[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So ... are they finally going to give us legacy realms? How did
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 197
Thread images: 15
File: hvjs9ze.png (101 KB, 510x319) Image search: [Google]
hvjs9ze.png
101 KB, 510x319
So ... are they finally going to give us legacy realms? How did the meeting with Blizzard go?
>>
They aren't. Instead their giving people the current WoW game without all the transmog/tokens/rdf/instant 90/etc.

This is how moronic blizzard is.
>>
No. Read the blue post response. It's the same shit they've said before
>we know some of you want legacy realms
>it's too much work to make a realm for every expansion you guys like
>supporting multiple live versions would be hard
>maybe a realm with no xp acceleration, that's the same thing right?
You will never get it because why develop and maintain multiple game versions when people already pay hand over fist for WoW every launch cycle? Also hearthstone prints free fucking money.
>>
>>336806339
You forgot the part where they are taking away cross realm bullshit so these new realms can build communities again. Not that it will matter if we are stuck with garrison style end game.
>>
>>336806045

its all blown over and....

YOU GET NOTHING. YOU LOSE. GOOD DAY SIR.
>>
Something I will never understand is why do people want legacy servers so bad knowing they would never be updated, tweaked probably but new content? New features? I doubt. People would grow tired/bored of it.
>>
>>336806339
Can you repeat that using the english language?
>>
>>336806721
garrison style end game is no different from vanilla endgame.

>AFK in one spot all day until raid or BG time
>farm consumables if you raided naxx40
>>
>>336806991

If you don't understand, you haven't played world of Warcraft in over a year so shit is irrelevant to you
>>
>>336806910
>why do people want legacy servers so bad knowing they would never be updated
progression servers
>>
They said there would be some kind of announcement last weekend, in its absence I guess talks fell through between Blizzard and Nostalrius or they're still working on something.

Blizzard is probably on the money when they say legacy realms are too much work for too little payoff, there would be a big influx in the first month or two and then a majority would realize that vanilla was a grind and quit.
Maybe they would make enough to cover server costs and all the time it took to rebuild the legacy codebase again, but the only thing we have on that front is Blizzard's word, and they say they probably won't.

The funniest thing I've seen in regard to this is people complaining that the grind in WoD for access to flying is too extreme, then in the same comment saying that Blizzard should bring back vanilla servers to give them something to do.
Fucking go and do Cenarion Circle or Grizzlemaw rep, or do the questing process from 45-60, or try and herd 39 vaguely aware idiots into doing MC or BWL, then come back and talk about grinding.
>>
>>336807472
progression servers wouldn't work in WoW's themepark setting

people no life through the content that has been well documented and datamined to hell and back, people eventually run out of content, they release TBC servers, same cycle follows until you end up on the latest expansion.
>>
>>336807689
that exact same system worked for retail vanilla/bc/wotlk though, so you're kinda retarded
>>
>>336806045
Hopefully they're moving servers to some other place
Maybe China?
>>
>>336807781
Progression server means they release content immediately after enough people complete the toughest encounters.

Less than 1% of Vanilla WoW's playerbase even set foot in Naxx and people didn't clear Tempest Keep until months after Black Temple came out withbut they still kept releasing new content.
>>
>>336806339
>They aren't. Instead their giving people the current WoW game without all the transmog/tokens/rdf/instant 90/etc.
That's not what they said though.
>>
>>336806910
For the same reason people would run any raid or other bit of content more than once. Except that in this case it's been long enough for it to feel relatively fresh, and in some cases people actually haven't done all the content (especially if it's in its pre-nerf post-bugfix state). How many people killed Kel'Thuzad, Yoggy+0 in 3.1 or even something like original High Astromancer Solarian? Not many.

Of course, most people wouldn't play the same content forever and ever (although, as evidenced by retail Icecrown Citadel, Dragon Soul, Siege of Orgrimmar and Hellfire Citadel, some can deal with a year or more, and as evidenced by a few stubborn private server players playing on just one server/expansion, several, some can go on for years), but then you have an opportunity to have progressive releases (let's say each "proper" tier, not including ZG/ZA/Ruby Sanctum/whatever, runs for 4 months: vanilla to WotLK has about a dozen tiers/distinct stages of progression depending on how you count it so it'd be 3 years even with this fairly rapid schedule) that'd keep people busy much longer than that.
>>
>ITT nobody knows what they are talking about
Blizzard hasn't announced shit yet. We still might get them.
>>
>>336808103
No you don't
>>
>>336808053
>Progression server means they release content immediately after enough people complete the toughest encounters
That's one way to do progression. Another way is to release content in timed intervals just like the original retail game did.

>Less than 1% of Vanilla WoW's playerbase even set foot in Naxx and people didn't clear Tempest Keep until months after Black Temple came out withbut they still kept releasing new content
And?
>>
>>336808216
People will just get bored eventually and the progressive schedule will end up on the latest expansion in due time
>>
>>336808093
A legit reply. Thanks!
>>
>>336808298
That's still 6 years of content/gameplay. Besides, what does that have to do with legacy servers "never ever being updated" as was the original retarded point you made?
>>
>>336808187
Can you link the announcement then?
>>
>>336808103
Read the Apr. 26th blue post. There is nothing in that fucking post that even implies they're gonna try.
>>
You think you want Legacy servers but you don't. You just miss the community, not the actual game mechanics.

Nobody in history was ever legitimately excited to grind boar asses repeatedly or farm mobs nonstop just to collect consumables to have a chance to raid.
>>
>>336808472
they havent said shit about their meeting yet
>>
>>336807584
>rebuild the legacy codebase
Because that went in the trash after every expansion
>Blizzard is probably on the money when they say legacy realms are too much work for too little payoff
Thats probably correct, but I dont know why Blizzard thinks that way.
And I still dont get why they take down a private server if they have no intentions of making money off their older game anyway.
>>
File: it's happening.png (6 KB, 404x52) Image search: [Google]
it's happening.png
6 KB, 404x52
>>336808472
Yeah nothing even implies they're trying except they're meeting with Mark Kern and the Nostalrius devs at Blizzard HQ.
>>
>>336808427
I made that point but didn't reply, you are talking to somebody else though
>>
>>336808518
oh, thanks for telling me what i wanted, i surely didn't know.
>>
>>336808469
Can YOU link the announcement? Thinking that you won't get shit is much more rational especially since Blizzard hasn't responded to the issue at all and said that they simply can't make vanilla happen (which in PR terms means "won't") than hoping for some chance that they will listen
>>
>>336808427
>6 years of content
Try less than 2 years, Themepark MMO players cannibalize content and releasing it trickle feed style is how you kill a game faster.
>>
>>336808671
see >>336808608
>>
>>336806045
>The """ambassador""" of the """movement""" is a huge goobergater who shits on women in gaming on a daily basis
How do you think it went, retard?

