[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dark Souls 3 Invasions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 87
File: pyromancy_flame.png (7 KB, 96x131) Image search: [Google]
pyromancy_flame.png
7 KB, 96x131
You fuckers lied to me.

>Straight swords are the only viable weapons
>Estoc is bestoc
>Pyromancy is shit, has no damage

Then I see a fucking Eleven murdering ganksquads with Pyromancy.

What the fuck. /v/ is shit in this game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylIXhcVAP08
>>
Pyromancy is pretty good. Also invasion story thread?

Just had one of my best ones yet.

Currently running a magic orientated jack of all trades build, got flash sword, heavy soul arrow and a heal miracle equiped. Also a raw estoc as a back up, even though I try to stick with magic. Got a bow and firebombs as well, going for a more ranged aproach.

>Invade world in cleansing chappel
>Blue instantly gets summoned
>Cool stray demon cosplay, but he didn't manage to dodge my soul arrows weirdly enough
>He gets hit by a stray graveyard zombie thing
>Head towards the chappel to find the host
>See a yellow in the distance scouting for me
>Hear another phantom entering, ends up being a purple
>Enter the chapel, imiddiatly get attack in the back by the host and a gold phantom
>purple backs me up, fucking A
>massive brawl, hitting a TON with soul arrows, phantoms have no idea what they're doing
>host his hanging back spamming magic as well, misses everything.
>Host also desperatly trying to summon more phantoms and failing
>Manage to hit one phantom twice in a row, go in for the kill and get it
>Other phantom goes down quickly as well by my hand
>me and purple have a stand off, we both know this guy is toast either way
>trying to figure out if I have to kill the purple too or if we team up on the gankhost
>Host bails, and sprints out of the church
>Me and purple break standoff, and hunt the fucker down
>manage to shoot the host off the ladder shortcut with some soul arrows while purple chases him

Was pretty neato.
>>
File: 1426817163309.jpg (42 KB, 669x746) Image search: [Google]
1426817163309.jpg
42 KB, 669x746
>Invading great belfry
>see host and 2 white phantoms
>do the usual wave and 15 seconds of prep
>white phantoms just stop and lay down
>do the same, Dark sword host is clearly confused
>Host pointing at phantoms towards me, white phantoms clearly not giving a shit.
>they let me 1v1 the host, spectating and cheering as I do.
>kill him and we all clap afterwords

Its those little moments.
>>
>>337247358
Had this earlier as well.

I was assisting some guy through the cathedral outsides when we got invaded by some cheeky fucker named JOHN CENA.

He waited for us to kill the ninja skellington, the host immiddiatly bumrushed him during the invaders clapping emote, expecting me to follow.

Instead I just did a patches squat on the sidelines. Have a little respect will ya. Host got rekt pretty hard even after using estus at least twice.
>>
>>337248145
How about you do your fucking job, which is murdering anything that even might pose a threat to the host? Putting down a summon sign means "I'm here to fuck things for you, fairly or unfairly", not "Lol you gotta duel him git gud!!!!".

If you're some faggot that wants "muh honorable PvP", then there is a Red Soapsign for you, and THAT'S IT. The normal soapsign is for ganking, all covenants are for ganking, and invasions are for being ganked.

As a side note - it's so satisfying to black crystal phantoms that don't help gangbang invaders. Just get rid of them right before the fog wall, and laugh.
>>
I invaded in the settlement yesterday at the same time with another red, then in came a blueberry and we had a nice pair of duels with me beating the blue and host beating the other red. Then I dueled with the host and won. It was really fun.
>>
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 300x246) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 300x246
Is there anyway to make a blue blood sword type build from DeS utilizing a light weapon spell? That build was GOAT.
>>
Straight Swords are predictable. I had more trouble against pure casters and str builds who can one shot pvpers.
>>
>>337248824
Well, someone got fucked in the ass by an Invader while his phantoms watched
>>
>>337249113
I think Anri's sword scales with luck and you can use Carthus Flame for weapon buff I suppose
>>
>>337245406
>he doesn't play as Jesus F. Christ himself
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yncVjQbAI9k
>>
File: 20160511201455_1.jpg (572 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160511201455_1.jpg
572 KB, 1920x1080
>Warden twinblades + Avelyn

Time to have some fun. Leonhard set looks pretty nice too.

Also the game is ng+++++ currently so that's why I've got so much energy and not much hp
>>
>>337249878
>so much
That's not even standard amounts.
>>
>>337248824
>actually liking ganksquads

Spotted the Dark sword user.
>>
>>337246958
>invade a world
>there's a grapist there too
>kill the hosts phantom and then go on a tour of anor londo.
>>
>>337249997
There character is lvl 95 so it's disproportionate amount
>>
File: 1380548969676.png (12 KB, 560x407) Image search: [Google]
1380548969676.png
12 KB, 560x407
>>337250132
You seem to have less than 30 vigor (which is when your health bar goes beyond half of your screen in length). 33-40 is the standard for PvP.
>>
>>337245406

He is good, but at the same time, everyone knows GCFO is OP as FUCK. None of the magic spells pyro has compare to its effienency and use. Sorcery just doesn't have any spell as good period. Even as a mage I had to use GCFOrb to kill bosses cause my regular magic just wasn't hitting as hard, was slower to cast AND consumed more FP.
>>
>>337250321
>vigor
>when the guy is talking about having "so much" stamina
>>
File: 1371788855493.gif (708 KB, 260x146) Image search: [Google]
1371788855493.gif
708 KB, 260x146
>>337250472
Oh.

Oh I see. I just woke up. Nevermind me.
>>
>>337248824
>The normal soapsign is for ganking, all covenants are for ganking, and invasions are for being ganked.
>How about you do your fucking job

lol make me queermo
>>
>>337248824
You sound mighty butthurt, maybe got killed in pvp once too many?

I'll help you get trough the level, but I'm not here to be your little bitch. I still have my own will, and if you're doing shit I disagree with or find stupid the consequences are on you.

Don't really care if you black crystal me out btw, enjoy getting rekt by the boss you nancy boy.

>>337249190
Str builds catch most players off guard, my first character carried around a greataxe. I've one shot many cocky invaders with the l2r2 wombo combo. You can see it coming from a mile away and if you still get hit you deserve it.

>>337250109
Hah, he could've been better off just standing his ground and hoping the purple gets crazy ideas. Thank god my chase involved homing projectiles and a pissed off grape with a halberd so it was over quickly.
>>
>>337245406

Most people on /v/ suck, so of course they're going to whine endlessly about straight swords and rapiers.

