artifact type as well

>>337311940
>double the xp needed for 1-60

this sounds okay, dunno about in practice because there's some zones with fuck all quests but if you do them you end up having a weird quest progression/level path - i did most of kalimdor/ek loremaster across a few characters, it'd be a non-issue if silithus wasn't entirely abandoned by the devs i think, there might be a few other zones with 20-40 quests that make level progression weird but my memory is atrocious.
>>
I personally think Cata is worse. Cata did nothing to think outside the box, and as far as I'm aware there was no new content paths whatsoever added with the expansion.
Remember, this is the expansion that still had the helm/shoulder enchants that were only obtainable by wearing a Tabbard and grinding the rep in dungeons that started off overtuned and ended up undertuned.

The raids (outside of the first tier) were a joke as well. Ragnaros of Firelands may have been the best boss of the expansion if not the entire game, but Dragon Soul and Firelands barely add up to more bosses then HFC.

If you ask me, 90 percent of the resources in Cata were used on restructuring the leveling content, which WAS needed so that's a swing point. You either love it or hate it.
The only true amazing addition that came with the expansion was the Cross realm tech and Transmog! Cata was also the first expansion that equated the difficulties of Raiding, and LFR was also a Cata thing.........

Either way, there was also some MAJOR cut content with Cata. There was meant to be an entire raid set in the Abyssal Maw, and it just never happened. They announced it at Blizzcon (ala the things that were cut in WoD) and just never said anything about it again until Dragon soul was on the PTR.
>>
>Tanaan was supposed to be a fucking launch zone and was cut out during Summer 2014.

>Garrison was supposed to shut us up about player housing by giving us our own fortress and it was pitiful.

>could have had the garrison in any zone
>>
give me vanilla, legacy, progression, god even shitty pristine. anything other than modern babby wow
>>
>>337310863
>grindy as fuck
>WoTLK is grinding badges
>MoP is likewise until raid and you can LFR those raids too
I don't know kids these days really want a grindy as fuck dailies or grindy as fuck in vanilla.
>>
File: 1429600896981.jpg (134 KB, 752x711) Image search: [Google]
1429600896981.jpg
134 KB, 752x711
>people who say Vanilla was too hard or outputting
>while playing modern WoW
Modern WoW is one of the most unfriendly games to a new player. Every decision that's been made with this game over the past 5 years as been to convenience the autists who've been playing this game for 10 years and need 10 alts as fast as possible
Here's the process of a new player now
>make character
>get handed braindead quests against enemies that have no chance of killing you whatsoever
>get dps ability at level 1 example crusader strike making any enemy you fight die within 2 hits
>abilities are automatically learned and float onto your hotbar,
>the quests and the map itself hold your hand through a zone and tell you exactly where to go, your map no longer feels like a map to a world anymore
>you travel through zones with either next to no people or people wearing the exact same gear who don't even acknowledge you're there and probably consider your presence a hindrance
>get to 15 and queue for a dungeon
>get transported to some random cave somewhere that you have no context for its location or backstory whatsoever
>get carried through by 4 people decked out in autismo gear who are one shotting packs of mobs, mobs die before you even touch them
>get mountains of exp shoved down your throat simply for completing a dungeon
>outlevel the zone you're in
>questing is shoving tons of greens and blues at you constantly making leveling even easier
>get to max level or the "real game"
>realize its nothing but running around a zone collecting catch up gear then doing 1 raid each week
>unsub because this is gay
When Vanilla came out all the reviews were praising it for being so accessible and easy to get into. Most mmos before that point were abstract messes were grinding enemies was the only option to level.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajXv_2RXn28
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQQU2PEJm0M
>>
>>337303165
yes
im playing on a private server right now
and my only complaints are the server side issues like server lagging out. it is amazing and i feel like a kid again just replaying this awesome shit.
>>
>>337306538
Lol yeah exactly.
You morons are high if you think you're ever getting legacy servers.
Blizzard are not going to hire Nost staff.
They're not going to use Nost's hack shit.
>>
are there any solo wow games?

just a private server where I'm the gm
>>
>>337303165
Vanilla WoW was something of a rough diamond. There were great experiences to be had but for every hour you spent having a great time there was 5 hours of fucking around with tedious crap.