Actually, they didn't meet yet. But it doesn't matter because the hype died down completely. Kungen conceded completely and is now "playing Vanilla on retail".
>>
>>336808518
>reply in thread with nostalrius as the thumbnail
>n-nobody wants to play vanilla

How retarded are you
>>
>>336808680
>Try less than 2 years
>>
>>336808608
...and they got the replay function. Nothing else. Fuck off.
>>
>>336808897
2 years of dev time skinner boxed stretched across 6 year, Amazon
>>
>>336808897
It won't last that long a 2nd time through since everyone now knows what to expect. You'll always have retards in raids but on a progression if the entire hardcore raid community knows what will be released next they will bulldoze through it quickly.
>>
>>336808608
>>336808565
That blue response came after their meeting shit for brains. Kern even states in a separate interview before the meeting that he thinks blizzard needs to be more open to discussion and transparent with their community.
http://www.pcinvasion.com/ex-world-of-warcraft-dev-explains-blizzard-vanilla
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20743584206

See the parallels about communication in both posts?
>>
>>336808053
Supposing people would have similar trouble now (they wouldn't), that'd only be a testament for the longevity of the content. If you haven't beaten Kel'Thuzad, you aren't obliged to transfer your character to TBC servers and you could stay in vanilla servers for a long time before suffering a sign of content drought. Depending on how you execute progressive servers, it doesn't need to be a problem (at least prior to WotLK, at which point older raids become obsolete, but in vanilla and TBC it's not a problem to keep pre-nerf tuning and attunements in place, in which case even indirect nerfs like buffed dungeon loot in vanilla or SWP badge items in TBC won't take out the concept of progression).
>>
>>336809036
>Amazon
It is amazing. I'd buy Legion and pay $20/month to play all 6 years of it, I'd even play the beginning of Cata too.

>You'll always have retards in raids but on a progression if the entire hardcore raid community knows what will be released next they will bulldoze through it quickly.
They'll do timed releases so it'll take 6 years anyway. Yeah content will be cleared faster, anyone willing to play on legacy servers will know that. Tons of people will still play anyway because raiding isn't the only major feature of this game.
>>
File: photo_2016-03-30_11-48-16.jpg (127 KB, 719x1280) Image search: [Google]
photo_2016-03-30_11-48-16.jpg
127 KB, 719x1280
>legacy servers
>cool idea on the surface, would probably be fun for a bit
>doesn't contribute to the actual game
>people think the massive audience that played 10 years ago is still around/interested in how WoW used to play
>has a point of maximum use/development, which is the point where content becomes exhausted
>devs have repeatedly said they want to move forward, not backward, won't provide support that people will no doubt demand

why not just help focus on bringing a better game experience using elements from the past? when you have a shitty period in your life, you don't say "well, i'm going back to being 5 years old, i was happy then", right? you move forward and attempt to apply and maintain the good times in various applications throughout that forward-motion. only the mentally ill turn back and develop an infantilization fetish.
>>
In the end, the players won't get what they wanted, and this whole "legacy movement" was nothing but free advertising to some streamer and a washed up game dev.
>>
File: Screenshot_11.png (12 KB, 570x115) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_11.png
12 KB, 570x115
>>336808746
We already know how the meeting went. They've asked to not release the source code and probably threatened the lawsuit. Nost fags could have taken the chance, but were probably scared. This won't go further than that. Look at this shit. This paragraph is full of marketing buzzwords, meaningless as fuck and irrelevant to the issue. Nobody is asking them to "push a button and make things happen", they ask them for Legacy servers. But they don't want to make shit happen, because the marketing division says that this is not worth the effort of remaking the databases, doing all the support work for two separate clients, making servers on all of the regions, most of which would be empty because mostly westerners care, so they won't. They won't because they know (or think) that this won't last long. It's like with the Diablo 3 launch. Sure they could have upgraded the servers so people could play, but why bother and spend money if everything is going to be alright a week later. And it was. And Diablo 3 is successful as fuck, especially after the chinese joined.
>>
Legacy servers would be stupid.

>Playing with modern Blizzard kids
>Content releases have no surprises, everyone knows what to expect and how to minmax everything on day one
>Raid encounter challenge made non existent thanks to countless updated addons and dozens of thesis paper raid guides
>Lack of ton of quality of life features clientside or they add neo blizzard shit like battle.net
>>
>>336808518
>>336809247
>>336809480
>nobody wants to play it
>it will get boring fast
>too much grinding

Why do retards keep saying this when nostalrius proved you wrong already
>>
>>336809480
>cool idea on the surface, would probably be fun for a bit
idk man, it was fun for 6+ years back in the day

>doesn't contribute to the actual game
it is the actual game tho

>people think the massive audience that played 10 years ago is still around/interested in how WoW used to play
A lot of it is. How do you think WoD shot up to 10m subscribers on launch? Most ex WoW players keep an eye on the game and desperately wait for it to be good again.

>has a point of maximum use/development, which is the point where content becomes exhausted
So does literally every game ever made.

>devs have repeatedly said they want to move forward, not backward, won't provide support that people will no doubt demand
They're pretty good at ignoring their playerbase. That's exactly all they'd need to do when the small handful of retards start crying for LFD and flying mounts.
>>
>>336809865
A lot of people I knew on Nostlarius were getting burned out after doing BLW and MC nonstop and this was less than a year after Nostalrius launch.
>>
>>336806045
The meeting was probably to poach them.
>>
>>336810012
>A lot of people I knew on Nostlarius
come on now patel

>after doing BLW and MC nonstop
those raids were casual as fuck compared to AQ/Naxx, and AQ was less than a month from launching
>>
>>336809865
The only things Nostalrius proved is that RMT is still big money business and having every region of the world on one server causes a shit ton of problems.
>>
>>336809865
1. i never said anything of what you're extrapolating there, relax your assumptions a little and read what i actually wrote.