That's not to say that they aren't OP as fuck, because they are, but they aren't the only viable weapons. I also highly doubt that anyone has even played around with magic a lot and mostly just repeat that it's shit due to hearsay. Only a few select pyromancies and sorceries are shit along with most offensive miracles.

That Japanese dude is really awesome because it looks like he has had a lot of practice aiming those Chaos Fire Orbs, which are perfect for dealing with ganksquads because of the lava they leave behind.
>>
File: troubled teen.jpg (23 KB, 599x399) Image search: [Google]
troubled teen.jpg
23 KB, 599x399
>mfw summoning and butchering the cheeky cunts who put down red sunbro and meme maker signs to trick casuals in the kiln
Fuck outta here
>>
>>337245406
I've murdered gank squads with pharis's bow, doesn't make it not shit.

Those guys in the video don't punish his casts and move predictably. I was literally cringing, fucking anything would be viable against some of the brainless retards he played against.
>>
Enjoy the estoc while it lasts. Poise will be enabled in the next update
>>
>>337251390
That sucks, estoc fags are always a free parry.
>>
>>337251390
No it's not. People got used to it already.
>>
>>337251390
It will?

I suppose they wanted to balance weapons by damage and poise and wanted numbers from players
>>
Who said pyromancy is Shit? Pyromancy does tons of damage it just sucks 1 on 1. Also magic does broken damage as well And regularly 1 shots people at 120. Just again it pretty much sucks for 1v1
>>
File: image.jpg (565 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
565 KB, 1920x1080
You know shit is fucked when R1 spamming continues to be the only viable way to play PvP.

Knowing that From will probably never fix poise, the very least they could do is increase stamina usage for each repeated swing in one hand. It would cut the spamming by a few hits and make the game somewhat fun again.
>>
>>337250321
>33-40
Jesus Christ how casual are you fucking faggots? You don't need more than 27 on absolutely any build.
>>
>>337249113

Yes.

>start as Cleric
>kill uchigatana man
>kill Emma
>go back to the entrance to Vordt's boss room and summon uchigatana man
>take him to the Dancer boss room and initiate the fight
>let him die, then quit/reload
>summon him again
>let him kill dancer for you
>run around Lothric Castle early and loot the Lothric Divine Tome
>go back to the High Wall, loot the Astora Straight Sword, make it Raw
>kill Vordt
>get 10 DEX
>get the Mortician's Ashes
>give the ashes to the handmaiden
>purchase the key that she sells
>free Irina
>purchase Blessed Weapon from Irina
>go to the Path of Sacrifices
>kill Anri as soon as you see her
>loot her Straight Sword
>pump VIG, END, and LCK and watch as your sword demolishes everything

Alternatively, you can just use the Astora Straight Sword until you complete Anri's or Yuria's questline. Either one will net you the sword eventually. You could also skip the Lothric Castle looting and just get the base stats for Carthus Flame Arc or Great Magic Weapon. Hell, you could even use resins. Whatever works best for you.
>>
File: image.jpg (4 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
4 MB, 3840x2160
Also, is it just me or does DAS2/Sotfs feel a bit more tactical regarding pvp? DAS 3 is like whoever gets the first R1 combo and stun locks win or the estus spam. DAS 2 has the I-frames for rolls and backstep counters, estus is easily punishable and poise/heavy armor feels retry balanced
>>
File: whiffthosegreatswordsmore.webm (3 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
whiffthosegreatswordsmore.webm
3 MB, 800x450
I wanna try a new build. Most likely I'll try that Pyro stuff that Japanese guy is doing, even though for sure I can't free cast aim for shit.

Whatever. If I get lucky I'll just say it's skill.
>>
>Back near launch of the game
>Be a Sunbro and put my summon sign near where you meet your beef jerky wife/husband
>Get summoned and the host takes me to where the Black Knight is
>I do all the work and he black crystals me after
And that's how I ended up invading more than sunbroing.
>>
>>337245406
Funny, I fear the great weapons more since you can't parry their regular R1s or R2s when they're two handed.
>>
I've been waiting for a Fashion Souls thread.
>>
>>337245406
> pyromancy flame in left hand
> thrall axe in right hand
> two hand the pyromancy flame
> sacred flame

There you go, one shoting most people up to sl80 and without having more than 8 in fai and int
>>
>>337252140
Depends on what soul level you're fighting. I'm invading at level 43 now with not very powerful weapons, and taking someone down takes quite a lot of hits. dodging and blocking is pretty prominent at this soul level.

Estus is way to easy to use though I agree.
>>
>>337251784
>either will net you the sword eventually
I've done the wedding and just need to kill the final boss and have yet to obtain anri's sword. how am I supposed to get it?
>>
>>337252376
Those threads are dumb
>>
>>337252140
The estus chugging, guaranteed 2 hits with any weapon, extremely retarded and ridiculous i-frame abuse, how little stamina everything but super heavy weapons use, lack of poise and terrible netcode make this the worse souls PvP yet.
>>
>>337251627
> R1 spamming is the only viable way to play PvP.
well that's just fucking wrong.
>>
How do I make a good faith build?
>>
>>337252691
Put points in faith
>>
>>337251627
>R1 spamming
Ay yo hol up, let me just press the parry button and laugh at you. Maybe ropebomb abit too.
>>
>>337252691
no such thing as a faith build, unless you mean going to 30 faith for heals and buffs.
>>
If you hit every fucking fireballs you deserve to win period
>>
>>337252509

I haven't bothered doing the Usurpation ending yet, but I've been told you find it near Anri's corpse after you initiate the face-stabbing and reload the area.

In Anri's ending, you get the sword by talking to Ludleth after helping Anri defeat Aldrich.
>>
>>337251718
>27
Most strength/INT builds literally kill you in one hit.
>>
>>337251627
>You know shit is fucked when R1 spamming continues to be the only viable way to play PvP.