Somewhere along the way though, the game got too polished. Things like raid finder and cross-server instancing add a great deal of convenience but ultimately take the social aspect out of the game, and if you take that out all you have left is a flat and lifeless RPG.

Also all dungeons before max level are far too easy now. Not only is it boring without any challenge, it leads to shitty players because they've never needed to learn how to play properly.
>>
>>337312893
that would be horrible
WoW is intrinsically a MP game. Everything in it is a pissing contest to show off to the others in the game that you are better than them. You take away all of that the moment you go solo.
>>
>>337312154
Yeah.
>>
>>337303165

Yes I would do it ironically with a friend and then see if its worth continuing.
>>
>>337312705

Great post
>>
>>337303165
There's a lot of questions and worries that arise when Blizzard brings up legacy servers. My main worry is that they'll create legacy servers for BC and Wrath too. Which sounds wonderful but it will segregate the players so much that there wont be such a large populated world that we all use to play in. Blizzard's lost so many subscribers that I believe the returning players will never be as high as it use to be. If they solely make vanilla servers it'll be the best bet in making the gameplay enjoyable. Another worry is how high hoped people are for the idea of legacy servers. Blizzard has been known to rumor or promote ideas and drop it like a heartbeat (ie SC Ghost, Titan, and changes in several WoW Expansions) I really dont think the Blizz Devs give half a shit about legacy servers. At this point Im pretty sure theyre just trying to blow casual players cocks as much as possible until they suck the very last $15 out of each subscriber until every server turns to a low population and no one plays.
>>
Vanilla was fun at the time but the game has evolved into something different, for better or for worse.

I enjoyed vanilla at the time, I have no care to go back when my favorite class was even worse. Far more interested in the future.
>>
Yes, if legacy servers happen I plan on re-subscribing to play it, I have no plans to play legion.
>>
>>337303165
I never had a sub for WoW, never played on the retail version

but I would sub for vanilla
>>
Have you ever been in /wowg/? Full of SJWs and trannies. Disgusting tbqh.
>>
>>337313163
>Things like raid finder and cross-server instancing add a great deal of convenience but ultimately take the social aspect out of the game

Try being social yourself instead of expecting the game to hold your hand at it.
>>
>>337304489
A Reboot would actually be decent if they planned it right, but they haven't demonstrated any of the foresight or hindsight to pull that off. I'm still pissed WoD was Alternate Universe shenanigans when it was a prime opportunity to run the next several expansions as a retelling of the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd war.
>>
What MMO should I play instead?
>>
>>337312705
I like the cut of your jib.
>>
I would resubscribe for a time.

But one of the reasons Vanilla was fun is that friends from my school also played. No one really plays anymore.
>>
I'm glad there's no vanilla servers. Now I don't have to play a game with a bunch of ass blasted, whiny man-child cucks like all of you. :)
>>
>>337315509
says the guy who whined for a decade and turned wow into babby casual mode
>>
>>337315509

Strange reasoning since you wouldn't be forced to play it either way, but here's your (you).
>>
>>337314957
But anon, everyone wanted to go back to BC and that's what blizzard gave them. Why aren't you happy getting what you asked for?
>>
Nah I wouldn't because I'd be giving current blizzard money and I'm not paying for a 10 year old game on a monthly basis out of principle
>>
>>337315726
I didn't ask for anything. I can just accept the fact that MMOs evolve over time, adapt and not be a bitch about it.

