[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> Actually want to be a blade of the darkmoon like dark souls
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 250
Thread images: 33
File: proof_of_a_concord_kept.png (24 KB, 196x203) Image search: [Google]
proof_of_a_concord_kept.png
24 KB, 196x203
> Actually want to be a blade of the darkmoon like dark souls
>put covenant on from level 60-150 up to new game++
>only take it off to get verdebra shackle/dregs
>never EVER get summoned
>try blue sentinels and still nothing
>30 hours without a summon
>end up grinding all proofs and getting platinum

Amazing. They ruin the covenant AND it doesn't even fucking work. I felt like I lied to yorshka.
>>
>>336698483
No blue orb was a mistake. I don't know what the hell From was thinking making two of the eight covenants dependant on a third, much less popular one.
>>
>>336698674
It's especially ridiculous that the two covenants are exactly the same - Blue Sentinels don't even have their own covenant leader.
>>
>>336698674
They should make ganking a sin. If you have two phantoms and kill a lone invader you get sin, 3 phantoms vs two invaders is a sin. As well as killing anyone as an invader builds up sin.

Higher sin higher priority to be invaded. You can invade as a darkmoon even against unembered and they can't summon or be invaded by other covenants if you do. Can be invaded by multiple darkmoons if sin is high enough. Get killed by darkmoon sin reduced, can use velka to get rid of all of it.

Leave the protecting way of blue shit to the sentinels. Darkmoon blade is all about revenge, not protecting.
>>
>>336698483
Fucking covenants get WORSE in every souls game and they were undeveloped in the first place.
>>
>>336698483
>never EVER get summoned
you're softbanned faggot
>>
>>336699225
2's covenants were a lot better than the first game.
>>
Watchdogs are also broken. I hardly ever get autosummoned, but I can invade instantly in the swamp with the Red Eye Orb - so there are definitely people in range going through there.
>>
>>336699248
lol I get summoned by aldrich all the time and can invade with anything else in seconds. The covenant is bugged. The few that get summoned get summoned for sentinals and darmoon all the time and it doesn't cycle. Plus no one used way of white.
>>
>>336699248
That's a lie, I get active invasions simply invading as a dark spirit but I never get summoned for the blue sentinels/darkmoons.
>>
>three different dragon items
>no corresponding covenant

It really feels like they just didn't care about covenants at all in this game - none of them have any unique mechanics like Gravelording or Ratbros, none seem to have any kind of PvE value and most are just straight up broken.
>>
>>336699118

What kind of fucked up system is that? So if you're just playing with your buddy and get invaded (which you will extremely often), you are just supposed to ignore him and go through the dungeons just to boss door him?
>>
>>336699248
>Only takes it off to invade for vertebrae
>softbanned
>>
>>336699453
You should never need more than a single phantom, it completely breaks the game.
>>
>>336699296
>have to farm cracked red eye orbs

No.

>>336699440
You can't even have duels with mad phantoms to get a shackle. I thought that was supposed to be the successor but in body form with mound makers on you get nothing for killing invader (besides horick)
>>
File: 1460297314471.jpg (134 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1460297314471.jpg
134 KB, 640x640
Should I go cleric or sorcerer for my next run?
Would like to go full ZAP MUTHAFUCKA but the cleric has some nifty miracles and a mace.
>>
>>336698483
Because PS4 has no players, and those that play get banned for hacking.
>>
>>336699453
Going in boss door should be a Sin too. Coward.
>>
>>336699636
If you go Faith then Morne's Greathammer is great for PvP.
>>
>>336699662

Oh, so under that system your only option is to get killed or sin because you can't touch the invader or fight the boss.

>>336699560

Even a single buddy in your game will get you invaded repeatedly.
>>
>>336699636
miracles are great. Tears of denial is goat.

TFW went pyro and everything but chaos fireball is shit

even powerwithen sucks because it only lasts fucking 10 seconds and takes forever to cast.
>>
>>336699770
Or to wait for another invader so it's somewhat fair. Or just don't gank with 2-3 phantoms like a faggot. You want to play easy mode? Sacrifice the souls to velka.
>>
File: 3983837.png (44 KB, 588x427) Image search: [Google]
3983837.png
44 KB, 588x427
>>336699714
>>336699837
Only interested in pve and helping with bosses so it sound like cleric time.
>>
The inability to get these ears without farming with extremely low drop rates really opened my eyes about how many cheevofaggots there are on /v/.
If you are so desperate to platinum a game that you'd do this shit, I feel sorry for you.
>>
>>336698674
>>336699095

Should've let Blue sentinels have their own rewards, as well as Way of Blue having their own rewards too for incentives. Dark moon should be like their DS1 counterpart.
>>
>>336699974

I don't think you can get invaded by more than 1 invader at once without using a dried finger. And in that system that turns it into more of a dueling shit where you are ignoring PvE to sit around and wait for "fair" conditions where you're doing bowing emotes and shit. What is the point of "invading" if you only want to fight in fair conditions? People just want to go to the pontiff area if they want completely fair conditions. Invading is for using the environment, ambushes, terrain, and other advantages against your opponent.
>>
>>336699837
How do you "go pyro"? Pyromancy scales with both faith and int so it really pairs with sorcery or miracles. What is a pure pyro build?
>>
>>336700332

Pyro doesn't rely on 60 of either stat for good damage. Sorc and Miracles do. If you try to throw a lightning stake at someone with 40 faith, it ain't gonna do jackshit compared to a Chaos orb.
>>
>recent patch claims they're fixing blue matchmaking
>still doesn't work

FUCKING FROM

I'M TIRED OF THIS SHIT, I WANT THOSE EARS AND SWORDGRASSES

Or is this another "feature" like poise?
>>
File: muricandream.jpg (188 KB, 573x654) Image search: [Google]
muricandream.jpg
188 KB, 573x654
What is the new meta weapon type for PVE in DS3?
Mace and hammer weapons were the shit in DS2 since every other enemy was wearing armor.
>>
>>336700802
Every weapon.
>>
>>336700260
you think 2-1 is fair? I'm being quite reasonable. People who summon multiple people for the entire level are total faggots the majority are ganking and those that aren't deserve some form of punishment. Invading is a sin regardless The problem is the invaders aren't the ones bringing any stress anymore. It's the gankers and it's retarded. You can't use the environment with seeds of giants, and only retards fall for elevator/latter shenanigans which gankers are aware of. There is virtually no chance with 3-4 on 1 you just die to mashing instantly.

