[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Opinions on this game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 130
Thread images: 36
File: Silent_Hill_Shattered_Memories.jpg (26 KB, 256x316) Image search: [Google]
Silent_Hill_Shattered_Memories.jpg
26 KB, 256x316
Opinions on this game?
>>
File: sh sm red dress.jpg (218 KB, 800x588) Image search: [Google]
sh sm red dress.jpg
218 KB, 800x588
>>336614063
I liked it. A lot. Easily my favorite of the western-made SH titles.

Shattered Memories got plenty of unnecessary flak even before it was released; I'm guilty of this as well.
The moment you realize that it is not a remake of the original SH, but it's very own entity merely utilizing your own memories and expectations of things against you, the game actually becomes a fascinating, atmospheric experience. However, it is an experience that GREATLY benefits from you having played the original SH games, especially SH1!

Cons: Not really that scary, and puzzles are poor. The PS2 port is also ass.
>>
>>336614063
my older sister once had me play this game because she was too scared to play it herself, but she watched me. whenever something would grab my character, she's jump and scream and i'd just get pissed because i can't kill it
>>
File: Don846.jpg (17 KB, 395x396) Image search: [Google]
Don846.jpg
17 KB, 395x396
>SH past SH3
>>
Weebs hate it because it wasn't made in glorious nippon, but it's easily the best western SH.
To be honest the only bad western SH I found were that shitty vita party game and PRESS X TO NOT GET DRILLED IN THE LEG. Even Downpour had it's strengths.[spoiler[
>>
Only non jap Silent Hill I respect because it tried doing its own thing instead of trying and copy and failing what made the original games good.
>>
File: Hangedscratcher.png (1 MB, 1440x1198) Image search: [Google]
Hangedscratcher.png
1 MB, 1440x1198
>>336614063
I'd prefer it if SH1 got the REmake treatment instead
but then again, this is konami we're talking about, so maybe not
>>
>>336614063
>very first playthrough
Hated it and thought the gameplay was stupid.
>2nd playthrough and onward
Gave it a second chance and started to loved it. Some parts of the game became pretty comfy to go through. I always get the urge to replay the game on rainy days durring the cold seasons.
>>
>>336616274
I expected to hate it, but when I started playing it, I was quickly hooked. I replayed it 3 times in a row within one week, each time looking to get different ending or other changes.

to my own surprise, when I later watched two of my friends play it for the first time, they ended up triggering some totally new changes I'd yet seen at all on my own runs.
>>
File: 200_s.gif (33 KB, 357x200) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
33 KB, 357x200
>mfw the ending

It was literally perfect.
>>
File: 1459839016152.png (457 KB, 572x593) Image search: [Google]
1459839016152.png
457 KB, 572x593
>>336614063

I hate people who put it on par with the original three games.
>>
>>336614063

2nd best Silent Hill under 2.
>>
press A to Sheryl
>>
Silent Hill 1: Less shitty obscure puzzles please.
Silent Hill 2: I get why it was popular and the fan favorite, but not my cup of tea.
Silent Hill 3: It doesn't have the strongest progressing plot (it's a rage induced revenge story), but it's still my favorite in the franchise.
Silent Hill 4: Never played.
Silent Hill 5 (Homecoming): Never played, nor intend to.
Silent Hill 6 (Downpour): Playing it, enjoying it, combat sucks, guess its like the 1st game in that regard.
>>
>>336618595
I put 3 above it as well, but I agree that SM is one of the best in the series and better than 1 and 4.
>>
>>336619060

3 is ok but it's definitely the point where it became a "series" and it was all downhill from there.

It was a huge step back from 2 as well.
>>
File: 1435201101479.jpg (81 KB, 419x480) Image search: [Google]
1435201101479.jpg
81 KB, 419x480
>>336619060

>Better than 1 and 4
>>
>>336618963
Oh yeah, forgot the point of the thread.

