[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wow nostalgia
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 75
File: warcraft.jpg (165 KB, 622x240) Image search: [Google]
warcraft.jpg
165 KB, 622x240
WoW trilogy (Vanilla/TBC/Wrath) nostalgia thread.

What is your favorite zone from:
>Eastern Kingdoms
Stanglethorn Vale
>Kalimdor
Tanaris
>Outland
Netherstorm
>Northrend
Grizzly Hills

Favorite quest chains?
I always remember the Honor Hold quests because it was the very first time I had been in Outland, I had saved myself from spoiling it whatsoever and it was all absolutely magical.The fort on the edge of reality breaking apart was just fucking magical

Favorite dungeons and raids?
Wailing Caverns is fucking amazing.
>The room in front of the dungeon entrance
Easily the prettiest part of the dungeon, damn shame what LFD did to it
It's an easy choice, but Karazhan is probably my favorite raid. It's very unique.

Prized possesions?
Ill always love my Sunreaver Dragonhawk and Venomhide Ravasaur
>>
Old Azshara was so good.
>>
>>336364752
I enjoyed the aesthetic of Syphilis.
>>
>>336364752
>Eastern Kingdoms
I loved to hang out in goldshire to get drunk, tell stories, and duel

>Kalimdor
I think I've gotta pick ashenvale, not only to gank on my twink by the silverwing area but to also raid splinter tree post with friends

>Outland

I really liked the style of zangramash
(i hope i spelled that right it's been years)

>northrend

stormpeaks was epic with the frozen battle of the ice giants as well as ulduaar and all of that jazz

>favorite quest chains

from vanilla i think i'd have to go with the hidden LoZ quest where you get links master sword and boomerang

>Fav dungeons and raids

dungeon i'd probabaly have to pick either deadmines or SM

i made way too many friends on those and loved to run people through

>favorite raid

i have to agree with OP karazhan was very cool
loved the chess and the play/opera

>Prized possesions

I collected a lot of useless junk...

but i think of all my useless junk I enjoyed my stormwind guard set the most, it was funny as hell it made people laugh, and it was unique enough because they removed the quests that gave a couple of the important pieces, so anyone trying to replicate it couldn't do it as well and ending up using imperial gear.

ah those were the days..
>>
>>336364752
>EK
Westfall was always my favorite zone out of the entire game. I loved the whimsical fantasy Depression Era Dustbowl aesthetic it had going.
>KA
No real preference. I was Alliance scum so I stayed in EK until I wanted a change of pace from Hinterlands around 45.
>OL
The blasted desolation of Hellfire Peninsula was pretty cool, between the music and the Path of Glory paved with the bones of billions of Draenei
>NR
Wrath was when I started losing interest in the game. Something changed and I can't put my finger on what, but the charm was gone and I never made it past Borean Tundra.
>>
>>336364752
Did anyone else like the rather empty themed areas like Desolace, Ferralas and badlands?

I played on a super low pop server, Ysondre and these places were even more barren then usual and friendships were made super quickly for company and conversation.

I remember the quite comfy/lonely feelings of being 14 over the summer, leveling while on Vent with my guild friends just leveling away in these lonely parts, almost like the beginning of There Will be Blood, not seeing another player, friend or ally scum for hours.
>>
>EK
Eastern Plaguelands
>Kalimdor
Ashenvale was the shit. I also liked Un'Goro when it wasn't fucking you around with gaps between required levels for quests.
>Outland
Shadowmoon. I still remember the quest for the fugly-ass hunter helm where you release Teron Gorefiend... And now I remember WoD and feel sick.

>Northrend
Icecrown/Dragonblight
>>
>Eastern Kingdoms
Eastern Plaguelands

>Kalimdor
Probably The Barrens

>outland
Shadowmoon Valley

>Northrend
Icecrown, probably my favorite zone in the entire game, even to this day. Great story and quests there.

>favorite quest chain
the intro to northrend at howling fjord where you meet the LK was pretty interesting, also the chain involving gul'dan in shadowmoon valley

also everything involving the netherwing in shadowmoon

>favorite raid
probably karazhan just because I had good friends back then, ICC and ulduar are close

>prized posessions
my competitors tabard, heroic deathbringers will that took me forever to get, my title "the magic seeker"
>>
>>336368705
I loved the centaur questline where you had to pick a side.
I had a levelling partner and we picked opposite factions to see what happened.

Fuck. This is one of those little things that has died now.
>>
>>336368930
>>336368830
My Roodypoo!
>>
>>336368959
:(
I remember those days...
>>
I enjoy questing in vanilla over the cata style. It's fun to make your own questing routes, do the quests in every order you like and grouping up for elites.
>>
>>336369292
I actually think the revamp of vanilla was one of the good things to come out of cata. They really improved some zones immensely, like thousand needles and western plaguelands, I just wish they didn't make it so much easier.
>>
>Eastern Kingdoms
Elwyn Forest or Eversong Woods if it counts
>Kalimdor
Teldrassil or Azuremyst if that counts
>Outland
Zangarmarsh
>Northrend
Grizzly Hills
>>
Anyone for Hinterlands?

With that long but very fun (especially on a pvp server and running across ally) Jintha Alor?

>tfw you will never be doing the group quests down the narrow alleys of JA while chatting up with your group over vent
>tfw you will never run across some allies doing the same thing
>tfw you will never swap /emotions to each other taunting each other
>you will never pvp them in a very narrow and small area while avoiding pulling adds
>>
>>336369441
I didn't really like the new Thousand Needles.
It had like 5 quests for such a big zone and the water made it a fucking pain to just skip past.
>>
>>336369441

Too linear
Too easy
Too jam-packed with dumb meme quests
Ruined so much of the world with no intent to ever fix it (dumping a volcano in ashenvale, draining loch modan, etc)
>>
File: 1451173651304.jpg (47 KB, 1024x474) Image search: [Google]
1451173651304.jpg
47 KB, 1024x474
>Eastern Kingdoms
Arathi Highlands
>Kalimdor
Thousand Needles
>Outland
Nagrand/Netherstorm
>Northrend
Howling Fjord

>Favorite quest chains?
The whole Onyxia attunement questline was great.

>Favorite dungeons and raids?
I really liked Zul'Farrak, I feel like it's the point when the game really opens up and you start getting really nice gear, a mount and access to the really nice spells.

>Prized possesions?
Got both ZG mounts but I'm sure they stopped discontinuing them because everyone has to have everything now. I also farmed and got a Hyacinth Macaw before they nerfed the droprate.
>>
File: 1460026548833.jpg (32 KB, 502x417) Image search: [Google]
1460026548833.jpg
32 KB, 502x417
>>336364752
>EK
Ghostlands. Belf was my favorite class to level just because of their starter area in general.
>Kalmidor
Barrens/Xroads. Spent so much time there leveling up alts, and /1 or /3 chat was priceless fun.
>Outland
Thrallmar
>Northrend
Eh
>Quest Chain
The Traitor's Destruction which you could pick my favorite weapon in the game, Sin'dorei Warblade. Looked cool as hell, and carried me till ~lvl 35.
>Fav Dungeon
Agreed w/ WC if you didn't get helplessly lost in the huge ass cave, if not then Shadowfang Keep. Had a spoopy vibe, as well as challenging (Thanks BOA gear for fucking up wow), but fun boss fights.
>Raid
Ice Crown Citadel. Fighting Arthas was the high point of WoW imo.
>Prized Possesion
Lvl 19 Rogue and Hunter BC Twink that would destroy anybody and everybody in BG. My best was 47/2 in WSG
I honestly want Legion to be good, and I've already preordered it, I'm just afraid it's gonna kill WoW.
>>
Am I the only one that hated how WoW, and especially Vanilla, is so jam packed with fucking TROLLS

Their attack and death animations are so grating, and their wonky designs just look horrid with their gross bendy-slouchy posture

Zul'Farrak, Zul'Gurub, Sunken Temple Tanaris, Hinterlands, Arathi, Stranglethorn, and the list goes on.

Their death/combat animations I feel are only matched by God Damn Gnomes... But Gnomes only have Gnomeregan so it's at least skippable.
>>
>>336364752
Nostfags are literally Goobergate 2.0

Stop living in the past and get with the future. Legion is around the corner, maybe you manbabies can get skilled enough to beat mythic content instead of relying on 3-move Rag as your defining raiding experience.

