[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would you fix about this game for it's final release?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 41
File: B1-zfpSIEAEnpyw.jpg (11 KB, 600x323) Image search: [Google]
B1-zfpSIEAEnpyw.jpg
11 KB, 600x323
What would you fix about this game for it's final release?
>>
>>336961465
Your shit grammar
>>
>>336961630
>your
>>
Gameplay
> make ultimate charge restart at death
> more game types (capture flag, death match etc...) or atleast let us choose between the available ones
> have bigger game modes available (6v6 could be competitive/ranked and maybe a 10v10 or 8v8 optional style)

>torj's turrets lock too quickly
>Mei freezes too quickly/has too much health. She's a little too durable
>Bastion is a pub stomper
>Diminishing returns for multiple Lucio healing buffs

> can't check lobby stats after/during a match

The easiest fix is the lobby stats, I want to know who's doing what
>>
Make it easier to mute faggots with microphones.

You're not even talking, I don't want to hear you eating and getting yelled at by your mom
>>
>>336962202
Also, atleast give us some way of identifying the range for dva's ult.

There's been a few times where I didn't bother moving because I was so far away
>>
>>336962202
>make ultimate charge restart at death
I don't know why people think this is a good idea. All it would do is make games even more one sided since the losing side suddenly can't build ANY momentum while the winning side has ult after ult.
>>
>>336962202
>> make ultimate charge restart at death

One thing I like is that if you ultimate fails too soon, or you die preparing it, the game gives you a chance to use it again. I would say keep that factor at least.
>>
>>336961465
Add career stats with each character and stuff
>>
>>336961465
Fitness Mei skin
>>
Better use of colors to identify teams.
I get that theres a bit of an outline to help distinguish teams, but man how often I shot at a teammate of the same character as an enemy during a firefight. Just do the Red/Blue color scheme like Team Fortress
>>
>>336961465
Hero fixes. They all need tweeking for better, or worse
Ctf mode, horde mode
One hero per team. No doubleups
Fix the fucking potg horseshit
>>
>>336961465
Let me rocket/sticky jump and it's an instant buy desu
>>
This is one of the best betas i've played in a while.

My only complaint is movement is pretty slow.
>>
>>336962390
Just put a wall between you and the mech. Treat as if you can see it, you are most likely in danger
>>
>>336961465
Weaken Bastion's Turret mode slightly.

Enough to make it so only idiots charging forward are free kills, anyone who gets pelted by him has a decent enough time to back off and the other teammates have to help him end people.
>>
>>336962202
>make ultimate charge restart at death
Worst idea, but a 25% total subtraction would be something to try out.

>turrets lock too quickly
They lock once then will keep on you even if you pop in an out of corners. I can long-range poke out a turret as Tracer, you're doing something wrong
>Mei is too durable
I agree, but she's at the point where reducing her health would do too much damage overall.
>Bastion is a pub stomper
flank, stun, snipe, genji, d'va
>Diminishing returns for multiple Lucio buffs
Good
>>
>>336962630
>Let me rocket/sticky jump and it's an instant buy desu
Junkrat can sticky jump with his concussion bomb
>>
>>336962580
Play of the game definitely needs to be fixed, I've done way more impressive shit for it to be overshown by a guy getting two kills.
>>
>>336962669
pretty much this

but i don't think the movement is that slow, if anything it's the same as tf2
>>
>>336962510
Thats the reason people want it like that. They get buthurt that the can be wipped do easily after dominating. Fuck em
>>
>>336961465
D.VA's mech needs to respawn faster It blows up I felt like.
>>
>>336962332

It is easy. You press P and then there is a list of your teammates you can mute.
>>
>>336962725
i think it's entirely random

does it really matter anyway? main concern should be winning lol
>>
>>336962630
Pharah can rocket jump but the physics make it not worth it for the health lost. She gets a rocket boost on CD to make up for that, but if she has a shield then doing things like shooting a wall while in the air to quickly reposition is viable.
>>
>>336961872
>you are shit grammar
>>
the constant crashing
>>
>>336962724
You can "rocket jump" with pharah's concussion blast, but it's shit and the cooldown is infinitely long.

Same for jr, It isnt nearly as good as demoman's, and the cooldown is so long that you cant make use of chaining them.
>>
>>336962685
Best fix for bastion.
>Longer transform time. Not heaps, just a fraction
Along with either
>Less range on turret
Or
>Windup time on turret
>>
>>336962915
No transform time but I like the windup.
>>
>>336962710
I am sick of people trying to tell people how to counter bastions. Everytime they treat it as a 1v1 which is rarely the case
>>
by banning retarded players
>>
>>336962759
And make it even harder to regain momentum when your team is getting stomped! The perfect solution to a game that already features incredibly one sided matches!
>>
I reckon Lucio and Bastion are likely gonna be nerfed in some way. Lucio is very powerful, in the sense that he can fill the roles of other support heroes to a satisfactory degree. His healing is good, he can tank decent damage when he's got regen on, and his speed up ability brings people into battle faster. His weapon is a bit on the shitty side, but it's still perfectly decent, even one on one.