Shattered Memories was boring and I lost interest when I got to the school. It was a glorified walking simulators. I would have preferred if they didn't label it Silent Hill and kept going with their unique ideas about surviving out in a setting like Silent Hill with harsh forces of nature such as rain, wind, or snow.
>>
File: Silent Hill Shattered Memories.jpg (70 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
Silent Hill Shattered Memories.jpg
70 KB, 600x400
>>
>>336614063
Probably my favorite Silent Hill after 2 and 3. It cops a lot of flak for some reason but really it's only got one major problem, and that's that there's absolutely no sense of danger outside of the nightmare sequences. I wish they'd make another game in this style.
>>
>>336619232
I played 1 at launch, and it had nothing going for it other than novelty. It wasn't scary, the story was the most clichéd and generic of the Team Silent games by far, the environments and enemies were mediocre, the bosses were shit, and even the OST wasn't as thong as later games. It gets a pass because it was the first in the series, but it's not that good of a game. 4 was brought down by reusing areas, ghosts, and shitty characters.
>>
>>336614063
Great on Wii

>Wiimote as the cellphone
>Wiimote as the flashlight

Such a great console, should have had more horror titles. Phone gimmick alone is outstanding.
>>
>>336614063

I loved it, but it really could have done more to blur the lines between RUN DANGER and TOTALLY SAFE sections. Wish the devs got given a second go at the franchise.
>>
File: sh1 WhatANightmare.gif (996 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
sh1 WhatANightmare.gif
996 KB, 500x281
>>336619060
>and better than 1 and 4.

>any west-made SH above the original quadrology
>SH1 the very best, ever
>>
a really cool game that made good use of the wiimote, but i can see why silent hill fans hate it. it's a big departure from the norm. the running from the raw shocks segments were really scary to me, but i imagine they'd be pretty boring/annoying to people that don't scare easily.
>>
>>336619630
You really should replay it.
The story's FAR from cliche. I hope you're not mixing it with anything the Movie(s) told you.

It's also easily one of the scariest games ever made, far spookier than SH2 at least. It also has better pacing, town sections, and overall challenge than both 2 and 3 combined.
>>
>>336617138
this. makes me cry every time.
>>
>>336620139
SH1 is the worst of the Team Silent games.
>>
>>336619630
nigga you smoking something, or seriously need to play the game again! Shit was fucking amazing day 1, definitely spoopy as shit, and it still beats the crap out of its prettier sequels when it comes to environments.
>>
I loved it, played through in one sitting and that fucking ending mayne.

That said, confining enemy encounters to specific sections kinda robbed you of any potential fear while exploring outside those parts. That was my only real gripe with it though.
>>
>>336620432
Nope. That would be SH4, but even that is not a bad game.

SH1 is the undeniable king of all SH games.
>>
Imo 2 > SM > 3. I didn't really like any of the others. Being unsure of where to go and having to pull up your phone without pausing to check the map during the nightmare sequences was brilliant.
>>
>>336620237
Challenge, maybe. None of them are very difficult. I never found it scary though. I've replayed it a few times, most recently about two years ago when I was craving horror games and replayed all of them (except Book of Memories; fuck that game).
>>
File: 1437687838828.jpg (114 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
1437687838828.jpg
114 KB, 1280x960
>>
the ps1 graphics of silent hill 1 make the game scarier, i think it's the scariest silent hill game.

what does /v/ think of nanashi no game? i wish that would get a worldwide release. it has that same kind of feeling (though it's not nearly as scary) because it was on the DS.
>>
I got stuck on the shadow puzzle at the school and haven't touched it for years. It was okay. I'm not really a fan of run and hide shit in games but thankfully that was only in alt SH.
>>
>>336620772
where's SH1 ?
>>
>>336620969
after SH3. That's just a my top 3 in the series
>>
File: 1459985036887.jpg (26 KB, 329x313) Image search: [Google]
1459985036887.jpg
26 KB, 329x313
>>336619630

>Generic story

A town being engulfed in darkness channeled through a girl's nightmarish suffering is generic now? I'm pretty sure SM is just a """"""retelling"""""" of SH1 but with a crappy SH2 twist to it.

>environments

I don't even understand this criticism. All Silent Hill games take place in the same town, go through some hospital and an underground tunnel at some point. At least when the nightmare world occurred you knew shit was going down, monsters were getting stronger and the environment actually felt repulsive and dangerous, as opposed to turning into a surreal winter wonderland

>monsters

Yeah, because running from pink-skinned things is the height of SH monster design. At least the monsters in SH1 were threatening to a degree.

>Bosses were shit

Bosses were never the series strongest points, though I will say SH3 had the best fights imo.