2. there is a point of exhaustion, this is incontrovertible and objectively true, the game will not progress past a certain point, and it's a point most people demanding legacy servers have already found as obstacles.

3. audiences have changed, this is objective as well, look at Wildstar, which was a mimetic attempt at reviving classic WoW, crash and burned.

4. nostalrius didn't prove anything. 800k registered accounts and 4-8k active during peak hours when not near catalytic events like the inauguration of the server itself, release of a major content patch, or the closing of said server, does not prove anything other than people can and most likely will tire of looking down a familiar corridor.

>>336809929
it's not the actual game when the game has moved forward, man. let's get real, you're issuing a definition based on what you think it should be, not what it currently is. and that's fine for most purposes, but in this case, we're not taking about what we imagine things to be. WoW has moved on, as have many of its players, why can't that be ok too? an mmo is a fundamentally radical genre confirmed to other game genres, it's not an endlessly repetitive mine of nostalgia, eventually a diversion occurs. and yeah yeah, runescape. ponder the fact that runescape is an exception rather than a norm. most MMOs even tend to die within a year or two of release.
>>
>>336810250
Nobody was doing Naxx other than poopsockers anyways, that whole raid was bad game design in a nutshell.
>>
>>336810385
>it's not the actual game when the game has moved forward
The game hasn't moved forward. It has decayed and declined to an unrecognizable state.

>WoW has moved on, as have many of its players, why can't that be ok too?
Because the vast majority aren't moving on because of age, they're moving on because the game is utter shit.

>le nostalgia maymay
to think I've been seriously replying to you for like 20 whole minutes
>>
>>336810012
>muh personal anecdote

A lot of people I knew on Nostlarius were having the time of their life after doing BLW and MC nonstop and this was less than a year after Nostalrius launch.
>>
File: uHISBe3.png (505 KB, 561x882) Image search: [Google]
uHISBe3.png
505 KB, 561x882
>>336810528
>poopsockers
opinion discarded
>>
>>336810528
"good game design" = "easy game design"
>>
>>336807075
It's still a minor difference, since you're completely by your lonesome, surrounded by NPCs in your garrison.
>>
>>336809480
Consider something like this: there's all sorts of ridiculous unthematic mounts and non-combat pets ("meme mounts" if you will) in the game now and at least I feel they do their part in ruining the aesthetic, the integrity of the setting and making even the most special and rare mounts feel unspecial because everyone and their dog has some outrageously fancy mount as well. But what could Blizzard possibly do with them? Of course, it's not in any way impossible for them to issue a patch that removes the models from the client while wiping out them from the database, from technical standpoint that's easy, but imagine the outrage, particularly when you remember a lot of people actually paid real money for them. And "fixing" the game is this a hundred times over.

Plus, there are things that realistically cannot be fixed in any way (for example, no matter what you do to the content and mechanics, the story and lore that has been fucked is still there) and things that would take completely overwhelming effort (for example, I personally can't tolerate the 100% linear "cinematic" style of questing: would Blizzard be willing to do reverse Cataclysm treatment to all 1-60 and 80+ quest content? That's several expansions worth of effort so probably not) or that are otherwise realistically impossible (like the example with mounts).
>>
>>336809865
Nostalrius proved that chingchongs and ruskis will gladly play the game for free. (Chingchongs play it for free anyhow - nobody else does)
>>
>>336808746
>>336809746
Also after official Legacy server support will be announced, if it happens, they would have even more legitimate reasons to go after private vanilla servers. So far I think only 2(?) were targeted, but once they anounce the shit they will C&D every private vanilla server related to WoW. Servers like Nost or Kronos are smart, so they try to play it safe, not mentioning or using any copyrighted materials (so simple C&D won't work), bit others are not.
>>
>>336810250
Naxx required way too much grinding from guilds which resulted in not too many people entering it.

Let's not also forget how overtuned it was and how it also essentially was "you need gear from naxx to progress in naxx"
>>
>>336810608
i've been in this thread less than 20 minutes man.

also i didn't evoke nostalgia as a meme, i actually explained my posture. you can wave it away if you want, but the fact that there is a difference in approximation to the problem doesn't mean it's a 'meme'.

again, you're relying on very personal, subjective definitions of what WoW is; that aleatory dependency is unfair in these arguments because it's the equivalent of a shifting goalpost- there will never be a point of satisfaction that encompasses every exigency, rather, like all memories, it will distort, change, embellish itself, etc, where it becomes inaccessible. what is unrecognizable is the memory of WoW, not the game itself. yes, I definitely agree WoW is absolute shit now, but why is that important? it has continued moving along a different slope, it's integrated older philosophies as well as disintegrated them, change has happened to it, and your response is turn back the change entirely? where has that been an effective strategy before? the real demand should be to create a better game, different than what it was. but of course, that is considerably harder than authoritatively proclaiming "I REMEMBER!". you would have to think forward for that.
>>
>>336810747
Good game design = not designing your raid around RNG resistance gear and refusing to take people who attuned, farmed, and did everything to be ready for the raid just because their spec/class sucked.
>>
>>336811015
There's literally nothing wrong with how difficult Naxx was. Nobody is entitled to clear any content. Consider Naxx the ultragigganigga hardmode difficulty of Vanilla WoW. If you don't want to participate in that, don't.
>>
>>336806045
>wanting to play something touched by blizzard
even GW2 is better than wow at this point
>>
>>336809746
>We already know how the meeting went.
The meeting hasn't taken place yet.
>>
>>336811224
What was that on may 1st then?
>>
>>336811167
>Spend over a year creating content that less than 2000 people out of millions of players saw
>Destroyed many raiding guilds and friendships because of bullshit game design and drama
>Literally nothing wrong
>>
>>336811302
A simple announcement.

https://twitter.com/NostalBegins/status/726985908143026176

One does not simply arrange a meeting with Blizzard in 2 days.
>>
>>336811154
>and your response is turn back the change entirely?
Yes, because that change was hugely negative.

>where has that been an effective strategy before?
OSRS

>the real demand should be to create a better game
Which legacy servers would provide.
>>
File: let it go.png (319 KB, 757x719) Image search: [Google]
let it go.png
319 KB, 757x719
>>336806045
>>
>>336811412
>I can't queue for the LFR version of it so it's bad!
top kek
>>
>>336808592
answer to the second question is basically this:

when it comes to law, if you are not consistent when it comes to protecting your intellectual property, it is very likely a court won't take you seriously after certain point when you do finally try to protect it.