I'd say there's a chance that Junkrat and Mei will also get nerfed.
>>
>>336962836
It's more like a frustration thing that keeps boiling up after each one you have to sit and watch. Plus the retards getting them think they are uselful
>>
>>336961465
i would like it if viral marketers would stop spamming 4chanz for feedback.
>>
File: 1389839865962.gif (180 KB, 375x375) Image search: [Google]
1389839865962.gif
180 KB, 375x375
>ctrl+f bastion
>5 results
>>
>>336962983
Its about 1.5 seconds at the moment. Im thinking more 2 seconds. Just enough so they cant easily escape a counter barrage. Then they wouldnreally have to think about placement like torbys turrets
>>
>>336962864
Again, it's shit and slow

I want to fly across the map pulling mercy with me
>>
>>336963048
Think you missunderstood. I agree with leaving ults as is (keep after death)
>>
>>336961465
Remove soldier 76 and Zarya, and bar bastion from getting PotG
>>
Shit game rips off all shooters and its going to get fucking boring after awhile. Also its fucking blizzard they'll ruin everything about it in someway you fucking watch.
>>
>>336963418
Make 76s heal are smaller and slightly slower recovery rate. At this point he is essentially a healer class
>>
>>336962440

Because completely shutting down a team for 5 minutes just to have them all press Q and take the first point is fucking stupid.
>>
>>336962759
Well they already have a thing like that where it'll give a percentage back but still making it reset on death would make it seem special to get one.

You can literally get an ult without doing anything if you run around Long enough
>>
>>336963530
I just dislike seeing 10% of all players playing like it's BO3. He's way too bland to be in the game and yet is still fairly powerful.
>>
Lobby/Game Mode selection. I'd play KotH all day if I could. Also, it would make it easier to stick with people you enjoyed playing with too.

I'd like a vote kick system too, but that would probably never happen.

Only balance change I'd like is a slower ult charge overall. It should be a hard decision when you it, not just something you throw out and get a minute later.
>>
>>336962580
>one hero per team
And then comes /v/
>my shit team mate wouldnt get off WM so i could play her.
>he didnt everything the way i would have
>9/10 - IGN too much water
>>
>>336963534

You should be prepared for that
>>
>>336962669
Half the heroes can use the map to get around and for everything else, theres lucio
>>
>>336963534
Being the team that gets absolutely shit on because someone snowballed with an ult would be pretty fucking dumb too.
>>
File: 350px-Reaper-portrait.png (139 KB, 350x336) Image search: [Google]
350px-Reaper-portrait.png
139 KB, 350x336
>>336961465
>Longer games/game modes, such as mutliple objectives to hold, perhaps fighting over the same payload pushing it back and forth, but they've already hinted that they want to do this

>Bastion 1sec windup on gatling gun + more deviation/spray
>Mei freezing takes 0.5 sec longer, reduce health by 25
>No hero stacking
>Bjorn's turrets have a small turn rate, don't lock instantly
>+50 shield/yellow hp on Pharah
>D.va can shoot during E
>Winston's jump pack does 100 damage (instead of 50) on landing
>Winston's barrier lasts until destroyed/replaced (rather then duration)
>Widowmaker venom mine does 100 total dmg, instead of 75
>Widowmaker hook is 8sec cd instead of 12
>Reaper's Wraith Form should be able to pass through walls
>>
>>336962880
Your computer is the problem here.
>>
>>336962915
Add a cd to his heal. It has no activation time and no cd and heals faster than mercy. That needs some toning down.
>>
I want a fucking server list, is that so hard to make Blizzard?
>>
>>336962867
>That'sTheJoke.jpg
>>
>>336962836
No, faggot.

The best fucking play should be shown. If I play a game well, I should be rewarded in some way other than retarded cosmetics.
>>
>>336963658
To be fair, thats the point of him. To grab then cod/bf bucks. To remove him would be silly. Just nerf him and he would be fine
>>
>>336963854
>buff everyone I main, including reaper

kek. no.
>>
Mei NEEDS to be changed.
>>
>>336963534
Brink died in days because the multiplayer matches were too one sided. It's very important to give the losing side a way to fix it. If you're really stomping that hard, it shouldn't be difficult to regain the point since if you've been winning, you should have ults ready too! You're acting like the way it is now makes every game go "Team A pops 6 ults, wiping team B and taking the point. Team B waits for ults to charge and then pops them all, taking back the point. Repeat forever." when this simply doesn't happen.

And even if that WAS the case, several characters are hard counters to that strategy. Mercy and Zenyatta's ults, along with Mei and Reaper having regular moves that give them enough protection time to survive that.
>>
>>336963540
Id agree that the regen rate of it is too fast. They shouldnt remove it though, just slow it down for the offensive ults like hanzo
>>
>>336961465
Give Zenyatta more health, he makes a good battle medic.
>>
>>336963928
It definitely has activation time, about a second.
>>
One character per team. No more 6 Torbjorns or Bastion Teams
>>
>>336963065
I find Zenyatta way more useful than Lucio but thats just me. I dont play Lucio very well, if a skilled player did, they could dominate the game easily.
>>
>>336963928
I would remove it and replace with somthing else
>>
>>336962669
I agree, I keep forgetting that it's a beta and that actually makes me like it more; they don't seem to be shipping an unfinished game, and that's a nice departure from things like battlefront. Looking forward to seeing how / whether they balance some of the more overpowered or underpowered heroes. For a beta the heroes aren't grossly unbalanced desu.
>>
>>336963756
Ok, how about a decrease in exp if more than one char is used for too long?
>>
>>336963976
The problem with play of the game is that it really only takes multi kills into account.
>>
>>336963976
So what would a POTG award you?
>>
>>336963854
>No hero stacking

>Wanting to ruin monkey trouble
>>
>>336963679
>slower ult charge overall
D.va would be beyond useless,
>>
>>336964310
Gold
>>
>>336962836
not when a mei 5k or well timed mercy ult that wins the game gets overshadowed by a 2k junkrat ult
>>
>>336964419
For more cosmetics?
>>
Give zenyatta +25 shields.

