[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: 1460197662461.jpg (167 KB, 1000x403) Image search: [Google]
1460197662461.jpg
167 KB, 1000x403
What went wrong?
>>
>>336251175
nothing
>>
File: locking the door on a boomer.gif (997 KB, 1024x578) Image search: [Google]
locking the door on a boomer.gif
997 KB, 1024x578
boof
>>
Oversimplification of mechanics, the destruction of server communities with dungeon finders/raid finders, outdated gameplay that has worn out over the years, gimmicky additions that are typically extremely shallow, and finally a massive effort to sell players shit rather than improve content (new expansions around every corner, item shops, level boosters, etc).

To me the biggest reason WoW has gone down in popularity (despite still being on top within the MMO genre) is that it's old. It's old as fuck. Yet they've changed very little. Every single expansion, no matter what the theme or gimmick is, the process is the same. Do quests, do dungeons, hit level cap, do more dungeons for gear, do heroic dungeons, do raids/PvP. It's the same shit with a new coat of paint and a longer wait time until you can raid. That type of gameplay does wear off, no matter what people tell you about how addicting it is. Eventually people realize the effort required for the same reward isn't enough. Especially when the reward is the same: more grinding.

As dumb as it sounds, if they want to get people back in they need a WoW 2 or some shit.
>>
File: Agnes Unacceptable.png (122 KB, 746x508) Image search: [Google]
Agnes Unacceptable.png
122 KB, 746x508
>>336251175
a 12 year old game isn't as popular as it used to be???
>>
>>336251175
The principle of entropy does still hold and blizzard did not negate or try to counteract it, the fools.

Everything ends and there is no publisher that would not sacrifice a thousand newborn to achieve what happened to blizzard before "it went wrong".
>>
The only thing that went wrong is they didn't have a successor to transfer their population over to when the decline started because for whatever reason Titan died and got cannibalized into some shit tf2 clone
>>
>>336252323

The sad thing here is that it could have lasted even longer if it hadn't gone full retard from Wrath onwards.
>>
>>336252813
>from Wrath
the retardation started in TBC
>>
File: 1450638029252.jpg (78 KB, 401x385) Image search: [Google]
1450638029252.jpg
78 KB, 401x385
There's nothing to do.

Seriously, I could log on and do everything I wanted in a single day and not have anything to do for the other 6 in a week.
>>
>>336253319
No, retardation started with design "bring player and not class into raids", so wotlk
Shit like 10 ppl end game raids didn't helped
>>
>>336253319

We could spend hours arguing when did WoW start dying and not get anywhere.
>>
>>336251863
IMO this is a good thing.

Theme Park MMO's are shit and people are tired of it after having 10 years of WoW copys.

The rise of survival games like Dayz, Rust and so on will pave the way for a new generation of MMO's that focus on openworld, sandbox and player driven aspects
>>
>>336253319
>started in TBC
it was always retarded
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.