This isn't fight club shit (and if you think pontiff isn't mostly ganking unless you place a red sign down you are retarded too)
>>
File: 1423112761239.gif (3 MB, 400x224) Image search: [Google]
1423112761239.gif
3 MB, 400x224
>that potential for a Drakeblood covenant that summons those against people that tracel the Path of the Dragon
>Archdragon Peak was too small, and the reward sucked anyways so they just slapped the Stone at the end of a path filled with standard mobs
All that potential, gone.
>>
>>336700332
literally just half and half int and faith
there are weapons you can infuse with chaos or dark that give you fire/dark damage that scale with int and faith and some can get up to a scaling on both
>>
>>336700802
fast weapons. Mainly straight swords like sunlight straight sword. longsword etc. enemies are too fast and poise sucks. so slower weapons are less useful. still anything works for pve.
>>
File: 1462553985931.webm (2 MB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
1462553985931.webm
2 MB, 720x404
>>336698483
>>
>>336700260
What's wrong with invaders dicking around until another dark spirit joins the party? You can use the environment against a host when they have a giant seed active, and gankers are savvy about plunging attacks anyways. Invaders usually don't want a fair fight, they just want to have a higher chance of killing the host.
>>
>>336701183
if you get summoned you will get summed regularly so it's no big deal for him.
>>
What is the math regarding if you don't have the stats to one hand a weapon but can then two hand it? Can you effectively two hand it if you have at least 50% of the stats of something like that?
>>
>>336701296
it's skewed in favor of the host even with more invaders they can even hit each other by accident (or not) and have reduced HP, estus etc.

Fairness isn't even the issue, it's making the fight playable and have the role of an invader make more sense. You can't even run away depending on the spawn and the type of weapon they use washing pole etc and giving darkmoon people to invade. Playing with phantoms in itself should be a risk reward.
>>
>>336701619
only strength gives 50% bonus for two hand. You need the required dex. faith, int to use it properly.
>>
>Seek Guidance
>Displays more help from other worlds
>reveals summon signs without using an ember
u wot p8
You can summon people without being on fire?
>>
>>336702064
maybe only developer phantoms.
>>
File: 1447593055425.jpg (144 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
1447593055425.jpg
144 KB, 550x550
>blessed weapon buff
>>
>>336699649
You mean PC?
>>
If I want to start an entirely new build is it better to respec on NG+ or start over?
>>
Why does from hate Darkmoon coventeers so much? I actually like the idea of righteous vengeance, but both here and in 1, the covenant dies.

>>336702874
>respec
You can respec
>>
Did From even fucking patch Dark Souls 3 on PC? Are they even going to make the piece of shit covenants work?

Because at least 3 covenants are absolutely busted, perhaps on a software level. If you ever get autosummoned, then you actually get to use them. If not, you spend a century in place waiting to be brought in, only to use an eye and wait one millisecond.

And don't do this "buh buh buh you gotta be the right level i didn't have a problem" shit, this is at the point of being a bug, a glitch, an oversight, broken code.
>>
>>336698483

I don't get this meme. On two separate characters I've never had trouble getting summoned for blue sentinels
>>
How do you guys allocate stats for magic builds?

I want to try magic my next build but do people do magic-only builds (health/stamina/attunement/int or faith) or are they always hybrids of magic and melee?
>>
>>336703031
I know. So is it better to respec for a new build and use the gear I picked up on ng+ or just make a new character?
>>
Turns out you actually have more likelihood of getting summoned for the auto covenants, or at least sentimoons if you have a higher rank. So to get more ears you need to already have ears.
>>
>>336703174
Because you got chosen. It's broken. Few people get all the summons for the covenants, and it's hardish to get summoned anyways because few people use way of blue and it's split between two covenants.
>>
>>336703231
Don't touch str or dex, use your starting melee weapon and just upgrade if you need more damage.
Focus on int and attunement, a bit of vigor and end won't hurt either.
>>
>>336703231
People do magic builds all the time and it's OP for PVE. weapons can scale with magic, split damage isn't that great but it's good enough and the spells are more than a supplement.
>>
Just watch some of the PvP streams on Twitch, apparently if you ever fucking dare to play the game with a couple of friends, which this game makes really fucking easy to do, you are not a gank squad and need to be punished.