>Music

It may not have a standout OST like 2 and 3, but it had its memorable songs like Not Tomorrow and the main intro, not to mention a shoutout to My Heaven as the most fucked up boss fight music in vidya
>>
>>336620862
>nanashi no game

looked it up, seems interesting
>>
>>336614063
it was good. a very interesting reimagining of the original story. i liked that there were the psychiatrist sessions which effected how some things are portrayed in the game, and it wasn't just a totally arbitrary gimmick, it tied into the plot well.
in general the game has an interesting and unique atmosphere to it.
one thing it's missing (i think all the western silent hills are missing this) is a large variety of dark background ambience. in SH 1-4 you could sometimes expect every room to have its own unique ambience, along with unique art, and it really gave character to different places. SM's monster design isn't particularly interesting either, but it works for the type of game it is.
all in all i'd say it's a worthy western silent hill game. its unique, it's its own thing, it doesn't try and fail to be what the original games were. i feel that the developers gave silent hill as a game series and a place a good examination and reinterpreted it in their own, genuine way. i don't like it as much as i like 2-3 but at the very least it feels like a genuinely-made game with real thought behind it.
>>
Not as good as the first 3, but i'd play it over every Silent Hill game that aren't the first 3 and I think it's a great game in its own right. One of my favorite Wii games probably.
>>
>>336621146
>I'm pretty sure SM is just a """"""retelling"""""" of SH1 but with a crappy SH2 twist to it.
SM took the basic setup of 1 and spun it into an entirely different story. It wasn't a retelling at all.
>>
It's biggest problems are the chase scenes besides the lack of monster variety mainly when you have to swing the wii mote to get the monsters off you or make obstacles you have to then re-orient yourself with the pointer usually causing you to look off in a random direction usually leading to you getting tackled again.

aside from that this game is really damn good. great atmosphere, fantastic sound and level design, the story is pretty hokey but genuinely affecting by the end.
best silent hill out of the west-made ones you can tell they really tried to capture the feel of a silent hill game.
>>
>>336621398
And it didn't even need to use the basic set-up of SH1 to begin with. Ignoring the names of characters and locations the only real similarity this game has with SH1 is a father trying to search for his daughter. And that's hardly a story unique to SH1.
>>
File: 1461614152354.png (6 KB, 155x163) Image search: [Google]
1461614152354.png
6 KB, 155x163
>>336621398

That's what bothers me the most about SH:SM. Why did it need to be a "retelling" of SH1? It could have been its own game, telling a unique story, rather than using the same SH1 characters.
>>
>>336622168
It was, until Konami PR started branding the game as a Silent Hill re-imagining then remake. The developers wanted a spinoff area off the Silent Hill franchise, that was their sales pitch.

Sadly they went with the forced hardcore market gamer idea. And the rest is history. Shattered Memories pleases no single group.

It's a 5/10. A 6/10 if you really like the plot.
>>
the series should've ended with 3, there was nothing more to say after those three games and any game that tried came off as bad fanfiction
some of the games that came after had interesting mechanics (the room, the mirrors from origins) and the games could've been great if they weren't bogged down by the SH name and the expectations that came with it

sequels in general don't mix well with horror games imo
there's only so many times you can go through the same game mechanics and get scared, and if you change too much what's the point of keeping the name?
>>
>>336614063
I think it's top 4 material.

However the puzzles are really, really easy.
>>
>>336622168
I personally don't understand this complain.
The game would lose more than half of its appeal and impact if it did NOT have that SH1 & 3 "connections".

SM provided a brilliant, always surprising experience because it constantly went against your expectations, literally shattered your memories. You already had emotional connection with the cast of the original(s), so the game could easily skip the lengthy introduction phases and get straight to the point.
>>
>>336614063
Great game. And say what you want, at the time, the "use your wii-mote as a flashlight, or a cellphone" thing was wonderful for immersion.

I understand that fans of Silent Hills may have been let down but I thought it was genuinely good in its own way. It has to be enjoyed as more of a standalone thing than an entry in the Silent Hills series.
>>
You know for a Wii game the character animations are surprisingly good.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zKqvUyehmU
>>
File: 1407884385655.png (2 MB, 2000x4062) Image search: [Google]
1407884385655.png
2 MB, 2000x4062
>>336614063
Utter garbage.
>>
>Silent Hill is depicted as being in Maine or New Hampshire.
>Shattered Memories implies its in Upstate New York at one point.
>>
>>336624043
The "Silent Hill" you go through is all just in Cheryl's head, who probably doesn't have the greatest recollection of what the real one looked like 20-ish years later.
>>
>>336614063
I usually don't like gimmicks, but the Wiimote was perfect for exporation in horror games. The non-nightmarish parts were confy as fuck. It's really one of my favorite silent hill
>>
>>336614063
Only one disadvantage: it bears Silnt Hill mark.