Wrath lovers need not apply. At least heroic Lich King was still harder than anything vanilla + BC combined.
>>
>>336367709
i want to edit my prized possession and also mention my furbolg form rod that you get from not finishing that quest in ashenvale
>>
>>336364752
>EK
Eastern plaguelands. I remember needing to farm something (scourge tokens maybe? i forget) for a rep, and on KJ at least it was an eternal gankfest. Had so much fun being a faggot.
>Kalimdor
Winterspring. I was never too into the zone but again have very fond memories of pvp there. I recall someone got a krol blade to drop from a yeti, and not knowing yet how random world drops worked, I farmed yetis for an entire week hoping for a payday. I didn't have skinning either so really it was a waste, but at least I murdered a lot of kings honor scum.
>Outland
Nagrand by far, just always felt comfy and feel like I spent the majority of outland questing time there.
>Northrend
Icecrown. Looking back grizzly hills is way cooler but icecrown was where most of my big fights were.
>Favorite chain
I'm probably a shitter but was so busy pvp'ing in vanilla that I never caught up on gear and had an odd schedule so I sucked for raids. The tier 0.5 chain was probably the first time I had a "set" and it made me feel so fucking cool, plus I thought it looked awesome.
>Dungeon/raid
Dire Maul.. north, i think. I like ogres.
Kara for raids, like a lot of people. Ulduar of course as well but I spent so much time in Kara and made so many friends, even when we didn't look up shit and wiped a bunch.
>Prized possession
It sounds stupid now but the original engineering flying mount was my favorite by far. it was the first mount I really wanted and the only one I went far out of my way to farm the mats for and build, one of the first on the server (not that that really matters since it's not a special mount) but still felt neat.
>>
>>336364752
In going to skip a bunch of these questions and go straight to prized possession. It has to be that staff quest item that transforms you into a Furbolg for 1 minute (Cata probally took it from me, I haven't played since wrath to check) but I used to love just walking round Stormwind as a bear.

The fish trinket from the fishing tournament is also a close second. I'd just sit chilling in the Dalaran fountain.
>>
>>336371496
remember the Ashenvale quest that gave you a consumable Divine Shield?
>>
>>336371330
here we all are enjoying our lives until this faggot shows up

>im gonna stay in nostalgia land not only because vanilla is infinitely better than current regurgitated cucklords of draenor but because casual cancer cells like you weren't there to spread disease
>>
>>336371689
fuck you it's all about the furbolg transforming rod.
>>
>>336371496
>>336372010
>>336371361
>>336371361

my niggas
>>
>>336372000
don't reply to him, he posts in every nostalgic wow thread. He is hungry for (you)s
>>
File: 1362726666405.gif (2 MB, 300x290) Image search: [Google]
1362726666405.gif
2 MB, 300x290
>>336369441
>like thousand needles
>>
>>336372010
>>
File: 1461171076124.jpg (3 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1461171076124.jpg
3 KB, 480x360
I'm tired of you nostfags spamming my /v/ with stupid old wow threads.
It dosnt exist; get over it.
They already told you legacy realms are literally impossible but yet you proceed to annoy the fuck out of everyone with yur crying.
But don't worry, you will all come back for pristine realms, Fuckin vanillacucks
>>
>>336372000
savage
>>
>>336372000
trips don't lie
>>
>WotLK
>nostalgia
wot

Fuck you for making me feel old because I quit before that expansion ever came out.
>>
WHO /spriest with Anathema/ HERE
>>
File: 72c.jpg (18 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
72c.jpg
18 KB, 600x450
>>336372212
>Nostalgia thread
>Just remember WoW old days
>NO mention of drama or private servers or legacy servers
>Muh nostfags muh goobergate 2.0
Dont you ever sleep dude?
>>
Just a reminder that Wrath of the Lich King came out 8 years ago.

There are kids playing WoW right now weren't even born when Wrath or TBC came out.
>>
File: elvenbutt.jpg (872 KB, 2539x1365) Image search: [Google]
elvenbutt.jpg
872 KB, 2539x1365
>>336372394
>>
>>336364752
>Eastern Kingdoms
STV as well. But only on populated servers
>Kalimdor
Hyjal
>Outland
Nagrand
>Northrend
Grizzly Hills for life. Howling Fjord also had its charm though.
>>
>>336372212
>I can look away but I choose to come here to argue like a faggot

I bet you're a jealous manlet millennial
>>
>>336372212
Nostfags are literally Goobergate 2.0 now, anon. They are sad excuses for entitled man children and will continue to cry. Hopefully they are banned and told to go to /vg/ with their nostalgia generals.
>>
File: 1291120495026.png (48 KB, 350x207) Image search: [Google]
1291120495026.png
48 KB, 350x207
>>336364752
>What is your favorite zone from

>Eastern Kingdoms
WPL/EPL/Silverpine
>Kalimdor
Azshara
>Outland
didn't play BC until the end of it
>Northrend
Storm Peaks

>Favorite quest chains?
The Islander
The Affray
The Windwatcher
The quest where you have to heat up a blade while fighting Onyxia then kill Onyxia then run the fuck over to Dire Maul to get it because it ran on a timer I miss Quel'Serrar

Maraudon
AQ40

>Prized possesions?
Corrupted Ashbringer
Archeus
>>
File: (you).jpg (503 KB, 1280x1385) Image search: [Google]
(you).jpg
503 KB, 1280x1385
>>336372545
hi
>>
>>336372545
>I don't know what words mean, but use them anyway
>>
>>336371110
nah. i played as a troll; i like trolls.
>>
File: 1359169194066.gif (1 MB, 200x118) Image search: [Google]
1359169194066.gif
1 MB, 200x118
>Started in vanilla
>Played arms warrior through level 40
>See dual wielding, decide to jump shit to fury and never go back
>Wrath on the horizon
>Friend tells me to go look at fury's wrath talent tree
>My fucking face when read titans grip's description
Wrath will always be my favorite because I got to dual wield 2 hands

First and last cool thing Blizz gave warriors
>>
Favorite zones by expansion

>Vanilla
Tanaris
>TBC
Nagrand
>Wrath
Sholazar Basin
>Cata
Uldum
>Pandaland
Valley of the Four Winds
>WoD
Nagrand
>>
>>336372545
We can only hope. It's so fucking pathetic lol I would literally beat their ass just for fun if I saw one of these oldman nostalgic fucks on by the street.
>>
File: wow nautilus.png (430 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
wow nautilus.png
430 KB, 1024x768
>>336364752
>Eastern Kingdoms
Hillsbrad. Even with all the PvP, I felt like it had a nice variety of things to do, especially as Horde.
>Kalimdor
Desolace. I don't know why I enjoy it so much, but there's something calming about it. I would usually grind there since STV was too hectic.
>Outland
Nagrand for the aesthetics, floating islands, nice amount of quests, space Nesingwary, etc.
>Northrend
Call me a madman, but Borean Tundra was pretty fun. Also not-STV was fun.
>>
After killing off Warcraft and turning it in to a MMO the whole Warcraft saga shit turned in to shit.. It's like they wanted to ruin a good game.. I hate Bliztard for doing this.. they all deserve to die
>>
>>336372942
>Remembering happy things is pathetic

You do know what nostalgia means right?
>>
File: Bestmount.jpg (140 KB, 640x596) Image search: [Google]
Bestmount.jpg
140 KB, 640x596
>>336372976
>Loved that concept art for years
>So sad it never got implemented
>Cata comes out
>Do Vash'Jir because i have pic related The amount how "How?" whispers I got in Vash'Jir on that little fuck made all that fishing in Borean for months totally worth it
>Fucking see the octopus temple underwater and lose my shit
>>
>>336372859
>fury warrior 5evr mom!
>it looks so kewl!
>=announccing you never were taken seriously or got close to doing anything of value.
>>
>>336373328
>Implying I gave a single shit
>>
File: 1446294247171.jpg (73 KB, 704x999) Image search: [Google]
1446294247171.jpg
73 KB, 704x999
>>336364752
Tough questions.