I've seen R1 spammers getting mad and complaining that people are able to get out after 2 hits of their attack. They said that they shouldn't be able to move.
>>
>>337252781
>no such thing as a faith build
Elaborate
>>
File: proof_of_a_concord_kept.png (24 KB, 196x203) Image search: [Google]
proof_of_a_concord_kept.png
24 KB, 196x203
these things literally dont exist
>>
>>337251718
Enjoy getting one shot by a hornet ring boosted riposte. 27 vigor is acceptable for levels around 60-80, but keeping at 27 around SL 100-120 is foolish.
>>
File: 1399351036092.gif (811 KB, 253x196) Image search: [Google]
1399351036092.gif
811 KB, 253x196
>>337252437
>> two hand the pyromancy flame
>>
>>337252781
There is. If you use faith as a spell buff for your melee weapons. I use a DEX/FTH build.
>>
>>337253028
It's a bug

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvCbKNi7vL8
>>
>>337253024
I was able to farm 8 concords from those fucking knights for 2 hours. Just so I can get the fucking Darkmoon Ring. Never again.
>>
>>337252905
lies
>>
>>337252437
I don't think you know how that glitch works, anon.
>>
>>337253151
Nope. I wish I was though.
>>
>>337252939
Faith is fucking trash and only good for the self-revive, healing, and non-damage force. It doesn't even start doing any noticable damage till you hit 40-50 faith, and caps at 60.
-Lighting Spears are shit and cost too much
-WotG has a 3-second wait timer, eats up FP, and does measly damage with only its range being ok
-Force Blast is only good for knockback, and you have to be creative to hit even the braindead.
-Buffs are short and shit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YitZ4JYZG6g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPyqxeVIztM
>>
>>337253120
thje point he was making is that you cannot two hand a pyromancer flame, idiot.
>>
>>337253292
That's a damn shame, why did they make faith so shitty?
>>
>>337252867
>it's back at the alter
I've tried reloading that area before and it wasn't there. maybe since I've killed some bosses since then it will be there.
>>
>use Vordt's hammer
>Range fucks over R 1 spammers and wide sweeps mean they can't side roll well.
>>
>>337253427
DaS2 happened. Faith was great and balanced in 1, strong in 2 but made up in cast amounts (and then got nerfed to ground after bitching). It seems like hex and regular magic got nerfed hard too, though both are still usable and start to be viable at end game.
>>
>>337251718
>27 Vig

Lmao enjoy getting one shotted by my great hammer bitch
>>
File: fsfdfs.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
fsfdfs.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>337253327
You are dense as fuck you moron, THAT is the bug

The guy is referencing the bug. The cause of the bug is that you DO two-hand the pyromancy flame, something your NOT supposed to do, and this causes the glitch where you oneshot everyone with sacred flame
>>
>>337249394
>>337250736
>>337250872
All of you are talking big shit, can you back that up though? Put your sign down at crucifixion woods bonfire. I'm waiting right here 1 on 1. You've even got major adds to help you if you decide to run.
>>
>>337252781
Thats exactly what im going to do, there are some quality miracles to be honest.

Im currently using the Aldrich Sapphire with an executioner's blade so im pretty much self sustainable with FP, then i use Replenishment for a constant regeneration and im golden.

I only use Estus for panic healing and invasions.

But yeah offensive Faith build is in a sorry state, i wish DLC to fix that because as the game currently stands i just cant encourage anyone to go balls deep on Faith and expect any meaningfull reward that isnt throwing Lightning Spears at point blank.
>>
File: hy1HPMA.jpg (195 KB, 1062x738) Image search: [Google]
hy1HPMA.jpg
195 KB, 1062x738
I'm putting this here so people can see.

>Dark Souls 3 Straight Sword Hitboxes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNCDcrHMVtk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMpJzG_dbUI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhDiALsnpTg&

For those that don't understand.

>Greatswords 1 handed swing is shorter than the Straight Sword. 2 handed swing is only 1 character longer.

>Ultra Greatswords only about 1 character longer or 1 1/2.

>Halberds are around 2 characters longer.

In short it's actually still better to use a straight swords because of its range/stamina cost effectiveness.

Picture as shown is the max range of a Straight Sword.
>>
>>337253745
>posts an image of someone 2handing talismans, which you can do, instead of pyromancy flame

HMMMMMMMMM
>>
>>337253745
he's two handing a talisman literally in your picture.

You need to use the whitehair talisman for the glitch, you cannot use the pyromancy flame because you cannot two hand it, but you can two hand talismans.
>>
man the OP's video is so fucking fun to watch
>>
>>337253745

The glitch isnt 2 handing a pyro flame moron the glitch is with sacred flame. The glitch triggers when you either 2 hand the white hair talisman(can cast pyromancys) or when you get a counter attack sacred flame while one handing the pyro flame
>>
>>337252509
Reload the area and go back to Anri's corpse. Her armour and Sword should be there.
>>
>>337246958

>Headed through the area with all the dead/sleeping giants after Pontiff
>Invaded by red spirit just as reach the area with the stairwell going up, or the ladder going down to the water storage
>Go down the ladder with a sunlight spirit, figuring the water storage will be a better place to fight than in the stairwell, also realize I can probably get some cheap shots as the red spirit comes down the ladder
>Reach the bottom of the water storage, Aldritch faithful invades as well
>Wait down the bottom with a crossbow and sunlight spirit with bombs
>Finally noticed the red spirit coming down the ladder, when the Aldritch faithful slides down and crashes into him
>Both of them start kicking and punching each other on the ladder
>Eventually cause each other to both fall and both die from the fall

I laughed for a good minute.
>>
>>337252140
Yes, DaS2 definitely has the better PvP at the moment.
>>
>>337245406
You are either dogshit at the game or a parrot if you don't think that great weapons are the superior PvP weapons right now.

I win basically every single PvP encounter with my Black Knight Greataxe +5, and the only other people I'm wary of are other people with great weapons, and maybe some spears/halberds.
>>
>>337253902
Holy shit

This explains a lot
>>
>>337253578
I did all endings in the same playthrough.

After stabbing him in the face. I killed the pilgrim for my chameleon spell and returned to Anri's corpse and "quit the game" to force a save and return to the main menu. Then I hit "continue" and when the game resumed the corpse was gone and the sword was left in its place.

Since I did all the endings in the same playthrough that means that all my bosses (even the last boss) was dead when I did the wedding.
>>
>parry spammers.
>>
>>337251627
WHAT IS PARRY

WHAT IS IT, HOW DO I USE IT?

HERPA DERPA
>>
>>337253745
it is literally a fucking talisman in the picture
>>
>>337253279
>>337253151
Next time i'll cap it for you fools, i have several fights against dualswords and darkswords and they are easy as shit.

Just memers
>>
>>337254442
What a shame, he probably could have done a lot more just spamming r1
>>
>>337246958
I did first play through with the dark infused battle axe and changed it to chaos towards the end, pyro chaos orb was taking half a player's health in pvp followed by a parry, fuck using the same shit as everyone else. People should play how they want and if you depend on using an 'op' then have fun I'd rather learn how to counter the popular builds.
>>
Straightswords are poo ,it's a meme like Drake's Sword in DaS1

No hyper armor
No range
No good damage (sans the dark sword)

Ultra weapons are the elephant in the room

Huge hyper armor Windows

No poise in game means if you get hit once,you are stunlocked in your place for the follow up,at lower SL metas this is practically 65%-75% of your HP

Unbelievable weapon arts like the one Nameless Kings Lance has

I use the Profaned Great sword and have only lost once in the last 10 games
>>
>>337252773
>>337254447
And what if you miss the parry? You just get R1 spammed without getting another chance.