Never mind the fact that its you using the fucking Red Orb to go into their game and somehow stop them from playing the way they want to. You somehow need things even more in your favour in order to "punish" "gankers"

Fucking kek Souls is a fucking joke of fooling yourself constantly.
>>
>>336703271
If you can start from scratch stats wise on new game+, just do NG+
>>
File: 0k4y.png (119 KB, 600x429) Image search: [Google]
0k4y.png
119 KB, 600x429
New to the weapon infusion thing but I guess it's like pokemon and how certain enemies are weak to some elements.
>use normal sword
>only deal physical damage
>infuse sword with fire
>scaling stats go down = lower physical damage
>hit enemy immune to fire and deal less damage than before
>hit enemy weak to fire and deal more damage than before
That's how it is?
>>
>>336703473
You are not at full health. You have no poise. You are put in 1 vs 3 (or even MORE) situations if you EVER invade. They ALWAYS huddle around where you spawn and you get fucked. If you get nicked by some dinky little shit weapon, you're staggered and can get raped by mega sword.
>>
>>336703473
Fucking autistic ganker lol. Get gud. "I just want my easy mode safe space with three phantoms fuck invaders supposed to bring dread and shit and fuck giving a covenent people to invade"

It's not even a big deal. Why are you so scared of being invaded without summons? You can get rid of it by paying velka all those souls you didn't earn or by getting darkmoon ganked like you deserve. You seem offended with being labeled a "sinner"
>>
>>336701904
>50% bonus
No.

Two-handing multiplies your strength by 1.5.
>>
>>336703931
Are you actually retarded?
>>
>>336704010
yes
>>
Who the fuck ever summons purple signs?
>>
>>336704054
fightclubs
>>
>>336704054
fight clubs. and it's torture because you only get shackles from killing the host or phantoms and fightclubs are nothing but reds and other purples. the host just watches and keeps summoning more when one dies.
>>
>>336703885

I played my entire run offline. Messages spoil the shit out of exploration which is my prime enjoyment in Souls titles. Theres no way to turn them off if you want to play online.

I just find it hilarious that three people playing together for fun somehow should not rape any cunt joining their game with the single and sole intention of killing them all.

Am I being fucking mental here?

Also I do know there are fucking cunts abusing the system with chameleon and stupid fucking traps, I am aware that actual gank squads exist but its pretty obvious that the vast majority are just normal people playing the game with un-optimal builds and stupid boss weapons.

"Look at these gankers, stupid gankers get parried scrubs hurrr"
>>
>>336704180
>you only get shackles from killing the host or phantoms and fightclubs are nothing but reds and other purples
So, since you can kill phantoms, you can end up getting your shackle anyway?
>>
>>336704294
only white phantoms. maybe other purples not sure, and you need to kill multiple.
>>
>Join watchdogs at SL 27 with my most-upgraded weapon at +2
>Playing like 2 AM to 5 AM, get 16 swordgrasses
>Win almost every single time

>Start playing again today
>Quickly suffer two humiliating losses
>Haven't been summoned for half an hour since

This game is so bizarrely inconsistent.
>>
>>336699974
>muh honor
>just wait for the invader to be fair.

Fucking aspie
>>
>>336703712
somewhat but not really
split damage in some cases can be worse because of resistances
>>
That's what you get for being a faggot achievement/trophy whore.

Maybe accomplish something worthwhile instead, huh?
>>
>>336704279
lol actually a ganking apologist.

sure don't punish ganking if you don't punish twinking. people summon before the boss, most with summons are fishing for reds. not innocent casuals playing easy souls with friends, even then they should pay a cost for easy mode.
>>
>>336698483
works on my machine.
>>
File: image.png (212 KB, 600x465) Image search: [Google]
image.png
212 KB, 600x465
>They ruin the covenant

Covenants were pointless from the beginning. DeS worked fine without them.

They add nothing to the game, lock content behind them and in every single Dark Souls they just don't work.

Namco is scum, FromSoft are uforgivable for working with them,
and Dark Souls is the worst subseries in video game history.
>>
File: snake-eater.jpg (330 KB, 1344x1008) Image search: [Google]
snake-eater.jpg
330 KB, 1344x1008
Is the scythe any good, the one from the giant arrow field?
Just want to be gherman from bloodborne.
>>
>>336704863

"Pay a cost".

AHA HA HA HA holy shit this is amazing. PAY THE TOLL.

THE DIFFICULTY TOLL.

Its good that I went from "fucking ganker lol" to "lol ganker apologist", good good carry on.
>>
>>336704653
it's muh playable game and increasing the amount of people for darkmoon. only autists enjoy ganking. If you don't want to be labeled a "sinner" because you are triggered by it than wait and have a fun chaos match of 3v3 or whatever.
>>
>>336705007
Just use it man, stop caring if you're gonna lose like 2 dps like a min-maxing faget.
>>
>No boss that summons players
>>
>>336701183
fucking dickhead
>>
>>336705080
You are both a ganker and an apologist and completely autistic.

>the difficulty toll lol so silly!!

it's called balance. If you play with phantoms you level up less because you spend the souls on velka or you have to actually deal with some invaders on your own. I don't know why this triggers you so much. Why do you want people who summon and gank to have such pleasant safe space?
>>
>>336705163
More worried about being able to hit anything with the thing, it's like a retarded halberd. But it looks cool.
>tips fedora
>>
>>336705097
The point is you don't have to be nice to invaders. I love invading but I don't expect the red carpet from the host, i'm there to murder him so i'll play as dirty as possible and expect the same from him.

The only place I expect fairness from is duels/red sign summons.
>>
Are there any rings for cleric and faith? The sorcerer and intelligence seems to get all the bling.
>>
>>336705456

I just don't give a shit about invading I guess. Go play something thats fun and online and balanced?

None of the Souls games have been balanced, all of the PvP aspects have been full of exploits and min-maxing faggotry. Theres a thick hilarious layer of serious fucking business about Dark Souls invading that is legit amusing. Like fuck, play something else nigger its not a fucking multiplayer game. Its an ARPG with online aspects. Just don't use the online stuff this time, unless your one of the autistic trophy hunting idiots mentioned elsewhere in this thread.
>>
>>336705531
It'll be fine. I got rekted by a scythe user the other day. Besides, not a lot of people are gonna use it so you'll have the advantage of surprise.
>>
I get constant blue summons. You're probably doing something wrong.
>>
>>336705746
http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Ring+of+the+Sun's+First+Born
http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Priestess+Ring

It's not much but it's something.
>>
>>336703174
>>336706018

>>336703140
>And don't do this "buh buh buh you gotta be the right level i didn't have a problem" shit, this is at the point of being a bug, a glitch, an oversight, broken code.
>>
>>336706123
Also Morne's ring
>>
>>336703473
Game was designed to be beaten with a single player. Invaders are literally the only thing that counterbalance player phantoms turning Dark Souls into fucking baby mode, and the phantom system is so broken that this isn't even true.