>>337315739
Nobody said anything about being forced to play. I'm playing either way. Getting rid of all the "muh vanilla" cucks is just a bonus.
>>
>>337303165
Yes I defiantly would but they would have to be progressive.
>>
Wow went to shit after vanilla. Soon as the other faction got what made the other faction unique I stopped playing (horde paladin, alliance shaman)
>>
>>337316641
>Waaah I'm not a special snowflake in my faction
>>
>>337317036
Not him, but if both factions are essentially the same, what's the point anymore?
>>
>>337317172
Exactly
>>
>>337317172
They were always the same to begin with. Both paladin and shaman were gimped and secondaries in vanilla.
Paladin was a blessings buff and cleanse bot.
Shaman was a totems buff and cleanse bot.

Ret, elemental and enhancment did not function as dps back then. And prot paladins were laughable as tanks. more so since they had talents that required you to be crit to activate.
>>
>>337317172
>>337317427
Lore an story purposes and pvp. Horde paladins and ally shaman don't change shit.
>>
>>337317172
>waaaah the factions are the same
Only in gameplay. There's a differance int he lore and story for each side if you pay attention. You obviously don't but plenty others do. Not to mention it breeds competition.
>>
The factions should be unique gameplay-wise for the same reasons classes should be unique.
>>
>>337318060
And then you'd have to hear people bitching about how they want to be a specific class but not the faction it's reserved to.
>>
>>337318209
And you ignore them because they're retarded.
>>
>>337318291
I do, just blizzard is ignoring the retarded vanilla faggots. Now that you understand how that works we can close this thread.
>>
>>337318389
>just blizzard is ignoring the retarded vanilla faggots.
We're not retarded though, that's the key difference here.

see >>337308893
>>
>>337317036
>each faction gets one special snowflake race for paladin and shaman
>Waaah I'm not a special snowflake in my faction
r u havin problem?
>>
It isn't happening and Blizzard has made that plenty clear. They're either unable to get older versions working with their current account system or unwilling to bother trying, and that's the end of it.

At best you're going to see the pristine garbage they're talking about (with an endorsement from the Nost team given how quickly the folded) and it will fail and they'll just go "See you didn't want it!" The Nostalrius anger will dissipate (if it hasn't already), Legion will puddle along at 2-3 million subs, WoW will eventually die, and they'll just keep making money with Hearthstone and whatever new cash cows they have.
>>
You are all a bunch of cry babies.

Want Vanilla? play Kronos/Rebirth or go fuck yourself.

Like retail? Play it and stop posting your useless shill opinions on here.
>>
>>337318291
for class exlusivity? no. That's a bad design. Trying to make classes unique might be difficulty but locking them down to one faction is stupid.

You don't lock down classes like that. Every mmorpg always gets bitched at because the race/sex lock classes. Go backa dn look at TERA. A game that started with every class playable for every race/sex combo.

Every class added to the game has been race/sex locked and has dwindled the playerbase because of it.
>>
>>337318573
Doesn't bother me that both factions can be paladin/shaman. I'm just mocking idiot who is complaining they are no longer exclusive.
>>
>>337317725
so hold up
you saying
you be saying support classes
be supportive???!!
>>
>Objectively good
>MMO

No.
>>
>>337318579
>Legion will puddle along at 2-3 million subs

It's a brand new expansion. It should shoot up massively since "NEW EXPANSION." There's always a population boom and the upcomming warcraft movie is going to generate newe interest.

Concidering it's not orcs again, blizz is atempting to get people out inthe world more and artifacts are nice and shiney. I'd think legion will hold subs far higher than WoD did.
>>
>>337318579
>It isn't happening and Blizzard has made that plenty clear
Where? In that post Brack made? He said it'd be difficult but he never said they were/weren't doing it. They're actually meeting with the Nostalrius devs and Mark Kern as a matter of fact.
>>
>>337318867
>It's a brand new expansion
didnt help the past 3
>>
>>337318672
They weren't support classes. They were hybrids that weren't allowed to do anything well.

Nothing on their set bonus' added anything for support. If anything Paladin's judgment helped for dps and that's it.
>>
>>337318583
>That's a bad design
Not it's not. Even to this day classes are race exclusive. And the period of WoW when paladins/shaman were faction exclusive provided the largest sub growth over 2 years.

