[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>replaying ZoE2 on a higher difficulty >get to the final
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 8
File: Jehuty.jpg (134 KB, 800x640) Image search: [Google]
Jehuty.jpg
134 KB, 800x640
>replaying ZoE2 on a higher difficulty
>get to the final Nephtis fight
>as soon as I spawn in, a clod grabs me for 25% damage
>get stunlocked until I die

What the fuck? Is this supposed to be fun? Even holding down LB from before the game is loaded to get the switch weapon menu right away, I'm already in the middle of being grabbed.

Who thought it's good game design to put you in front of an enemy poised to attack you as soon as the game is loaded?
>>
>>336308895
>why is this game on hard mode so hard

lol?

if you know it's coming why are you mashing weapon switch instead of the dash button
>>
>>336309286
>if you know it's coming why are you mashing weapon switch instead of the dash button
Dashes aren't invincible and clods can draw you in with this tractor ray thing that is more powerful than your dash.

In that level, you also start up against a wal to your backl, so you can't dash "away". Only to the side, which still leaves you in range of its tractor beam bullshit.

The only strategy I've found that works to avoid damage is using Zero Shift to warp behind it, but even then, it doesn't work every time because the framerate dropping from all the particle effects eats my inputs and either makes the switch subweapon window come up too late, or eats the "do a zero shift" input.

I don't mind a hard game, but this is just stupid.
>>
git gud faggot

you arent owed anything
>>
seriously fuck off nerd and git gud

id hate to see you play dark souls lmao :)
>>
git gud
>>
>>336309534
>not dash attacking forward
Also the first part of the dash has I frames
>>
>>336311767
not against grabs and on Extreme, pretty much every enemy will capitalize on the opening made by you using a dash blade. there's Viola and two or thee clods mucking about, there is literally no time for a dashing melee attack.

If fucking ZERO SHIFT is too slow, do you really think that a dash forward would work?
>>
>>336308895
>Is this supposed to be fun
No. ZoE is fucking brutal on higher difficulties.
>>
What can we say, man? It sounds like you're just super shit at video games. Maybe FarmVille or Assassin's Creed is more your speed.
>>
File: 1453351235889.jpg (46 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1453351235889.jpg
46 KB, 480x270
>Viola A.I. boss fight on the HD collection
>I believe it was hard mode, second from the top of European Extreme
>Viola sucks down Ardjet's health to nothing in two shocks
Jesus Christ what the fuck? Does she just oneshot Ardjet on the hardest mode?
>>
File: kill me.gif (2 MB, 400x286) Image search: [Google]
kill me.gif
2 MB, 400x286
>>336312562
>saved and posted the .jpg
Fuck me I guess.
>>
>>336312562
I haven't gotten to that yet because of this spawncamping gaggle of Clods, but even on Normal she can two-shot Ardjet with the shock. She won't do it if you stay close, though, it's basically a "Stop hiding from me!" move.

I thought it was super frustrating too, to the point I looked it up on GameFAQs. Supposedly, she'll never do it as long as she's on-screen.

That fight is fucking tedious as hell though. The mid-game of ZoE2 all fucking sucks. Fuck the train. Fuck margaritifer. Fuck Viola AI. Fuck the fortress easter egg hunt. Fuck fighting blind against whats-his-face. Fuck that unwinnable boss battle that you can totally lose.
>>
>>336312562
>European Extreme
There's a fucking Euro Extreme in this game? What, if an enemy so much as sees me, I blow up?
>>
Just dodge their attacks. It's not hard.
>>
File: d13.gif (789 KB, 444x272) Image search: [Google]
d13.gif
789 KB, 444x272
>mfw the Life-ring has started revolving
>>
>>336313348
It's essentially the same thing. I believe the difficulties are knocked up for the HD and follow EU's difficulties more. As a result, the HD's normal is like the old PS2's hard, HD's hard is the PS2's very hard, and HD's very hard was only in Europe until now.
I think that's how it is.
>>
>>336313673
HD has an "Extreme" difficulty. I think Euro Very Hard is just added on top of the normal NA/JP PS2 difficulties.

Also I'm pretty sure Extreme is not even playable without all your NG+ toys. Mummyhead halberds track faster than you can dodge and go through everything but the Mummy shield, for fuck's sake!
>>
File: Anubis.jpg (156 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Anubis.jpg
156 KB, 800x600
I always feel like I'm cheesing Anubis whenever I fight him. Like I run in for a quick hit then run away like a bitch nigga. Is this how it's supposed to be played?
>>
File: Hard Man.png (24 KB, 395x555) Image search: [Google]
Hard Man.png
24 KB, 395x555
>played like an hour of ZOE1
>got bored
>tempted to skip right to ZOE2
Should I? I know ZOE1 is short but goddamn is it slow and tedious
Also, is Fist of Mars any decent?
>>
>>336314774
>Fist of Mars

The combat was kinda basic as tbs go. Memories fuzzy but I recall enjoying the story more than the main games.
>>
>>336314652
Pretty much. Its a battle of attrition.
>>
File: 1436673375461.jpg (18 KB, 320x342) Image search: [Google]
1436673375461.jpg
18 KB, 320x342
>>336313673
>click L3 right before you fire

i have no reaction pics that accurately depict my raging boner when this happens
>>
>>336314774
It gets better once you unlock more sub weapons.

The game is like 2 hours long though, don't be as whinny as not-Shinji.
>>
>>336313673
>NG+
>Jheuty 2.0 the entire game
>Beat Final Anubis
>Futz around for a good 10 minutes to line up a Vector Cannon shot

Entirely worth it.
>>
File: 1433834871560.jpg (1018 KB, 832x1195) Image search: [Google]
1433834871560.jpg
1018 KB, 832x1195
>>
>>336308895
ZoE2 on Extreme was awful most of the time.

Based on what you said you'll probably quit trying to reset Ardjet's AI.
>>
Why can't we get another high speed robot action game?
>>
>>336319631
Maybe From will put out a new Another Century's Episode or a fast paced Armored Core.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.