I have literally observed player hosts just sitting back and having player phantoms clear a stage for them. I have also seen players resummon the same phantom multiple times to simply recharge estus. The present phantom system is stupidly broken.

Its pretty sad that invaders have gone from griefers to being the last line of defense from Dark Souls 3 being a complete joke.
>>
>>336705576
There is a difference between muh honor and it not being playable. You enjoy spawning and dying instantly and respect the gankers? It ruins the whole role playing aspect where being invaded is supposed to bring dread. It's skewed in favor of the host to anyway to balance out the potential they don't have an optimal pvp build or whatever. I like large chaotic battles in 3 where invades is mostly supposed to be a battle royale and 1v1 is for duels.

>>336705870
"I hate invaders!! PVP is for faggots wahh"

all the more reason for you to be invaded. That's the point. invaders are supposed to be grievers or for fun pvp. It's a big part of the game that hasn't been handled well since demons souls. if it triggers you so much keep playing offline
>>
File: cramping my style.webm (3 MB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
cramping my style.webm
3 MB, 720x404
>>336705216
>>
File: 1345802981993.jpg (83 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1345802981993.jpg
83 KB, 640x480
>>336706123
shiieet, now I want to play sorcerer instead
>>
>>336706252
Yeah man, Soul level and weapon level. You just have to learn the mechanics before you start crying covenants dont work
>>
>>336705870
PvE is dependent on PvP functioning. With the way Dark Souls is designed PvP is the only thing that counteracts the overwhelming advantage of having multiple players ass raping the stages.
>>
>>336706309
Isn't it basically a weaker version of the Sun's First Born ring? Unless they stack of course.
>>
>>336699440
There are 4 dragon items actually, but that's besides the point
>>
>>336706417
You are a retarded mega faggot, holy shit. If I can get an instant red eye invasion in an area and get dick bubkis for an autosummon in that same place, there is something inherrently fucking WRONG on FROM's side.
>>
>>336706410
you will be softbanned if you keep using it like that
>>
>>336706412
You really, REALLY don't. Sorcery fucking blows horse cocks.

>>336706590
they stack
>>
>>336706417
I love it when idiots think they understand the game when they have elementary knowledge.

"works for me! must be perfect. Don't you dare criticize it!!!"
>>
>Intelligence doesn't scale well until after 40
>leaving magic weak at the beginning of the game
What the fuck do they mean, you can almost one shot enemies at the start of the game with basic magic.
>>
>>336706636
Thats more of an issue with the 10 to 1 ratio of blue sentinels to blue adherents.
>>
>>336706668
Nope.
>>
>>336706771
how come?
>>
>>336699440
>Gravelording or Ratbros
Both of which were fucking horrible; something you would know if you had played either of the two games you are posting about
>>
>>336705007
takes awhile to get used to it because of sweetspot damage
>>
>>336706770
It's well known what the issue is. Some are chosen and get summoned constantly and it doesn't cycle so others don't get summoned at all, even with no one using way of blue.
>>
>>336706580

You seem to think thats entirely the players fault though instead of simply From being lazy and incompetent like normal.

They up the health of the boss enemies, the boss AI still goes fucking mental when theres more than one player in the arena. Really though do you honestly care if a bunch of people choose to make the game easy for themselves? I know it makes you angry that they are cheaping the game out, but who the fuck cares? Who gives a shit how other people play fucking PvE games?
>>
>>336706840
because you don't get softbanned for crystaling out of worlds / crystaling people out of your worlds.
>>
>>336706770
I suspect it also has to do with players with phantoms being prioritized and most hosts with phantoms being faggots that always have an army of phantoms that use up all friendly phantom spots.
>>
File: ss (2016-04-17 at 06.06.36).jpg (18 KB, 417x118) Image search: [Google]
ss (2016-04-17 at 06.06.36).jpg
18 KB, 417x118
>>336706840
literally just some guy on fextralife that tried to fearmonger people into thinking it can get you softbanned
another reason why fextralife is such shit
>>
>>336706894
gravelord was great, it just didn't work and was unsatisfying because you couldn't see what was happening in the other game. It had lots of potential.

rat was stupid.
>>
>>336705007
>Just want to be gherman from bloodborne.

No scythe is as good as the Burial Blade.
>>
File: drink.jpg (48 KB, 344x345) Image search: [Google]
drink.jpg
48 KB, 344x345
How do you usually ratio yellow to blue estus as a sorcerer/cleric? 1 to 3 or half n half?
>>
>>336706947
Sounds like whining from people who dont know how the system works
>>
>>336704279
>normal people playing the game
Summoning three phantoms is not "playing the game", not the same game as the rest of us are playing at any rate. You can literally afk and they will clear every level/boss for you.
>>
>>336706894
ratbros actually worked through
gravelording was bugged as shit and you couldn't actually do anything
>>
>>336706770
Except LITERALLY every red eye invasion I do, a blue gets summoned through concord. The fact that its so fucking broken that more than two thirds of the player base can't even get it to work is a sign that SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH HOW THEY WORK.