There's no logical reason to make classes 100% inclusive, and making them exclusive has obvious positives.
>>
>>337319118
>They were hybrids that weren't allowed to do anything well.
druid was the best flagrunner
paladin was an amazing pvp healer
[windfury procs in the distance]
>>
>>337318958
>didnt help the past 3

It did actually. Sub numbers always rose from end previous xpac into a new one. Case in point WoD even had a higher sub rate at release than MoP though it did die faster.

Fact remains new expansions sell like crazy for WoW. Legion is going to sell great at release. You can take bets how long it falls off though.
>>
>>337319301
>It did actually.
briefly, and then tanked hard, way lower than it sat before
>>
>objectively good game
>awful class balance
>stupid oversights like Warlock DoTs
>pathetically simple raids that amount to don't stand in the gunk and hit it real good
>autistic attunement grind
>linear progression means you have to grind the same raid over and over until you can grind the next tier over and over until you can grind the next tier over and over until you can grind the next tier over and over
>the worst PvP balance besides TBC release
>sitting in Orgrimmar/Stormwind in /1 asking for one of 3-4 tanks on your server to run through a raid, exacerbated by the point made above

Nah, fuck off Nost baby.
>>
>>337319257
Actually rogues were bette flag runners. More CC. And pvp battles grounds didn't exist back at the start of vanilla. So you have to look at it from the pve side.

>>windfury
>dispel, stun, root, silence, fear, slow
>every other class laughs
>>
File: 1462945546615.jpg (14 KB, 300x366) Image search: [Google]
1462945546615.jpg
14 KB, 300x366
>>337319480
Have fun with Legion
>>
>>337319617
[free action potion intensifies]
>>
>>337306538
Aim big is what I say.
>>
>>337319632

>paying money to play a 10 year old game, or an updated 10 year old game

lol, please Blizzard let me buy a subscription to your 10 year old game so I can play the non-updated 10 year old game!!!!!!!
>>
>>337319446
Yes but the fact is still new expansions sell very well. Why do you think WoD and Legion cost most? Blizz knows they aren't retaining subs anymore and that new xpacs sell well.
>>
>>337319480
>linear progression means you have to grind the same raid over and over until you can grind the next tier over and over until you can grind the next tier over and over until you can grind the next tier over and over
How is that better than grinding a raid over and over until you can grind the same raid (but on a higher difficulty) over and over?
>>
>>337319798

Because it's at least a change in mechanics and difficulty and isn't just doing the LITERALLY 100% STATISTICALLY the same raid over and over hoping that your piece of low poly jpeg armor drops.
>>
File: CguEhYnXEAASw9H.jpg (58 KB, 600x414) Image search: [Google]
CguEhYnXEAASw9H.jpg
58 KB, 600x414
>>337319775
Yeah look at all those updates anon. A few more of those and you'll be playing a fully fledged mobile game.
>>
>>337311193
I saw that video, the guy said leveling is fucked. But then 5 seconds later said that you should just be able to get to max level, and implied that end game is the real content.

So even if they see the problem, they're too stupid to actually understand it.
>>
>>337319672
[Does not remove effects already on the imbiber]
>>
>>337319952

>reading comprehension

It's pathetic to pay for retail or Vanilla, but especially so to pay a subscription for retail just for a server of the older, somehow worse version of the same game.
>>
>>337320008
dont move goalposts
>>
>>337320015
>worse version
There's your misconception.
>>
>>337320073
well blizzards head is so far up their own ass its what they think
>>
>>337319617
Most good WSG teams used a Druid to run the flag.
>>
>>337320073

No, it's the reality of the situation. Both of the instances of the game are fucking awful and barely playable even when you're a kid experiencing MMOs for the first time, but going back and playing that outdated, complexity lacking piece of shit just so you can jerk off the gold selling chinks while talking about LE GOOD OLD DAYS is extremely pathetic.
>>
Yes. I subbed 6 months ago after not playing for years, gave it about 10 hours then quit and canceled the subscription.