Buff his healing orbs to 35/40 health per second. Let him split healing orbs up to two targets, each healing half it's full rate. Zenyatta is the weakest healer right now.
>>
>>336964419
I don't like the idea of POTG giving an award. It would encourage people to play characters designed to get it. We'll see a LOT less Mercys, for example, if POTG gave a reward.
>>
>>336964453
Literally nothing else to gove
>>
>>336962390
I recall seeing the explosion indicator change from red to yellow as I moved away, maybe it's an indicator of safe distance?
>>
>>336964517
I think he's healing is pretty good as it is. The ability to split heal would be nice though. He is pretty balanced since his attack capabilities are pretty strong, but it'd be nice if he had more health.
>>
>nerf Bastion
>nerf Hanzo's ultimate
>buff Poointheloo

Done.
>>
Buff Symmetra. Make it so she has something to actually do in a fight after she's popped her shields and turrets.
>>
>>336961465
12v12
>>
>>336964769
How to six symmetra.
Fast ult recovery
White wash that indian shitskin
>>
Have you ever seen the attacking team win in attack/defense?
Every time I get that mode the defenders win.
>>
File: 1462720769204.png (369 KB, 861x898) Image search: [Google]
1462720769204.png
369 KB, 861x898
>le nerf Bastion
>>
Remove symmetra. Just put her out of her misery already. She is awful
>>
Nerf Bastion
Nerf Ults
Nerf Turrets
Nerf defensive based gameplay
>>
>>336964951
You need to really collab with your team.and just bumrush all at once
>>
File: 1455254591689.jpg (71 KB, 900x580) Image search: [Google]
1455254591689.jpg
71 KB, 900x580
>>336964985

highest winrate in the beta

git gud
>>
>>336961465
You can't really fix it when its beyond repair. The ONLY good thing this game has for itself is the characters. Everything to do with gameplay is babbys first fps tier trash.
>>
Add tons of more unique character-to-character dialogue. Blizzard knows all this game has is it's quirky array of characters, I wish they'd go all out on that
>>
>>336964953
Your scrub character WILL get nerfed. Prepare to get mad
>>
>>336964561
They should add new skills and weapons you could buy. Good ones cost more money.
>>
>>336965134
>>336965085
confirmed
>>
File: 1457423449509.png (34 KB, 838x302) Image search: [Google]
1457423449509.png
34 KB, 838x302
>>336965152

not likely
>>
>>336965076
I thought her win rate was really high due to how good she was pre-nerfs? Does she still have the highest win rate this patch?
>>
>>336963854
No. DVA's defense matrix is meant to protect your allies from projectiles. You can be perpendicular to your allies to protect them. What I want is that you can jetpack while using the defense matrix
>>
Make Commends actually mean something in pub/competitive matches
>1-5 credits per commend.
>Epic cards get a 25 credit bonus, Legendary cards get a free lootbox.
>If you don't commend before the personal stats screen, you will commend a random card.
>You cannot commend yourself, nor commend those in your stack in pub matches, unless that would lead to you being unable to commend anyone.
>>
>>336961465
FOV, for starters.
>>
>>336961465
Make Bear traps one shot
>>
>>336965152
Why don't they just give his gun a slight windup time?
>>
>>336965229
>Pharah getting nerfed
Fuck. At least give her more fuel or lower her jetpack's cooldown if you're doing that.
>>
>>336961465
Minor balances for each hero first then work on the connections. When ever someone leaves a game it takes AGES for it to find someone else to fill in.

As for heroes, the changes I can think of are quite wide spread.
-Bastion needs damage to distance fall off, he should not be able to just spam insane damage across the map.
-Hanzo's ult should widen as normal then shrink down to vanish. Its insane it can wipe entire teams through walls.
-Junkrat needs to do half or no damage with his trap, it's good enough that it stops people.
-Mei shouldn't be able to freeze someone again so soon after freezing them once, should rely more on teamwork.
-Torbjorn's sentry should have range limits and a slow turn instead of snapping instantly to look at who is in its possible view.
-McCree's fan the hammer is retarded for someone that is a sharpshooter, reduce the damage a bit on it.
-Tracer needs a higher cooldown on her rewind.
-Symmetra either needs her turrets to take two hits to kill OR have her shields increased to 50.
-D.Va's bullet shield needs to last a little bit longer or absorb incoming damage that could possibly boost her damage for a short time?
-Reidhart's E needs to have it's collision widened a little bit.
-Winston needs to either have his electric arc range increased or have the damage increased slightly OR boost the damage of his ult. It's a massive Gorilla going ape shit, it should not take more than two punches to kill a Hanzo.
-Zarya just needs to be scrapped altogether, her shields are easily telegraphed, short as hell, has very little impact and the damage fall off time on her weapon is just retarded,
>>
File: 1462661671223.jpg (878 KB, 845x904) Image search: [Google]
1462661671223.jpg
878 KB, 845x904
slight changes to d.va

tentative:
reduce hitbox for headshots on d.va - tank class yet with such a huge head hitbox the armor benefit is canceled out

change ultimate slightly - either less apparent explosion with smaller radius or faster explosion but not quite as deadly

heroes never die - rezs a useless d.va in human form who will probably die again, should probably at least resurrect in mech.

changes to Mei

ice wall shouldn't block team mates - some trolling happening occasionally. To balance make it see through also.

changes to Symmetra

energy bubble can be held on holding right click rather than auto releasing it when fully charged

changes to winston

knockdown 1 enemy when you leap ability
enrage buffs self armor or ignores enemy armor

soldier 76: passive improved running speed rather than as an ability. give new ability.

zenyatta +100 more energy shield since he will die instantly anyhow. Maybe passive energy shield regen even in combat instead?