>>336706947
ARE YOU MOTHER FUCKING KIDDING ME IS THAT HOW IT "WORKS"
>>
>>336700656
They don't realize their matchmaking is bugged. A few players are getting reliable summons and almost nobody else is.
>>
>>336707108
I go half and half
>>
File: 1397445120973.jpg (104 KB, 613x533) Image search: [Google]
1397445120973.jpg
104 KB, 613x533
>>336707045
>gravelord was great, it just didn't work
nice post you fucking moron.
>>
File: 1353791767487.jpg (874 KB, 1280x1470) Image search: [Google]
1353791767487.jpg
874 KB, 1280x1470
>add sin for killing players back into the game
>add the blue eye orb
>remove way of the blue and blue sentinels
>just make blue phantom summons an option in online settings

Is there any reason NOT to do this?
>>
>>336707212
how the FUCK can they not realize when the front pages of the Steam discussions are complaining about how their game DOESN'T WORK
>>
>>336707130
A player could even out attrition the map and outnumber the mobs with phantoms.

There really should be at the very least:

1) An interruptible phantom summoning animation
2) A summoning cost
3) Much more aggressive invasion priority for players with multiple phantoms

It wouldn't hurt to turn Blue Sentinels into a covenant dedicated to hunting down baby mode phantoms as well. Hosts aren't the target. Their fucking phantoms are.
>>
Just make Blue Sentinal/Darkmoon invaders get a concord. Problem solved.
>>
>>336707347
>>just make blue phantom summons an option in online settings
most retarded thing i have ever seen in all my years on /v/
>>
>>336707032
>>336706965
Ok, i was searching for that and just saw it was debunked.
Good thing i can escape 3 man ganks again
>>
>>336707369
Japs don't care about the PC community, what's new?
>>
>>336702064
It does work. But not too well...
Signs will show, but you can't touch them. Sometimes you can.
>>
>>336707347
I'd say that if they just add sin back in we wouldn't need a blue eye orb

but yeah axe the fucking blue sentinels, how did they not see that they were a mistake after DS2?
>>
I miss the small white soapstone from ds2, helping a dude for a few minutes to get humanity back was dope.
>>
>>336707457
>It wouldn't hurt to turn Blue Sentinels into a covenant dedicated to hunting down baby mode phantoms as well. Hosts aren't the target. Their fucking phantoms are.
Mound-Makers? They get rewarded for killing phantoms and phantoms are really fucking easy to kill most of the time since they're co-op PvE glass canon shitters.
>>
>>336707457
Frankly, there is a time on invasions, so there should be one on phantoms too
>>
>Darkmoons can lay blue summon signs
>These signs only appear when you're being invaded or if you wear way of the blue
>Darkmoons can now lay signs around the bonfire and go off and play their game and get summoned when needed.
>Sometimes they'll fend off a dark spirit
>other times they'll help the host to reach the bossfog and get rewarded for that this already happens by the way

It's not like blues ever get summoned into a situation where the host wasn't already hiding near his bonfire.
>>
>>336706964
I don't like it when casuals plays games in ways that ruin the experience because once they enter to community they have a voice as to how the games should be directed and are cancer overall. This shit ruined street fighter with muh 1 frame link retards it ruined fire emblem it ruins fucking everything. Get some taste and play the games correctly for higher pleasures instead of casual lower pleasures. relativist faggot.

it's also clearly not only a PVE game no matter how much you hate the online components.
>>
>>336706417
Sorry, but I've tried too many characters to accept this.

For example, I have never been summoned by Ferron Watchdogs. I made a level 20 character and +2'd a weapon. Waited an hour, no summons. Leveled to 30, waited another hour or so, nothing again. Same results with 40, 50 and 60 before I gave up and said level clearly isn't the problem here. Made a new character a few days later, tried all the same level ranges and time, but with a +4 weapon - not a single summon.

I even went back and tried again on a 3rd character with +3 at several levels, but did it at weird hours (2 am to 7 am EST) to see if Peak hours were somehow retarded. Surprise, no summons.

Based on this, as far as I am concerned, there is either a bug that prevents some people from being auto-summoned, or people don't get to the Farron area until level 80 and/or have +7 weapon reinforcement when there. I know which one is more likely.

P.S. As a side note, my brother plays as well, and his characters get auto summoned all the time at the exact same level and weapon reinforcement as my characters have been.
>>
>>336707487
Why? There's no penalty to using way of the blue anyway. It's not like forcing it to be a covenant choice is somehow removing other options the player could have as an invaded host of embers.
>>
>>336707662
Nah that's retarded. It just perpetuates the "hide in the bonfire room with 3 phantoms" bullshit that hosts already do. If you're going to give them more options to summon for help, then hosts need to be forced to progress through the level and meet the invader on his terms
>>
>>336707819
WotB is the only covenant worth wearing unless you're trying to farm Sunbro Medals or get summoned for Watchdog/Aldritch/DarkSent
>>
>>336707280
gravelord was broken for a shitload of time, and even after the patch rarely worked. dumb noob.
>>
>>336707945
>It just perpetuates
They can't solve it. They should just design around it.
>>
>>336708042
yea if you're a faggot and want people to fight your battles for you
>>
>>336707691

You can play the entire thing offline with no problems what so ever. You can "complete" the games without ever even entering into the online aspect of it. Its a side branch, a distraction, something to dip into now and then. Not something to spend fucking hours and hours and hours pouring over.

Its just autistic fucks taking things way to fucking far like they always have to. There are games specifically designed for online play, fair competitive environements for people to fight in. No no no though I need to force my faggotry into this other thing thats actually completely un-suited to PvP.
>>
>>336707814
open your NAT type bro
>>
File: 1373408999215.jpg (11 KB, 242x209) Image search: [Google]
1373408999215.jpg
11 KB, 242x209
>>336708136
then how was it great if it didn't work? hurrrr "except for the fact that it was broken it was a lot of fun lol!!"
>>
>>336708216
My experience with this series is that 90% of people are in that category.