You both are right on that being the best way of countering it but if you fuck up the timing then the other guy just cheeses his way through the fight.
>>
>>337254651
Darkword has Hyperarmor weapon art.
>>
>>337254791
How the fuck you gonna miss a parry when you get free parry after ever 2 hits? Shit like estoc you can just parry with a medium shield, but some trickier weapons you can use caectus. It doesn't even take skill.
>>
File: profaned spacing.webm (3 MB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
profaned spacing.webm
3 MB, 853x480
>>337254651
>people read that profaned is a good weapon to smash people with.
>but they don't put in the time to actually learn how to use the damn thing.
>>
>>337254857
only the stomp itself does,
The follow up Attack doesn't,unless of course you let him get midswing phase
>>
>>337252691

Start as a Knight if you plan on making a hybrid FAI character. If you're going for pure FAI or FAI/LKC, then choose Cleric.

Miracle buffs like Lightning Blade, Tears of Denial, Sacred Oath and Deep Protection are incredibly good, but most offensive miracles are terrible (e.g. Lightning Spear family, Emit Force, Gnaw...). Just get 30 FAI and stop there, then focus on your other stats.

If you do FAI/LCK, you can just focus on getting FAI and LCK to 30, creating a Hollow weapon and shield, getting them to +10 for a Luck boost of 10, and then just using the Anri Straight Sword along with the other Hollow weapon. You can stack a bunch of regen buffs using this combo and can take advantage of lacerating weapon and the Gnaw family of miracles. It's pretty fun and one of my favorite builds.

>>337253578

I see. I'm afraid I don't know where else to look for it, then.

>>337253427

Because people whined about them in DaSII. You could trivialize the game with Lightning Spear spam, but instead of reducing how many you could cast, they opted to just nerf the damage altogether. In order to make them damaging, but not overpowered, they decided to make it so that in order to deal full damage with a Lightning Spear, you have to hit an enemy at (practically) point blank. Personally, I think it's a dumb idea because they could have just made them consume a lot of FP rather than making them practically useless. I find it funny that they'd even try to do that considering you can still use Sorceries or Pyromancies to "trivialize" the game in the same way. I don't understand their thought process sometimes when it comes to balancing things.
>>
>>337254791
You can roll away after two hits, everytime.
>>
File: stomp ain't all that.webm (3 MB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
stomp ain't all that.webm
3 MB, 853x480
>>337255115
>that feel when you keep knocking people out of stomp
>>
>>337254983
But I do know how to actually use the damn thing
>>
>>337255115
So the Darkwraiths before Abyswalkers are gimped that way then? I remember them having full poise.

No Dorksworder ever two handed against me, so i wouldn't really know, it's from enemy experience.
>>
>>337253834
I never said I was good, just that you're garbage
>>
File: 1291845575624.png (328 KB, 478x361) Image search: [Google]
1291845575624.png
328 KB, 478x361
>join fight club
>watching the guys before me fight while i wait my turn
>all of the sudden the guy losing takes a sippy
>"AH HELL NAW"
>like a hivemind we ALL go gank up on him at the same time in response to his crap
>chase him around the map and kill him
>we all go back and have fair duels

Clubs are way better than shitty invasions
>>
>>337254983
>fight a profaned GS with my profaned GS
>we both charge R2 at each other, literally a hair of distance between us
>attacks are exactly the same timing, no one is hit, swords where paralel to each other
>i am baffled for a second, didnt move
>he starts clapping
great times

he wrecked me then afterwards.
>>
>>337254791
if you are really fighting an R1 spammer, you will get a parry off.

If you are fighting someone that only hits R1 twice, then you might be in trouble, but that means the guy has a brain.

If you don't want to parry at all, use a heavy weapon with hyper armor, and aim R1 to the spot you think he'll be at. You'll out trade him to death.

Fuck, you could just use a weapon with more range than the R1 spammer, and just counter R1, or roll L1/R1. Drang spears for example.
>>
>>337255595

You have to approach random invasions with a different mindset, though. They're more frustrating, sure, but I prefer them to fight clubs.
>>
is pc or ps4 the way to go for invasions?
>>
>>337253834
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.
>>
>>337251228
>Literally me
I wear all sunbro gear have sunlight sword and have lighting spears and lighting stake to fool people into rolling foward to get zapped,to think they were going to receive help only to get molested by the "gay master"
>>
>>337255727
I use Chaosblade or Rapier Sprint Thrust, always manages to hit them.
>>
>>337255272
I think I just fought you
With my profaned GS,
You were using one too ?
>>
>>337255595
Name one reason why drinking estus is a bad thing.
>>
>>337251228
>signs are visible different
>tricking anyone

only retards are tricked by this shit.
>>
>>337255751
>You have to approach random invasions with a different mindset, though
Fuck that, as souls games got more recognized they got filled with faggots that walk around with an armada of phantoms throughout the entire level. It baffles me how they can enjoy playing like that.
>>
>>337256041
nope, I don't even use that character any more.
>>
>>337256060

Don't bother.

Those kinds of people think Dark Souls games are pseudo fighting games
>>
>>337245406
/v/ is never ever right. I mean about anything at all ever. 90% of the user base is 13 year old memesters.
>>
>>337256196
Oh alright, we had a great duel
Both went at eeach other with charged r2s and all
>>
>>337256175
They want to have fun slaying invaders by making them easy kills.
>>
>>337256060
If you're being invaded while clearing a level its not, if you're in a fight club you're a dick for not following the unwritten rules of gentlemanly combat.
>>
>>337254442
stuff like this is even better when you're using something unparryable
>>
>>337256105
Most people playing DaS3 are brainless, so yeah...
>>
File: 1439774236049.jpg (159 KB, 450x502) Image search: [Google]
1439774236049.jpg
159 KB, 450x502
>>337256060
>>337256207
Chuggers die, because they rely on their estus.

I never lost to a chugger yet, because you can punish them with at last two hits or a backstab.

Just don't estus for your own git gud
>>
>>337256175

It feels way better when you manage to kill them all or just their host.