EK: Loch Modan
Kal: Un'goro/Feralas, can't pick one
Out: Nagrand
North: Crystalsong

Quest: anything relating to Duskwood or BRM
Five man: Scholomance
Raid: BWL

Prized posessions: Original Quel'serrar and Thunderfury, back when soloing Garr and especially Geddon was still fairly difficult in WotLK; blue Netherdrake, tiger from ZG and Attuman's Midnight.
>>
File: 1462236708099.jpg (149 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
1462236708099.jpg
149 KB, 650x650
>>336373414
Kek, bet you felt godly when you got your one and only kill in wpvp on an afk lowbie.
Fury warriors are the face of autism
>>
>>336364752
>Eastern Kingdoms
STVelcome to the jungle we've got fun and games
>Kalimdor
Barrens, always Barrens
>Outland
I liked Nagrand
>Northrend
Storm Peaks, Grizzly Hills and maybe Howling Fjord, can't pick

>Favorite quest chains?
A tie between Razelikh the Defiler which I never finished and EPL Tirion Fordring chain I have dreams, stranger. In these dreams my father is with me..

BRD is the best dungeon, Ulduar is the best raid I'd say, though the most fun I had was doing BWL with my guild.

>Prized possesions?
I dunno, I had Claw of the Black Drake on my T2 rogue and it was fucking gorgeous, but later on I kinda stopped caring about items. Killing people who had all sorts of OP stuff you didn't have felt good enough.
>>
File: 1356822140754.gif (2 MB, 333x194) Image search: [Google]
1356822140754.gif
2 MB, 333x194
>>336373678
I sucked at PvP, I did shit damage in raids, but I had a fucking blast doing it :^)
>>
File: 123.jpg (173 KB, 733x1191) Image search: [Google]
123.jpg
173 KB, 733x1191
newfags, reddit and neo v wont get this image
the ones that get it congratulations you get a gf
>>
>>336373784
You are then what killed mmorpgs.
Doing what "looks cool" and sacrificing your team at the same time.
You aren't supposed to ALWAYS play how you enjoy, you need to sacrifice fun to be better..
That's what made wow so great.
>>
>>336373873
I used to have something much better than a "gf", but then blizzard shut it down
>>
File: 1448078043795.png (87 KB, 164x222) Image search: [Google]
1448078043795.png
87 KB, 164x222
>>336370851
>my favorite weapon in the game, Sin'dorei Warblade

My fucking nigga. Impeccable taste.
>>
>>336374092
No you dense fuck, he's not supposed to be on par with everyone else when playing as a sub-optimal spec. If he ever complained about not being as good as the other DPS then yes, he is the part of cancer,

That's what I'd say if he was enh shaman or shadow priest or some shit, but holy fuck fury warriors are literally the highest damage class just how bad do you have to be
http://realmplayers.com/RaidStats/Ranking.aspx?Bosses=0B0C0D0E0F0G0H0I&realm=KRO
>>
>>336364752
>Eastern Kingdoms
The plaguelands were my hangout spot until TBC launched.
>Kalimdor
Tanaris was pretty awesome. Used to spend hours farming for treasure map pieces to go get that buried treasure. I really liked Feralas too.
>Outland
Toss up between SMV and Netherstorm. I liked the designs of both areas but I spent a lot of time in Netherstorm because of fucking Botanica runs.
>Northrend
I loved the music in Howling Fjord and Grizzly hills. Aesthetically though I'd have to say Storm Peaks.
>Quest chain
Getting the paladin charger. It felt like a huge accomplishment when I was finally done.
>Dungeons and raids
UD Strath and the culling of strath for dungeons, Ulduar, Kara, and Hyjal for raids.
>Prized possessions
I still have my holy mightstone, Taelan's Hammer, my trinket for collecting scourge stones, and my Righteous set. Had to run Bot for like two months to get the shoulders, fuck that place.
>>
>>336374092
>Complains that others have autism
Nigga I didn't even raid I signed up with pugs in previous patch content at the most. All I did was fuck around with friends, battlegrounds, run heroics, and farm rare vanity shit.
>>
File: 1452062178818.jpg (48 KB, 387x429) Image search: [Google]
1452062178818.jpg
48 KB, 387x429
I made a level 1 twink rogue that was absolutely amazing back in wrath. I once beat a level 20 with it (extremely difficult even though the guy was a complete idiot) but could regularly beat upwards to level 8s with full hierloom gear and about level 12-14 with quest only gear.

I spent like 2 weeks getting the stranglethorne vale arena quest (you had to get the chest 12 times and it only spawned every 3 hours, lots of competition) by sneakily taking it while others were fighting.

I put so much fucking effort into it and it was some of the most fun I've ever had in the game. Then they fucking ruined everything by removing the starting abilities you got from 3 to 1 and nerfing the enchants you were able to get. For example I could have a chest with +100 hp if it was item level 60 with no level requirement (only one such item existed, took me a month) and there were also some really rare enchants I had to hunt down that got nerfed.

Fuck you blizzard for taking my level 1 twink away from me.
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_111411_190422.jpg (156 KB, 1920x1018) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_111411_190422.jpg
156 KB, 1920x1018
I'm always in love with how the entire southern portion of Kalimdor funneled into the ruins of Ahn'Qiraj. From spotted areas around tanaris to covered up pathways leading out of ungoro crater, you'd find dark-colored obelisks as if they were markers of an ancient empire. Not to mention all the giant, twitching hives filled with insects in each zone.

It wasn't until you first stepped foot into Sithilus that you realized how far from home you were. The chances of getting ganked by opprotunistic pvpers or elite burrowers were both high. There was severe hostility in the air, like this great force was massing against you. Overall it felt entirely alien, even on a planet like Azeroth.

Don't even get me started on AQ itself. It was like descending into madness. whether from the old god atmosphere or from the sheer difficulty of dragging 40 pugs through trash and twin emperors
>>
File: 126850-jeweled-fishing-pole.jpg (45 KB, 513x357) Image search: [Google]
126850-jeweled-fishing-pole.jpg
45 KB, 513x357
Forgot about the single best thing in Wrath.
>>
>>336374640
>Not the skull fishing pole
Nigga
>>
>>336364752
>Wailing Caverns is fucking amazing.
>The room in front of the dungeon entrance

That right there is why Vanilla was so great. Just doing the little things required groups to get through. Nowadays, the game rolls over, calls you a hero and lets you fuck its wife in the ass.
>>
>>336374332
I feel bad for all those bgs and heroics you ruined.
>>
I'm just gonna say SFK or RFK best dungeon

Hillsbrad is the best quest zone, and i actually really like what they did to it in Cata, but it's a shame it just ends once you discover a dude is running a fucking concentration camp.

But i do miss defending Tarren Mill back in the day.

Prized item?. I want to say Whiskers the Rat from the old childrens week quest, or the Defias mask. Might not seem impressive but to me i cherished that mask on my Undead rogue and the journey to get it was a tale in itself
>>
>>336374496

Oh I also forgot to mention that although the level 20 was my record for highest level in a duel, I actually killed a level 80 once. I played allience and there were two horde players dueling somewhere a bit away from goldshire and just as one of them lost I stabbed the fucker and actually killed him.
>>
File: 60386594.jpg (49 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
60386594.jpg
49 KB, 600x400
>>336374707
No. Fuck you.
>>
File: 1429382704613.jpg (8 KB, 212x336) Image search: [Google]
1429382704613.jpg
8 KB, 212x336
>>336374629
>Mfw the first time I rolled up in Silithus and saw those gigantic swarms of Silithid flying around their hives
>>
File: 1461401468803.jpg (2 MB, 1407x1920) Image search: [Google]
1461401468803.jpg
2 MB, 1407x1920
>>336374797
RFK was the first instance I did where I realized shit was going down.

A fucking Lich, man. At level 35.
>>
>>336374756
>implying it is possible to ruin a wrath heroic
>>
>>336374797
>i actually really like what they did to it in Cata

Fuck you m8 they destroyed Southshore.
>>
>>336375002
>Being such a casual you didn't run dungeons for time.
Holy fuck, you are what killed the game. Get out of this thread.
>>
>>336375141
Yeah We won
>>
File: Feels they shall never take.png (163 KB, 780x818) Image search: [Google]
Feels they shall never take.png
163 KB, 780x818
>>336374997
>Yfw Blizzard absolutely fucking ruined Brill so badly it hurt Undead RP on literally every server and modern Brill looks like dogshit to this day.