There's a lot more to that, but I want to spare you the details so

>tl;dr blizzard needs to protect their IP so in the future when they make new games they are more likely to protect it successfully.

And considering how people host servers in fucking russia

It's not totally unreasonable.

As much as I fucking hate blizzard. I also fucking hate people that steal IP.

I know nostalrious were good hearted wow vets that just wanted to share love. And it kills me in the feels too.

But that's what needs to happen to prevent the actual fucks from being fucks and getting away with it.
>>
The meeting hasn't happened yet.
>>
>>336806910
Old school runescape seems to handle itself just fine
>>
>>336811167
>There's literally nothing wrong with how difficult Naxx was.
Yes, it sure is fucking fun to grind for months on end to even consider entering the place. Then grind some more. And more. And more.

All thanks to how horrible the design in Vanilla was and how, again, overtuned Naxx was.

And like >>336811412 said, it was essentially a guild destroyer.

>>336811462
OSRS gets new content EVERY WEEK.

If Vanilla doesn't get any new content, which it won't, it will stagnate fast and people will leave in droves once their nostalgia quench has been satisfied.

It would've happened with OSRS had they not began making content for it.
>>
>>336811596
That's because runescape is a sandbox, not a themepark.
>>336811578
>>
File: M&L.png (1 MB, 675x900) Image search: [Google]
M&L.png
1 MB, 675x900
>never played Vanilla because I started in TBC
>start lvling a night elf priest
>lvling is boring as hell
>collect X and Y takes hours because of the drop rate
>horrible spawn rate on quest items in the world
>I only use SH:D dot and throw wands

You guys told me this was the peak of WoW!
>>
>>336811596
See >>336811638

OSRS is the worst example you can make out of legacy server kind of thing.
>>
File: photo_2016-03-28_19-57-26.jpg (15 KB, 577x424) Image search: [Google]
photo_2016-03-28_19-57-26.jpg
15 KB, 577x424
>>336810881
but the mounts aren't just placed there randomly, meaning there's not a random imbalance of appreciation of said mounts because people do know where these mounts come from, and if they don't, then they find out eventually. consider the ToT skyscreamer mount. in my opinion, one of the coolest mounts ever added to the game, up there with mim's head. back in MoP, it was a hard mount to get, you needed a halfway competent guild for it. sure, you could have the pre-order mount or even mimiron's head at that point, which are solo content 'spectacle' mounts, but you couldn't have the skyscreamer unless you were in a good guild. mount values are relative, same as gear, the value changes and evolves with time, sometimes recessively, sometimes progressively.

i disagree with the game not being able to be fixed, especially when it comes to progression mechanics for your character/the world. imagine if WoW offered a 'hardcore' league; overtuned mobs, elite quests, etc, that scaled with your character. like in d2, when people join your party, the tuning becomes more challenging, mobs get stronger, quests get harder. partying with people in the 'normal' league would stabilize enemy power, but not tune it to the lower league's easy difficulty. i think it's a pretty great idea that preserves game difficulty through scaling, a technology that devs have barely started to explore fully yet, and can help the game move forward by re-adding challenge and danger to the world without compromising progress by demanding a full regression.
>>
>>336811575
FUCKING LIES
>>
>>336810385
>there is a point of exhaustion, this is incontrovertible and objectively true, the game will not progress past a certain point, and it's a point most people demanding legacy servers have already found as obstacles.

Vanilla lasted a long time and with progression servers it last a very long time, your "point of exhuastion" would come after a point where people wouldn't care about WoW anymore

>nostalrius didn't prove anything. 800k registered accounts and 4-8k active during peak hours when not near catalytic events like the inauguration of the server itself, release of a major content patch, or the closing of said server, does not prove anything other than people can and most likely will tire of looking down a familiar corridor.

Now you're just making shit up or just never played it, Nostalrius peaked at 16k on its pvp server and 4k on its pve server, its normal hours on the pvp server as at 12k, that looks to me like a lot of interested people
>>
>>336806045
The meeting went exactly like I told you it would.
They got forced to coming to blizzard HQ to personally get threatened, that if they even dared THINK about making the source code public, or open the server again in another country, they'd be sued so hard they'd wish the death penalty was still a thing.
>>
>>336811683
Leveling a priest was only better than leveling a paladin in classic.

Even if you wanna be a shadow priest your wand will do more damage than mind flay until you hit 40 and have shadow form.

Meanwhile paladins had to level with autoattack
>>
Will corecraft ever be completed? It's getting a little ridiculous now.
>>
>It's another Nostalrius did everything right autist thread
>>
>>336811638
>OSRS gets new content EVERY WEEK
No it doesn't.

>If Vanilla doesn't get any new content, which it won't
What is ZG, BWL, AQ, Naxx, the entirety of BC, and then the entirety of WotLK?

sounds like content to me

>It would've happened with OSRS had they not began making content for it
OSRS is different than Vanilla WoW in that they don't just progress naturally as they did from 2007. 2007 is when the game started declining rapidly.
>>
File: 1347731973655.jpg (33 KB, 368x348) Image search: [Google]
1347731973655.jpg
33 KB, 368x348
>>336806045
Quick question, so where did all the Nostalrius players go? Is there another private server they're all regrouping on?
>>
>>336811939
Kronos
>>
>>336811862
>>
>>336811806
i did play it and those numbers are inflated by farmbots. this is true, no matter how much nost devs want to insist their game was populated by real people. you don't have to beatify the game to prefer it, a preference is a subjective inclination, that's all it is, you can't make it absolute by accruing as much preferential and misleading data as you want.
>>
>>336811460
>One does not simply arrange a meeting with Blizzard in 2 days.
I don't see why not
Then this means either of 2 things:
1) For some reason they don't want willingly to release the source code and databases, something that other were waiting from them. Since they are dead either way I don't see why they can't do that in fear of competitors using it. Considering the fact that they think of themselves as ambassadors of vanilla servers, it's very strange why they don't want others to continue the legacy. Maybe they are thinking that their work is worth perishing than giving out for free, dunno.
2) Blizzard asked them to before the announcement, treating the lawsuit if they do, which I think is more reasonable explanation than just them being jews on purpose.
>>
>>336811939
krono
>>
>>336806045
You guys are getting "Pristine" Legion servers. Which is basically modern WoW without dungeon finder, LFR, or heirlooms.
>>
>>336811862
Soon.
>>
>>336811782
That's how it is when it comes to copyright laws and protecting intellectual property.