It's especially fun when you have Obscuring/Silvercat rings equipped and can just run and hop around the level in a big ol' goose chase, only to one-shot them with Crystal Soul Spear or Soul Stream.

I dunno, I can see why other people would hate it, but I'm totally prepared to fuck their shit up.
>>
>>337256451
I'm pretty sure healing yourself is the opposite of dying but keep thinking that buddy.
>>
>>337253026
How do you not get 1-shot by those faggots spamming caestus parries? Even at 35 vigor and heavy armor on They hit you once with their broken ads estoc or dark Sword and do 400 damage and then their riposte always kills you.
>>
>>337256451
>I never lost to a chugger yet

I believe you
>>
File: 1416749187182.png (275 KB, 527x527) Image search: [Google]
1416749187182.png
275 KB, 527x527
Just had another one

>Host is camping up in a small room outside the cathedral with a sunbro phantom, obviously trying to ambush me
>Sunbro's fat arse is sticking out the door due to his catharina set
>Blue gets summoned as well
>bail, 3vs1 in close quarters isn't in my favor
>Use a white branch and hide in plain sight, waiting for the host to open the door to the cathedral proper
>all 3 of the fuckers pass me and the host opens the door
>sprint inside, past the giant, and do taunts from the other side
>They use range attacks on the giant and somehow manage to kill it with magic or something while I go further in.
>Run pas the second giant and up the plateau, sunbro gets killed off screen by god knows what
>Blue spirit and host keep trying to get me down to their level, I respond with firebombs, arrows and magic.
>Blue has had enough and sprints past the giant up the plateau, and gets killed by me
>returning to your world, host has disconnected
>mfw still a double tongue

Kinda scummy but that's what invading is for.

>>337254272
Oh fuck, I love invader infighting. Especially if it involves purples. I have no idea why they do it either because there's nothing to gain, except for purples I guess.

>>337254635
Yeah, do whatever works man. I love dealing with unexpected builds. My jack of all trades is working out fine too. Considering getting a different weapon due to the estocs reputation, even though I use it as a close quarters back up.
>>
>>337256551
Anon is saying that if you rely less on healing, then you become better at the game.
>>
>>337256460
I dont want to give some shitter the pleasure of boasting about killing me because he and his buddies stun locked me.
>>
>>337256653
use an unparryable weapon.

you should also be good at using it/ don't use running R1s if they have a parry tool out.
>>
>>337255228
Not all the time. I don't know how the game decides to do it but sometimes I can't escape spam for 3 or 4 hits. Also the glaives are completely fucked with the r1 stun into their retarded fucking sword art. Why does that shit stun me the entire time and sometimes that one combo will kill me from 100 to 0.
>>
>>337256847

And that's ok. I personally don't care if I lose. I just like to mess with people or help out fellow invaders.
>>
>>337256985
Always.
Unless you go into the negative with your stamina by failing a parry.
>>
Who cares. Pvp is trash in the souls games. Play a real multiplayer game like cod or something you poorfag.
>>
>>337256653
vary the timing on your attacks, most people parry because "I think they're about to attack" rather than actually knowing when you're attacking. There';s a window for another attack after R1s wait longer, to do a follow up. Change how much your charge an R2, half way, just a tap, or a nearly full one, whatever. chaning up how your character attacks always helps.

see something like >>337254442
>>
>>337255403
enemy mob poise works, its player poise that does not work.

Enemy NPC poise is also broken
>>
>>337256847
If I lose then I don't mind. 4vs1 is inherently unfair. If I do manage to outwit them and kill them then shame on them right?

Having your 4 man retard crew beaten by a solo guy must hurt the ego a lot more than the other way around.
>>
>>337257173
I can be at 100 stamina and be spamming roll trying to get away and it won't work at times. Maybe it's because the game pairs me with literal tin house third world Brazilians or something and the netcode is fucked.
>>
>>337256985
I think the only time that it does not work is when the other player is a laggy fuck since the timing of rolling out and everything in general is fucked when this happens. Fuck hues that use estocs.
>>
>invading dudes in the beginning area of dragon valley
>invade someone and don't see them anywhere
>walk around for a bit and still can't see him
>stand on the rock formation in the center and debate just leaving
>move a bit and fall down onto a small ledge
>notice something else is on it
>whatthefuck
>the bastard had been laying down on this fucking ledge for 10 minutes waiting for me to leave
>we both look at each other for a few seconds before he realizes i found him
>he books it
>here we go
>chase him up towards all the monsters he didn't kill and he aggros them
>he dodges all of them and keeps running
>runs up to the ruins and aggros bighuge snake thing
>I catch up and get some attacks off but he keeps rolling away and healing like a bitch
>at this point everything in the fucking area is chasing this guy with me
>shitstorm of fireballs and sword swipes coming after him
>keeps dodging
>we do laps around the whole area until he runs all the way to the initial spawn and turns to face me
>finally
>i stand still and watch him strafe left and right until he backs up and falls off the cliff and dies

Welp
>>
>>337245406
How much INT did that guy in the video have to have his fireball do that kind of damage?
>>
File: 1401880947800.jpg (8 KB, 300x227) Image search: [Google]
1401880947800.jpg
8 KB, 300x227
Been playing for almost 40 hours and haven't beaten the game yet.
It's just like with ds2, played over 200 hours there but only completed a run three times.

I keep making new characters.
>>
>>337252269
Wow I've never had that happen Jesus what scum of the earth
>>
>>337257839
I do this a lot too. I'm at 97 hours played with only one character at the last boss, haven't killed him yet. But i have probably 20-30 hours in new characters.
>>
Why do people like the Astora Greatsword so much? Damage seems like shit if you just go heavy or refined.
It only looks good for faith and pyro players with the scaling on lighting and chaos
>>
>>337256814
And if you heal you are open for attacks, that is even more crucial.