Never forgive Blizz for fucking Brill up.
>>
I started in pandaria but I miss the raid of orgrimmer :(
>>
Not really a possession, but my first character was an Orc Hunter who tamed Takk the Leaper, back when he had an insane run speed. Actually made some alliance in stone talon crazy butt-mad because I would use eyes of the beast to run him beyond the range that my character was rendered, which at the time meant they couldn't attack the pet I was controlling. He just munched on people until the timer wore off. And then they normalized pets and everything that made him unique was gone. Sad day that was.
>>
>>336374997
I've had groups disband on him; he was fucking brutal and it was great.
>>
>>336374797
The only good part on that is the opening quest on the storyline where they make fun of players. That's it.
>>
File: 1429950490476.gif (2 MB, 149x198) Image search: [Google]
1429950490476.gif
2 MB, 149x198
>>336375217
>>
>>336375276
>I started in pandaria
Get the fuck out here
>>
>>336376506
First time I ran RFD, it was with a warrior who had just gotten the whirlwind axe. At the part where you get attacked by like 40 weak skeletons he said, "I got this", tried to whirlwind them down, and subsequently died. Good times on RFD.
>>
>>336376885

>be me
>running RFD
>I cause the whole group to wipe several times
>our healer's guild name is Should've Been Aborted

o, the irony
>>
File: disdain.jpg (26 KB, 400x462) Image search: [Google]
disdain.jpg
26 KB, 400x462
>>336376643
Nigger that was cringe-inducing as fuck. Quite literally ancient jokes being wheeled out by Blizzards pathetic quest-writers thinking no one else had thought of that shit

>Guise did u ever notice in quests u always collect 10 bear asses?? XDDD and how come npcs don't move?? XDDDD
>Look an Undead called 'Dumass'! and he's super wacky! XD

If you honestly enjoyed that you need to kill yourself.
>>
>>336364752
>Motherfucking Dun Morogh
Quests were ass but that aesthetic was some next shit. First character I rolled was a gnome and I loved their culture and history.
>Motherfucking Silithus
Sad that wasn't ever finished but I really enjoyed this zone, couldn't tell you why exactly. It was strangely comfy.
>Shadowmoon Valley
Music.
>Grizzly Hills
Music, atmosphere, quests. Whole package here. Fjord is a close second. I fucking love Icelandic music.
>ICC quests
They were all great. Everything in Icecrown was awesome. They did dailies right here, in my opinion.
>BWL/BWD
Huge and lots of nuances. This place was great and it was challenging
>Ulduar
Can't fucking go wrong. Atmosphere, quests, lore orgasms, superior hard mode and interesting bosses (bar the vehicle one)? Fucking love it.
>Val'anyr
>>
>>336364752
>Eastern Kingdoms
Probably Duskwood. When I first started the game I loved exploring and I got lost, ended up in Duskwood alone, dodging the terrifying level ?? wolves and spiders. The ambience along with the fact that death was literally waiting for me around every tree was super thrilling, especially since it was my first MMO at the time.

>Kalimdor
Feralas. I loved to go chill down there on my hunter because I'm an RP nerd faggot . Comfy as fuck.

>Outland
Terokkar Forest because bird people and the big shithole by Achindoun was fun.

>Northrend
Howling Fjord. The music. The atmosphere. I love that place. I really should go chill there again.

>Favorite quest chains
The warlock class quests. Hands down. I'm so sad they removed them, I wanted to relevel just to do those again.

>Favorite Dungeons and raids
Scarlet Monastery for some reason was endlessly entertaining to me. I could do that shit forever. Too bad they ruined it.

Favorite raid was probably Karazhan or Zul'aman. Zul'aman was comfy as fuck and I liked how it pushed your party to go harder for the extra rewards (never got the bear myself sadly). Karazhan was just a masterpiece with so much character and love put into it.

>Prized possession
Zulian tiger or crimson deathcharger
>>
>>336364752

Ummm idiots. You think you wanted to reply to this thread but you really didn't. You think you wanted to remember but you really didn't. You thought you had fun, but you really really didn't.
>>
>>336364752
>EK
I'm a sucker for Blood Elf architecture and colour scheme. Has to be Isle of Quel'Danas.
>Kalimdor
Winterspring is super comfy.
>Outland
Nagrand
>Northrend
Howling Fjord, if only for the music.
>Quest Chain
Netherdrakes or the DK starter zone.
>Dungeon and Raid
Magisters Terrace and Sunwell Plateau, for the same reasons why I picked my favourite EK zone.
>>
>>336364752

>Tried to stay gone
>But all these wow threads lately....

That's it...I'm resubbing
>>
File: 1448551652682.gif (428 KB, 490x339) Image search: [Google]
1448551652682.gif
428 KB, 490x339
>>336378114
>tfw was going to play on Nost
>got the character select screen then decided to sleep on it since I was indecisive as fuck
>Next day I get a text from my buddy telling me they're shutting it down
>Resubbed
>Enjoyed the shit out of Tanaan
>Getting raped in PVP for funzies

I CAN'T FUCKING GET AWAY FROM THIS GAME
>>
File: 256.jpg (14 KB, 229x281) Image search: [Google]
256.jpg
14 KB, 229x281
>>336378114
>resubbing to modern WoW
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_040216_181222.jpg (2 MB, 1840x1035) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_040216_181222.jpg
2 MB, 1840x1035
>playing the shit show that was vanilla
>>
>>336378463

Legion is on the horizon, gotta get ready.

>>336378382

I quit right before 5.1 so I have all this fucking panda rep to catch up on (plus battle pets....goddamn you battle pets)
>>
>>336364752
>EK
Westfall
>Kalimdor
Azshara
>Outland
Nagrand
>Northrend
Storm Peaks

>Favorite quest chain
The "Test of Faith" quest chain beginning in the Thousand Needles, where you jump off of the mountain and get teleported into a cave.

Kara for raid, Stratholme and Old Hillsbrad for dungeons.

>Prized possessions
Haunted Memento from the pre-wotlk event, Shadowmourne, Ashes of Alar, my old poison and flash powder collection on my Rogue. I'm sure I'm forgetting some things, it's been such a long time.
>>
File: 548.gif (449 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
548.gif
449 KB, 500x500
>>336378382
>>
>>336378627
>Legion is on the horizon, gotta get ready.
This (you) is on the house, enjoy it.
>>
>people who call Classic/pre-TBC "Vanilla"

all these fucking newfags need to get out
>>
>>336364752
>Prized possesions?
Whirlwind Axe. Linken's Boomerang, Linken Sword of Mastery and Haunted Memento
>>
>>336378546
God WoW subscribers have no respect for what made their game what is today.
>>
>>336378382
is this from that Offspring music video?
>>
>>336378847
It has always been vanilla.
>>
>>336378627
>gotta get ready
Does prepping the bull take this long?
>>
>>336378627
>Legion is on the horizon, gotta get ready.
Initially I was absolutely disgusted with the shit they were doing, and the more I read... There's some seriously cool shit on the horizon. I'm cautiously optimistic.

>>336378546
>Gotesluts

aww yiss
>>
>>336378847
>M-Muh PSX!

Kill yourself.
>>
>>336378847
>not calling it World of Warcraft
You don't call Fallout 3 without DLC "pre-Broken Steel" do you
>>
>>336378627
>Legion is on the horizon, gotta get ready

Am I getting memed or what
>>
File: 1448549768264.gif (525 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1448549768264.gif
525 KB, 480x270
>>336378943
Pearl Jam - Do the Evolution
>>
>>336371330
>expansions with the hardest raid bosses are the most fun

kekekekek, enjoying farming the same boss over and over and over
>>
File: 1456722183086.jpg (24 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1456722183086.jpg
24 KB, 480x480
>nost had decent community from day 1 to shut down
>try to find new server
>Kronos pop is unstable
>every TBC server has instant 60s, 2x rates and are basically dead
>nothing to do on retail unless you raid
>>
>>336371330
>talking shit about a game requiring absolutely no skill

must suck being terrible at actual skill games. everyone knows raiding requires no skill, nobody plays the game for that.

how many times did you get shit on in CS before you decided to try to 'be good' at an RPG?

LEL
>>
>>336364752
>considering WotLK as a good part of the WoW saga

>EK
The 4 corners type area between the blackrock areas, and Duskwood
>Kalim
The outskirt coves of Teldrassil
>Outland
The exterior raid location area of Black Temple
>Northrend
All trash, like.. maybe that zone in the middle, with the huge tower and dragon shrines and shit.

>Quest Chains
Sprite Darter Hatchling in Feralas, just 'cause noone else seemed to have that bad bitch

>Dungeon/Raids
I loved the Blackrock Dungeons, and loved the Karazhan raid.

