[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: Dark_Souls_II_cover.jpg (56 KB, 256x369) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Souls_II_cover.jpg
56 KB, 256x369
What went right?
>>
>>336253101
>loads of level variety
>great amount of bosses
>insane amount of builds you can experiment with
>great soundtrack

The game was just filled to the brim with content. It just goes, and around every corner there can be a new piece of equipment, boss, item, or an entirely new area. I still play it 'til this day, and Majula is by far the best "safe" place. It's also rated higher than the first Dark Souls.
>>
Everything but ADP.

Get rid of that shit stat and it becomes the best Souls game.
>>
I can't believe this thread is real.
>>
>>336253101
So is it time for all the shitters who used to crap on this game to start claiming it was actually great?
I'm fine with that.
>>
File: dark souls 2 world design.webm (3 MB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
dark souls 2 world design.webm
3 MB, 852x480
>>336253101
>shit bosses
>a lot of shit linear areas devoid of detail
>ridiculous enemy tracking
>ADP/AGI
>soul memory
>incoherent world design
>worst hitboxes in the series
>rings have durability
Rolling in more than 4 directions and power stancing, and that's about it.
>>
>4 ring slots
>unbelievable fuckton of content
>stats are more balanced than the first game
>best PvP of the series not that I give a single fuck about PvP in these games
>Sweet Shalquoir gives me boners

on the other hand
>shitty bosses
>no more doing shit like leveling up and repairing weapons at bonfires
>Adaptability
>stunning lack of enemy variety for how long the game is, especially compared to DaS1 and 3 which are way shorter
>melee weapons nerfed into oblivion
>takes way too long into the game to get good gear compared to DaS1 and 3
>magic was buffed (BUFFED!) despite already being fucking gamebreaking in DaS1
>durability system is dogshit, weapons are made of wet tissue paper and fucking disintegrate any time they're swung
>>
File: das2_throne_def.png (359 KB, 517x513) Image search: [Google]
das2_throne_def.png
359 KB, 517x513
>longest Souls game even without DLC
>loads armor and weapons
>significantly better PvE weapon balance than DaS3
>Majula

I'll admit that quantity=/= quality, that level and boss design were a step down from the other Souls games.

But damn if it didn't have a shitload of content and replayability

I played DaS3 once and stopped
>>
>>336255475
I've got no desire to replay DaS3 because it has no fucking build variety or room for multiple playstyles whatsoever.

magic is fucking useless
shields are fucking useless
fatrolling is an automatic death sentence
tanking isn't possible since everything kills you in 3 hits or less

the only way to play the fucking game is the dodge roll through attacks perfectly. It sucks, maybe a patch will come that makes armor actually useful or makes shields and Endurance not shitty.

for now vigor, strength, and dexterity are the only remotely worthwhile stats.
>>
>>336253101
Fist weapons felt great in 2.
>>
>>336253990
Lol whats with that fucking jump a cheat or something?
>>
Level variety. Heide's Tower -> That Rat Thing -> Pirate Area -> The One With The Trio is non-redundant and rewarding. In a game where a "Boss -> Area -> Boss -> Area" formula is established, a lack of variety is about the worst thing ever.

Meanwhile, DaS 3's transitions from area to area are so logical that they barely ever feel like you get to see something new. DaS 2 had both the majestic and the dirty, DaS 3 barely has any of the former.
>>
>>336253990
>those super jumps
What the fuck
>>
>>336253101
Bonfire ascetic. Maybe I just finished the game but I want to replay the bosses. Easy, just pop bonfire ascetics. Can't do that in 3

Also it doesn't boot you into NG+ without even asking. Thanks Dark Souls 1, I missed your DLC because of that shit
>>
Some of the armors look nice I guess.

That's it.
>>
>>336253990
wtf is that webm
>>
>>336256748
>>336256784
Yeah, it's a modified jump value to make the webm shorter

>>336257135
Those two spots share the same euclidean space
>>
File: ha.png (38 KB, 195x193) Image search: [Google]
ha.png
38 KB, 195x193
>>336253325
You can't be serious.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.