[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Dark Souls 3 will have 3 DLC now Post your hopes and dreams
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 12
File: 1460409364297.jpg (281 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1460409364297.jpg
281 KB, 800x800
>Dark Souls 3 will have 3 DLC now

Post your hopes and dreams for them, keeping in mind that DLC was the best part of both DaS and DaS2.
>>
>>336180239
A lot of people say Londor, but I want to see a game take place in whatever the Eastern lands are, where there are Oni and everyone is a katana faggot
>>
>>336180639
That DLC is currently downloadable on PSN under the name Nioh
>>
>>336180239
>DLC 1

Accessible from Catacombs after killing Wolnir. Takes you up from the catacombs into a desert/egyptian themed area full of mummies. 2 bosses, a big mummy with wrappings that hurt you, as you attack them you rip more and more of them and they flow around when he's moving. Can also grab you with wraps on his arms from range. Final boss is real Wolnir, the other one was just a vision gained by drinking whacky skeleton juice from a random cup you find. He's a badass desert skeleton and has an army of those horrible grave wardens to fuck your shit up.

>DLC 2
Accessible from Anor Londo, takes you back to Sen's Fortress, entering from where you fought the iron golem in DaS. You can access the Undead Burgh from it and descend from it all of the way to the Demon Ruins, which are linked to a secret passage from DS3's demon ruins. Has a boss in Sen's, a boss in the Burgh, a boss in the depths and a boss in blight town.

>DLC 3
Accessible from Undead Burgh, focuses on New Londo and the old firelink shrine area. Final boss is Darkstalker Kaathe.
>>
>>336180239
Ash(en) lake or a proper Izalith
>>
>>336180239
>people have gotten so used to from chopping their games up and selling it as dlc and season passes that they know it will happen and buy the game

should have at least waited for the remastered rerelease to be honest
>>
>>336180639

>will have 3 DLC

Source?
>>
>>336180950
>DLC 2

Holy shit this would be so fucking stupid but I'd love it
>mfw PvPing at old!Firelink
>>
>>336180950
2 sounds cool
>>
Until now everyone has been talking about only two. Source please
>>
>Le paying for more shit is what made them better meme

DaS1 was great without the DLC and made it better

DaS2 was still DaS2 after the DLC thus it was still shit.

This stupid fucking meme needs to die already paying more for a game that should have had it in the first place does not suddenly make it better especially when it isnt even the main game.
>>
>>336180239
>Post your hopes and dreams for them
Making fist weapons not total shit
>>
>>336181363
the best areas in DS2 were DLC areas, and also added some of the best bosses, heck it actually gave a decent (open) conclusion after the final crown.
>>
>>336180950
>DLC1
Yes, an ancient egypt/desert location is exactly what I'm hoping for. Would also be cool if they include a sens-fortress esque tomb with lots of creative traps that actually require skill to pass through.
>>
>>336181363

>Dark Souls 1 was great without DLC

Name 2 bosses outside of O&S and Gwyn (Sif was "meh" at best, more of a "feels" fight than actual good boss) that were legit good bosses in Dark Souls 1.
>>
>>336181363
DaS2 was shit but it is unarguable that the DLCs were the best parts of that game famalam.
>>
>tfw DaS3 will never have a Great Hollow/Ash Lake-tier secret area
>>
>>336181527
Same can be said for Bloodborne and Dark Souls 1.
So hyped for this DLC.
>>
>>336181363
DaS2's DLC areas were better than every area in DaS3, desu senpai
>>
>>336181616
>bosses make the game
>>
File: 1375325455332.jpg (62 KB, 437x437) Image search: [Google]
1375325455332.jpg
62 KB, 437x437
>>336181668

Smouldering Lake?
>>
File: AS FUCK.png (143 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
AS FUCK.png
143 KB, 500x500
>>336180239
1# Profane capital
that areia was a disappointment and they are obbiously gonna add to that later and Yhorms storyline and tie it all toghter with Ponttif

2# LONDOR

3# i wan't to know how and ldleth linked the fire and i want them to explain what Dark firlink really is once and for all

i'll probably not get this but.
Time travle like we did to oolicil to the time where Lorian fucked up the demonprince so i can fight him and dissable his ass myself
THIS PLACE MAKES OUR GRAVE BUT YOU MAY REST HERE IF YOU LIKE
>>
>>336181648
worst meme
>>
>>336181668
I thought that both the untended graves and dragon peak were actually well hidden secret areas, I doubt that most people would have found at least dragon peak without having read guides or seen orange soapstone marks.