>Prized possession
OG Gladiator's Greatsword, with Proximo inscription
Anzu heroic Sethekk Halls mount
>>
>>336378943
What? No that's from the Pearl Jam video, the animated Offspring video is "Divided by Zero/Slim Pickens Does The Right Thing and Rides The Bomb To Hell"
>>
>>336379136
All I do is PvP and solo old raids for fun stuff. Did some 2s with a buddy since they had the honor event.

playing warrior is pure masochism
>>
>>336364752
>Eastern Kingdoms
Eastern Plaguelands
>Kalimdor
Tanaris
>Outland
Shadowmoon Valley
>Northrend
Grizzly Hills

>Favorite quest chains?
Never had a favorite quest chain though I guess the closest would be whatever you do in Dragonblight that leads up to the Wrathgate incident where you take up the Battle for the Undercity.

Vanilla: Tie between Stratholme and Scholomance
TBC: Escape from Durnholde Keep
WotLK: Culling of Stratholme
>>
>>336378546
>Blizz gave autistic avatarfags selfie cameras
Its almost satire at this point
>>
>>336378823
>>336378957
>>336379074

Catching up on Rep grinds mostly. I like mounts

I fail to understand how it's beyond the realm of possibility that someone might enjoy some aspects of current wow. I mean I liked vanilla too but I'd never want to go further back than TBC

>>336379016

Indeed, I'm pretty hopeful at this point.
>>
>>336379371
>fun is bad

My brother corpse camped me and sent me selfies.
>>
File: 1461050343940.jpg (189 KB, 923x679) Image search: [Google]
1461050343940.jpg
189 KB, 923x679
>>336379395
>Indeed, I'm pretty hopeful at this point.
This has to be some kind of new falseflagging shitposting.
>>
>tfw you're 14 years old
>you're sitting at dinner with your parents
>all you can think about is getting back and logging in
>dinner finally ends, the drive home takes forever
>you jump online and start gathering a group for Sunken Temple
>that sweet feeling of adventure wipes away all your troubles and concerns
>life is easy
>you're happy
>never
>ever
>again

;(
>>
thousand needles was the GOAT level. Never went to Eastern Kingdom except for Stranglethorn Vale. I was troll mage master race. Quit before BC came out.
>>
File: 1459913157543.gif (3 MB, 384x384) Image search: [Google]
1459913157543.gif
3 MB, 384x384
>>336379554
I don't even pay attention to my garrison and I've had plenty of fun.
>>
Can we bring back WarcraftMovies?
>>
File: 1432365090119.jpg (44 KB, 720x814) Image search: [Google]
1432365090119.jpg
44 KB, 720x814
>subbed to retail with gold
>all these ugly as sin transmogs
Its ironic people complained about TBC gear making people look like clowns but 8 years later and most people you see look like they crashed into a closet going 99 miles per hour
>>
>>336379554

I haven't played since the middle of MoP but I hear they're not taking that shit over to Legion anyway.

I started playing wow back in 2005...I know what the game used to be like. It's hard to let go of that much though and Legion looks like it might be taking steps back into territory people will enjoy again.
>>
>>336379656
>Tfw they killed Sunken Temple

I hate how they shrank down all these dungeons while simultaneously nerfing all the mobs inside. ST runs used to be fun as fuck, now it's just... mindless
>>
>>336379807
>but I hear they're not taking that shit over to Legion anyway
That's straight from the Legion Alpha, it's the new Order Hall system which is basically Garrison 2.0
>>
>>336379830
Almost all vanilla dungeons got nerfed. ST and Scholo were collapsed down into a single story, SM was condensed down to two wings with significantly less mobs, parachutes and boosts were placed all over Gnomer so it can be run in under 5 minutes.
>>
>>336364752
Fuckin hell I really had to dig deep into my memory for this shit.

Favorite zones:
>Eastern Kingdoms
I fuckin hated that continent, but STV
>Kalimdor
Ashenvale & Tanaris
>Outland
Nagrand
>Northrend
HF

>Favourite questchain
I loved the whole TBC attunement chain.

>Favourite dungeon
Mech/Bot

>Favourite raid
BT & SWP

>Prized possesion
Pally t6 full set, still most awesome Pally set.
>>
>>336364752
>eastern kingdoms
loch modan
>kalimdor
silithus
>outland
netherstorm
>northrend
storm peaks

>favourite quest chains
mathias lehner in icecrown
anything with hemet nesingwary

>favourite dungeons
scarlet monastery
the caverns of time

>prized possessions
I'll never forget getting my dreadsteed the first time. got help from my shitty guildmates, sunk several hundred gold into getting it, and literally a week later it was patched to be trainable.

I still never rode any other ground mounts, even as later xpacs made more that were easier to get.
>>
>>336379492
>its fun guys
Should have known this was a shill thread
>>
>Eastern Kingdoms
Duskwood for sure. Very creepy atmosphere especially with the possibility of running into Stitches.
>Kalimdor
Un'goro Crater. Dinosaurs + Nintendo = heaven
>Outland
Nagrand. Very beautiful zone and solid questing experience.
>Northrend
Sholazar Basin for the aesthetics. Very tough to decide between that or Grizzly Hills.
>Quest Chain
The Legend of Stalvan. Such a great and deep quest for so early on.
>Dungeon
Zul'farrak - that stair battle was epic
>Raid
Tie between Kara and Ulduar, both were the most fun raid experiences I ever had in the game.
>Prized possessions
Spirit of Competition/Competitor's Tabard and Vampiric Batling
>>
File: 1455582770741.png (359 KB, 416x570) Image search: [Google]
1455582770741.png
359 KB, 416x570
>>336380082
>go to modern Scholo
>ghost that tells you the story is no longer outside
>dungeon is basically a hallway now
>plot now focuses on following the Mary Sue undead girl through the dungeon
>>
Is there any site that has the informationg regarding to shit they removed from the game over the years

specifically wotlk dk changes?
>>
File: urafaggit.gif (308 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
urafaggit.gif
308 KB, 480x270
>>336380203
>letting people take silly screenshots is bad

Yeah, man, I'm a shill, you got me. They're paying me to promote the game because we want you to resub for 15$ a month for the fucking selfie simulator. Shit, I'm going to lose my job now since you're onto me.
>>
So did they fix 1-60 to make a little more sense, or do new orcs still hear the diddle about Garrosh being warchief and a bunch of zones ending with him jumping out of a portal to try and play bad ass before jumping back in the portal after reading his lines?
>>
File: 1446382886324.jpg (75 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
1446382886324.jpg
75 KB, 540x540
>>336380082
>SM was condensed down to two wings

Probably one of the most disgusting things they ever did. SM was a fucking jewel.
>>
>>336380662
>current """"dev"""" team
>in charge of anything but fucking the game even more up
>>
>>336379721
http://www.warcraftmovies.com/
Most videos on there have more views than the respective youtube uploads.
>>
>Eastern Kingdoms
Eastern Plaguelands because of the top tier atmosphere, I fucking hate what they did to it in Cata.
>Kalimdor
Silithus, again for the amazing atmosphere, good thing it didn't get butchered.
>Outland
Easily Zangarmarsh, love how chill that zone is.
>Northrend
Do you even need to ask? Grizzly Hills.

Don't have a favorite dungeon, but Kara is easily the best raid in the game.

Fuck Cata and the way they butchered the world.
>>
>>336364752

>right around WotLK release
>create lvl 60 orc DK spec'd purely for ganking lowbies (fast horse, etc.)
>gank the shit out of STV and Duskwood
>I mean gank the SHIT out of them

Honestly surprised these alliance fags didnt hack wows servers, track my IP, and murder the shit out of me IRL
>>
>>336380448
>being ok with the concept of a selfie
Millennial detected. Get a grip man
>>
>>336364752
>Eastern Kingdoms
W/E Plaguelands.
>Kalimdor
Un'Goro. This was like another world inside Kalimdor
>Outland
Shadowmoon Valley.
>Northrend
Icecrown.
>Favorite quest chains
Paladin epic quest, Hand of A'dal and Champion of the Naaru quests
>Favorite raid
Ulduar, no question. I had 25 dedicated players on my guild who loved the content and we make our 4 healers get Val'anyr.
>Prized possesions
Oh I had a lot of mounts, pets, tabards, etc. Between them, I think the best ones was Corrupted Ashbringer, "Conqueror of Naxxramas", "Celestial Defender" and "Death's Demise"
>>
File: 1435031857160.png (85 KB, 172x233) Image search: [Google]
1435031857160.png
85 KB, 172x233
>played paladin since vanilla
>get called a heal cuck all the way to TBC
>wrath patch hits
>everyone jumps ship to ret because LE OP
>everyone abandons class in Cata because LE COMBO POINTS
>all the shitters will flock back to ret in Legion for their free Memebringers
>>
File: 1442358582795.gif (3 MB, 280x358) Image search: [Google]
1442358582795.gif
3 MB, 280x358
>>336380924

>being this upset over a fun toy
>unironically throwing out millennial as an insult
>>
>>336380924
>"Get a grip man"
>being this triggered by a stupid toy in a stupid game
>>
File: 1433466063173.jpg (22 KB, 340x340) Image search: [Google]
1433466063173.jpg
22 KB, 340x340
>>336381189
>>336381201
>Thinking it's okay that this "toy" was the main feature of one of only two major patches in an expansion
>>
>>336381078
>tfw I'm going back to Holy Paladin in Legion.