Am I Blizzard? No.

Do I know what the fuck their reason is? No.

Can I assume at the very least this reason can be a reason partial the justification of their actions(considering how jewish actiblizzard really is?) Yes.

What the fuck are you on about?
>>
>>336812018
>it was all just bots guys!

just stop
>>
>>336806496
Why does blizzard have to do it all at once?

>release 1 fucking vanilla server, with a small team of devs to maintain it as much as possible, give them a long leash in terms of making executive decisions for the game (ie, bug fixes and such)
>wait a bit, just fucking chill out, gauge the reaction
>maybe after a bit release a 2nd one
>by now some people may be asking for other versions of the game
>have a poll on which xpac is most wanted (most likely tbc or wrath)
>again, designate a small team to maintain it
>release 1 server

Even with like 50000 accounts paying $12/month (or hell, even $9/month for the old content discount), which is a very attainable and possible conservative number, thats still more than enough to pay their salaries and keep the server running. And more than any other server is making blizzard.

Why do they have to do everything all at once and dedicate 100% of their resources to it? Just make it small and manageable, and build off of that. Like fuck, they could legit find people who would do it for free and do a better job than 90% of their current staff
>>
>>336812120
Nostalrius had a huge real money trade botting problem, don't even try to deny it. They were everywhere on the PVP server. Selling gold, powerleveling services, and items for real life money.
>>
>>336806910

During vanillla I did the same dungeons and raids countless times and still had a lot of fun. Doing attempts at soloing scholomance on my mage was a blast and extremely rewarding once I managed it..
>>
Who /kronos1/ here?
>>
Yes, people will eventually run out of content to do (or stop before they run out), and new players who haven't will simply take their place. There would always be at least 1-2 servers' worth of players keeping it going even without new content. Why do you think people still play MMOs that haven't been updated in more than a decade?
>>
>>336811908
>No it doesn't.
Well alright. It depends a bit but almost every week. Even last week it got MM2, a new quest and jewellry.

>>336811908
>sounds like content to me
None of that is new content and none of that will work on Vanilla server except for Vanilla raids.

Not to mention later patches made somewhat decent changes so delaying those changes would be pretty shitty.

And let's not forget how shitty Naxx is.

>2007 is when the game started declining rapidly.
It's like you never fucking played RS or something.

Literally the only thing people whine about is trade limit and wilderness removal. Saying that it was complete downhill is just fucking idiotic.
>>
I'd rather have Pristine than Legacy servers, honestly.

You can live as deep in denial as you want, but most things on vanilla-WoW were an absolute chore, and well over half the specs just downright didn't work.

They didn't DO what they were suppose to do.

Sure, there are things I miss from vanilla-WoW, I miss old AV, and I have a soft spot for 40-mans, but the novelty is fleeting.

Newer WoW has made a lot of mistakes, but Pristine sounds like it wants to clean a lot of those up. And I'll take that.
>>
>>336812120
again, you're the one deflecting here; i didn't say all, i said the inflated portion of your argument corresponds to a very real problem that most likely spurred blizzard to action as well. the underground real money economy was significant in nostalrius.
>>
>>336812242
But what you're saying is that bots are what made up most of the player base which isn't true
>>
>>336812023
>I don't see why not
Because people are busy. They have other plans. Are you a neet or underaged?

And it's pretty obvious that they don't want to piss off Blizzard by releasing the source code, especially when they're arranging a meeting with them. Whether Blizzard said anything about is unknown, but it's likely that they'd do it regardless.
>>
>>336811862
Right now we haven't heard anything from developers for two weeks or so. But that's hardly unprecedented, they've taken similar breaks before (last time during the Christmas season) so I wouldn't be alarmed. There's only a finite amount of things even the most autistic testers can nitpick so if they keep at it then yes, it's going to be released. And knowing the developers fairly well, I'm very much confident they'd open source it if they actually had decided to quit.
>>
>>336812242
ya that's because of how popular it was.

Tichondrius had a huge botting problem back in vanilla/tbc
Blackrock had a huge botting problem back in wrath

Those were both servers I played on, that saw huge spikes in population very quickly, the chinese just go where the people go, there's no stopping it, you can just try to contain it.
>>
>>336811575
>tl;dr blizzard needs to protect their IP so in the future when they make new games they are more likely to protect it successfully.
This is not how copyright laws works. Please read up on it, because you obviously haven't done so at all.
>>
>>336812418
Chinks were most of the playerbase and almost half of them were RMT bots
>>
>>336812385
Are there flying mounts in pristine wow?

if yes, then fuck that cancer

if no then sure i guess
>>
>>336812360
>None of that is new content
Oh shit really? I thought the point of asking for legacy servers was to get fresh new content nobody had ever experienced before. Damn, I guess it's time to pack it up boys, we lost.

>It's like you never fucking played RS or something.
>Literally the only thing people whine about is trade limit and wilderness removal. Saying that it was complete downhill is just fucking idiotic.
I did play a fuckload of Runescape from 2004-2008 and those exact changes removed fundamental parts of the game that made it good in many players' eyes. You can look at subscriber charts and see for yourself that ~2007 after those changes were made the game DID start declining rapidly. Did you even play Runescape during that period?
>>
>>336812764
Only problem with no flying is that there are a few zones with areas inaccessible without flying.
>>
>>336812764
There would have to be since you cannot reach some places without them
>>
>>336808518
/thread

You miss the illusion of having friends and socializing in groups. You don't miss autistic raiding pre-requisites and horrible PVP imbalance (World of Roguecraft anyone)
>>
>>336812594
I'm on the original guy but you do
realize that is literally what their copyright lawyers said right?
>>
>>336812921
so copy/paste a bridge, add a teleporter, use the landscape sculpting tool in the dev kit to even out the land and make it accessible via ground mount.

not hard tbqh
>>
>>336812921
this is why vanilla is the answer and not the cancer
>>
>>336812764

I absolutely agree. That being said, they CAN'T breed out flying.

The damage is too far done for that. There are parts of Icecrown that literally can't be reached without flying.

