[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nintendo will have only one playable game at E3 2016: Zelda for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: nintendo-booth-e3-2014-930x671.jpg (118 KB, 930x671) Image search: [Google]
nintendo-booth-e3-2014-930x671.jpg
118 KB, 930x671
http://venturebeat.com/2016/04/27/nintendo-will-have-only-one-playable-game-at-e3-2016-zelda-for-wii-u-not-even-the-nx-version/

Nintendo’s approach to the Electronic Entertainment Expo trade show this year is … different.

The publisher revealed that it will have only one playable game at E3 2016, and that is the Wii U version of The Legend of Zelda. Nintendo says that it wants to provide attendees “complete immersion” with Zelda, and that’s why it will have nothing else for the Wii U or the 3DS on the show floor. But this is a bit strange considering that Nintendo is also planning to launch the followup to the Wii U, the NX project, in March. And it’s even crazier that Nintendo announced that it is delaying Zelda because it is bringing a version to the NX.

Here’s the full statement from Nintendo:
>>
>“Nintendo changes its approach to the [E3] show every year. This June, Nintendo will focus its attention on the upcoming game in The Legend of Zelda series. The Wii U version of the game will be playable for the first time on the E3 show floor, and it will be the only playable game Nintendo presents at the show in order to provide attendees a complete immersion. Additional information about Nintendo’s E3 plans will be announced in the future.”

While Zelda is a huge release for Nintendo, this feels like a great way to taint its big reveal. While I’m looking forward to finally trying it out at E3, I’m going to spend most of my time trying to track down someone from Nintendo to ask about the NX version. Presumably, that version should look better, and it may even work with this mysterious new system’s special features. That’s the Zelda I think most people want to know about.

I’m sure we can expect to learn all about the NX and Zelda for the NX before the end of this year, but that doesn’t make Nintendo’s E3 strategy any easier to understand.

J U S T
>>
Nintendo's showing at E3 2016 will be focused on one game and one game only: The Legend of Zelda for Wii U. Nintendo said in a release today that the Wii U version of the game — it's also coming to Nintendo NX — will be playable for the first time at this year's E3.

It will also be the only playable game Nintendo presents at the show, the company said, "in order to provide attendees a complete immersion."

Typically, Nintendo brings multiple playable games for multiple platforms to E3.

The Legend of Zelda was originally expected to hit Wii U in 2015, but was later pushed to 2016. Today, Nintendo confirmed the next big Zelda game is now a 2017 title and will be released on Wii U and NX.

F U C K
>>
Lots of crazy Nintendo news this week: Zelda is delayed again, to March 2017. We know it’s coming out for Nintendo’s new NX game machine as well as the Wii U, but NX isn’t going to make an appearance at this year’s E3 Expo in June. What’s more, Nintendo says the only game playable at its E3 booth will be Zelda.

Does any of this make sense? Perhaps Nintendo’s making the best of a bad situation. Time’s Matt Peckham and WIRED contributor Jake Muncy join me on the Game|Life Podcast this week for an analysis of the most recent Nintendo news.

M Y
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpLHAAUzuEo

S H I T
>>
>implying nintendo didn't drop e3 4 years ago

who gives a fuck?
>>
please respond
>>
>e3
>not dead

Fuck off, faggot nobody watches corporate shilling for a whole week anymore
>>
we had same thread yesterday
>>
Was e3 always this bad? I could have sworn I was there playing MK8 just last year what the fuck is happening?
>>
FIREWORKS!
>>
Nintendo is always a leader in video games

They are dropping E3 and thus E3 will die soon

Activison isn't even going to E3.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.