Did it through BC to MoP which is when I said no more, and now I can't live without it.
>>
>>336380807
I hear that. Honestly, I'm not sure why they felt the need to re-write every duking zone. I mean it's understandable to say "some things had to be fixed so flying worked in the old world", but you'd think some terrain muckery and a wink that "the cataclysm did it" would be good. But nooooo, have to rewrite the whole experience 1-60 and then pretend you fell backward in time for 61-80
>>
File: shitposting.webm (114 KB, 325x181) Image search: [Google]
shitposting.webm
114 KB, 325x181
>>336381378
>moving the goalposts

Nobody said that faggot, and I have no idea when or what it's from, I only resubbed like a week ago
>>
>>336380807
>Silithus

We'll never know what could've became of it since it was literally an unfinished zone. I don't know what it was about Silithus but Blizzard just did not want to complete it for whatever reason. At some point throughout TBC or Wrath they put portals to Blasted Lands in all the inns in Silithus as if to say "Don't quest here, go somewhere where there's actually quests and we give a fuck."

It didn't even get the makeover love either like Azshara did, though you might argue that was a good thing if you hate how Cata revamped most vanilla zones.
>>
>>336381078

Paladin has been the 2-3rd most played class since like forever familita. Your class has always been a meme.
>>
File: 1456161273258.jpg (272 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1456161273258.jpg
272 KB, 1920x1080
>>336381414
>some things had to be fixed so flying worked in the old world
>so we're going to remove every hidden or secret point of interest!
Still mad
>>
>>336381752

It got that world pvp thing that while genuinely fun nobody fucking did. (I think a few other zones got this treatment too).

Sillithus is still one of my favorite zones and I wish they'd have done more with it. Feels like AQ came and went real quick during vanilla because most people didn't like it,
>>
>>336381189
>>336381201
>defensive posting over shitty item that was the focus of a patch
Shill thread confirmed. You started this as a nostalgia thread and are now shilling Legion hard.
>>
>>336381469
Yeah sorry, I did move the goalposts there. I'm not the guy you were responding to I'm just trying to cause an argument honestly.
>>
>>336381976

>being this paranoid
>>
File: 1459531135966.jpg (47 KB, 500x572) Image search: [Google]
1459531135966.jpg
47 KB, 500x572
>>336381976

I know /v/ermin are retarded, but you really take the cake.
>>
>>336381752
The silithid were a shitty idea to begin with. Fucking starship trooper tier bugs that felt out of place in a fantasy world.

But then, only 50% of plot hooks ever get addressed in WoW, and at least they were tied in to the whole qiraji mess.
>>
>Vanilla
Feralas - whole map felt organic, the road looked like it was carved out of the terrain not placed there by some engineer before making the zone around it. Felt more immersive just by walking. I also love hillsbread foothills and all its neighboring zones connected by the alterac mountains. I love how theyre naturally connected and not all polar opposites like most of the neighboring regions to the south are.
>TBC
Blades edge mountains - everyone loves Nagrand but that felt too basic. Blue sky, green grass, hill, trees, the works. No... BEM was savage. Just gazing up at it from zangamarsh at lvl 62 gave you that sense of "wtf is up there?" and just to get in the damn place u got to fight your way in through the caves. Once inside you're greeted by the crucifixions of the dragons and a true sense of alienation of being somewhere where you honestly don't belong.
>WotlK
Storm Peaks - i used to love Grizzly hills for the same reason I love Feralas and I like how it and the basin are connected by that small mountain. But over the years leveling alts to 90 (before WoD) i started liking storm peaks for how peaceful it is. It feels as much of a time capsule as un'goro is. Everywhere you look you see ancient beings, teraforming-looking machines, and structures that making anything elvish tiny in comparison.
>>
File: 1452515989246.gif (1 MB, 292x253) Image search: [Google]
1452515989246.gif
1 MB, 292x253
>>336382006
Breddy good trollan amigo

>>336381976
>RAAAAAWR YOU'RE A FUCKING SHILL BECAUSE YOU MENTIONED LEGION

I will never do Storm Peaks again for the first time and that hurts.
>>
File: absolutely-disgusting.jpg (74 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
absolutely-disgusting.jpg
74 KB, 720x540
>Nost closed
>decided to try and convince myself that maybe retail isn't that bad and I should resub and see how WoD PvP is like compared to vanilla
>picked a random wod pvp movie and clicked on a random spot on timeline
>mfw it was https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOQDJzROolQ at 7:40
Holy shit this game needs to be deleted forever
>>
>>336381078
Paladins are meme, people usually use them as alts as the last option for boredom. Even then they don't do any serious PvE they just fuck around on their paladin.
For me leveling it up was enough.
>>
File: ScreenShot_101010_113507.jpg (107 KB, 1024x640) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot_101010_113507.jpg
107 KB, 1024x640
>>336381818
>tfw you'll never again make your way into Hyjal pre-Cata and see Archimonde's corpse.

I wonder what Blizz was going to do with this prior to remodeling it for Cataclysm.
>>
File: The-Upside-Down-Sinners.jpg (99 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
The-Upside-Down-Sinners.jpg
99 KB, 1920x1080
Is this place even still accessible in Cata?
I remember exploring down here in TBC, spooky shit.
>>
File: feel2.jpg (91 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
feel2.jpg
91 KB, 645x773
>>336364752
It's very difficult to pick just one zone.

>Eastern Kingdoms
Hillsbrad + Alterac, or Duskwood.
>Kalimdor
1k Needles or Feralas.

Generally the entire Southern Kalimdor was great.
>Outland
Nagrand or Terokkar
>Northrend
Dragonblight

>Favorite quest chains?
Druid flight form quest chain. Not sure why but it's the one I remember most fondly.
>Dungeons
Don't really have a favourite one.
>Raids
Black Temple. Can't really explain why, though. The atmosphere was just so cool.
>Prized possesions?
Entire druid tier 6. Took me ages to get it all, I remember getting the chest from Illidan like it was yesterday.

>tfw when you think about a zone in WoW and a ton of memories from there instantly flood your mind
>>
>>336382516
>>336382110
Only shills are this defensive and respond this much.
>>
>>336382770
I visted it in Cata so it was definitely possible then. Not sure if it still is now, though.
>>
File: under construction.png (4 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
under construction.png
4 MB, 1920x1080
>>336382634
They used a part of it in that CoT raid, but yeah, that zone was far too finished for them not to have any plans for it. Vanilla certainly deserved a few more content patches, there were so many blank spots on the map.
>>
>>336364752

>EK

eastern plaguelands, the spooky trees and sense of grim despair appealed to me... well I could say SV too obviously as that was awesome. I like areas off the beaten path

>Kalimdor

barrens or azshara as it was so desolate with weird quests and shit all over

>outland

hellfire penitentiary as you get to grub up a fuckton of high quality gear, levels and dat sky. Also falcon reach ST

>Northrend

who cares

favourite dungeon:

blackrock depths full pug run, I always asked locks to join so we could summon in additional members when players inevitably left. a humongous shithole of fun

favourite raid is any of the old 40 mans, the chaos and scope was hilarious
>>
File: panda drinking alone.jpg (307 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
panda drinking alone.jpg
307 KB, 1920x1080
>>336378627
>>336378114
I resubbed when I heard they were removing the legendary ring questline. I never bothered to finish it so I thought I'd go ahead and do that.

What a fucking monumental waste of time. Holy shit, the legendary questline is so fucking lazy compared to the MoP one, and it's time gated to hell and back.