Mercy: no idea but beam flat damage buff seems kinda useless in most cases, sure its great for burst and for when mercy isn't busy healing, but most mercy are running around like mad healing or they are probably dead

Lucio: wall running is cool but there isn't too many decent walls to do it on, plus its fairly easy for people to still kill you on walls

rest of the characters seemed ok.
>>
>>336964678

Soldier 76 heals more than zenyatta. Lucio heals at 40% rate, but it's passibe and has huge aoe. Amp it up makes him heal at the same rate as zenyatta, still in a huge range.

His offensive focus with his orbs don't fit the frailest hero in game. He can be one shot by a widowmaker 100% bodyshot, which is super easy and fast. His damage dealing tells the player to be agressive with him, but he can't ever go into open field, or he's going to be instagibbed for being a high priority target for being a healer. Healers shouldn't ever be the frailest hero in game. See RTCW, wolf ET and TF2.

His ult also doesn't fit him. His ult is medium range aoe around him, yet his gameplay style is being far back, out of range of assassins.
>>
>>336965395
>Huge ass mech has a huge hit box
No shit you fucking faggot
>>
>>336961465
Considering I can't play because of latency issues, that.
>>
>>336961465
remove utimates.
>>
>>336963854
>Buffing reaper
Nice try every faggot ever
>>
>>336964062
>It's very important to give the losing side a way to fix it
Casuals everyone.
>>
>>336965417
Zen is one of the best healers though he's not easy to use to get his numbers out though.
>>
There should be a way to distinguish if the shout from someone activating their ultimate is from your team or the opponent.
>>
>>336965339
The idea is that his turret is only super useful as an ambush after the scrub tier. Give him a windup and he's suddenly garbage at ambushing and worthless at all levels of play.
>>
A lot of things seem like mistakes at the first step. Depending on how deeply the engine has things like tickrate and FOV ingrained, you may just need to take all the assets, scrap everything else, and start again.
>>
>>336961465

Hanzo needs improvements relative to McCree and Widowmaker, but snipers across the board need a nerf regarding bodyshot damage. Widowmaker needs a slight ult nerf to make 2x'ing with her in pubs not completely infuriating.

Bastion doesn't need a nerf alone, but some sort of mechanical change that rewards him for relocating.

Map development needs to be the first creative addition made to the game, games like this live and die by map and gamemode variety.

Overtime nerf overall to better balance defense and offense.

Zenyatta needs a redesign so that they can justify giving him longer orb timers, doesn't matter if it's a nerf or buff at this point.

Player rankings need a total redesign so that people actually end up where they need to be. Seasons need to be extended past 1 month because that's a dead on arrival idea.

Thoughts?
>>
>>336965395
>change ultimate slightly - either less apparent explosion with smaller radius or faster explosion but not quite as deadly
What about a larger radius, faster explosion with less damage but radiation poisoning to everyone hit that does a lot of damage over time
>>
>>336965436
im not talking about her mechs hitbox, i mean the head hitbox is 3 times the size of everyone else which neutralizes the use of having a shit ton of armor. What is the point of armor is if she has the same effective health of someone with a smaller head hitbox but no armor?
>>
More modes. Two modes is fucking pathetic.

At the very least add FFA. I hate having to rely on braindead teammates.
>>
Increase overall moving speed.
>>
>>336965505
>I want to stomp everyone while the other team just whines and rages and can't do anything about it!
I think you might be the casual here.
>>
File: its high noon.gif (818 KB, 500x359) Image search: [Google]
its high noon.gif
818 KB, 500x359
>when you're good enough at McCree to have fun with him
>>
>>336961465
lower some fire rates and damage for some and have it where guns wont hit at certain distance

add more paths on certain maps
>>
>>336961465
The price point. Should be F2P.
>>
>>336964062
Yeah but that's what the incredibly
Long walk back timers are for. They can literally cap a point before you can run back on some of the maps. That's shit
>>
>>336961465
Remove Mei

But in all seriousness allow me to shoot while she is freezing me, so I'm not instantly fucked whenever they get close

I'd also rework Symetra or however you spell it, she seems to be the most useless by far, and Hanzo's hitboxes need some work too
>>
>people think this game can ever git gud
kek, enjoy your SFM material, its the only good thing to come from this junk
>>
>>336965737
>on fire almost every game
>mercys on my dick
>teammates even cheering me on ocassion
Is there ever a reason not to use McCree?
>>
>>336964985
>Go Symmetra
>Hippidy hop around an enemy and they can't do shit about me draining their health.
>Constantly getting PotM as her, wracking up 3 to 4 kills at a time, more if its involving turrets.
>"WAAAAH! THERES A HERO I SUCK BALLS AT! REMOVE IT!"
>>
>>336965523

I love zen, but he's not anywhere near one of the best healers. lucio has better numbers, mercy is a better pocket medic. Zenyatta biggest strength really is the discord orb, but mercy also has a weaker versin of that. He also has absolutely zero mobility, and only his ultimate gives him some kind of escape (which shouldn't be used like that)
>>
>>336965858
Junkrat is in the game.
>>
>>336965152
Honestly I can see huge nerfs coming for many classes.