The Shattered Memories devs didn't have a choice under the feet of Konami but if the id and IF they'd release the game under completely different title with no changes/addition related to Sh and only with original idea - it would be a fucking hit with shittons of sequels (that obviously would be worse than original because that is the rule of game sequels).

But yeah, SH mark ruined it (as in terms it did not gain enough attention and underrated)
>>
>>336623902
I can't tell if this is serious. I mean, things like "factual opinions" clearly indicate it's some kind of bait, but you never know with some of those faggots.
>>
File: bait.png (24 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
bait.png
24 KB, 250x250
>>336625341
retard
>>
>>336615867
This so much. Shame it'll most likely never happen now that Konami went full-mobile/pachinko.

Weird thing is, a long time ago I read rumors about some of the first game got privately remade with PS2 visuals to spectate where SH2's direction should go. Most likely bullshit, but it got me wondering.
>>
>>336614063
doodoo
>>
>>336623342
This. How people do the get this is beyond me. A big part of the game's charm is how it plays with and defies your expectations.
>>
>>336623902
That forum sounds like total shit.
>>
Ranks of th non team silent games.

pt?>Sm> origins> mobile> downpour> homecoming> bom.
>>
File: 1452360879753.png (590 KB, 879x1651) Image search: [Google]
1452360879753.png
590 KB, 879x1651
>>336628618

Most Silent Hill forums tend to become horrible pretentious thanks to the "openness" of the games.
>>
>>336629702
Would one rather deal with fanboy pretentiousness or casual idiot misinformation?
>>
File: fourth_floor.jpg (29 KB, 600x180) Image search: [Google]
fourth_floor.jpg
29 KB, 600x180
>>336629702

Both are pretty terrible, anon.
>>
>>336614063
HD remaster when?

Konami pls ;___;
>>
Little things..
>>
I only played the PSP version. Was there any big difference between the Wii version and the PSP version?
>>
>>336614063

It's a fun play the first time around but the writing really falls to pieces if you examine it too closely.
>>
>>336614063
Shattered Memories is one of my favorite games. It may not be the scariest game in the franchise, but I never found anything particularly scary in the series. I enjoy the PI system, and I love that it affects the appearance of the characters and world in certain ways. I also think the plot is pretty good, and the endings are pretty emotional. The only thing I find lacking is the puzzles, and I think the ice world isn't as interesting as the Otherworld of previous installments.
>>
I kind of want them to try the whole psyche evaluation thing again. It was a good start but the changes weren't enough.
>Way too easy to go on path for the best family ending
>Sexual points made the game more fanservice than actually adding horror based on it
>Alcohol points are nearly impossible to get
>Enemies barely change based on points
I think if they did it again with better hardware and had more differences it would be GOAT.
>>
pretty good game with great technology for the wii
also GOAT twist
>>
>>336623902
>shallow plotline
I thought 2 had the best plot, and to say its the worst of the first three is bullshit.
>>
>>336634421
Graphically, the PS2 and PSP versions are greatly downgraded from the Wii original. Especially the ice-effects and drawing distance took a big hit.
>>
File: Dahlia Shattered Memories.jpg (428 KB, 1250x862) Image search: [Google]
Dahlia Shattered Memories.jpg
428 KB, 1250x862
>>336619572
Yeah, Shattered Memories is probably the least scary of the whole series.

Thought it was great in terms of atmosphere and narrative though.
>>
Which ending you get first time /v/?
Were you a perv and got the cheater ending?
>>
>>336622168
>>336622697
Loved what we got from SM. But it bothers me that they had to ditch the standalone ideas just so they could reuse characters that are barely similar to the old ones.

