[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just beat DS1 for the first time. Overall I enjoyed it and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5
File: dark-souls(1).jpg (31 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
dark-souls(1).jpg
31 KB, 600x300
I just beat DS1 for the first time. Overall I enjoyed it and I was wondering if I should get DS2 or just go straight to DS3. I know a lot of people hate DS2, but why? is it that bad compared to 3?
>>
>>337290398
DS2 is not skippable because of many lore points and items returning in DS3. DS3 has many more DS1 than DS2 references but still, it's more souls which is always fun.

Hating DS2 is a big meme here, it still has the best PvP in the series and is the longest of all the games.

Make sure to get the definitive Scholar of the First Sin DX11 edition.
>>
dark souls 2 was made with another team that was out of touch of the flavor and themes that made dark souls good

basically they made a bunch of new shit and copy pasted names and items, other than that, it feels like a different game

the graphics were massively downgraded from the trailers which caused a huge controversy

if you try to mod the games graphics in any way you can get softbanned

lastly, soul memory is the dumbest fucking system in the soul series

this is why dark souls 2 is seen as shit

on the other hand, dark souls 3 was made by the original team and feels like a real dark souls 2, it even continues the story. dark souls 2 is some "hurr in the far future when everything is irrelevant"
>>
>should I skip a game in a series I'm playing because some people don't like it?
what you should do is return to plebbit
>>
It's not mandatory but I highly recommend experiencing them like the majority of people and play them in order, to really appreciate each iteration play them in order and see the improvements / shortcomings in order and get the references to past games.

Also DaSII or SOTFS is still a good game, it's just generally seen as not AS GOOD as the others so of course /v/ hates it.
>>
I tried playing Dark Souls 2 and it just plain feels like a poorly made game. Animation don't feel right, there's no weight to the combat, the areas are uninspired and the graphics are incredibly bland.
I figure a lot of this is due to a separate team of devs working on Dark Souls 2 while Miyazaki worked on Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3.

I highly recommend you skip it.
>>
>>337290779
>>337290628
>muh b-team
retards
>>
>>337290768
>>337290698
>>337290598
These
>exactly 100 posts apart each
It's fate OP, play DaS2.
>>
>>337290398
I still never beat DS1... I beat DeS and DS2 though. I just really didn't like the Tomb of Giants, I never passed that shit on any of the 7ish characters I made.
>>
File: 1454930587540.png (281 KB, 557x605) Image search: [Google]
1454930587540.png
281 KB, 557x605
If you liked Dark Souls, you will like Dark Souls 2.
Some stuff is different, atmosphere feels different, but still very much a "souls" game.
plus it's fun
>>
>>337290958
You played DS1 7 times and you never beat it?
>>
>>337290598
>DS2 is not skippable because of lore

Don't listen to this sperg, OP. Lore is irrelevant in these games.
>>
>>337291426
(You) can fuck off anytime.
>>
>>337290398
It's like castlevania 2, zelda 2, mario 2, all the sequels that tried to do something different. it was a meme to hate them at the time but they're not horrible really
except maybe castlevania 2
>>
>>337291589
Not unless you admit I'm right, lorefag.
>>
>>337290598
>>337291080
Thanks. I was slightly leaning towards 2. I didnt pvp much in DS1, does it change much in 2? are bosses just as challenging? and whats "soul memory" that someone mentioned?
>>
>>337290398
DS2 has some questionable design choices, but overall it's a great game. Don't skip it.
>>
Play Demon's Souls and Bloodborne. The sequels are fucking garbage.
>>
fuck dark souls 2

I have many friends who played dark souls 2 as their first souls game and it scared them from the series

the shit that makes you lose life everytime you die is retarded

soul memory is retarded

enemies not respawning after so many deaths is retarded

weapons breaking so quickly is retarded

it looks retarded

all of the stats are retarded

everything about that game is retarded
>>
>>337291825
Calm down, sperg.
>>
>>337291650
>and whats "soul memory" that someone mentioned?

The people you can connect to online is determined by how many souls your character has collected during the game.

It doesn't matter what you used those souls for or even if you lost those souls, it matches you up with people who have collected a similar amount of souls to you.
>>
>>337290398
Honestly, both games are a huge disappointment compared to the first game. I mean there are benefits to each game. DaS2 has better PVP. DaS3 new animations and visuals are better. But overall DaS1 is still the better one overall.
>>
kinda unrelated, but how the fuck should I do the 4 Kings. They wreck my shit everytime
>>
>>337291982
git
gud
>>
The biggest problem I have with DaS3 is that it seems like everything was just faster to make it harder, than making it harder in any real meaningful way.
>>
>>337291982
Iron flesh, Gold pine resin on +15 weapon spam
>+15??? B-b-but muh slab
Go farm them from the Darkwraiths, faggot.
>>
>>337291825
>the shit that makes you lose life everytime you die is retarded
t. casual who started with das
>>
>>337291825
>the shit that makes you lose life everytime you die is retarded
Nah. I hate to say this but, git gud or use the ring that cuts the life loss to 75%. Also, it's not like you run out of human effigies.