I would gladly pay for vanilla servers again
>>
No. I would rather have a hybrid that will never exist. There are many, many shitty things that neo-WoW created for the worse, but still there are some convenience factors that they added that would be nice to keep.
>>
File: 3456hwet.jpg (6 KB, 230x219) Image search: [Google]
3456hwet.jpg
6 KB, 230x219
>>337320184
>>
>>337303165
No. You can't recapture the times, it would quickly lose its novelty.
>>
>>337320184
why are you upset by people having fun
>>
triple or quadruple the xp gains, I aint fucking playing 300 hours to hit 60
>>
>>337320437
then dont play
>>
>>337320361
I played Nostalrius for over a year and it was just as good as I remembered it. It was actually better in some ways. Try again bud.
>>
>>337320157
>Run into a pre-made 3 pld 7 priest wsg
Just afk at that point. Fuck you Hildace, It's been 10 years but I still remember
>>
>>337320437
WoD sounds like it's right up your alley, friend.
>>
>>337320061
Not moving anything. Don't list a get out of jail free card and ignore the problems with it.

Most people were not smart enough to carry free action pots or farm mats for them. Those who did weren't exactlly smart about using them preemptively.

There's only a handful that used them right, and a 25% uptime didn't stop them from getting destroyed if they messed up the timing usage or when the pot was on recharge.

sorry but there was no perfect undefeatable trick back then. There was always a way to stop someone.
>>
>>337320567
I like how you retards are wanting the grind, don't you remember completing all the quests and still only fucking 1/3 passed the bar, all you did was grind mobs or dungeons, stfu you fuccbois
>>
>>337320157
>flag running
>vanilla

ahahah well maybe on some server? Every server I played people were more concered with HK and who was going to get pvp rank 1 that week.

WSG was better for farming than flag running.
>>
>>337320773
>I like how you retards are wanting the grind
You mistake 'grind' with 'fun game that takes longer than a week to complete'. If you find World of Warcraft to be a grind, it's just not your cup of tea. Move on.
>>
>>337320843
>>337320773
Timbermaw rep was so fun.
>>
>>337320702
you're not very smart
>>
Yes. Free would be nice but that would mean micro-tranasctions and stupid bullshit mounts paid cosmetic skins or worse, level boosters.

I would be totally fine with Naxxramas as the endgame forever, I could end the gear grind at some point and finally focus on fucking around in the world as much as I want.
I saw the 4 horsemen at 60 and I really want to go back and beat them this time.
>>
>>337311547
This is what I don't get. Why would people want legacy servers when raids are now this easy? People will be mindnumbingly bored. Especially with a bigger pop
>>
>>337320843
Sorry, I'm not 13 anymore playing 8 hours a day nigga. But 16 days to level up a character to 60. You can't be this stupid? 16 fucking days of gametime, I rarely pump 100 hours into one game these days, stay delusional you fuccboi. Jogging everywhere until level 40 larping everywhere, waste of fucking time. Spending 20 minutes to 40 minutes finding a group because cucks want to leave.
>>
>>337321016
Because Vanilla WoW wasn't all about raiding.
>>
>>337321064
It usually took me 6 days /played. Git gud retard.
>>
I don't know why fuccbois want classic, AQ actually had unique fights and naxx made it better, but everything thing else you could auto afk. Especially the first time I did BWL, holy fuq, just stand in the corner all day with my 20 fps, goddamn boring af, classic is a snoozefest, I only played it and did 7 bosses in Naxx because I was an addict, I rather do Burning Crusade. Classic is boring as shit
>>
>>337321064
>waste of fucking time
To each their own dude. I personally think jap RPGs are a waste of time but you might love that shit. You should just move onto retail WoW I guess? Maybe FFXIV? idk
>>
>>337320918
Not my fault you can't refute the argument. Might want to research your own examples before shitting them out.
>>
>>337304205

Why are you burnt out in a month?

>It's getting to the point where they're either going to have to reboot the series or appease people who want Vanilla servers.

>there's really no reason not to do it other than Blizz just wanting to be cunts.