It isn't enough to really detract from the core of the story for me, it just seemed unnecessary.
>>
One of the very few videogames with genuinely good story
>>
I remember playing this game with my mother

since she didn't know how to play I would move the character around and do the stuff, but she would teel me what to answer on the tests and what to look at, etc

then we got to the sexual stuff and it was really akward, but she answered like it was nothing
>>
File: missing_by_rekkiem-d4baadu.png (599 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
missing_by_rekkiem-d4baadu.png
599 KB, 600x600
>>336639539
I got the Love Lost Ending.
Best ending
>>
I need a sequel with improved mechanics.
>>
>>336639742
Thats the ending most people get their first time through.
>Her father was a hero
I love how your ending decides how much she tried to ignore her fathers flaws, with love lost it shows he was as good of a father as she hoped. The only other one that shows him positively is the abuse one, which shows she was right about her mother.
>>
>>336614632
really I just wish it was more complex with its personality readings, and the monsters changing more drastically, both physically and with their attack patterns. It was a solid, fun time though, with a good twist.
it just couldve been alot more if Konami was willing to throw some dough at something ambitious
>>
File: tylee.gif (704 KB, 500x373) Image search: [Google]
tylee.gif
704 KB, 500x373
>>336639723
>awkward
I brought it to a friend's place back in the day.

He ended up getting into an argument with his mother during the questions on whether or not a couple should stay together for their kids.
>>
>>336634421
>>336638628
It's still amazing to me that Climax managed to get the game to run on the PSP at all, especially when the ISO is less than 1GB.
>>
File: SH-SM Wii vs PS2.jpg (60 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
SH-SM Wii vs PS2.jpg
60 KB, 720x960
>>336640186
all it really takes is some heavy compression + total removal of some elements. PSP was almost on par with PS2 specs-wise, and the low resolution does help running things smoother. You gotta remember that Wii was barely faster than Gamecube.

it's just a shame they did not make a PS3 version. All the effects and detail of Wii's version, in HD resolution.
>>
File: HarryMason conceptart.jpg (347 KB, 1475x1280) Image search: [Google]
HarryMason conceptart.jpg
347 KB, 1475x1280
>>336639917
>he was as good of a father as she hoped
While the last video tape definitely paints Harry in a positive light, there's still the tragic undertone of a child trying to piece together an image of who her father was, based on some mementos and a few old video tapes.
>>
>>336639539
i got distraught drunkard dad
>>
>>336640656
Well with love lost it is supposed to imply that he
1. knew his daughter well enough to know she cares about her recordings
2. Was kind enough to break off the marriage but still love the child
3. Put his child first in his life
That ending is supposed to show that while she didn't really know him, he was a good father.

The other endings show that she was just lying to herself and he wasn't as perfect as she hoped.
>>
>>336640861
Thats... one of the harder ones to get, why were you staring at beer bottles? Cheater I could see happening first playthrough.

Its one of the funnier endings though
>>
> trying to get slutty Sybil on second playthrough
> she is different all right but is wearing even more clothes than last time
>>
>>336641187
All you have to do is stare at a poster anon, how did you answer the starting quiz?
>>
File: 1460300394591.jpg (148 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1460300394591.jpg
148 KB, 1280x720
>>336617138
>>336620265
You've been with me for so long...
And I always will be!
>>
>>336641326
i specifically was going for pervy answers, but i don't think it did anything.
>>
>>336641548
Did you stare at the poster anon? You might have been just a few points off and ended up with the friendly version of her instead. Hilariously enough most players have a hard time getting the friendly version of her.

Just remember to stare at anything remotely boob shaped
>>
File: rg.jpg (174 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
rg.jpg
174 KB, 720x540
>>336617138
>People like Shattered Memories
>mfw it's just a walking simulator

1 was way better, you have to be a bit ignorant to not see that ending coming from the first 10 seconds of the game

This game isn't scary, i hate that there is just 1 enemy type in this game, and as many other games in the Wii the puzzles are gimmicky as fuck
>>
>>336614063
Great ideas; kind of a lackluster execution. I thought it excelled with atmosphere, I just wish there were more actual gameplay and combat.

Actually my dream survival horror game is basically this game, but fully realized. Psych profiling would actually matter more, with the game throwing completely different enemy types at you depending on how you were evaluated, or even entire scenarios (i.e., if you were afraid of drowning or had claustrophobia, you might have a segment where you'd have to swim in incredibly narrow passages where it'd be ages before you somewhere where you could come up for air).
>>
>>336642070
Also I forgot, one thing about the game was that it had a great story that actually handled mature themes in games pretty well. We need more games like that.
>>
>>336622168
I actually think it worked great. That a and the pr branding of "the game plays you" served as a red herring that made the end so much more impactful when you realized what was really going on.
>>
>>336623902
This list is pretty stupid. 2 gets shallow story? What? And 3 praised for map flow when it had terrible pacing problems up until Harry's app.
>>
>>336623902
>that reason for disregarding 4
It was litterally made simultaneously with 3.
>>
Does anyone else ALWAYS have trouble with the forest chase segment? I can never understand where to go. Honestly I feel like I got past the part completely by luck my first time around.