Personally, I'd hope they'd just put down a few more taxi spots, but suddenly you're asking Blizzard to do actual WORK, and that's never happening.
>>
>>336807075
>no different
Except in vanilla you didnt need to stock up on tokens to buy gear pieces.
>>
>>336812767
>Oh shit really? I thought the point of asking for legacy servers was to get fresh new content nobody had ever experienced before. Damn, I guess it's time to pack it up boys, we lost.
Again, that new content is what's keeping OSRS alive. You'd take that away and people would be gone in a few moments.
Why? Because people won't bother grinding KQ/DK/Barrows/Abyssals for too long knowing that nothing new is coming.

>Did you even play Runescape during that period?
I've played since 2005 and still play.

I played some OSRS but it was so fucking tedious to do it all over again I've just kept up with the news and doing some flipping in it for bonds.

Yes, removal of wildy and making a trade limit was shit. But it was hardly the end of RS and good updates. In fact, many updates in OSRS have come in it from "shit times of RS" as in, post wildy removal and deployment of trade limit.

Like DFS and Corp.
>>
>>336812596
no they didn't. There were like 50+ different raidsaves every single day, you could find a pug for any dungeon at any level, or any raid up to BWL in /world at any time of the day. And BWL pugs were running they just weren't as widely advertised.

The population was absolutely massive, and unlike anything I've ever seen before on any server, basically every single language/demographic had sort of equal representation (or at least some representation). And just as chinese were botters/goldsellers as there were just regular dudes who wanted to play the game
>>
>>336812921
>>336812950

what if they just added flightpaths?

ez. done. next?
>>
>>336813109
Tokens are better than raiding a 40 man instance and having Shaman gear drop even though you're an Alliance character.
>>
>>336812997
Just how gullible are you? Obviously they're going to say that they shut it down for reasons that would make as few people as possible hate them.

You can find this shit by googling in 2 seconds. You'll find the "you have to protect your copyrights to retain it" shit in every single copyright myths article.
>>
>>336806910
I played PvP alone for like 2 years. Playing Alterac Valley on 60 was my favorite thing. But I don't like the meta game that came later with PvP Gear and specialization. Everything after Arenas sucked. Hell... even after PvP Ranks imho

If Blizzard were to make WoW Free to play, they could probably get a much higher number of people to play again. Content exists. Maintenance is a joke.

And I remember how Blizzard GMs harassed friends of mine who were just trying to use exxploits to visit Under-Ironforge and Pre-Release-Mount Hyjal.
They never did anything real bad; only tried to go areas they shouldn't, but were mostly empty. If they had time for that shit, they are probably not needed.
>>
>>336813230
like regular chinese people who wanted to play the game
>>
>>336813246
This never happened in retail (until 2.0), only on buggy private servers.
>>
>>336813246
no they are not you fucking cancer cell blizzard fucktoy
>>
>>336813109
you don't need to do that on live either, just fyi :)
>>
>>336813184
>Again, that new content is what's keeping OSRS alive. You'd take that away and people would be gone in a few moments.
OSRS can't release content as they did naturally from 2007 on because that content was what caused the game to decline and bleed subscribers. Vanilla WoW could release the content they did naturally from 1.0 on, for years and years infact.

>But it was hardly the end of RS and good updates
I didn't say it was the end of RS, I said it was when RS started declining which is objective fact.
>>
>>336813313
>even after PvP Ranks
vanished I mean
>>
>>336813303
Why is a copyright lawyer publicly spewing myth about his job?
>>
>>336813369
This happened in Vanilla and on Nostalrius, it was ass. Also, DKP was even bigger ass.
>>
>>336806045
I imagine as soon as they walked into Blizzard's offices Bobby Kotick started laughing like a maniac and flipped the switch to throw them all into his shark tank.
>>
http://crixa.io/?p=75
>Petition at 253k Signatures
>Mark Kern printed it and will deliver when he meets blizzard
>Neither Mark nor Nost have had their meetings with blizzard

WE DON'T KNOW ANYTHING YET
>>
The meeting was just for them to threaten/bribe them into not releasing the source code, thus they didn't. They consider themselves some 'envoy' of legacy realms but in reality they just threw them some feedback/idea guy stuff about what they might want to add to pristine realms. Legacy will never happen, and they'll try to accommodate people with pristine.
>>
>>336813593
and then he replaced the nost guys with two lookalikes so they can later claim to have partnered with them to make vanilla servers but secretly making them just lackluster enough to turn everyone around to the current WoW
>>
>>336813672
Blizzard actually meeting with private server devs and Mark Kern after everything that has happened should make you pretty positive about the possibility of legacy servers.
>>
>>336813453
>OSRS can't release content as they did naturally from 2007 on because that content was what caused the game to decline and bleed subscribers.
Are you fucking kidding me? I even named shit that was released after Trade limit and wildy removal happened. DFS and Corp; both of them popular updates.

They only fucking skipped the one shit update which I've already repeated far too many times. Even then they added the GE which still has some naysayers for because "muh epic interaction where I spam one single sentence for hours to earn 10k gepe"

>Vanilla WoW could release the content they did naturally from 1.0 on, for years and years infact.
No it wouldn't. People would get fucking bored if it dragged on too long without new update. And then you hit the patch cap for Vanilla, then what? You can't progress because it's fucking Vanilla. You're stuck with the same content, some of which nobody will ever bother to do (Naxx) because of how tedious and bad design it is.

>I said it was when RS started declining which is objective fact.
No it fucking isn't. One shit update didn't make the game go on consistent decline, you'd be an idiot to claim that.
>>
>>336813453
not to mention hardly anyone actually did vanilla content in vanilla. My guild got to twin emps in AQ, and there were 2 guilds on the server that did anything in Naxx, and only got up to four horsemen before tbc came out. There were probably like 20 or 30 guilds at least in MC/BWL (lots of people got stuck on razorgore for some reason)

Its not like it would be tired old content people would be doing, most people sucked dick in vanilla and didnt do anything. Same with TBC. There were like 10 guilds that even killed a boss in BT before it got nerfed to oblivion and the attunements got removed, and maybe the same amount that got kalecgos down in sunwell before wrath came out. Thats not a lot of people compared to the population on my server
>>
>>336813804
I'm keeping my hopes up. It was directed more towards all those claiming that they had already met and everything was decided.
>>
>>336813804
>Mark Kern
https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/1tuf3c/this_is_why_mark_kern_was_removed_as_ceo_by_red_5
>>
>>336813514
Have we heard anything from a lawyer, or have we heard a PR person relaying what they vaguely remember a copyright lawyer having said or otherwise putting words in a lawyer's mouth?
>>
>>336806045
Why do you even fucking care? Old WoW is dead. Stop trying to recapture it
kids, we the original players, lived in it.
Its like saying "hey bring back the 1920s cuz muh nostalgia!"
Kill yourselves.
>>
>>336813908
>Are you fucking kidding me? I even named shit that was released after Trade limit and wildy removal happened. DFS and Corp; both of them popular updates.
'Naturally' is the important word here.