And another very important fact, if they are in need of heal, and you know it, you clearly see they try to create distance, but a simple sprint attack will do very fine to remind him to not heal.
>>
>watching a blissfully unaware host combat a ninja skeleton from a floor above
>plunging attack only after he beats it
I'm so sorry.
>>
>>337252282
You really shouldn't if you have a regular straight sword you have speed on your side so you could bum rush them and lock them into swipe combos before the could even get there mid swing going just be careful if the have shields
>>
>>337257940
>get summoned to help a host
>think it will be to kill Aldrich
>no, I guess it's to help kill this invader
>we kill the invader
>host waves at me, walks out of the cathedral, and then kills himself

What the fuck
>>
>>337251627
R1 is your default "fast swing" why the fuck would you NOT use it? I see this complaint everywhere and I don't get it. R2 should be like a mix up or poke or something. Yeah, it's kind of annoying to get hit so much but you can

-roll away
-parry

It isn't that hard. I haven't even had trouble with Dark Sword users unless their connection is ass and they have 2000ft of range.
>>
>>337258141
Got 17 hours on my most played. Got to lothric castle and went "nah fuck that" and made a new one.
>>
>>337257839
Same here. Around 40 hours in still on my first character. I dick around too much and have a bad habit of constantly wanting to change my playstyle.
I just unlocked the kiln so I might just finish the game and start a new character like a pyro or something.
>>
I just can't stand how PvP in this literally consists of
>longsword
>estoc
>exile greatsword
Everything else is pretty much shit and outclassed. I use Pyromancy and magic switching between the two on different charscters but I never ever play against people using either of them and the ones I do just suck ass or try to to that 1hit kill glitch with sacred flame and die in the process because they're garbage memers.
>>
File: DYNAMIC ENTRY.webm (2 MB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
DYNAMIC ENTRY.webm
2 MB, 853x480
>>337258151
plunging attacks are great.
>>
>>337257651
Sounds like a retard.

>run into the ancient wyvern arena
>you can hit the invader but the invader just sees a fog wall

Worst case he already triggered the boss fight so he just homeward bones out in the 20 sec the wyvern takes to spawn.
>>
>>337258351
I like Gundyr's Halberds. You plunge it straight down into the ground and pin them.
>>
What the fuck is up with the white phantom twinks in this game?
I tried out some low level pvp for the first time on a new character and 4/5 people had white phantoms with shit from dragon land or lothric equipped.
I know sequence breaking is a thing but I have a hard time believing this many people have done that.
>>
>tfw progressing through NG+ with Dried Fingers always active
>Invaded by a dark spirit every two minutes
>see them, they see me
>oh shit a host without phantoms
>watch them salivate while [buffing intensifies]
>they sprint towards me
>warcry with greataxe
>CTHUNK
>oh, that's okay, i'll just roll an-
>CTHUNK
>dead
>repeat 5-10 times per area
It's especially satisfying when they spend a full five minutes trying to track me down and die in 30 seconds.
>>
only place I invade is the skeleton bridge outside of Wolnir.

WELCOME TO THE BONE ZONE
>>
>>337256105
Just like the devil in the middle ages, only morons fell for his ruses
>>
File: 1458413367765.jpg (40 KB, 431x415) Image search: [Google]
1458413367765.jpg
40 KB, 431x415
>put sign down in starter area
>get summoned by dude
>help him get past dragon
>find the second bonfire
>help kill the crystal lizard
>show him the way to the cell key
>guide him to greirat
>take the lift up to the shortcut
>black crystal out as i'm out of estus
It's the little things
>>
File: loldeadstoic.webm (3 MB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
loldeadstoic.webm
3 MB, 853x480
>its a estoc is unbeatable episode

mfw
>>
File: 1461769291309.jpg (99 KB, 970x990) Image search: [Google]
1461769291309.jpg
99 KB, 970x990
>>337258560
>host hides behind the fog
>>
>>337256060
If you chug during a fight club it'll get you chased around the map by the entire club until you die?

I don't know, Anon.
>>
>>337258506
all spears are like that, yeah.
but I'm still partial to things like UGS
>>
>kill the same invader three times in the catacombs
>won't stop invading me, but just HEYs and jumps off a cliff every time
>>
>>337258696
You got lucky enough to fight someone who actually tried fancy shit instead of just mashing R1 and hitting you from across the realm with its projectile hitbox.
>>
>>337258560
Keked
>>
>>337258145
It has best moveset out of all UGS. Really all of it's moves are useful. Also it's the lightest UGS.
>>
File: 1459821295762.jpg (51 KB, 359x305) Image search: [Google]
1459821295762.jpg
51 KB, 359x305
>>337253024
>Its not a skull
>its an ear
>>
>>337258547

It's only going to get more common until FROM fixes the Sword Master glitch.

The other day I invaded two other shitters in the Cathedral of the Deep with Crystal Sage staves who were passworded and were just shitting out soul arrows and rapier R1 spam at everything. I killed them, but it was unnerving to see them at first. I honestly expected to get blown to pieces by Soul Spears or something.
>>
>>337258547
Alot of people like myself run low SL builds, but it's possible they were host-summoned and leveled down as a result.
>>
>>337258806
>y-you where just lucky!
>it d-d-doesnt count FAG!

no nigga this happens every time
>>
>host has 4 MAN SQUAD for Wolnir, a boss I killed in less than 20 seconds my first try
>they all try ganking me
>kite them past fucking skeletons and HOLD MY FUCKING GROUND in front of fog wall
>mfw their 4 man gank squad has nothing on my 16 skeleton gank squad and they all die as I use the spread out gesture as my bone homies do all my work

There's nowhere else I would rather invade.
>>
>>337258917
I thought it was a fucking mask.
>>
>>337256329
I only chug when the invader chugs.

This Rule helps to beat them at the psychological warfare. He admittet defeat in one bout and it restarts again.

Thats why you shouldn't really estus, or at least not first.

Yesterday i got invaded in Undead Settlement right before the gates. He lost 3 of 4 bouts and was out of estus. Then he died because he was afraid.

Pressure is important
>>
>>337258929
What's the sword master glitch?
>>
>>337258979

You fight morons who miss time parry and use the runnign r1 too much every time?

Just doing R1 R1 back away shits on everyone
>>
Is the amount of stamina a weapon swing takes just tied to the type of weapon it is?
Like all the UGS use the same amount of stamina despite their weight?
>>
>>337258547
you get leveled down if you're summoned by password
>>
>>337253845
All they have to do is make poise relevant and all area of effect miricals will become god, currently for invading I use sunlight straight sword heavy lighting spear and lighting stake and a med heal,I usually start by throwing a lightning spear to give off a noobish vibe then I switched to lighting stake and I cast it,the second I cast it 11/10 they run for me right into the trap and get fucked and while there stunned I already have my sunlight buff so there struggle is very short
>>
File: 1377483440577.gif (646 KB, 200x153) Image search: [Google]
1377483440577.gif
646 KB, 200x153
>>337258806
>fancy shit
>dude runs away to chug and spams R1 with a single completely mistimed parry attempt thrown in there
>>
>>337258548
I did this too for a while until I got bored. Anyone with less then 1000 HP got instagibbed by that greataxe swing. Got the same guy twice in a row and he fell for it both times.