>soul memory is retarded
Agreed.

>enemies not respawning after so many deaths is retarded
Depends. Sometimes is annoying when you're trying to farm a certain items, sometimes is a godsend when a certain area is too hard. Again, git gud.

>weapons breaking so quickly is retarded
Not really. It forces you to carry different weapons and to calculate your moves. Never ever play Shadow Tower Abyss.

>it looks retarded
Agreed. It looks ugly compared to DaS1.

>all of the stats are retarded
Not really. Tank or dodge, you can't do both.

>everything about that game is retarded
Opinions.
>>
>>337292151
Not a pyromancer though. also, I fucked up and spent alot of titanite chunks on Lightning Uch, but I'm switching to a +15 uchi and can't find enough to get it. I could farm Darkwraiths, but I honestly don't have the patience to go through 4 runs for MAYBE one chunk
>>
>>337292410
>level attunement for a slot
>get iron flesh from laurentius
>>
>>337290398
i flat out didnt like it and refunded it after the first boss. It just isnt nearly as good as 1 or 3 imo
>>
I'm playing demon souls for the first time and basically all I'm doing is shielding enemy hits then slashing like an idiot to kill them, does combat get deeper?
>>
>>337290598
I skipped 2 and it feels like it never existed in DS3.
Then I found out that just a couple of mute human enemies and red phantoms were DS2-related and that's it.
it's irrelevant
>>
>>337292410
>4 runs for MAYBE one chunk
christ are you retarded? make your item discovery higher
>>
File: The Feels.png (23 KB, 209x241) Image search: [Google]
The Feels.png
23 KB, 209x241
>>337292504
>mfw I'm actually retarded
>>
>>337292410
>Not a pyromancer though
Nigga, no stat requirements. Just get the hand and the spell and there ya go.
>>
>>337290398
FUCK DS2 IS NOT CANON FUCK YOU NIGGER
REEEEE
>>
>>337290398
DS2 is not a bad game. Its quiet good, but it has so many things that DS1 was going against that its hard to believe.
>>
>>337292565
combat is only good during boss fights. rest is usually a drag
>>
>>337292410
I ended up just tanking that whole fight with stone armor and just smacking the shit out of them. I used most of my estus but it got the job done.
>>
I like two better than one. It's more fun. Yea the atmosphere is way off. But I still had more fun. It was like it like it didn't take it's self as serious or something and I liked it for that. Silly turtle man falling in his back. The Pursuer oh shit run! The Pursuer again oh shit you can parry the fuck out him! Looking Glass Knight was a cool ass boss. And its easier or I can just react better because I played SOTFS on my bone at 60fps vs 1 on my 360 30fps.
>>
>>337292771
Sounds awful, are the other souls games like that?
>>
>>337290398
PLS STOP WITH THESE THREADS
>>
>>337293021
Yes
>>
>>337292651
Calm down, retard. Explain why so much stuff from Dark 2 is in 3 then? Is 3 not canon?
>>
Dark Souls 1 is the best game of the series.
>>
>>337290398
DS2 is great. If you liked 1 you'll probably like 2 even more. It makes a lot of significant improvements.
>>
File: scholar_of_the_first_sin_300.jpg (22 KB, 302x300) Image search: [Google]
scholar_of_the_first_sin_300.jpg
22 KB, 302x300
So DS2 it is then. Anything i should know beforehand? how are the bosses? hows pvp? weapons? what a decent class in ds2? i played a knight in 1
>>
>>337294275
>It makes a lot of significant improvements
Except it doesn't
I don't hate the game, Hell I like it, but the game took so many steps back that its embarrassing. I don't even blame From, the development was seriously fucked
>>
How effective cestus / vanquisher seal + fist were in DaS2 never ceased to amaze me. I went, punched the shit out of Drangleic and for the first time I was able to fight invaders back.
>>
>>337294665
An actual functional multiplayer is a hell of an improvement for me. And powerstance was amazing.
>>
>>337290398
How can you enjoy this overhyped shit?

Did you play online with summons and signs? Or did you use a guide and rush through it?
>>
>>337290598
DS2 has more build/weapon/armor/spell variety than both DS1 and 3 combined. Better invasion mechanics and game balance too.
>>
>>337294965
Its not a terrible game, i see why people like it. But i dont see it as an amazing game. I mainly enjoyed the exploration aspect of it. as far as summoning, most of my pvp experience was defending the forest area, which i enjoyed quite a bit.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.