[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did they put the best character in a mediocre DLC? This motherfucker
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: jghh.jpg (177 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
jghh.jpg
177 KB, 1280x1024
Why did they put the best character in a mediocre DLC? This motherfucker should have been in the main game.
>>
File: 1459715190684.jpg (119 KB, 660x850) Image search: [Google]
1459715190684.jpg
119 KB, 660x850
Same reason they put a retarded character in the center of a fun DLC. This motherfucker should have been a Wild Wasteland encounter.
>>
File: 1450043803651.jpg (272 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
1450043803651.jpg
272 KB, 1440x900
>>337073624
my biggest complain about the god tier DLCs this game has is how well interconnected they are with each other and the main game...and yet you can't really affect the Mojave or the endings with the stuff you get from the DLCs because they're designed gameplay and story wise to be self contained

for example

>can't bring christine back to veronica and have an ending where christine lets go of the madre and they both fuck off the from the mojave and BoS
>can't bring joshua back with you to overthrow Caesar in some follow up quest
>can't bring Ulysses back to the mojave
>>
>>337073624
>Some anime like line
>The most important thing I've said.

kek
>>
>>337074214
Because Gamebryo is a shit engine and DLC content couldn't interact with base game content

All the entry points for each of the DLC's was already there in the release build. The talk with Veronica about Elijah is only there because it was in the release build too, disguised as cut content so people wouldn't datamine it and spoil Dead Money.
>>
>>337074541
>anime like
Are you autistic?
>>
>>337074076
>Lonesome Corridor
>fun

The worst part about Ulysses is that they hyped him up in each of the other DLCs and when you get to him, he shits all over the open ended character creation by telling you you've been an NCR courier for years
>>
Because the Legion faction was cut-up all over the place. Even their story, not just the gameplay content.
>>
>>337074857
To be fair though, you can tell Ulysses he's got the wrong guy, he just doesn't give a fuck/doesn't believe you.

Granted it's still a stupid thing to have, but the ability is there.
>>
File: UlyssesWithoutMask.png (513 KB, 697x581) Image search: [Google]
UlyssesWithoutMask.png
513 KB, 697x581
Still don't know how Avellone convinced them to hype up his special snowflake Anti-Courier so hard

The good endings to Dead Money had to be the worst. "Did the player do everything right? Great, take a few lines out of each of their narrations so I can tell them how great my DLC is going to be"
>>
>>337077127
Well at least they included an instant "oh yeah I'm a retard sorry about that" speech check option.
>>
Is Joshua Graham one of the most well written characters in ~2010 modern video games?

Can anyone compare?
>>
>>337077557
Probably had to force him into it

Bet he made the Tunnelers when they said he couldn't make nuking NCR canon, too
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.