But yeah, I liked ash lake a lot because of how much of a bitch it was to get there. I felt DaS3 kind of fell off in the profaned capital and in oceiros's garden, both zones should have been bigger.
>>
>>336181363
FromSoft has a really good track record with their DLCs though. Most of their best bosses come from those. In my opinion the four bosses of Artorias of the Abyss are the best of the entire game.

So I don't really understand why you're complaining. Don't get them if it bothers you so.
>>
>>336180239
How does DLC work in DaS games?
Do you need to visit these areas at a certain time during your playthrough or does leveling work differently?
>>
>More spells
>More weapons
>More fashion
>>
>>336181973
you normally enter the areas and play the game instead of asking questions like a faggot
>>
I can't find anything about a 3rd DLC. I still only see 2 are planned.
>>
>>336180950
>Final boss is Darkstalker Kaathe
How about this instead?
>the fight begins and the boss is Kingseeker Frampt
>at half health, Kaathe appears with a different moveset and the fight is similar to Master Hand/Crazy Hand
>when both of them have their health depleted, phase three begins and we finally face the true form of the serpents, the Primordial Hydra
>>
>>336181973
All of them have been end-game areas, in DaS1 there were a few hoops to jump through because it was somewhat hidden, in DaS2 they were placed behind lord soul bosses
>>
>>336180239
>keeping in mind that DLC was the best part of both DaS and DaS2.

No it fucking wasn't, especially with DaS1. Why do people say this? People jerk off DLCs for other games too for no reason. And I always play them and go "yeah, that was pretty decent, but not fucking better than the entire game I just played."
>>
>>336181793

Well what is it?

>PVP
Nothing but backstab fishers and people exploiting stun locks forcing you to reverse exploit with the toggle escape exploit
>Level design
Complete shit tier post Seath
>Fashion
Worse fashion than Dark Souls 2 and Dark Souls 3
>>
>>336180239
Hoping they try to bring back something akin to the chalice dungeons from Bloodborne. Hopefully far more improved from the lessons they learned after Bloodborne. I felt they had something going with those dungeons, and I feel it'd be fun to dungeon crawl in psudo-random areas with buddies. The Demon Ruins in were really bad and a downgrade compared to the most rudimentary chalice dungeons. Made me sad.
>>
>>336180239
>pay the price

Wait, what does the DS3 Dorkmoon message say when you accomplish your job? There are so few dorkmoon videos that I dont even know what the message is.
>>
>>336182171
>Why do people say this?
Because we're trying to trick you :^) it's a giant conspiracy

or perhaps people honestly think they're the best part you giant tool
>>
>>336182065
The sources I found were rumors on some forums. So yeah, probably 2. If they make a 3rd season pass holders still probably won't pay for it so its probably not a good decision for them.

>>336181175
I bet you had a problem with fucking morrowind's expansion too then, tool. DaS DLC has always been closer to expansion pack material than something like horse armor. It's never just new weapons, it's new areas, new weapons, new armors, new spells, new characters.

There's nothing wrong with developing a quality game and planning to continue development on it. Don't act like expansion packs of the old days were just opportunistic fanservice, they were also planned for then canned if the game didn't do well.
>>
Honestly, I want one of the DLCs to have us go back to Firelink Shrine from DaSI, imagine if the firekeeper was still there.
>>
>>336182129
Yeah I was thinking about Frampt too, it would be the ultimate fanservice to have a fight with both of them in the abyss. They're done with Souls after this game so you might as well bring everyone back into the mix.
>>
>>336181823
Smouldering Lake is barely hidden and it contributes basically nothing to the game besides being a good place to get large titanite shards and some pyromancy. Great Hollow and Ash Lake are actually meaningful in addition to being secret areas with good loot.