-Bastion will probably get a rev time and damage falloff like McCree.
-Roadhogs self heal/hook range is going to take a hit.
-I can just feel Rienhardts shield taking a hit since its become the GOTO for payload escorts.
-Solider 76 will probably get dropoff damage as well.
-Since Blizzard doesn't allow fun, Lucio stacking will be a thing of the past soon.
-Junkrat's pill spamming is gonna get DESTROYED. It is probably one of the most unbalanced things in the game at the moment.
-Tracer's pistols completely annihilate people up close. Shes probably considered the most overpowered character in the game because of this.
-Monkey Trouble doesn't need to aim to hit stuff with his gun, will probably require the player to look at the target.
-Poo in loo will have her right click slightly nerfed again.
-Mei will probably do less damage with M1, that way you cannot one shot someone with M2.
-I feel that Widowmaker will get her charge rate increased slightly, she can be game halting in goodhands/aimbooter hands.
-Hanzo's 1/3rd charge arrow doing full damage.

Everything else seems balanced.
>>
>>336965229
"People don't like it but we know we are totally right in this!"
Sure sounds like Blizzard.
>>
>>336965737
>when you're good enough at McCree to have fun with him
>when you're good enough at McCree
>when you're good enough
>good enough
>at McCree

>Press E > alt fire
>Kill anyone 1v1

>Press Q in a not totally retarded position > victory
>>
>>336961465
1) Increase tick rate to at least 64, preferably 128 like esea servers

2) Rework all auto-aim abilities and weapons and replace them with abilities that at least require you to aim

3) Nerf roadhog's ultimate radius, it's slightly too big.

4) Give D'va a purpose besides her ultimate

5) Remove Bastion

6) Remove Torbjörn

7) Increase time to freeze from Mei's m1 by 1 - 1.5 seconds

That's all
>>
>>336965229
Pharah has high damage? Since when? Sure if she direct hits, but shes easily countered since she just floats there
>>
>>336966005
shitters gonna shit
>>
>>336966005

more like "shitters need to get good and learn the game"
>>
Increase movement speed slightly
Option to play with more than 6 people on the team
More game modes
Choosable game modes
>>
>>336965936
>Nerfing junk rat
fucking why if anything he is one of the few balanced characters.
>>
>>336962983
>>336962915
He's already basically the heavy from TF2, take some inspiration from him. Windup is the best fix for his considerable damage, the heal should operate like the sandwich (makes you exceptionally vulnerable while you channel the heal but heals for quite a bit on a long cooldown). Those changes make his ultimate feel that much stronger, the movement and the unstoppable damage he puts out in tank mode would feel awesome.
>>
>>336965651
>giving power ups to the losers
Naw go play mario kart if you want that kind of casualiztion
>>
>>336961465
double movement speed
less autoaim trash
add tdm
>>
>give zenyatta 25 more hp and increase the healing his orb does
>reduce mei's hp by 25 and increase total freeze time because w+m1 should not freeze someone in 1 second
>fix roadhogs hook so people will end directly in front of him, ive missed kills and seen kills missed because an off-center hook will have people land to his right/left, nerf the self heal
>nerf tracer in 1 of 2 ways, either 2 charges/longer cooldown on blink or her recall doesnt restore hp
>maybe bump her pistol damage down, a swift skirmisher shouldnt have the burst of fucking mccree with half the downtime
>give a slight bullet spread on bastion or a rev up time, even though he is meant to be dealt with by phara/genji, a stream of fucking 20 damage bullets prevents that. give him his shield back, reduce his hp and call it a day
>symmetras teleporter has 10 charges instead of 6, increase range on primary weapon and either attach a small heal over time on her shield, or increase the value. more damage on sentries, even 3 of them can barely dent any non-200 hp character
>torbjorn can use scrap to build the turret to level 3 which functions the same as current ult turret with less hp, ult buffs it to level 4 and makes it much stronger. to compensate, give it tracking time and not infinite range
>widowmaker takes a charge rate hit, seriously it goes from 0-100 in a fucking second who thought this was okay
>make D.Vas fucking mech more useful for things besides ult. shes actually better outside it
>fix reinhardts charge hitbox, drop shield hp to 1500, change ult to a rectangle instead of a cone

there fixed
>>
File: 1445713509287.jpg (29 KB, 400x324) Image search: [Google]
1445713509287.jpg
29 KB, 400x324
>raping the enemy team as Torbjorn
>Reinhardt bro shielding me and my turret
>"Well done my diminutive Swedish friend!"

I laughed hard.
>>
>>336966283
>That reinhardt change
Fucking this
>>
are tanks still walking ultimate generators? if yes why isn't ult charging % based damage rather than flat damage dealt

also base movespeed is shit, you can't rocket/grenade jump either

make ults go to 0% on death so the game isn't an ultfest every minute or two and they actually matter somewhat when they happen

also rework all the free kills ultis because they're shitty design and do nothing but reward bad players for existing
>>
>>336966180
He is one of my favs to play as but everything he does, even dying, does damage, I feel he needs to be toned down just a small amount. Maybe make the trap change so that they take, say, 25% more damage from Junkrat whilst trapped instead of just straight up damage?
>>
>>336965883
Zen would shit all over the other healers if he could have more than one orb.

Maybe make his harmony and discord orbs eat four or five off his ammo pool when they're deployed and allow him to deploy as many as his ammo can sustain.
>>
all these overwatch threads do is make my miss my firefall bastion
>>
A server list.
>>
>>336965229
Ok how about this for bastion. Remove heal and replace with a temp shield like pink haird lady for pro gaming. Add windup for pup gaming.
Would that work?
>>
Fix Play of the Game or remove it entirely. It's a complete waste of time currently.
>>
>>336966409
Nigga a bear trap dealing damage makes sense they fucking walk into it. If anything it needs to do more then 80 because thats nothing to some characters. Him dying dealing damage also only appiles to fucking retards maratydom almost never kills unless you're in a cluster fuck. He is a explosive and trap expert of course everything he do does should do damage.
>>
>>336966416

Not really. If he split two orbs, he would have a 10% healing advantage approximately over lucio on two targets. And lucio can heal all 5 at the same time.
>>
>>336966283
>torbjorn buff
Don't be fucking retarded.
>>
>>336966397
they don't seem to ult that often desu
>>
>>336965362
I don't need more fuel. I need roofs to be patheable terrain. Pisses me off to no end.
>>
>>336966212
This is a casual teamfps you dip
>>
>>336966609
found the shitter
>>
>>336966575
I don't like how random some of the play of the games are but occasionally they look cool.

