[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Time for some co-op with a friend! >wait while the link is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6
Time for some co-op with a friend!

>wait while the link is made

Ok this is taking awhile but I'm sure it's smooth sailing after this buggy summoning stuff

>Can only join if both havent done the areas boss

O-ok I guess that makes sense. Coop makes the game easier so I guess they don't want someone boosting people through areas

>If one of you dies they you have to do the whole summoning again instead of both being sent back to the last bonfire together

Well that's a waste of time?? Why not just let us carry on playing in the same world?

>You have to do the areas twice for items and bosses

Why not just half the souls and let us get the items on the first run? Why make it tedious?

>Why is this like pulling teeth
I just want to goof around through the game with weak gear so that coop 2'sing is fun but there is a bunch of random red tape around every mechanic of online play.

>Why From
>>
>>337113415
Because the co-op is intended for random people online, not playing through the game with a friend.

Hell, this is the easiest game to actually play through with a friend thanks to the password system
>>
File: 1461357619127.jpg (44 KB, 499x533) Image search: [Google]
1461357619127.jpg
44 KB, 499x533
>>337113415

>If one of you dies they you have to do the whole summoning again instead of both being sent back to the last bonfire together
>Well that's a waste of time?? Why not just let us carry on playing in the same world?

Yeah that is stupid, why not just respawn you instantly at the fog gate with full estus and a few buffs to help you on your merry way. Actually why not just beat the boss for you after you die 3 times because the game is too tough for you. Actually why not make the console bend over and suck your dick because clearly you're having to waste your time here and console-tan just wants to please you.

Fucking bitch nigger.
>>
File: pepe12.jpg (11 KB, 117x106) Image search: [Google]
pepe12.jpg
11 KB, 117x106
>>337113605
The password system does make it simple to link with the friend but everything afterwards is random and unnecessary roadblocks for gameplay.

We just want to play through the game at the same time. Yet we have to do everything twice for each world?

Like I understand it's making the game easier but we're trying to stick to only starting gear to make it more of a challenge. The creeps and bosses should be the challenge - not the bloody online phantom system.
>>
>>337113826
>creeps

Suddenly all your faggotness makes sense.

Drop the game, stand in on-coming traffic.
>>
>>337113767
>just use hyperbole with sarcasm dave it makes you always right

We don't want the game to be easier. We just want the go back to the fucking bonfire in the same world like the normal system works?

In what way does it sound like I want to be spoon fed this game holy shit.

>bad design
Hurr duurrr git gud

Fucking love this game but some of the shitposters here make me question the level of sludge this game attracts
>>
>>337113941
Wait what other game uses creeps as a term for non-boss enemies?

Is it mobas?
Mmo's?

What's getting you so assblasted over a word?
>>
File: 1459293297144.jpg (93 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
1459293297144.jpg
93 KB, 612x612
>>337113826
Well it makes sense that if you're doing something in another person's world it wouldn't effect your own, right? As I said before, the system's made to drop into random people's worlds and give them a hand with the area/boss, then drop out again when you're done.

Playing through the whole game with a friend was never the intention behind the system
>>
>>337114089
>Playing through the whole game with a friend was never the intention behind the system
I think OP's point was it should have been
>>
>>337114325
Well when me and my friend want to play this together we don't have a problem with the system, so I don't really get what he's having trouble with
>>
>>337114325
Why? That's dumb and defeats the purpose. The randomness of jolly cooperation and invading is what makes it fun. If you were continuously invaded by Chad from Algebra class it would be fucking annoying. And if you only played the game with your friend it would be way too boring and sheltered. Co-op is meant to be a roll of the dice, not someone you know and can coordinate with.
>>
>>337114452
He's having trouble with the fact that you have to resummon after death rather than just dying and reappearing already-summoned, and that souls and items aren't shared/split, which adds tedious repeat steps that shouldn't need to be performed.

Didn't you read the OP?
>>
>>337114497
He just wants to play the game the way he wants to play it. And he's FAR from the only person trying to have a more traditional co-op experience with the game
>>
File: 1451083755435.gif (362 KB, 408x480) Image search: [Google]
1451083755435.gif
362 KB, 408x480
>>337114497
OP here. I like the random adventures of justing summoning whoever but I also like just going through the game as a set duo.

I think there should be a phantom system like it is now with a seperate 'same world' coop system that has penalties in terms of damage you do, taking more damage, higher enemy health pools etc

Like it's clear they can easily just make phantom coop work then why not just sprinkle some NG+ style difficulty for the non-phantom coop if that makes sense.
>>
What the fuck even is this thread
>>
>>337114594
Yeah I read the OP, and I still don't get the problems he's facing.

You do get souls from co-op

Of course you don't get the items, otherwise you could just put a sign down and grab duplicate items from someone elses world

The host loses their ember when they die, which also removes their ability to summon/get invaded, so of course you don't stay summoned after death. Changing that would mean a whole bunch of other changes.

Dying solo adds "tedious repeat steps", how is that any different to slapping down another summon sign?
>>
>>337114751
Then he's playing the wrong game, maybe? Especially considering this one is as traditional as it gets.

>>337114837
Make no mistake, the game is meant to be played solo. That doesn't mean summoning is bad, but it's designed to be played and finished alone. The idea of two players piggybacking the entire game and wanting it to be completable in that fashion would be entirely foreign to the devs because that's simply not how the game is designed. An NG+-style boost in difficulty would do little to mitigate the presence of a second player at all times. Co-op is overpowered, purposefully so. And the game just isn't designed with playing the entire way through like that, especially in terms of rewarding both players with the same experience.
>>
>>337113415
the game isnt designed to be played as co-op from beginning to end. that answers most of your questions. whether you like it or not is your own problem.

to give you an example
>Why not just half the souls and let us get the items on the first run? Why make it tedious?
that would be complete horse shit for everyone else
>>
>>337114751
The thing is, the game simply isn't designed that way. The OP can play the way he does, of course, but he'll just have to accept jumping through the hoops he mentioned in his post.

As someone else already stated, the co-op aspect of the Souls games is just there to help you out if you're stuck; it was never meant to allow two players to play through the whole game together. Changing the co-op system isn't just as simple as allowing people to stay connected after they die. If Dark Souls was supposed to be a co-op game, you'd have to rebuild it from the ground up. Almost all of the enemies are only capable of dealing with one threat at a time, so you'd have to completely scratch their AI, give them new attacks, and re-balance every single encounter.

The changes >>337114837
mentioned are already implemented in the game, since enemies do have larger health pools the more phantoms there are in your world, but as you can tell from OP's post, that hardly changes Dark Soul's viability as a "traditional" co-op experience.

The way it is right now, you can either play Dark Souls or a game that was built around co-op, but you can't have both. And that isn't a bad thing, because not every game needs to be the same and I always thought that the Souls games' approach to co-op play was rather refreshing.
>>
>>337113415
I don't even dare to play online in DS3 anymore, which makes it so that I have no reason to continue playing at the time. At least I got 160 hours of fun out of it before hackers started softbanning everyone - and as far as I'm aware, that's far from stopped, and there are actually other kinds of hackers roaming around now doing other stupid shit. Online is dead for the time being.
>>
File: image.jpg (104 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
104 KB, 500x667
>>337113415
>I just want

nobody cares about your fucking comfort zone requirements faggot, you and your friend return your copies of the game and then choke each other to death

get the fuck out
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.