>>336181898
I'll give you the Peak, but the Graves are pretty easy to find since every illusory wall is covered with message spam. I actually didn't find the peak until the US version came out because the gesture names weren't in English. It's still pretty obvious what you have to do to get there once you know that though. Graves just felt like a rehash of finding the Old Hunter's Workshop in BB and Peak has like two enemy types, and again mostly serves as a way to get a shitload of upgrade materials. Nameless King is pretty cool too I guess.
>>
Ok folks. Where do you think the access points will be for the new DLC?
Some guesses:

>that big broken bridge in the Profaned Capital with nothing on the end of it
>Dark Firelink Shrine?
>Somewhere in Demon Ruins, for sure.
>>
File: 1460602165887.png (165 KB, 303x311) Image search: [Google]
1460602165887.png
165 KB, 303x311
>>336181826
Holy shit were did you go to school.
>>
>>336182129
I hope you never fight Kaathe and Frampt, they're best as blue balling villains you never get to kill. You should just ruin their plans and have them sulk before they fuck off to annoy other world's.
>>
>>336180950
>2 bosses

each DLC will have at least 3 bosses
>>
>>336182231
Gameplay, atmosphere, storytelling, world design and level design, music, art direction. All of which are fantastic up until Seath and at least serviceable from there on. The biggest letdown is Lost Izalith and that's more because it's devoid of content than anything. Fashion isn't as good which is a shame, though the environment art mostly makes up for it.

Honestly people complain about 'the second half of DaS' when what they really mean is that they didn't think TotG or Izalith were great areas, when those are literally two fucking areas out of the entire game.
>>
>>336183001
>fight them, it's the hardest boss fight in any souls game
>win
>they look like they're going to die
>revive themselves
>cast a spell that hits the entire arena for 99999 damage
>respawn at a bonfire in the boss room
>orange message on the ground next to it
>"heh cya l8er faget ;^)"
>leave you an item for your trouble

Imagine how fucking mad people would be until they figured out they were supposed to die.
>>
Going pure magic magefag here. What should I use this Crystal Infusion on? Londor Sword? Dank Sword?
>>
>>336183354
>pure magic
>infusing physical weapons
>>
>>336182231
Yeah, i too loved that almost all armor sets had capes over them in ds2.
>>
>>336182280
I agree with you familius but we're outnumbered, everyone else hated Chalice Dungeons.
>>
not sure about the themes but i hope the DLC add shit to the base game as well other than just being some stand alone zones with a couple new weapons

like if it added extra bits to characters questlines or some shit
>>
File: royal swordsman.jpg (446 KB, 1994x1480) Image search: [Google]
royal swordsman.jpg
446 KB, 1994x1480
I just want them to bring back my armorfu and some more underrepresented weapons like pikes/lances.
>>
File: Be careful Dennis.png (391 KB, 502x576) Image search: [Google]
Be careful Dennis.png
391 KB, 502x576
Who /stillwaitingforpreparetodieedition/ here?
>>
I want one that makes the game decent and not a travesty
>>
File: 20160421182655_1.jpg (360 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160421182655_1.jpg
360 KB, 1920x1080
this town is going to be DLC, probably accessed through undead settlement or something (there were buildings with similar architecture near undead settlement but I forgot exactly where they were)

in any case I hope they stop doing gimmick bosses for the DLCs, we got enough in the base game as is
>>
>>336180239
I want to actually go see The Deep, I know it's basically an Abyss extension but descriptions do refer to it as the "age of the deep sea" too, and it's considered different enough to get a new name at least.
>>
something something Velka
>>
File: 1460936742348.jpg (109 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1460936742348.jpg
109 KB, 1280x720
ALDIA
>>
>>336180239
The deep and hopefully I can see mah nigga Aldrich in his prime.
>>
I'd like a throw back to DS2 with items from there, a lot of the armor sets in 2 were fantastic. Level wise they could pretty much recreate Crown of the Old Iron King and call it something else and I'd be happy that's my favorite DLC.

I'd like to see Londor and get the scoop on all that dank dark shit Kaathe has been up to. Explain and expand on the lord of hollows ending and some information on the deep.

And of course the mandatory go back in time dlc would be great. Maybe send us back to Anal Rodeo during Sweet Pope and Hella Slimes invasion of it. The quest chain can be about assisting Dolan and trying to stop the onslaught, maybe taking Yorskha to safety/saving her.