>"muh epic interaction where I spam one single sentence for hours to earn 10k gepe"
cancer detected, GE is a shit fucking update

>No it wouldn't. People would get fucking bored if it dragged on too long without new update.
You're retarded. Consider the argument lost for yourself. Don't even bother replying.
>>
>>336813942
And you want to know why? Because not only were class selections limited, gearing up was fucking slog of a grind. Not to mention keeping 40 people together.

>most people sucked dick in vanilla and didnt do anything
What?

>Same with TBC
You didn't have to be special to progress in it. Maybe some early pre-nerfs when shit was fucking broken like Hydross or Vashj.

Case in point my guild full of casuals keyboardturning and clicking being able to clear BT and Hyjal. SWP was whole different though.

> There were like 10 guilds that even killed a boss in BT before it got nerfed to oblivion and the attunements got removed
Did you fucking play TBC at all? Hyjal 4/5 and BT up to something like 4-5 was really common.
>>
>>336812225
Nigger this is the company that REFUSES to make TDM battlegrounds and REFUSES to make a world pvp area that isn't littered with pve objectives.

They fucking over-complicate everything for no fucking gain at all.
>>
File: 9uegh25h.png (6 KB, 70x32) Image search: [Google]
9uegh25h.png
6 KB, 70x32
>>336814015
He's still meeting with Blizzard cuckboi. Keep linking that meme reddit post, it's really harming legacy servers.
>>
Nobody actually misses Vanilla WoW. They just miss the friends they made on there and sense of progression because everything was drip fed like a skinner box.
>>
>>336814293
They literally skipped it because it was consistently negatively received and later on, abolished. Not to mention with bonds they came up with a better way to combat with RWT. Why would they include something like that in the game?

>cancer detected, GE is a shit fucking update
Eat shit. People were literally given an auto-talker in-game so that they could compete with those who used them.

In the end, people just checked up on others on Zybez and did fuck all interaction.

GE is literally nothing but positive.

>You're retarded. Consider the argument lost for yourself.
You should elaborate before you withdraw back to your shell.
>>
>>336814418
silly anon

trix is for kids
>>
>>336814595
>In the end, people just checked up on others on Zybez and did fuck all interaction
Communicating with people, meeting people, bartering, chance of being scammed. All of this still existed with Zybez and the GE removed it all.

>You should elaborate before you withdraw back to your shell.
>People would get fucking bored if it dragged on too long without new update.

>What is ZG, BWL, AQ, Naxx, the entirety of BC, and then the entirety of WotLK?

>sounds like content to me

Consider the argument lost for yourself. Don't bother replying,
>>
>>336807328
That's the attitude that makes us want legacy servers, right there.
>>
>>336814883
>Communicating with people,
>meeting people,
During the time your items are in GE you are free to do ANYTHING, including chatting up with people around the GE, in clan chat, friend chat - WHAT THE FUCKING EVER YOU WANT.

During the time you spam one sentence over and over, you do NOTHING but that.

>bartering,
Flipping and merchanting in general still exists, idiot.

>chance of being scammed.
Woah, big loss. You can still find scammer duos if you so want. Or money doublers - they're fucking everywhere.

You're so fucking clueless.

>What is ZG, BWL, AQ, Naxx, the entirety of BC, and then the entirety of WotLK?
Again, not fucking 'new' updates. Keyword, NEW. And again, nobody would bother with Naxx because how abysmal its design it is.

And again, it's a fucking Vanilla server - you're not going to progress to TBC because people will quit or WotLK since people will quit, again.

>Consider the argument lost for yourself. Don't bother replying,
Stop trying to go for self-proclaimed internet argument victories, that's just fucking pathetic.
>>
>>336815329
>Again, not fucking 'new' updates. Keyword, NEW

>Oh shit really? I thought the point of asking for legacy servers was to get fresh new content nobody had ever experienced before. Damn, I guess it's time to pack it up boys, we lost.

Consider the argument lost for yourself. Don't bother replying.
>>
>>336815683
You're hopeless.

A vanilla server with no new updates will wither away fast enough unlike OSRS with its constant new updates keeping it alive.
>>
>>336814418
>Nobody actually misses Vanilla

Instead, you guys REALLY miss..

>proceeds to describe what Vanilla was

kek
>>
>>336815793
>A vanilla server with no new updates will wither away fast enough
>Nostalrius was bigger than it had ever been and was still rapidly growing over a year into its lifespan with AQ, Naxx, and BC on the horizon.

stop replying
>>
>>336815948
Idiot. I mean after the fucking point of reaching the end of the road of the expansion.

But I guess you like to jerk off to -accounts registered- and chingchongs + ruskis and bots counting as real players.

>Naxx
Literally nobody would do it because of the grind involved.
>>
>>336815948
this
>>
>>336808518
SAYS WHO? Some people enjoyed the journey the feeling of achievement of downing a boss ect.. retail is fucking dogshit its absolutely worthless and nowhere near worthy of the subscription price, its fucking daylight robbery to ask for money for current wow.
>>
>>336815948
Oh and let's not forget one really huge factor here: Nostalrius was free.

Who'd pay 13 dollars a month for literally nothing?
>>
>>336816106
>>Naxx
>Literally nobody would do it because of the grind involved.
lmao, did you not play on nost ?
>>
Honestly idc about blizz anymore you have kronos wich is a blizz like priv server and it works fine for me, the community is nice, players help each other out, no game breaking bugs, its just perfect.
>>
>>336816106
>Idiot. I mean after the fucking point of reaching the end of the road of the expansion.
What does this even mean? You blizzcucks are so dumb.

>But I guess you like to jerk off to -accounts registered- and chingchongs + ruskis and bots counting as real players.
and mad haha holy shit

stop replying

>>336816440
It was also a private server.
>>
>>336816512
But is it retail-like?

See, that's why nost got popular and not like servers like Kronos.