Except they need to fix a lot of shit to integrate vanilla into their current system. It's not easy at all.

And it's not that many people. Just a bunch of loud assholes that aren't even willing to pay for a game.
>>
>>337321128
Keep lying stupid fuccboi, 6 days is near the world record only possible by a hunter who knows al lthe quests. Everyone's first time took at least 16 days. Keep lying retard
>>
>>337321271
>And it's not that many people
citation?
>>
>>337321064
Why are you so impatient? Why do you need to get to level 60 so quickly?
>>
>>337321328
Be cool bro. You don't have to act tough over the internet all the time.
>>
>>337321328
What did you just fucking say to me you little bitch? I Dare you to say that again.
>>
>>337303165
Maybe, I'd like to see a seasonal realm maybe. Where every few months you're reset to lvl1 or something, allowing competition for realm firsts between guilds. Difficulty changes. How do people feel about scrapped content as well? I've read original gold shire, Ironforge and other places are meant to be huge!
>>
File: 1456336780912.gif (3 MB, 359x202) Image search: [Google]
1456336780912.gif
3 MB, 359x202
>>337307739
Am I being memed?
>>
>>337321081
Yes, Vanilla WoW wasn't all about raiding. The current legacy vanilla servers certainly seem to spend far less time engaged in other activities however. People are far more aware than they were 11 years ago and they have access to far more information. The point I'm making is that any activity that people participated in during retail Vanilla takes far less time to consume now.
>>
>>337303165
I would play and, after the nost and kronos debacles, would pay for stable and guarenteed service and uptime.

As long as they didn't mess with it.
>>
>>337321390
That's 300 hours retard. How many games have you pumped 300 hours into. Hitting 100 hours into a game these days is a lot for me, 25-100 is usually how much I put into each game these days.
>>
>>337321551
>Maybe, I'd like to see a seasonal realm maybe.
>Where every few months you're reset to lvl1 or something
> How do people feel about scrapped content as well?
>other places are meant to be huge!

Your posting style rubs me the wrong way. Are you sure you're on the right website?
>>
>>337321390
He's gotta go fast dude. He needs to hit level 60 RIGHT NOW!

https://youtu.be/W6U2P-B57x0
>>
Probably not. The thing about vanilla servers for games is they never bring back the magic of the game when it was new regardless of the game. And its not because the game is dated or you can play the live version, it's because you aren't experiencing the game when it was new and current. What that means is you're playing in a fantasy world thats literally frozen in time, theres no new content, just the same old same old. People aren't true noobs, everyone knows everything, theres not as many people, etc.
>>
>>337321693
But the question remains: why do you have to reach level 60? Is the game not enjoyable at all during those first 100 hours? Why are you in such a hurry?
>>
>>337321813
Sorry man I just discovered the site from reddit.
>>
>>337321838
Pservers and especially nost have inarguably proven this point false.
>>
>>337320773
You're still grinding in wod, retard. You're just grinding in other ways.

And that grind ain't fun to me.
>>
>>337321838
>everyone knows everything
Fucking this. People had no clue what they were doing back in Vanilla and everything was done so inefficiently. It means so much less when everyone knows exactly where to go, what quests to do, when to run dungeons, and so on and so forth. People are far too familiar with this game or at least with how to obtain information when they are stuck.
>>337321887
You should go back there and never return
>>
File: das it mane.gif (1 MB, 250x141) Image search: [Google]
das it mane.gif
1 MB, 250x141
Yes I would resub for the world pvp alone.
>>
>>337303165
No. Part of the charm of Vanilla was discovering new things and being ignorant.
>>
>>337322193
>People are far too familiar with this game or at least with how to obtain information when they are stuck.
Even as a 12 year old playing retail Vanilla I used Allakhazam for help all the time.
>>
>>337303165
Depends on a few things.