I got one as Mercy yesterday - I have no idea how.
>>
>>336966212
>Making the match more difficult means it is casualized

Really?
>>
A lot, personally.

I'm trying to explain to some friends and put into words the issues I have with the game, but it's difficult.

I feel like game mechanics may be too fast. The cart moves really fast. The cart starts moving backwards really fast. The time limits are too short and that combines with another issue, how choke point heavy and prone to snowballing rolls the maps are, to make a game that ultimately feels unsatisfying upon defeat and not that much better on victory.

This fast pace awkwardly clashes with the low movement speed of the characters too, and I think it's because the maps are actually small but they're using vertical spaces and slow movement speeds to cover that aspect up.

The flow of the game seems to be what I find most wanting. I've played for a dozen hours every day almost and in that time I've seen an egregious amount of 100-0 games. This is an issue. The vast majority of games should not be insurmountable losses for one side or the other. You don't learn anything from trying to get through Hanamura's gate while a Bastion sits behind a Reinhardt with Mercy on the point yknow.

I don't know /how/ I'd fix it, but I think it all needs a looking at and tightening up.

Maybe it's the small team size that makes wipes and uncounterable pushes so common.

Maybe it's the scarcity of accessible Health Packs. Most of the ones I remember are nearby are always in line of sight to the enemy front.

I realized this morning when playing that I wondered at the end of almost every match
> "What the fuck could this enemy team have done to stop my team from winning?"
or
> "What the fuck could my team have done to stop them?"
>>
>>336966361
>Hooking all day erry day as Roadhog
>Save a Junkrat right before he dies by hooking and killing the enemy
>Junkrat says "I knew I kept you around for a reason"

I wish there was more interaction between characters during gameplay because it's fun to hear
>>
>>336966609
At least with torbjorn you can escape from the turret easily. Not so much with a bastion
>>
>>336966603

zenyatta has the 2nd highest dps in the game and will probably never get a health or healing buff unless they nerf discord orb. Even now he's borderline overpowered and is only balanced by being glass
>>
>>336966750
Im sure there will be more added when more comics/lore is made. Like the snipers scar in tf2
>>
File: 1399352904093.jpg (63 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1399352904093.jpg
63 KB, 300x300
>>336966750
>pre-match banter between 76 and reaper
>76 says he thought reaper died
>reaper says it wasnt his thing
>>
>>336966810

He has fucking 125 health. Most classes can two shot him, and some are capable of doing it in one.

He's certainly not borderline overpowered.
>>
>>336966925
Based reaper he might be edgy but he's a cool guy
>>
>>336966283
>Remember seeing videos of Reinhardt charging and catching like 3 people.
>Everyone just gets knocked back know.

What happened?
>>
>>336966925
I will never be able to tell if Reaper is supposed to be serious or a parody. The way he throws his guns away and pulls out an endless supply of replacements makes me think he's satire, but the straight delivery of "die, die, die" pushes me back to serious.
>>
>>336966967
He still can, It's pretty funny too I've seen a reinhardt charge Mei solider and mercy right off the russia map before.
>>
File: 1461985548895.gif (844 KB, 268x278) Image search: [Google]
1461985548895.gif
844 KB, 268x278
>>336965198
Amazing b8, fren :]
>>
>>336966961

He has 150 health and he 2 shots most classes. He does too much damage and has too much utility to just straight up buff his health without nerfing something
>>
>>336966925
>Mercy asks Reaper what happened to him.
>Reaper says you tell me.
>Looking through the hints in the levels, Mercy is responsible for Reaper no longer being human due to initial healing staff experimentation on Reaper.

Mercy you christmas cake bitch.
>>
>>336967036
He's parody. A characture if younwill
>>
>>336967152
Mercy is scum
>>
>>336966967
>>336967042
he cant pin more than one person anymore, either that or the hitbox is super fucking precise
the hitbox itself is fucking trash most of the time. like ill charge someone and ram my dick into them but they get flung away

its really disappointing
>>
>>336967152
Examples of hints? I love this stuff. Found a picture of torn and mercy at the beach in one level
>>
File: v_is_good_at_video_games.png (424 KB, 861x898) Image search: [Google]
v_is_good_at_video_games.png
424 KB, 861x898
>SENTRY MAN IS 2 HARD FOR ME TO BEAT BLIZZ NERF HIM NAO >>>:O

Pic related.
>>
>>336961465
Reduce Widow charge time on sniper, way too easy to just shit on a team with her right now.

Increase junkrat missile just a little bit

REDUCE speed at which mercy can build her ultra, its very quick
>>
File: 1458502214837.jpg (27 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
1458502214837.jpg
27 KB, 645x773
>>336961465
remove Temple of Anubis, King's Row, Hanamura, and the entire two point capture game mode from the game
>>
>>336967036
>I will never be able to tell if Reaper is supposed to be serious or a parody.
ITS NOT IMPORTANT
>>
>>336967137

sorry, got the health wrong.