The MoP legendary quest was full of little side content you did inbetween the gathering raid items quests. Like the one where do a challenge for one of the august celestials, or the one where you take over the thunder forge. Scripted events that were fun and obviously had some effort put into them.

There's none of that in the WoD legendary questline. There's a crappy pseudo-boss encounter, a crappy stealth section that doesn't work anything like stealth in WoW normally does, and a couple shitty encounters with NPCs that are really easy.
It is otherwise 90% farming raids. You don't even get a payoff when you finish it, Khadgar just gives you your ring and tells you to fuck off basically.

I'm uninstalling. I don't even want the option to come back on my computer, I'm so completely disgusted by this game and in myself for wasting all this time on it.
>>
>>336364752

>Eastern Kingdoms

Eastern Plaguelands. I spent so much time there because I was fascinated by the scourge storyline and there was just so much to do and so many branching storyline quests (like the ones for Tirion and the one where you get the little ghost her doll).

>Kalimdor

Sillithus. I know it was "unfinished" but I loved exploring it and sillithids were just a cool concept. Especially when they let me tame them on my hunter.

>Outland

Zangarmarsh. No particular reason, I just liked it.

>Northrend

Sholazar basin. Easily the comfiest zone in the fucking game and if you were a hunter who was into rare/unique pets it was the place to be. Also had an easy path to follow for ore farming.

>Cata

Vashjir. I still find something new in this place every time I go there. I know people hated it but the attention to detail there was astounding

>MoP

Valley of the four winds.

>Favorite quest chain

Everything involving Tirion Fordring in vanilla EPL

>Dungeon

Scholomance. Loved how the quest outside enhanced it.

>Raid

Temple of Ahn Qiraj or Tempest Keep. I love them both for different reasons.

>Prized Posession

I was the first person on my server to get 75 pets and get the little fawn. I'll never forget all the attention I got at first with it. It's worthless now but it holds a special place in my heart.
>>
>>336369441

the world transformation with the accompanying babby proof quests was pretty much the end of WoW... ironically it was pointless as everyone LFD anyway from 15 onwards
>>
>>336383018
I don't think there WAS a plan for it, which is why it languished for years. It was THE landmark of WC3, so it had to be there, but no one knew what to do with it. Same thing with Dalaran.
>>
>>336364752
>Eastern Kingdoms
Stranglethorn vale
>kalimdor
Ungoro crater
>Outland
Terrokar Forest
>Northrend
Sholozar basin
>Pandaria
Kasarang Wilds
>Draenor
Gorgrond
>>
>>336383368
>Removing content

The fuck is wrong with these people?
>>
>>336383714
Judging by it's placement, layout, and textures, I think it was originally meant to be an end-game area much like Eastern Plaguelands to farm items or rep for raids; maybe not necessarily 57-60, but perhaps just straight up 60. The entrance was down in Dark Whisper Gorge which was crawling with lvl 57-60 elites.

The path throughout Hyjal seems to suggest there were going to be several quest hubs culminating in the areas up top where there was a gigantic crater from Archimonde's asplosion along with the new World Tree. There was also a raid instance entrance similar to Onyxia's Lair in there so it was probably meant to be Kalimdor's equivalent to Eastern Plaguelands/Naxxramas.
>>
>>336383804
>OP specifically says that this is a vanilla/TBC/Wrath thread
>Retards go all the way to Draenor
>>
>WoW trilogy (Vanilla/TBC/Wrath) nostalgia thread.

JUST FUCKING PLAY A PRIVATE SERVER
>>
File: Kyle Hide 1.gif (305 KB, 184x219) Image search: [Google]
Kyle Hide 1.gif
305 KB, 184x219
>>336384578
I am playing on Lordaeron with it's whopping 12k people, but it just doesn't scratch that itch, there's nothing but "LFG dungeon X/raid X" spams and it makes me sad inside.
Not that retail isn't the same garbage.
>>
File: 2016-04-24-08-49-39-1642938897.jpg (8 KB, 238x212) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-24-08-49-39-1642938897.jpg
8 KB, 238x212
>>336384401
Who the fuck cares a out classic with its shitty class balance and retarded grind and mechanics. I can't wait till Legion becomes the best expansion of all time
>>
File: wowscrnshot_032012_222436.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
wowscrnshot_032012_222436.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>336384287

>Dat raid portal at the end of UD Stratholme

I still wonder to this day.....
>>
>>336383714
For a zone that was supposed to just sit there as a landmark, it was really, really detailed, pretty much finished. Even uninstanced AQ in South Silithus looks raw compared to it, yet AQ was actually implemented in game in 1.9

>>336384287
Hyjal had a raid entrance close to start of the zone yes it was a copy of onyxia cave, and if you blinked through the dragon's teeth you could get inside and the layout there was a total copy as well, and it also had a locked raid portal separating it from the Darkwhisper Gorge, so you had to climb over the mountain to get inside. They certainly had plans for it, else they wouldn't have detailed it so much

>>336384578
I was playing on one.
>>
File: portal.jpg (141 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
portal.jpg
141 KB, 1024x768
>>336384834
Hello.
>>
Is there any part of Garrisons worth doing once Legion comes out?
>>
>>336384834
Obviously it was intended to be an entrance to Naxx before they introduced that cheap-ass attunement questline. Both MC and BWL had their entrances inside dungeons, and you only needed attunements to bypass them
>>
>>336384834
Pretty sure it was for Naxx or Naxx attunement or some shit
>>
>>336384960
From what I read, this was suppose to be some kind of player housing portal. Interesting that they were thinking about that as early as 2004-06.
>>
>>336384987
>>336385009

I mean I guess but it doesn't make sense for that to lead you to a flying fortress. The MC/BWL portals actually looked like.....well portals to MC/BWL

>>336384960

Where is this? Looks like alliance stuff and I never played alliance.
>>
>>336384808
Every other poster in this thread, you dumb faggot.

>>>Blizzard forums
>>
>>336385241
>Where is this?

Alliance capital city Stormwind, between the Trade District and Old Town District near the canal.
>>
>>336384987
>>336384987
This kind of shit makes me wish Wildstar had been good and not just a bunch of good ideas poorly implemented by a team of incompetants.
>>
>>336385241
When you entered Strat, Naxx hovered exactly above the place that the raid entrance would lead to. Blizzard probably intended to place a portal guarded by raid difficulty trash mobs there or some shit. Would make perfect sense imo, and they could have made the Naxx attunement to require clearing Start on hard-mode/obtaining some other scourge-related shit to open a portal to Naxx from somewhere else that isn't inside a dungeon.
>>
>>336385307
Except not, you dumb faggot, kill yourself. Oh wait you'll just get AIDS and die anyway lololol fag
>>
>>336385667
>>336384808
>typical blizzcucks
>>
>>336385536
It still wouldnt be the same
>>
File: 1439216830717.png (645 KB, 1024x376) Image search: [Google]
1439216830717.png
645 KB, 1024x376
>>336385667
Wow you sound so mad right now, anon.

Do follow in modern WoW's footsteps and kys :^^^)
>>
>>336384834
>>336385241
It was originally meant to be the raid entrance to old 40-man Naxxramas. Mute the audio if the fag's voice annoys you. Good stuff begins at 12:35.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1esdGySyQs

WoW first few raids, Molten Core and Blackwing Lair, had their entrances deep inside end-game dungeons: Blackrock Depths and Upper Blackrock Spire respectively. This meant you had to get 40 people together and run the dungeon before you could get into the actual raid instance itself. Blizzard later added attunements so that you could skip the dungeon and go straight to the raid, but for the most part, you still had to run the dungeon and collect/do shit before your attunement could be complete.