Above all I really want a Fume Knight 2.0 boss oh and Sir Allone 2.0 too. Those were hands down my two favorite and ball bustingly hard bosses and I'd love to see them or something like them again. Seriously I probably died to Fume Knight 40 times before I finally cinched it and I never beat Allone. I tried and tried and never could. He was just two fast for me. But I loved fighting him.

I'd also like some more npc phantom invasions. I felt like the ones in ds3 are lacking and aren't hard enough. The ds2 dlc had some fucking tough invaders like that pyromaniac jester shit head in the sunken crown.
>>
>>336182564
>Ash lake
>Meaningful
Nigger it doesn't even have a boss
>>
>>336184615
It's been out for 4 years now?
>>
>>336186431
in his prime?
>>
File: 1459376587680.gif (2 MB, 240x180) Image search: [Google]
1459376587680.gif
2 MB, 240x180
So I am about to beat dark souls 2 are the 3 dlc worth it to expand gameplay?
>>
>>336186742
We fight him while hes still half a sleep.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLFfAdPEsgw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IyI5TLRNvw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdByf0lP-qM
>>
>>336185595
What if they do a Deep dlc and its bloodbornes Yarnham and fishing village with the serial number filed off complete with The Orphan of Kosm boss
>>
>>336186754
You don't have scholar of the first sin anon? You've made a mistake. In my opinion SoTFS takes a mediocre game and turned it into a good and even great game. But I know I'm a minority here.
>>
>>336186936
>Deep is so dark humans can't compherend it
>Aldrich only saw it in his dreams after he ate the gods
The old ones live in the deep fuck we getting eldrich
>>
>>336184516

pikes in game bro
>>
>>336186804
yeah how do you figure
>>
>>336186613
Fume was hard because the player was slower in DS2. Fume as it is on DS3 would be piss easy, with the improved iframes and speed that your character has now.
>>
>>336187064
His soul said and ashes both say he is dreaming while he digests gywnodlein.
>>
>>336187205
well he might be a sludge monster but he still needs to sleep
>>
>>336186621
It doesn't need one.

>>336187036
What about SOTFS, aside from the included DLC, do you think is a significant improvement over the original release?
>>
DLC#1: Deep Space 9

DLC#2: Where in the World is Ornstein Sandiego?
>>
>>336187036
Minor tweeks and new enemy arrangement doesnt make a mediocre souls game a great souls game. I have to admit tho, DS2 is better than the majority of shit released these past few years.
>>
>>336187279
Eating a god takes a lot of work.
>>
>>336180239
>DLC was the best part of both DaS
>>336180239
Not really, no.
>>
>>336186724
Oh you silly willie
>>
>>336187493
I'd put in the work to eat Gwyndolin's boipussy desu
>>
>>336187058
I meant I want more pikes. There are only 3 right now and you have to farm for 1 of them.
>>
File: Dear Santa.jpg (35 KB, 454x445) Image search: [Google]
Dear Santa.jpg
35 KB, 454x445
>>336187905
Nigga you gay
>>
File: 1450037053002.gif (893 KB, 240x181) Image search: [Google]
1450037053002.gif
893 KB, 240x181
>>336180239
A fixed dragon form. How did they fuck it up so bad? They damn near perfected transformations with the old hunters DLC.
>>
>DLC 1

More customization for you character no more white rags when wearing no armor, will be able to pick clothes and have access to the third gender.

>DLC 2

From will crate one big poll me about dark souls 3 and every suggestion we make they will add/fix into the game aslong as it isint too big or rude.

>DLC 3
"Play as the creatures" you will be able to take over the creature in someone else's world and try to kill that person as the creatures using its move sets.
>>
File: hope.webm (378 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
hope.webm
378 KB, 320x240
>>336180239
> your hopes and dreams

there's never good DLC that use season pass
>>
>>336188380
>the third gender

futa?
>>
>>336180239
but the DLC DaS2 was shit. Like the rest of the game.
>>
>>336180239
Something involving the Primordial Serpents would be awesome.
I'm also hoping some of the covenants get reworked or fixed. They usually aren't good but they're particularly bad this time around
Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.