>he two shots most clases

Even with discord orb he doesn't do that, are you dumb. He does 45 per orb, with discord its somewhere arond 67 damage. He can't even two shot another zenyatta with it.
>>
>>336967238
You havenalready posted this autist. No one cared about you then either
>>
>>336966180
>able to spam aoe damage that can two shot almost everyone
>he is so balanced xD
>>
>remove q's
>Dont launch it on consoles
>Make it more skill based by not having auto aim guns

There you go, now it's an acceptable mediocre $40 for PC.
>>
The only thing that could fix this game is a GODLY ranked mode

I mean PERFECT matchmaking
Because right now my teammates literally cannot think, let alone play a videogame or co-operate as a team.

I'm genuinely SHOCKED that half of my teammates don't just forget how to breathe mid-way through the match.

I won't buy this game unless an IQ test is mandatory for playing online, and it only matches you with people of your relative intelligence.
>>
cancel it
>>
>>336961465
The price tag on a strictly multiplayer FPS that will eventually die out. And don't even justify F2P is what attracts a lot of shitters, there already are a bunch of shitters in this game.
>>
>>336967304
You can see that shit from a mile away. The bombs basically float
>>
>>336967304
His grenades are delayed they take a good 3-5 seconds to blow up. You can get away from them if you aren't a fucking retard.
>>
>>336965858
>>336965925
>tfw you suck at both

Who no skill here.
>>
>>336967289
headshots deal double dmg
>>
>>336967305
Kys
>>
File: 1421702433029.png (111 KB, 453x599) Image search: [Google]
1421702433029.png
111 KB, 453x599
>>336967365
>guys why is my retail wow comprised playerbase dumb as shit?
>>
>>336967241
>REDUCE speed at which mercy can build her ultra, its very quick

If the entire enemy team is taking THAT much damage and the Mercy is keeping them alive, she deserves and needs an ult that quick.
>>
>>336967428
Who do you use then?
>>
>>336965395
sauce me up on that image my nigga
>>
>>336966019
>4) Give D'va a purpose besides her ultimate
Agreed

>5) Remove Bastion
>6) Remove Torbjörn

le doesnt know counters shitter
>>
>thought Reaper was edgy pandering when Overwatch was first revealed
>start playing him in the beta
>that banter with the other heroes
>that reload
>that white alternate skin

he grew on me
>>
>>336967305
>Dont launch it on consoles
For what reason literally doesn't effect anyone.
>>
File: 1460464609482.jpg (27 KB, 268x309) Image search: [Google]
1460464609482.jpg
27 KB, 268x309
>>336967297
>pictures are exclusive per poster

It's like people have similar opinions represented by the same picture, huh anon-chan?
>>
>>336967585
Thanks for your blog anon.
>>
File: d_va_by_questpowers-d9ybsbc.jpg (142 KB, 816x980) Image search: [Google]
d_va_by_questpowers-d9ybsbc.jpg
142 KB, 816x980
-Reduce Pharah's jumpjet cooldown to 3 seconds

-Reduce Speed of Roadhog's hook

-Reduce McCree's alt-fire dmg. Ult should also suffer dmg falloff after mid rage

-Bastion's turret mode should a .5 sec spin up time. Turret mode should also have reduced dmg at range.
>>
>>336967468

You KNOW that it would make it much better game.

It's not like you can fix a lot when the core game is flawed due to console bastardization.

https://youtu.be/ueRjbYdcXbs?t=2m28s

You know when a FPS is made with consoles in mind its GOING TO BE SHIT 90% of the time.
>>
>>336967585
Reapers based as fuck serious or not.
>>
>Fire off Hanzo's Q in front of a dva
>She shuts it down with her E
I'm not really sure what I expected
>>
> playing tracer
> torj turret mows me down

Every time. Can't even jump around them, that tracking time is too quick
>>
>>336966925
The pre-match banter is usually pretty great. I wish I could remember the exact lines but there's one between Winston and Reaper that made me laugh

>Reaper says Winston should stay inside otherwise he'll scare the children
>Winston replies that not even children are afraid of Reaper
>>
>>336967602
So you are a mindless sheep who can't fucking read? Good to know retard-chan
>>
DAILY REMINDER, STOP PLAYING TRACER, WIDOW, HANZO OR GENJI. YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING, YOU'RE WASTING EVERYONE'S TIME.
>>
>>336967683
Torj is a hard counter to Tracer. Its supposed to be that way
>>
>>336967671
Your sugguestion will never happen. Stop wasting time even posting this stuff
>>
>>336967703
Reaper has a good one with McCree too.

Can't remember exactly but McCree chastizes reaper for wasting his guns
>>
File: 1453033575662.jpg (22 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1453033575662.jpg
22 KB, 250x250
>>336967705
>can't read

Huh? Also, you seem pretty angry for someone who started arguing with a guy for no reason, desu.

I'm just saying that if someone else posted it, then I share his opinion. Bastion isn't even close to OP.
>>
>>336967442

So I need to hit discord orb and then headshot people to be effective, all while atleast two other classes one shot me, one of them not even needing headshots.

If you seriously have time to shot two orbs and a discord, two being headshots, and not being killed, you either ambushed someone or the enemy team is braindead.
>>
>>336967773
And i bet you do?
>>
>>336967683
good. tracer is the scout without the risk of being caught in a bad position. hard to feel bad for you when cover is a mouseclick away.
>>
Fan the hammer needs a huge accuracy nerf.
>>
>>336967475
Just make it charge slower on healthy characters and charge faster on characters that suffer damage. Right now she can just pocket someone(like widow)and build it fast as shit.

