[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txm v2qFRuxI Am I seriously
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 161
Thread images: 19
File: toot.jpg (69 KB, 581x542) Image search: [Google]
toot.jpg
69 KB, 581x542
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txmv2qFRuxI

Am I seriously the only one around here that's kinda exited for D44M? Sure, it's somewhat consolized and the weapons sound like weak plastic toys, but there is so much else that the game gets right:

>100% projectile based combat, no hitscan enemies anywhere to be seen
>no regenerating health
>no reload
>secrets
>weapons with interchangeable secondary fire modes
>144 FPS support on PC
>hardcore mode where you need to play the game without dieing once, which fits perfectly with the projectile avoidance based combat

Call me a shill, but It's the kind of shooter that right down my ally, just like the Serious Sam games. The new Shadow Warrior 2 looks even better though, but you faggots cant stop me from picking this up for 30€ during a steam sale.
>>
>>336117978
I also think it looks pretty enjoyable and also better than Doom 3, fuck you hipster cunts and your poor man's System Shock, though weapon upgrade shit really annoys me to no end. Bloated HUD elements are also pretty bad but I think you can customize those, at least.
>>
I was cautiously optimistic, but the beta shut that down pretty quick.
>>
>>336118137
>though weapon upgrade shit really annoys me to no end
Have you seen the video? It looks like nothing too offensive, ie Mirrors Edge Catalyst, but rather like Bioshock 1. Don't hate on Upgrade systems because Ubisoft have tainted them. They can provide more depth too a game if the weapons are good enough already in their vanilla form. We'll have to see about that, but from what the dev said in the video, their heart seems to be at the right place at least. That's not saying you shouldn't be skeptical however, but still, give it the benefit of the doubt.

>>336118484
The "beta" was disgusting bullshit, but it was only for the multiplayer which was outsourced to Certain Affinity, which is why it feels like a poor mans Halo. But this isn't an MP game at it's core and the devs know it. For some reason Bethesda thinks they can make it compete with cawadoody by promoting the shitty MP, for as far as I am concerned the SP and MP are entirely different games that happen to share the same assets on the same engines. If you want old school MP back, play UT4.
>>
Level design looks like Painkiller where it's mostly just a series of isolated arenas, that automatically puts me off of the game.
>>
>>336118840
Serious Sam does the same thing and everybody loves it.

>having to shoot enemies in a shooter to progress
What is this madness?
>>
>>336118957
Serious Sam also has pacing, amazing monster placement and elements besides "doors close, kill everyone".
>>
i guess its worth to pirate maybe
>>
>>336119420
>inb4 denuvo
>>
Me too OP. I'm getting it with the agitated skeleton statue.

I'm with you on secondary fire. Adds variety and the Plasma Rifle's is pretty good.
>>
>>336118137
System shock is the best game ever and there is nothing you can do about it
>>
>>336120228
Chinese knockoff of the best game ever is still a Chinese knockoff.
>>
>>336119113
Serious Sam doesn't have good pacing, there are times when you're in the same arena for ages because it just continuously spawns the enemies non-stop. I realise that sounds very unspecific but there are times where it goes on longer than normal and it drags on
>>
Does anyone else have the feeling people will end up playing multiplayer mostly on SnapMap with Friends on the custom maps and modes and abandon the main multiplayer once they start releasing the paywall locked content?

There's a four player limit in SnapMap mp, but the customization is more appealing.
>>
>>336120604
True but did you know about the snap map function in DOOM? It's fucking amazing and can easily save the game!