I think you should consider the following though

>PVP playthrough
>Always use dried fingers
>Wear WotB in areas with defender covenants
>Use auto-summon covenants like Watchdog/Faithful/Darkmoon/Sentinels while clearing areas that don't
>>
File: 1363155549790.gif (80 KB, 170x207) Image search: [Google]
1363155549790.gif
80 KB, 170x207
>>336708285
>stop liking what I don't like!
>>
>>336708351
It was great conceptually underage spongebob memer, and when it did work. I said this in my first post. kill yourself.
>>
File: 1401239124754.jpg (40 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1401239124754.jpg
40 KB, 400x400
>>336708651

>Your playing it wrong
>>
File: spongebob.jpg (20 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
spongebob.jpg
20 KB, 300x225
>>336707662
Why not add the concept that if you lay a white sign while being part of a blue covenant and kill a boss, you get an ear instead of a stupid ember?
>>
>>336708351
It was a really good idea and is a hell of a lot more interesting than literally 2 dupe covenants, also the whole 'having to be in WoB for the police to have anything to do' thing has always been retarded, invading sinners was much more logical and consistent.
>>
>>336708330
THE PROBLEM IS THIS FUCKING GAME IS THE ONLY ONE THAT SEEMS TO HAVE PROBLEMS. Game only had summoning problems like halfway thro my playthro making me think it's a population and software issue.(I think it was around 1.03 I got issues)
>>
File: 1271665457054.jpg (83 KB, 500x600) Image search: [Google]
1271665457054.jpg
83 KB, 500x600
>>336708285
>You can play the entire thing at SL 1 with no problems what so ever. You can "complete" the games without ever even using the level up aspect of it. Its a side branch, a distraction, something to dip into now and then. Not something to spend fucking hours and hours gaining souls for
>>
>>336708285
>You can play the entire thing offline with no problems what so ever. You can "complete" the games without ever even entering into the online aspect of it

sure you can. Not the intended experience though, or the whole game.
>>
>>336708869
Then every friendly covenant just becomes a white phantom reskin

The best way to both keep the nuance of blueberries and balance the gameplay elements is to either add back sin, or to add back the blorb.
>>
>>336708927
>>336708978

I'm not the one arguing that the game should be played in one specific fashion and doing it any other way deserves to be "punished". I do not give less of a shit about how you choose to play the game you paid for. This is the 5th game in a similar style thats been created by From and I am yet to see this negative impact on making the games easier by calling in phantoms. Its needless willy waving and egotism and it directly lead to all of the fucking terrible "YOU WILL DIE" marketing shat out by Namco.
>>
red soapstone sign was a mistake
>>
>>336699118
I like that this makes some people sinners who DON'T want to be invaded and doesn't let them summon. Thematically it was a problem in dark souls 1 because people liked being indited as it meant more pvp.
>>
>>336709529
"i'm a dumb relativist"

Good to know.
>>
File: 20160502155332_1.jpg (490 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160502155332_1.jpg
490 KB, 1920x1080
>mfw I actually get summoned
Usually get 1 to 3 concords max when I'm summoned
>>
>>336708351
hey redditor thanks for joining us, chug down this complementary pint of bleach, it helps us to keep the gene pool clean.
>>
>>336710336
Yeah it's especially annoying that Concords are the easiest covenant item to get when you do get summoned as so long as there is an invader you are not sent back home but it is the hardest to grind.

of all the covenants, this is the one that doesn't work.
>>
>>336699837
>TFW went pyro and everything but chaos fireball is shit
Chaos Bed Vestiges is a much better version of Great Chaos Fire Orb
>>
>>336701143
>and poise sucks
Poise can''t suck because it simply doesn't exist in the game, all that exists is hyper armor on certain moves with certain weapons
>>
File: 1415960527787.jpg (388 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1415960527787.jpg
388 KB, 1600x1200
>>336711381
I'm still fucking flummoxed on what the fuck is going on with poise. the state of darkmoon is due to incompetence, but the fact that poise is just TURNED OFF makes it feel like some weird conspiracy
>>
>>336698483
Are we locked into a covenant once we choose one or can we switch around?
>>
>>336698483
What the fuck is that thing supposed to be anyway?
A hollowed out skull?
>>
>>336712179
Pretty sure it's an ear, like in DaS1
>>
>>336712064
There hasn't been a penalty for switching covenants since dark souls 1, and that was just half your tribute offerings.

>>336711381
>wolf ring
>>
>>336703465
>People do magic builds all the time and it's OP for PVE
Pure magic is absolute garbage for PvE in DaS3.
>weapons can scale with magic
Yes, but even with 60 int a +10 crystal infused weapon with A+ int scaling will do literally half the damage to most enemies than that same weapon would do if it was just +10 raw and then you buffed it with Crystal/Great Magic Weapon with 60 int and a +10 staff.
>the spells are more than a supplement
Most enemies and bosses in the game are super aggressive and in your face, which means you actually have almost no time to cast a spell.
For example, in previous Souls games playing a pure range sorcerer was easy mode, especially against bosses, here the hardest time I've ever had in the game against any boss or any build was trying to beat Abyss Watchers with Soul Arrows.
And that's not even mentioning you can stagger a lot of bosses if you have fast weapons and get a lot hits in a short amount of time (even some of the hardest bosses like the nameless king and soul of cinder can be staggered), and you will never be able to do that with spells.
>>
>>336712629
I still don't know why alll weapons aren't buffable. No shit like "restores HP when you kill" stuff on arstors spear is so good they can't let you buff it. Can you not buff magic infused weapons in 3? you could in 2, and it helped mitigate the split damage.
>>
File: DaS3_ports.png (17 KB, 543x292) Image search: [Google]
DaS3_ports.png
17 KB, 543x292
Is this another "we pretend we never played a Souls game and don't know how to forward ports" thread?
>>
>>336713858
Are you people actually retarded? You know the online works fine for all covenants besides darkmoon/sentinals and maybe farron for people with issues right? I get summoned as an aldrich faithful all the time and can invade in seconds.
>>
>>336698483
I feel like Darkmoon was pushed in at the last moment for sake of fanservice.