>would i have to buy legion
>would it cost extra on top of that
>would blizzard fuck with the game or would it be the genuine experience

Runescape classic servers started out fun but Jagex royally FUCKED it by adding stupid shit the community chose.
>>
>>337321967
>inarguably
>pservers and especially Nost

I disagree on both accounts. How can you even argue his points when the databases alone have grown tremendously over the years? Let alone that people have been playing WoW for years. The number of people reaching 60 as well. How fast they reach 60. How fast people clear raids. How many people clear raids. In what sense do you feel it's inarguable that people are as clueless about Vanilla now as they were in 2005 when WoW was new? When I see guilds set up on a private server, finish raiding in a month or two, and move on, the last thing I think is "This was definitely the case 10 years ago"
>>
File: 1433956884325.gif (3 MB, 286x258) Image search: [Google]
1433956884325.gif
3 MB, 286x258
>>337313757
This
>>
>>337322390
More of a thottbot man myself.
>>
>>337322390
Yes but Thottbot and Allakhazam and the information they provided pale in comparison to how accustomed people are to stockpiling and sharing data today. It's much more streamlined.
>>
I joined at the start of Burning Crusade. I never got the opportunity to experience Vanilla because I had the adamant belief that "WoW will turn you into an addict." Luckily, Warlords of Draenor helped me get out of that habit.

I might give it a try for a month or two, if it happens. I won't if it requires a subscription though, since they already have normal WoW giving them money.
>>
File: aa3KL4C.png (111 KB, 333x347) Image search: [Google]
aa3KL4C.png
111 KB, 333x347
>A game can only be fun if you're experiencing it for the very first time
>>
>>337322419
And yet they still play it for a year and new people keep coming in. And they all enjoy it even if it's thw first, third, fifth time they've done it--be it hit 60, clear mc or get their Ony attunement.

You're missing the point.
>>
No. I already beat that game.
>>
>>337322665
>They all enjoy it
>they still play it for a year

It's hard to agree with anything when you try to make such sweeping assumptions in your favor. I can assure you that I did not play for a year, the entire guild moved on after two months of raiding. And that many were not mesmerized doing it for their third, fourth or fifth time, as many, including myself, have played on several private servers in the past.

I don't even have any beef with private servers, it just bugs me when people act like they are some sort of holy land. Nearly every private server I paid attention to died off completely. While I was playing them I encountered several people who started, enjoyed themselves, got bored relatively fast, and moved on, and saw several guilds do the same.

I'm not saying that goes for everyone, but several people (such as yourself) seem to think everyone is drooling at the mouth when many are not. People simply get an itch, scratch it, and grow tired of Vanilla.
>>
>>337322665
>>337323008
And to make this crystal clear once more, I enjoy private servers. I just don't see them as nearly as time consuming as some posters seem to attribute them to be. This website, with all the dead /v/ guilds, is proof enough.
>>
File: trolling.jpg (203 KB, 1024x819) Image search: [Google]
trolling.jpg
203 KB, 1024x819
I started playing vanilla WoW on a pirate server with a friend three weeeks ago.

It's the most fun I've had in ages. Players thanking me for casting stamina buffs on them while questing. Realizing we have to go all the way to Undercity so my friend can learn how to use swords. The endless quest for gold so I can buy a mount when I reach 40. Fixing sleepovers eating pizza and just playing the game like 10 years ago.
>>
since everyone knows WoW so well by now, what we need are ultra vanilla servers that are even harder and slower than regular vanilla. more wandering elites, more confusing maybe randomized quests, less XP per mob, more mats needed to craft things, less flight paths and graveyards, more xp and gold lost on death

>>337323360
you think you do but you don't
>>
>>337323360
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGBBoPrLAD8
>>
>>337323360
Makes me wish i had friends.
>>
>>337322390
There was still less data and information total plus the game was less polished and hadn't experienced a power creep on a large scale yet. Gearing was different, there were several gear with odd stats that were good and for some roles gear was harder to get. Also and the hybrid classes were either boardering over powered like shaman or forced to bitch role in pve like the druid and paladin.
>>
File: koksal1.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
koksal1.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>
Yeah, only reason I never get past level 4 on private servers is cause I know it'll all go away soon anyways.
>>
Most private servers are coded like shit or are P2W.
>>
>>337325876
Then play one the ones that aren't.
>>
I was too poor when I was younger to play WoW in it's its so called golden age, and I really wanna try it.
>>
>>337303165
yes i would the minute they say they will put up vanilla servers. i'm getting bored of trolling the retard biodrones over on tortanic
>>
>>337303165
>Real talk; are any of you going to re-subscribe to WoW if they bring back Vanilla servers?