Just watch this :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yslS6U4tUSs

UNLIMITED CONTENT!
>>
>>336120643
I didn't say it was good since SS levels aren't the strongest point of the game, but it at least it exists, unlike Painkiller.
>>
>>336120719
I don't think multiplayer will take off at all. That limited consolized modular editor isn't going to save anything either.
>>
>>336121068
I'm hyped. But people need to stop the Minecraft comparisons.
>>
Doom: inventor of much of FPS genre
Doom 2: some unique monsters, crappy levels
Doom 3: sic-fi horror with nice graphics for the time, but parts of it set in "hell" are meh
D44m: uninteresting visuals, looking like Doom 3 meets DNF or something and feel of it being produced like by film company, nothing special
>>
>>336121217
Imp spawning behind you 20 times in a row is not horror.
>>
>>336117978
I must admit it looks good to me even after the beta BUT I fear my ambition will die in one week after playing it and the game will die approximately in one month world wide
>>
Can you make HDoom in thsi Doom?
>>
Looks like a decent shooter.
Looks like a bad DOOM game.
They should have called this Quake 5 instead.
>>
>>336121845
I dont know, even as a Quake game, it might not work, the reason why people like Quake is because of teh speed autism and such, this is game is a bit slow for Quake standards, maybe a new IP?
>>
>>336117978
>144 FPS support on PC
what the fuck do you mean by that?
>>
>>336122035
that the game can run at 144 frames per second as supposed to 60 on console peasantry?
>>
Bethesda makes nothing but trash, pass.
>>
>>336122397
b-but they are the publisher
>>
>>336117978
I personally hate the whole 'die once, you lose' thing.

Lazy difficulty approach. I liked when different difficulties gave enemies new AI rather than just death counts or extra damage taken
>>
>>336122798
thats the highest difficulty. not the only hard setting available though.
>>
I already bought the game, but one thing that really bothers me is that you HAVE to upgrade to play further into the game (Devs mention that in the single player stream video). It's a new game, I know, but old DOOM didn't have me upgrading my shotgun to keep it as a viable weapon, it let me find better tools for killing.
>>
>>336123403
This

One of the things that made me drop the ball is how they try to make it like it's an RPG, which is ridiculous if you're advertising your game by talking about fast paced combat and action.
>>
>>336123403
whaat all they mentioned is that you DON'T indeed have to use the upgrade system
>>
>>336118691
they dont compete with cod. they want to be halo on the ps4.
>>
>>336123603
That's another thing, no one likes the feature and wont use it, that means they spend time into adding a feature no one will even use in the first place.
>>
>>336123603
Go back when they have their guy doing upgrades during one of their level jumps. They specifically bring up how people would complain that the game got way harder and then get reminded that they have to spend the upgrade points. I mean, I hope it's possible to play to the end without upgrading, but they made it sound like it's stupid hard.
>>
>>336117978
does it use denuvo or anything like that?
>>
>>336123742
I'll propably play first run without and the again with
>>336123794
yeah stupid hard, maybe, we'll see
but not necessary
I also wonder if you get some kind of shiny trinket for doing so
>>
File: doom son.jpg (179 KB, 1143x860) Image search: [Google]
doom son.jpg
179 KB, 1143x860
I think the single player looks alright. Not going to get it for $60 but I want to kill some demons.

And yeah, it looks better than Doom 3.
>>
>>336123403
so you saying that it would be better that some guns became obsolete as you went further into the game and just sit there in your inventory as a dead weight? (not that doomguy has a problem with carrying weight but you know what I mean).
>>
>>336117978

just another reverse psychology shill, report and move on
>>
>>336123742
>no one likes the feature and wont use it
>in 2016
not to mention you must upgrade to get some alternate firing modes.
>>
I played the MP for 3 rounds. It was horrible. Also it looked like they would hype a competitive in the MP, which makes it even worst.
>>
>>336124297
That's how DOOM was. I'm worried that I'll have to spend points on gun upgrades just to make their decrease in damage less severe. Obviously certain guns won't cut it later on regardless of the upgrades.
>>
>>336124297
It would be better that all guns were balanced for all encounters. Of course only Serious Sam actually managed to pull it off but still.
>>
>>336124520
>That's how DOOM was.
I don't really remember any weapon being useless (except for pistol, of course). Shotgun, super shotgun, chaingun, plasma gun, rocket launcher and BFG all had their uses. Well, perhaps plasma gun and chaingun kind overlapped, but it was so heartwarming to kill pinkies with chaingun.
>>
>>336117978
> D44M
> DAAM
>>
>>336122798
>>336123212
That difficulty is the same as the one below it, except it adds the no deaths gimmick. Apparently it also has little flags for where other people died so you can compete against them, or something
>>
>>336124520
you will get those upgrade points anyway just by playing through the game so I don't see the problem. sure it will add a little more complexity, but also a lot more variety. it was always always fun to upgrade you gear in Ded Space or Bioshock and play with new toys.
>>
File: vomit-957.jpg (49 KB, 600x917) Image search: [Google]
vomit-957.jpg
49 KB, 600x917
dat controller movement