After some time it got annoying having to deal with phantoms and progressing trough NPC's at the same time.
>>
>>337259192
I think so. I was using Uchi most of the game until Ricard's dropped and I saw how little stamina it used for the same or even better damage.
>>
I went generic greatsword for my first run and I'm almost done.

Should I try a bow or a magic build next?
>>
>>337258831
It's literally the same moveset as Zweihander

Or better yet the Profaned Greatsword which has much more hyper armor,better damage and a weapon art that adds a fire buff to your weapon for 15 seconds which means a lot in a fight

Just doesn't sound much in talk
>>
File: 1438279438832.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1438279438832.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>>337258768
That plunge
>>
>>337259306
A bad parry attempt is still a parry attempt.

again the guy could have been doing r1 backstep r1 backstep or just mashing r1 by itself over and over and shot his invisible magic swords everywhere.
>>
>>337259373
Magic is pretty fun if you're just doing PvE. Luckily with all the infusions in the game you don't have to invest a shit ton into physical stats to do good melee damage.
Also you can nuke all the bosses that aren't strong against magic.
>>
>>337259450
But that's what he tried to do.
>>
File: 1402328362417.jpg (346 KB, 1104x1104) Image search: [Google]
1402328362417.jpg
346 KB, 1104x1104
>demolishing everyone with my luck+bleed build
>those panicked rolls when they realized how fast dat bleed building up
>>
>>337245406
iron flesh + sacred flame is a goofy gimmick that you fall for once

if you ever fall for it agai, you're a retard
>>
>>337258547
I beat all the bosses in my twink and mainly coop to help other. I kind of hate it when I invade and the host in NG High wall has a Twin Princes' Greatsword and other shit that is not possible even if they killed dancer 1st.
>>
>>337258768
Is the lance any good? I fucking loved it in DS 2. I haven't found it in game yet? I must have missed it.
>>
>>337259164

It's this:

>defeat Sword Master (naked uchi guy in Firelink)
>kill Emma and initiate the Dancer fight early
>summon Sword Master
>enter the boss fog
>let Sword Master get killed
>quit, then reload
>go back and summon him again
>for some reason, he will be invincible to all of the Dancer's attacks and can basically solo her for you, granting you access to Lothric Castle without doing any work

You can't access the Grand Archives, but even just having access to the castle lets you get a ton of fantastic equipment before even touching the Undead Settlement.
>>
>>337249470
>claims to be Jesus
>wields an axe instead of a hammer
FALSE MESSIAH!
>>
File: thanks from.webm (3 MB, 888x500) Image search: [Google]
thanks from.webm
3 MB, 888x500
>>337253902
Well that makes more sense now.
>>
>>337258831
only thing i don't like is the rolling R1

would've preferred if it had Zwei's rolling R1 poke instead of the rolling overhead slam
>>
File: 1461978761702.png (222 KB, 500x373) Image search: [Google]
1461978761702.png
222 KB, 500x373
>farming wolf blood grass using the Lothric long spear because I hate myself
>fighting a host and his phantom
>another watch dog is summoned and distracts the Phantom
>host is about to take a sippy
>giant crab comes out of nowhere and slam dunks him.
>>
>>337255471
you're talking mad shit like you can back it up and now you're pussing out? Typical
>>
>pop dried finger in archives
>darkspirit invades
>chameleon
>Darkmoon/Blue summoned
>watch them duel the invader for their precious cov items
>gain measly 2-5k souls per invader death
>Darkmoon finds me and stretches out

Eventually we went on a search for the last invader because he was wearing that invis at range ring. fuck that ring can be spooky.
>>
>>337258979
That guy was an obvious scrubbo, and the Estoc isn't even as good as you kids make it out to be. It's literally just casual filter.

Only scrubs use parrying shields too, there's no reason not to use a caestus or fist weapon unless you're bad.
>>
>>337259741
It's not a lance, it's a gargoyle flame spear, formt he gargoyles in the profaned capital.
There's actually three weapons in the lancer (Pike, in this game) catagory, the Pike, the Lothric Knight Longspear, and the Great Lance. They're all slower than spears, but generally are stronger or have a longer range.

>>337259424
randomly seeing people plunge attack is hilarious to me.
>>
>>337245406
>Pyromancy isnt good
>Iron flesh is one of the only ways to get poise.
>Sacred Flame one shots people.
>>
>>337259647
Post your character. I get the feeling I've played against you.
>>
>>337259568
>he pressed the attack button during the fight so that means he was spamming the attack button

no?
>>
>>337245406

It's going to be a while before I can play this game, but I heard there was a thing called dark pyromancey.

Is this a 4th magic category? What's the differences between it and hexes?
>>
>>337260440
black pyromancy attacks deal additional damage to stamina, or something.
>>
>>337260375
His moveset consists of
>walking forwards
>R1
>one single long failed attempt to parry

?????????
>>
>>337260603

Is dark still a damage type like in DaS II? I heard there was also frost too.
>>
>>337260603
They inflict physical damage so it's good for breaking poise (if it existed) and stamina.
>>
>>337259398
nope, Zweihander's rolling R1 and two hand R2 are different to Astora.

Astora has trust attack on both one hand and two hand R2.

Zwei has a poke on one hand R2 and overhead slam on two hand R2 (opposite on Profaned)

i prefer the thrust attacks cause they are quicker than the overheads.

Astora is basically a spear with UGS hyper armor
>>
File: got hard.jpg (518 KB, 1802x775) Image search: [Google]
got hard.jpg
518 KB, 1802x775
>>337253902
I was just memeing when I made this image but holy shit, it's fucking perfectly accurate
>>
>>337252173
I really underestimated those sellsword twinblades
Some guy lightning buffed them like you and just tore me a new anus
>>
>>337260654
>TWO parry attempts
>what is running attack
>calling out his entire play-style based on 25 seconds

ok
>>
Deep Soul and Great Deep Soul seem really weak and slow

Do they do something that Im not aware of?
>>
>>337260807
The spin is pretty gud to close distance with
>>
>>337252173
Are miracles worth it for lightning blade or nah?
>>
>>337260807
They can get insanely strong

I have a Bandit that uses those and a Pharis Black Bow. I'll probably beat the whole game with these weapons, nothing seems to scale better for DEX guys
>>
Does an invasion matter on what level your currently equipped weapon is? Say I have a +5 weapon and a +9 weapon. Will equipping the +5 weapon and invading put me in that bracket or does it go off of my highest level one I have on me?
>>
>>337260737
>one handing UGS
Why ?
>>
File: some would say Kosm.jpg (4 KB, 125x88) Image search: [Google]
some would say Kosm.jpg
4 KB, 125x88
>>337259123
>Try helping people out with Wolnir since he was the farthest boss I had so far and needed money
>It takes three times as long to break one bracelet, host dies to summoned skellys with 1500 health

In hindsight why would you even want to summon for that shit?
>>
File: 1381178950457.jpg (19 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1381178950457.jpg
19 KB, 400x400
>>337260848
Why are you getting offended?
What are you trying to defend?
Do you personally only know to R1? Is this why?