No, just for Legion.
>>
>>337326772
Nostalrius was the only one.
>>
File: rsthwqeh.jpg (6 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
rsthwqeh.jpg
6 KB, 480x360
>>337326972
>No, just for Legion.
>>
>>337303165
>leveling obscenely slow
>no way to make gold
>everything drains gold like crazy
>ammo
>dungeons impossible to run because nobody will ever do them
>not even the slightest semblance of balance
>full of the most retarded bugs you've ever seen (astral recall bringing you back to your spawn room on WSG anyone?)
>race/class restrictions strict as fuck
>paladin is alliance only and shaman is horde only
>only like 6 specs in the entire game are not utter garbage
>everything else is unplayable, including entire classes
>abilities actually getting worse as you invest more and more obscene amounts of money into them
>have to stop to eat and drink between each individual mob, even when playing shit like a hunter because pets don't hold aggro for shit and lol what's mana
>peak of the vendor trash cancer and also worst point in the game in terms of inventory size. BC may have had more trash, but at least in BC the vendor trash was worth vendoring
>everything even remotely interesting or worth getting took weeks or months of grinding your face against the millstone in the vain hopes that you'll be one of the lucky dozen players worldwide who will ever see one
MEANWHILE
>everything good about the game has either been improved, or died out as the game stopped being new and will not come back with the legacy servers

The only way they'll get me to resub for Legacy servers is if they find some way to bring back vanilla content while also fixing all the bullshit that makes vanilla garbage. Oh wait that's what timewalking is and it sucks.
>>
>>337303165
I'm already coming back for Legion. Even if they did I wouldn't play on them though, Vanilla was mechanically terrible.
>>
>>337327692
now that's a shitpost
>>
>>337327835
Sorry for having a better memory than you
>>
>>337327692
oh so you're the reason retail wow was destroyed by convenience. good job on the whining I guess.
>>
>>337327882
It's not convenience that killed wow. There's nothing wrong with putting effort into a game and getting rewarded for it. Just because more than three other people have the same pet/title/weapon as you doesn't mean that your pet/title/weapon is meaningless.
If you want to be an elitist about shit, go play a pvp game.
>>
File: Ted Cruise.jpg (24 KB, 368x368) Image search: [Google]
Ted Cruise.jpg
24 KB, 368x368
You don't really want to play Vanilla WoW. You think you do, but you don't.
>>
File: 56j365u56.png (230 KB, 390x335) Image search: [Google]
56j365u56.png
230 KB, 390x335
>>337328438
>>
>>337328438
I want to see his psychology degree.
>>
File: Trump.jpg (80 KB, 759x870) Image search: [Google]
Trump.jpg
80 KB, 759x870
They only way Blizzard will give us Legacy servers is for the senior management to acknowledge and accept that all of the ideas they've had during the past 8 years were bad ideas and implementing them was a huge mistake.

That's never going to happen. Trump has a smaller ego than these fagots.
>>
>>337311193
They already have the system to fix some of the issue, they just need to extend it to the entire world and not just the Legion content.
>>
>>337328705
Well then we need to get them fired. We need to write a petition to get these fagots fired and send it to the board and major stock holders
>>
>>337308893
>I don't like socializing
>so I play a fucking MMO
fucking faggots these days
no shame
>>
Have they unfucked bdk?
>>
File: HolyDreadlord.jpg (593 KB, 2536x1080) Image search: [Google]
HolyDreadlord.jpg
593 KB, 2536x1080
Weren't the Nostalrius guys supposed to meet with them weeks ago? What happened?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.