It and Blue Sents shouldn't function the same. They get a knight roster, but no blue orb and there's no indictments in the game.

From needs to bring indictments and blue orb for Darkmoon.
>>
>>336706840
why would you get banned when you are using ingame item and mechanics? maybe try use your own brain.
>>
>>336713858
Oh yeah I definitely need to forward my ports just to get summoned for darkmoons even though I've been constant getting invasions by simply using a red eye orb
>>
>>336714214
They ban you if you close the application when it serves the same purpose.
>>
>>336714092
I think every game they just tell one guy to design all the covenants a month before release or something.
>>
>>336714357
>ingame item and mechanics
>close the application
Try using your fucking brain before you vomit out a response, retard
>>
>>336700459
>>336701061

The problem with Pyro in invasions is, you have to fucking make sure you're in a tight corridor or room for your fire to even hit. Even an incompetent can just roll out of the way.

I've never lost against a pure pyro build in invasions.

Those that go pyro, in the end, just use their weapon. It's sad really.
>>
Can someone suggest a weapon that give good bleed, or is good for a Dex/Luck Hollow build.

A weapon that has good/great reach.

I'm using the Warden TBs for the bleed. Just need a good long finisher weapon.
>>
>>336714983
Washing Pole fits your criteria perfectly
>>
>>336714983
The gargoyle spear is quick, does decent damage, and has nice poke range. Maybe the range is good for lances in general, although it weighs like 9.0
>>
>>336714618
Both do the same thing. Why punish people for closing application? Black separation crystal even said is weakens online relations.
>>
>>336714714
Fire storms can be good in the chaos of a 3v3 though.
>>
>>336715209
>>336715359

Forgot to mention I only have 13 STR. I rolled as a Knight so yeah, I don't have the stats for those.
>>
>>336715603
get the strength. the only viable finisher weapon is the washing pole. running r1 is too good.
>>
>>336715594
It IS funny. But in the end, you understand what I mean really right?

Pyro is fine in closed spaces really. No question about that. Open though? Yeah, it's just sad.
>>
>>336715493
Because it is impossible to prevent people from closing the application, other than preventing the UI button to do so (which the game does). Black Crystal was specifically added to banish phantoms or return you to your world. It is an item that they coded into the game solely for that purpose.

You are an utter fucking idiot thinking there is any comparison between force closing a program and using and item that the developers give you for its intended purpose.

>Black separation crystal even said is weakens online relations.
Are you illiterate? It says

>The crystal sends phantoms back to their homes, or you back to yours.
>Beware of fickle use of this item if you intend to nurture relations
Meaning you won't make friends banishing everyone you summon. There are no gameplay consequences; stop shitposting.
>>
>>336715603
You might have to bump that up a bit if you want a larger weapon
>>
>>336715603
The lothric knight spear only requires 14 strength
>>
File: 1361986693283.jpg (23 KB, 360x362) Image search: [Google]
1361986693283.jpg
23 KB, 360x362
>>336715493
>Both do the same thing.
alt+f4 disconnects YOU from the phantom, which can unfairly protect you from invasions. that's why you get banned for doing it enough. black crystal cannot banish phantoms when you are invaded. don't be a faggot this is not a difficult concept
>>
>>336715828
When you disconnect and get banned the game tells you the link between worlds is broken. read way of white circlet. black separation just doesn't build up as much penalty points.

>>336716037
doesn't make any sense for black phantoms to get punished when they can leave with either way.

No one is denying you don't get penalty points for DC, you get them for both. gg coward
>>
>>336715747
>>336715829

Yeah, you guys might be right. It just pisses me off when I'm able to bleed someone twice in a row and someone is able to get away.

>>336715968
Is the tracking as good as Champ's Halberd?
>>
>>336716308
spears are all trash.
>>
>>336716308
The regular throwing knives are surprisingly good if your target has a sliver of health left
>>
File: 1380653258764.png (52 KB, 254x253) Image search: [Google]
1380653258764.png
52 KB, 254x253
>>336716250
>I have literally no proof for what I'm saying
Show me one example of someone who has been banned for using the crystal.
>>
>>336716525
Nah, they have around 100-200 left.
>>
>>336716361
Only against dudes who know what parrying is.
>>
>>336716250
>doesn't make any sense for black phantoms to get punished when they can leave with either way
did you read my post you stupid nigger? hosts are not allowed to banish red phantoms. so when they disconnect, they are punished after a while because it is not something the game allows (but obviously is impossible to prevent).

the crystal exists to get people that you don't want in your world out of it, or for red phantoms if you can't find the host or just want to leave for whatever reason. they're not the same thing at all and they wouldn't add a fucking item into the game that would get you banned when you use it. fuck off
>>
>>336717020
red phantoms get punished for closing application though, when it is no different than black separation crystal. enjoy your ban, way of white circlet is bugged and doesn't spawn too so banned forever lol.
>>
>>336717292
>proof
>proof
>proof
>proof
>hurr terminating the game is the same as using an in-game item
you are one dumb motherfucker
>>
>>336716971
you can't parry spears at long range. they are bad because they can be punished, do shit damage, unimpressive range and have no sweeping attacks.
>>
File: 1412274614177.png (2 KB, 142x138) Image search: [Google]
1412274614177.png
2 KB, 142x138
>>336717292
Show me one example of someone who has been banned for using the crystal.
>>
>>336717451
gg enjoy your softban.