I don't give a shit what playstyle they use, but this guy objectively mashes R1. There's nothing fancy about it, and nothing wrong, it's just objectively what he does.
>>
>>337253024
youre wasting your time, lightning blade/gmw do the exact same damage
>>
>>337260807
i find the weapons that has weapon art spin that you can combo from an R1 are really really good and can often kill someone from the combo.
>>
>>337260856

Deep Soul is shit, but Great Deep Soul is, as the name describes, great. You can cast two simultaneously and they track pretty well, especially at a distance. I use them in fight clubs along with Great Farron Dart and Crystal Hail to catch bad rolls and run attempts. They're a lot better to use in that environment than Soul Arrows/Spears because they're not as FP-costly.

Also, I still use them outside of Fight Clubs when hosts or phantoms try to run away at low health. Like I said, it tracks really well and then speeds up, so they only get better the further away you are.
>>
>>337261106
R1 is the fucking attack button you mong.

"WAAAH THE ATTACK BUTTON KILLS PEOPLE!" no shit retard
>>
>>337261070
Your R1 is faster when you only use one hand.
>>
>>337259226
Does this make your high level weapons unusable?

What if I'm using smoughs hammer and get summoned into a lv 20?
>>
>>337261209
did you read his post or?
>>
>>337260940

Miracle buffs are amazing. Lightning Blade, Darkmoon Blade, Deep Protection, Tears of Denial-- Honestly, miracles would be completely terrible if not for the fact that they have excellent buff spells.
>>
File: CantEstusThis.webm (3 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
CantEstusThis.webm
3 MB, 800x450
>>337260807
That's because it has the fastest starter combo of R1 L2 R2 in any weapon. If you get hit R1, chances are, you lost already.

In fact, if you do live, you can't estus after since you can't out-heal the damage that will be done to you again.
>>
>>337261242
That just means you get less hyperarmor frames,it's a bad thing.

Both are slow as shit
1 is a little less slower but without the added protection
>>
>>337261298
Duh? And he's complaining about "R1 mashing" Did you read his post, stupid?
>>
>>337261007
Weapon Memory. You can sell the weapon, discard it, trade it or store it but once you have a +9 you are always in that bracket until you use a slab to create a +10/+5 and enter the final bracket.
>>
>>337245406
Had a really great invasion last night. Was 4v2. The other red and I managed to kill a blue, two whites, host, and yellow during the entire shit show.
Whittled them down slowly. I got a shield break on the yellow to kill him while other red gets the blue. Right as I parry the white and finish him off, I got a host destroyed message. Other red and I point each other.
Good times.
>>
File: 0525.png (306 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
0525.png
306 KB, 700x700
>>337248824
DO
YOUR
F U C K I N G
JOB!!!
>>
>>337254635
Yeah man, fuck the system! Viva la revolution man
>>
>>337260940
The only miracles I use with that build is Tears of Denial and Lightning Blade. But the other miracles are good as well, if they are buff miracles.
>>
>>337261392
Hyperarmor doesn't matter when you catch somebody when he doesn't expect it.
>>
>>337261106
The fact that you only saw 1 parry attempt in that webm shows you have a very base level understanding for the PVP in this game.

Where you see him "mashing R1" is when it's more than likely to hit twice (at close range, during and after a roll).

There's no reason not to do that in that situation with a plethora of weapons, not just the Estoc. Try educating yourself further before presenting an argument.
>>
>>337261431
>There's nothing fancy about it, and nothing wrong
>>
>>337245406
I dont get the pyromancy hate either
I beat the nameless king with naught but a scratch because i just kited him around the arena throwing fire at him
>>
>>337261257

If it's anything like Bloodborne, it'll just scale down your damage and health rather than your actual stats.
>>
>>337261535
Which is a pretty long shot since you can see UGS swings coming an entire era before it actually hits
>>
File: 1458962749831.jpg (166 KB, 498x1493) Image search: [Google]
1458962749831.jpg
166 KB, 498x1493
>invading
>either get ganked or enemy disconnects as soon as you drop get their HP low
>>
>>337261101
Depends on the host. I did some coop on that boss yesterday and my 1st run was over in less than 30 sec. The run with 3 phantoms + host ended in 2 phantoms dead and host dead. Most of the time it goes fast but it was mainly casters and clueless people that made it long.
>>
>>337261669
>drop get
wow i need sleep
>>
>>337261584
>I'm going to floor them by attempting to relate to their beliefs in hopes that I come off educated on the matter after getting served.

You just fell for like the number one Jew tactic bro.
>>
File: hhg.jpg (40 KB, 800x441) Image search: [Google]
hhg.jpg
40 KB, 800x441
>Simple Caestus
>Wolnir's Holy Sword
>60 FTH

Pic related, it's me.
>>
>>337261436
Well that sucks. I have 6 +10 weapons and I thought just putting them into my bottomless box would allow me to invade in different brackets with other weapons. Time for a new dude then.
>>
File: 1462552930937.webm (2 MB, 1644x924) Image search: [Google]
1462552930937.webm
2 MB, 1644x924
>trying to max aldrich at 120
Fuck you and your fight clubs, do this elsewhere
>>
File: my face right now.jpg (64 KB, 673x505) Image search: [Google]
my face right now.jpg
64 KB, 673x505
>>337261663
If you're going to argue that way, you might as well never use any weapon with a longer windup than the Dagger, as you could be parried easily.
>>
Why do people say Chaos Bed Vestiges is best pyro? I'm running Chaos Fireball and it seems a lot better, the lava catches a lot of people off guard and it has way more range.

Also, what's the highest level I can play at while still having AF be super active? I really want to level but I also like invading so fast I can't even take my covenant off if I want to.
>>
>>337260091
I hide out right outside of pontiff with that ring beside one of the dead giants and wait for hosts to run past before I great arrow their ass into the other two shits fun as fuck when it works
>>
>>337261560
He's objectively mashing R1. That's the playstyle most people use in all of the Souls games. If you think there's any thought behind the bestoc guy's way of playing in that webm, you gotta be blind man.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 87

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.