My second playthrough, I got right up to that part, then stopped playing because I forgot where to go again. It's the only chase segment that gives me a lot of trouble too.
>>
File: Bloody Wall Puzzle.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Bloody Wall Puzzle.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>>336614063
What the fuck can the code be?
>>
File: Until Dawn therapist.jpg (153 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Until Dawn therapist.jpg
153 KB, 640x360
>>336642070
I'd love to see the ideas in Shattered Memories expanded upon.

I thought Until Dawn would try something like it once they introduced the same therapist questioning sections, but asking the player which picture they find scarier wasn't exactly subtle.
>>
>>336614063
Only game to ever give me nightmares

I don't know the psychological mindgames were really freaky to me with how they keep throwing you around and intentionally getting you lost etc.
>>
>>336623902
I loved SH1, but the general plot of chasing down the wacky evil cult members wasn't exactly thought provoking.
>>
>>336643031
Never played Until Dawn but despite my initial antipathy for the game, apparently it's actually pretty good for what it is, one of those interactive movie games.

Yeah, my ideal survival horror is basically SH:SM, but with combat, more actual gameplay, psychic powers which might affect a sanity meter of sorts, and psych profiling that actually significantly changed the game.

>this game will never get made
>tfw
>>
>>336642976
I found it! 5661
>>
>>336643335
Dammit anon now I want this.
Silent hill meets eternal darkness meets until dawn.
>>
>>336642903
I just wing it. I think I've played through SM so much that I know the places by hard now.
>>
>>336614063
i expected it to be shit.
but it was a good game actually , the ending was god tier also
>>
I fucking hate the chase segments
>>
File: Indigo-Prophecy-Palpatine.jpg (112 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Indigo-Prophecy-Palpatine.jpg
112 KB, 1024x768
>>336643335
Almost everything you said reminded me of Indigo Prophecy.

But I'd bet money that that's not game the game you're looking for.
>>
>>336646469
so? what the hell was that guy? i remember he could fly. also, was the little girl god? that game was weird
>>
It's shit. Don't listen to any muh story faggots.
>>
>>336614063
one of the worst things Tomm Hullet ever made.
>>
File: 1459727201522.png (55 KB, 200x196) Image search: [Google]
1459727201522.png
55 KB, 200x196
>SM has become accepted in the SH fandom

What happened
>>
>>336614063
overwatch is more my style.
>>
File: indigo_prophecy_qte.jpg (25 KB, 450x281) Image search: [Google]
indigo_prophecy_qte.jpg
25 KB, 450x281
>>336646729
Well...
The Oracle was a member of the Orange Clan, which was basically a cult/shadow government that was trying to fulfill an ancient Mayan prophecy by seeking out the Indigo Child and learning whatever words of power she had to give.

The Indigo Child was a little girl that apparently had a pure soul and holds the secret of the meaning of life. The game characterizes this by giving her no dialogue other than whatever it is that she whispers to the protagonist at the end before dying.

Yeah, things got weirder the longer the story went on.
>>
File: SH1Doghouse.jpg (164 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
SH1Doghouse.jpg
164 KB, 640x480
>>336647172
Some people were able to look past nostalgia goggles and acknowledge the merits of a different style of Silent Hill game?
>>
File: 1461778682492.jpg (20 KB, 408x446) Image search: [Google]
1461778682492.jpg
20 KB, 408x446
>>336647790

God I hope not, the next thing you know we'll actually have people defending Downcoming and Homepour.
>>
>>336614063
slightly above average indie horror title if you completely ignore teh silent hill ties

otherwise it's shit
>>
File: Sethart.jpg (182 KB, 786x1100) Image search: [Google]
Sethart.jpg
182 KB, 786x1100
>>336648203
speaking of street fighter

>psychiatrist was the same VA as pic related
>>
File: 1365700547516.jpg (106 KB, 554x439) Image search: [Google]
1365700547516.jpg
106 KB, 554x439
>>336648203
I still didn't get as frustrated with them as I did with SH4.
>>
>>336640382
Lol what the fuck what a bizarre change
>>
File: 1453611222454.png (231 KB, 342x342) Image search: [Google]
1453611222454.png
231 KB, 342x342
>>336650441

>SH4
>Hard
Thread replies: 130
Thread images: 36

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.