Not only did they achieve quality that came close to the real thing, but also released content on the same schedule that retail had.
>>
File: 1461481650611.png (1 MB, 1920x868) Image search: [Google]
1461481650611.png
1 MB, 1920x868
NEVER EVER NOSTALGIAFAGS
>>
>>336806045
Blizzard and Nostalrius team has not had their meeting yet. Anyone trying to tell you otherwise is a lying shiteater.
>>
>>336816505
>lmao, did you not play on nost ?
Naxx is literally whole another level of grind and dedication to stupid shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBPHRlgczmk

>>336816589
>You blizzcucks are so dumb.
Not as dumb as you, it seems. You know, after the final patch of expansion or in this case, Vanilla? When there's nothing new coming for Vanilla itself? Or TBC. Or WotLK. Or whatever. Kind of like the stagnant 1 year periods at the end of expansions where subs drop like nuts.

>and mad haha holy shit
How so?

>It was also a private server.
What does that have to do with anything?
>>
Were you really expecting them to sanction relic servers just months before their new expansion?
>>
>>336816736
>Fixes that were not in original Vanilla
>Values not being the same as Vanilla
>Missing stuff like patrol routes

Really gud
>>
>>336816861
>>336816861
>>>336816505 (You)
>>lmao, did you not play on nost ?
>Naxx is literally whole another level of grind and dedication to stupid shi
That was them most beautiful part of the game crawling through mc for 6 months with the boys, then moving on to bwl for another 6 months while having mc on easy farm, then AQ launches and you get on that bitch getting ready for naxx, then you start naxx progress each week managing to kill one more boss praying you dont wipe because you dont want to lose ony/zg buffs, then fucking 4 months later you are at KT downing him and while sitting on TS sharing the orgasms with the rest of the squad over mic. the whole experience is fucking epic, it completely different audience, there is no fucking DUDE TO MUCH FARM LMAO! there is only holy shit you finally got it
>>
If you're just itching to play vanilla without any exp boost/PTW/instant 60 mechanics, go here.

vanilla-servers.org

If you've already got the client from Nost installed it's just a matter of changing the realmlist.

It's still really, really early. Barely any fixes past base MaNGOS. Population is tiny. But it's starting to pick up. There's been updates at least once a week for the past month.

It's still officially in "beta" so overall server progression is... weird. Hard to say where exactly it is. I think it might be all the way to Naxx, but not enough people have hit 60 yet to even attempt raiding. I believe the plan is to squash as many bugs and implement as many fixes as possible, and the re-release the server (characters and account will apparently transfer, but I have no idea how they'll handle any acquired late-game gear) with scheduled progression like Nost had.

But like I said, it's early and bare bones as fuck. So you could just as easily pass on it and wait until they've done more work. But I'm having fun.
>>
>>336816792
>
http://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=44103 ye pretty much wat anon said
>>
>>336816931
Then it's shit.
>>
>>336817147
> there is no fucking DUDE TO MUCH FARM LMAO
Delude yourself as much as you want, Naxx was shit.
>>
>>336817187
Someone report this blizzard so nostalgia cucks finally kill themselves.
>>
>>336812594
That is how it works.

Why do you think Fox released a fantastic four movie with zero effort. It's so they can hold the copyright. You have to protect your ip consistently for courts to uphold it.
>>
File: mfwfrl.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
mfwfrl.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>336817386
Naxx was amazing, the moment you stood still in Orgrimmar with your full t3 and had 23 people inspecting you was the greatest feel in the world
> that moment someone would invite you by accident and whisper "sry was only trying to inspect or just quickly log out"
>>
>>336817648
>Naxx was amazingly shit but hey I get to stroke my epeen
Wew.
>>
>>336813303

>Copyright is not like trademark. Copyright has a set period of time for which it is valid and, unless you take some kind of action, you do not give up those rights.

>To be fair, the level of enforcement or protection you’ve provided a work can be a factor in how much damages are awarded. For example, if a photo you took has been circulating widely for years with no action and you sue one user of the work, that would mitigate the market value of the work, the damage the infringement could have done and how the court feels about the infringement itself. All of these things can affect the final judgment.

>However, unlike trademarks, which do have to be defended, there is nothing the precludes you from enforcing your copyrights at a later date.

Sounds to me like they lose nothing from protecting their copyright (as is legally their RIGHT mind you) but a lot to potentially lose by ignoring it.
>>
>>336806339
They're trying to work out this idea they had called pristine realms that turns off every exp booting mechanic. looms, RaF, and others and makes the level progression slower.
>>
File: .....gif (3 MB, 280x358) Image search: [Google]
.....gif
3 MB, 280x358
>>336817843
>Expecting this faggot to listen to reason.
He'll just tell you Blizz should give up the IP because his faggot ass wants to play games for free.
He's some commie Bernout, just ignore him.
>>
>>336817795
It was fucking great bruv, just because you din't make out UBRS is not our fault, overcoming Naxx bullshit with the boys was truly the most amazing moment in our lifes
>>
>>336814941
This.
>>
>>336812594
>>336813303
see
>>336817843
>>
>>336818006
>was truly the most amazing moment in our lifes
Stroking that epeen so much got you into an early grave and now you're posting on 4chins as a ghost?

Told you Naxx was shit.
>>
>>336814350
I said pre nerfs, that was really common after the attunements got removed (and subsequently every boss getting tuned down), but before that there weren't a lot of guilds that could kill kael. Even vashj required a pretty high amount of coordination/communication. I did play then, it wasn't that common for quite a while, and even still, the vast majority of the level 70 population didn't get past council
>>
>>336817853
they will need to remove flying entirely and add flightpaths to the places that can't be reached without flying to earn my sub

with flying in the game every town is a fucking ghost town
that's one of the reasons why people want vanilla

to actually see other people

not this bullshit everyone's either in the air or phasing in and out of another server so you'll never see that guy again or in their garrison or teleporting straight to the dungeon
>>
File: nostal.jpg (270 KB, 800x1038) Image search: [Google]
nostal.jpg
270 KB, 800x1038
VANILLA WOW RUINS LIVES

DON'T BRING THEM BACK
>>
>>336818795
>live in a house with an rl buddy I used to play tons of wow with
>both of us have good, high paying full time jobs in trades
>work 40-60 hours a week, play wow at night and on the weekends
>spend like next to no money because of this
>bills are super cheap

Overall, my situation has improved since then
Thread replies: 197
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.