Also D'va needs some type of different firing method, she needs an alt fire in the bot.

Give Genji a different alt fire, I've never seen any good Genji bother with it since the single target is so much stronger, maybe give alt fire some minor bleed effect or slow (non stacking.

Seriously winston needs a different firing method or some type of non auto targeting alt fire with a bit more range. Also winston ult needs a tweak, seems like every other tank just has a better ulti, especially roadhog.
>>
>>336967908
His attack speed is also very quick
>>
>>336967654
>-Reduce Pharah's jumpjet cooldown to 3 seconds
pharah doesn't need any changes, she would be op if she got buffed
>-Reduce Speed of Roadhog's hook
why? he seems perfectly balenced
>-Reduce McCree's alt-fire dmg. Ult should also suffer dmg falloff after mid rage
agree about the ult but reducing alt fire damage would make him useless
>>
>>336965858
>McMeme
>lose every 1vs1 because he just stuns you into 400 damage fan
manthisgamesureisfun
>>
File: 1460056965201.png (273 KB, 580x500) Image search: [Google]
1460056965201.png
273 KB, 580x500
>>336967851

And neither will everything thats been posted in here, so maybe everyone should just stop wasting their time?

Op asked for opinions, my opinion is to try not to make it an fps based on console casualization by removing Qs, characters like reinhardt, no more auto aim guns and maybe even speed up the whole game by 5-10%
>>
>>336967952
>Just make it charge slower on healthy characters and charge faster on characters that suffer damage.

But it already does exactly that.
>>
>>336965395
>>336967551
bump for
S A U C E
A
U
C
E
>>
>>336967893
You didnt read the inital post. Im angry that we have to deal with people like you who think they know anything when they can't even read the thread
>>
>>336967428
>McCree
>skill

>flashbang
>alt fire
>receive kill

You must really suck.
>>
>>336967968

Yes, and you have to be constantly on the move with him, which makes headshot harder. His projectiles may be fast, but they aren't hitscan like soldier 76 or mcree, nor as fast as hanzo.

>get good

that's not how balacing works. And I have an high elimination average with zenyatta.
>>
>>336968010
At least what others are posting are feesable. You are straight up asking for a different game. That's just stupid. It's obvious you do not like the game
>>
>>336967987
I think the hook reaches the target too fast. Needs some actual flight time. Right now it might as well be hitscan. Way too good.

Those hook grabs should be earned, not given at a key stroke
>>
>>336961465
In truth the biggest issue I have with the game are the maps.

They don't seem to be very well designed. Health is spread very weirdly, covering and alt paths aren't that important. Massively chokepointy.
>>
>>336967128
I'm deaf. he says "gg, no"
>>
>>336961465
Mercy main here. Almost 10 hours logged, I still don't know what the different colors in people's HP bars mean. Any tips?
>>
>>336967683
>my hero isn't perfect :((((((
>>
>>336968160

I like it

Its just obvious you cant make a good fps game while trying to cater to consoles and overwatch is the PRIME example of it.
>>
Bastion would probably be fine if they added more round dispersion at long ranges so he doesn't get to be an uber sniper with tank levels of health

Also too many maps just have super chokepoints with 1 entrance that Bastion can just camp indefinitely
>>
If a Hanzo or Widowmaker miss more than 50% of their shots they should be auto-kicked from the server.
>>
>>336967683
tracer is purely for harrassing
>>
>>336961465
Make it so I don't have to leave a game to open my Loot Boxes.

and make bastion turn slower in turret form
>>
>>336968232
armor is orange
shield is blue
jesus how hard is this?

shield recharges, armor reduces damage slightly.
>>
>>336968132
Not other anon but we're forgetting his mouse2? I don't know exact numbers but it seems like it literally just sends out 5 mouse1s? 67 * 5 = 335 which is more than half of roadhog's health pool and not including headshots

am I missing something? pretty sure zenyatta does tons o damage
>>
>>336968232
Blue is shield. Think yellow is a second bar i think. Like how d.va has the mech health then hers
>>
>>336967152
>>336967204
>>336967230

Seeing this pattern. Mercy "saved" Genji but he was a wreck until he found Zenyatta who helped him accept his new reality.
>>
>>336965269
You.... can?
>>
>>336968232
Blue = shields = auto regen
Yellow = armour = not sure how it works precisely, but can be healed
Red = direct HP
>>
>>336961465
impossible, every character needs a major overhaul in just about everything in terms of buff/nerfing
but more importantly
>Ultimates reset on death
>more game modes that actually are good (like CTF would already work pretty well)
>checkpoints should give you 2 minutes extra not 5
>remove overtime completely
>defender respawn closer to objectives
>reduce Hitbox for ALL characters, this shouldn't even be a fucking issue, god damn Blizzard fucks
>increase tickrate from 20 (is this really a fucking joke Blizzard?) to 120
>make better maps post launch
>>
>>336967987
>pharah doesn't need any changes, she would be op if she got buffed
You missed the post that said Pharah did too much damage, implying a nerf. I think buffing one of her jets in addition to lowering her damage would be fair.
>>
>>336968267
Overwatch is balanced differently on consoles. There is no parity at all with the PC version
>>
>>336968350
Ok, I suspected this. So Zaryha's first 200 HP will regenerate itself?
>>
>>336968009
>Being too stupid to change tactics when you lose every time.
I knew the game was for casuals, but this is next level.
>>
>>336968337
Mercy confirmed necromancer? Her devil skinnmakes more sense now
>>
>>336961465
Zarya's outfit is now nothing but nipple tape and body oil
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 41

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.