>>336717583
everyone who gets the "recent games not ended correctly message" and doesn't close application.
>>
>>336717292
where is the proofs??
>>
>>336717746
Show me one example of someone who has been banned for using the crystal. Why is this so difficult for you to do?
>>
>>336717451
>>336717583
>>336717749
>>336717816

stupid redditors enjoy getting banned. you'll get your proof lol
>>
>>336712425
What about wolf ring?
>>
File: 1462313148779.jpg (332 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1462313148779.jpg
332 KB, 960x720
>>336717945
>durr if you don't believe me you're a redditor
Why are you pretending to be a retard? I have BC'd out multiple times, and I have yet to be softbanned.
>>
>>336718192
because it builds up less penalty points. You will, first it puts in in a pool where only DCers can summon each other, then it bans you until you use way of white circle.

You can close application like 10 times before you get banned too,
>>
>>336718192
>Why are you pretending to be a retard?

because it will stick out in the back of some faggots mind and make him paranoid. He will still do it because it's not "proven" but will get anxious nonetheless.
>>
The black crystal has never and will never punish you for using it.
The only thing that even came close was sending away a phantom without thanks in Demons Souls
And even then all you get is a weirdly worded statement about how you fucked up
'You have squandered the chance for more souls"
>>
File: 1377115312831.jpg (402 KB, 847x567) Image search: [Google]
1377115312831.jpg
402 KB, 847x567
>>336719012
>i was trolling all along!
>>
>>336719329
I love how online has regressed since demon's. Less message options, can't rate phantoms, no character/world tendency etc etc. all they added was a covenant system that is underdeveloped and hardly works.
>>
>>336719818
And any retard who isn't from reddit would know this. But people got really angry so they clearly were worried about the rumor.
>>
File: 1350187647296.jpg (101 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
1350187647296.jpg
101 KB, 650x650
>>336719979
>>
>>336720116
>Posting these reddit images

you really are a redditor huh? no wonder you responded to bait. We all know the "pretending to be retarded" shit.
>>
>>336720116
Fuck off back to 9gag
>>
File: 1460696538267.jpg (42 KB, 500x570) Image search: [Google]
1460696538267.jpg
42 KB, 500x570
>>336719818
>>336720116
Don't be a retard.
>>
>>336720328
>>336720445
>1 minute later
>>
Just in case you are actually worried, some guy did a test and used the crystal 50 times back to back with no breaks, found on some forums
https://youtu.be/AD_ECzNewq4
I think theres like 5 videos on his channel
>>
>>336720843
>implying he's not a troll getting people banned
>>
File: Chg7QvyUcAAkO54.png (1 MB, 700x1030) Image search: [Google]
Chg7QvyUcAAkO54.png
1 MB, 700x1030
>darkmoon invade
>he fights against red
>red out of estus and has 10% HP
>crystal out darkmoon
tfw no hatemails
>>
>>336719823
At least we can finally donate multiple covenant items at a time in Das3.
Donating 80 fucking dragon scales in Das1 took longer than farming them
>>
File: 1462325081513.jpg (41 KB, 474x378) Image search: [Google]
1462325081513.jpg
41 KB, 474x378
>have like 12 ears
>cant give them to Yorshka for some reason

Do I need the darkmoon emote from that one chick? I talked to her but didnt get it, and of course she's gone. I also couldnt find her summon signs in either of the locations its supposed to be in. Did I get screwed out of being able to rank up?
>>
>>336721027
Blues are fags anyways, most of them suck and die like dogs to the superior reds.
>>
>>336721184
hahahahaha
>>
>>336719823
Character/world tendency was terrible.
>>
>>336720843
It's pretty obvious. Crystal is game mechanic. "Pretending to be retarded" is just low tier trolling for autists and kids
>>
>>336720985
Yes, he made 5 characters that look identical and got them to the same stats, so that he could make 5 different videos, using a different character each time, disconnecting 10 times with each character, just so he could fuck with people.
He even made and uploaded the videos in the same day, nobody is going to believe the BSC meme.
>>
>let me tell you how you should play this game because of my arbitrary feelings

play how you want, invade how you want
>>
>>336721324
It was great, especially character tendency. world was bad because it was session based so unless you beat the game in one sitting you wouldn't see many of the affects. It had potential.
>>
>>336721464
who are you even responding too lol
>>
>>336721589
me obviously
>>
>>336721464
That's pretty hypocritical.

Relativists are retarded.
>>
>>336721506
"it had potential" is the best thing you could say about it. You had to really try to actually manipulate it and the effects were all pretty mild.
>>
>>336721506
I'm pretty sure it wasn't session based, but like was swayed toward what the collective tendency was of everyone playing, so if you quit and rejoin it would resync up and fuck up whatever your tendency was
>>
>>336721759
It was. literally educate yourself.

And there was really nothing wrong with character tendency at all.
>>
Is anyone using the pirate internet fix?
It stopped working for me for some reason
>>
>>336721881
literally
>>
>>336722320
I'm well aware of the tumblr.
>>
>>336699296
>covenant about rats

No
>>
>>336722878
>covenant about being a "Princess's Guard" which entails doing nothing at all
>>
>>336699837

Faith isn't great overall except for the buffs.

The big fucking problem with this game is that there are barely any weapons that scale well with Faith outside of infusions, and split damage is back to pure garbage since they reverted to DS1 damage resistance.

Offensive miracles are fucking atrocious, though.
>>
>>336723765
Blessed infusion is completely worthless outside of passive health regen too.
You will do the same damage raw, or uninfused with the option to buff it for way more damage
Thread replies: 250
Thread images: 33

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.