This was the same concept they were going to use for 40-man Naxxramas: you had to group up, run Stratholme and, at the very end near the final few bosses, you could take the raid portal into Naxxramas. Although in this case, the portal didn't actually teleport you into Naxx, it teleported you to another area of Stratholme that had a platform that would then beam you up into the necropolis as shown in the video. I think by this time in the game (patch 1.12) players were sick of having to run long dungeons in order to get to raids (Let alone run the raid itself) so they nixed the whole running Stratholme in order to get attuned to Naxxramas and simply put Naxx outside Strath in Eastern Plaguelands.
>>
>>336386179
>tfw i was supposed to get a (You) for that post but somehow i didnt
fuck dammit lad
gimme a (You)
>>
>>336386198
Could you just 40 man zerg strat? Because that would be really fun and the literal definition of "trash clearing" before a raid. I love it.
>>
>>336386198
No one actually ran through dungeons to enter raids, attunement quests were in game since early vanilla. No reason for Naxx not to have one.
>>
File: 1460666922164.jpg (206 KB, 635x803) Image search: [Google]
1460666922164.jpg
206 KB, 635x803
>>336386275
Ur ghey oololololololololololol benis :DDDD

there's never going to be anything as comfy as release, BC and wrath, is there, Anon?
>>
>>336386338
Some late patch in vanilla imposed limitations onto 5-/10- mans so you couldn't enter with more than a required amount.
>>
>>336386473
it takes you a lot of time to respond
do you literally type that shit nobody reads?
lol cuck
gimme another you
>>
>>336386632
o sry i was 2 bsy with ur mom

she succ me good boi, call me daddy faggit
>>
>>336386836
u gey tho
>>
File: 1459013212094.gif (2 MB, 235x190) Image search: [Google]
1459013212094.gif
2 MB, 235x190
>>336386903
take that back faggot
>>
>>336387154
thanks for another one
>>
File: 1457653076613.gif (711 KB, 200x331) Image search: [Google]
1457653076613.gif
711 KB, 200x331
>>336387365
I bet you kiss girls, you fucking queer
>>
>>336372525
>I can look away but I choose to come here to argue like a faggot
Sounds just like nostfaggots in any other WoW thread
>>
>>336387548
i have sinned
>>
>>336378847
>Not playing World of Warcraft Official Alpha Release Version 1.15
>>
>>336386198

See now I feel cheated. Even in fucking vanilla they were cutting back. No reason not to include something that they were obviously almost done with anyway.
>>
>>336386547
It was actually a really early patch the uldaman patch that did it, if I remember right.
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_090515_010114.jpg (512 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_090515_010114.jpg
512 KB, 1366x768
How come /v/ doesn't play the real thing anymore?
>>
>>336388062
It was different in vanilla. They simply couldn't fit it in. Their problem wasn't "not enough resources hurr", they had too much instead. Even vanilla client had a shitload of TBC assets, and you could actually find some in-game, such as a very raw version of Hellfire Peninsula or a pretty decent iteration of Black Morass
>>
>>336388378
*insert parroted negative opinion here*
>>
>>336388392
>Their problem wasn't "not enough resources hurr", they had too much instead
Talking out of your ass: the post
>>
>>336388524
Read the second part of my post then, you retard. Actual examples might help.
>>
>>336386198
What about all the portals in Stormwind? I think there was at least 3, maybe more.
>>
File: 1461852716285.jpg (22 KB, 599x223) Image search: [Google]
1461852716285.jpg
22 KB, 599x223
>>336388378
Queue is way too long, can't be bothered to wait two hours every fucking login
>>
>>336388326
1.3, Diremaul patch.

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Patch_1.3.0
>>
>>336388752

>Private server fags

If I had the resources to make a concentration camp for all of you I'd do it just to see this end. You're worse than the people who were spamming undertale at this point.
>>
>>336388586
My point still stands though, I did read the whole post earlier, that's why I made the statement of your talking out of your ass, since you don't know what the fuck you're talking about, fucking westfall, elwynn forest, the whole of stormwind and some bonechewer village is all inside everbloom, doesn't mean it's too much resources
>>
>>336388790
Yeah. BWL was 1.6 for reference, this was done about the same time as the teleport guy was added outside BRD so you didn't have to run BRD to get into Molten Core, basically.
>>
File: 1462197073789.jpg (278 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1462197073789.jpg
278 KB, 640x640
>>336388752
>Nostcucks will defend this
>>
>>336389037
Nostbulls won't. Kronoscucks will.
>>
>>336388869
>guy asks why people don't play the real thing anymore
>gets answer
>edgy autists gets triggered and spergs out
>>
>>336386338
In early WoW you could raid everything, and being in a raid didn't stop you from finishing quests. And then they put an end to that because the devs had a hard on for raiding. Always felt like bullshit because the loot didn't increase. Would have been nice to just be able to bring as many people as you wanted with the limiting factor being fewer drops per capita.
>>
>>336389075
Nostcucks either migrated to kronos or bitching in forums or 4chan
>>
>>336389174
>Guy asks about people not playing the real thing
>Some private server guy doesn't even answer the question, and proceeds to rant about kronos instead
>some fag gets mad about it and starts greentexting when the other guy calls the privserver fag out for not even acknowledning his question
wew
>>
>>336364752
>>Eastern Kingdoms
STV
>>Kalimdor
Winterspring
>>Outland
Terokkar
>>Northrend
>
>>
File: 1434070733875.jpg (60 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1434070733875.jpg
60 KB, 640x480
>>336389352
>retail
>the real thing
>>
>>336388948
>already implemented assets are located in several places in the game
>not yet implemented assets that are supposed to be used in the next expansions are already present in the data files and/or in the game
Don't tell me you can't see the difference. When vanilla was in development, Blizzard was already preparing a lot of stuff for TBC, so it literally took them 4 months to go from the last vanilla major patch to the first TBC patch.. Nowadays they take thrice as long time to create "addons" with fucking abysmal amounts of content.
>>
>>336389435
How can nostalrius be the "real thing" when it doesn't even exist anymore you stupid memer :^)
>>
File: 1461944106209.jpg (528 KB, 900x1406) Image search: [Google]
1461944106209.jpg
528 KB, 900x1406
>tfw no nelf wife to become an adventuring duo with in an azeroth where the third war never happened and everything was at peace
why even live
>>
>>336390142

If the Third War never happened the Night Elves would still be xenophobes you fuck
>>
>>336388869

>Blizzdrones are this rectal ravaged that other people are enjoying superior versions of the game without paying Bobby Hooknose an exorbitant subscription that you don't get any content for for over twelve (12) months

KEK (Common)
>>
>>336390382
Go away cucklord.
>>
>>336364752
STV
Winterspring
Quel'Danas
Grizzly Hills

In Dreams
Battle of Darrowshire
Cipher of the Damned
All the hints at Ashbringer

Favorite item was my Red AQ mount
>>
>>336390440
It's (orcish) kek, you nostcuck
>>
>>336390910
(Common) bur
>>
>>336364752
>Favorite zone from eastern kingdoms
Duskwood easily, ghosts and creepy shit everywhere a spooky town, it's always dark and the atmosphere is great.
>Favorite zone in Kalimdor
Oddly enough I really liked dustwallow marsh because I really like toxic looking swamps. Also the zone just felt so off limits all the time, as horde you could rarely ever go in and as alliance it felt like a weird place you had no business being in.
>Outland
Easily Zangarmash, best music in the game too.
>Northrend
I love icecrown, the quests there as a class that could actually handle them solo were fucking exhilarating to do. There wer also so many interesting storylines there including the malganis one.

>Favorite quest chain
That's a hard one because I tend to remember individual quests more than quest chains and there isn't a quest chain I ever particularly look forward to doing but if I had to pick one it would be the AQ gate quest line. The first time I ever did it was in WotLK but it's such an interesting story line and it's filled with genuinely hilarious moments.

>Favorite dungeon's and raids
Dungeon is easily razorfen downs because that lich at the end blew my mind the first time

Raid is probably Karazhan because of dat atmosphere, I loved feeling like we were exploring a place that had not been visited in a long time. It was literally blizzards haunted mansion, really good shit.

>Prized Possessions
I've always liked my Tabard of the Protector for the neat holy nova special on use, but my favorite thing is probably my season 3 weapons because I got them on the first week and it boosted my popularity on the server and I made good business piloting other players accounts for arena gear.
>>
File: 1442880056589.jpg (616 KB, 1790x1559) Image search: [Google]
1442880056589.jpg
616 KB, 1790x1559
Official legacy servers soon, friends.
>>
>>336391087

official classic realms won't bring your dead/gone friends back
>>
>>336390992
b d b ee oo d a p
>>
>>336391028
The updated Dustwallow Marsh in BC was great.
>>
>>336391318
fuck yeah it was, that zone is immensely underrated.
>>
>>336391028
Come to think of it, while being a side dungeon a lot of people skipped, RFD had a lot of character solely because it was a faction being pro-active in the world instead of the typical "x players show up at someone's home and wreck shit".
>>
>>336391145
All my friends were on Nostalrius.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 75

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.