looks like another fps ruined by console-itis
>>
>>336117978
Looks like a solid 6 game. And I'm talking about real scales where 5 is average, not inflated videogame scales where anything below 8 is trash.

Will play and enjoy. Looks like replay value is minimal though.
>>
Looks leagues above Doom 3, even if it does some annoying shit like weapon wheels, pickups come from pinata monsters and the chainsaw is basically a cutscene simulator.

The rest? Projectile based combat, focus on movement, no auto regen, no reload, on the fly weapon mods, secrets, power up items,a surprisingly wide level design with a focus on platforming plus player freedom to ignore the story (Barely nay cutscenes) actually makes D44m more old school than pretty much everything out there. Much more so than New Order or Old Blood and those games were pretty good.

MP looks like shit, though.
>>
Monster design is pretty great. I liked how they brought the coolest looking demon from 3.
>>
>>336125551
> chainsaw is basically a cutscene simulator.
on the other hand how do you make chainsaw gameplay interesting?
It's logical that it instakills, maybe make it similar to shadow warrior (1997) katana when you swing it and enemy is sliced in half.
>>
>>336121687
yes the snapmap function allows it
>>
File: 1358627945437.jpg (67 KB, 253x253) Image search: [Google]
1358627945437.jpg
67 KB, 253x253
>>336118616
Doom has already been great for 30 years. Don't know about this latest Halo though.
>>
>>336126002
got eeeem
>>
>>336125894

>on the other hand how do you make chainsaw gameplay interesting?

By doing the exact opposite of what they did. It's especially inanely retarded when you have a power up that literally does the same and makes you execute every monster with a click.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sz6x96s8DY
>>
>>336126134
The chainsaw isn't used as a normal weapon in this. You collect fuel to use it and when you use it, the demon you kill drops a bunch of health and ammo.
>>
>Watch a couple of new videos

>Man, the music is really fucking metal

>Mick Gordon is doing it

Dude.

That's pretty metal.
>>
>>336126332
I've just wanted to ask if Mick Gordon is back from TNO too. That's really good to hear.
>>
I like that they changed imps. In E3 demo they looked like smaller hell knights.
Cacodemons also look good.
And they actually listened and changed colour filter.
>>
>>336127032

Hellknights look like manlets though. They're barely taller than the possessed soldiers
>>
>>336127373
Hellknights were manlet barons for all intents and purposes.
>>
>>336127032
There seems to be a few variants on the zombies so I wonder if it's the same for demons.
>>
>>336117978
Through whole video i have not seen once that there were more then 5 enemies on screen.

It is nice to know name of the armor since i called it pink-lip-condom-slip till now. Next is the name of the marine which will probably, in spirit of armor, be Max.

Weapons are maybe good maybe bad but i have no way of knowing cause you will never hit more then 1-3 enemies. This can easily be avoided if colorfull damage numbers pop over creature head when i hit it.
Good thing that devs listened to their customers and finally introduced weapon wheel.

Mark my words it is gonna be one of the best console titles this year
>>
>modern id developing
>bethesda publishing

it's going to be mediocre, but most people will like it because they're plebs
>>
File: 1447312172685.gif (33 KB, 100x99) Image search: [Google]
1447312172685.gif
33 KB, 100x99
I like what I see and I have the money to afford it

fite me
>>
>>336117978
multiplayer is shit tier, literally no reason not to first day pirate this piece of fucking shit.
>>
>>336128556
The games had a weapon wheel since its reveal last year though
>>
>>336129651
TNO had it. Even though it had different devs, I always figured it would.
>>
>>336127638

They were the same size in Classic Doom. And in Doom 3 there were only (large) Hellknights
>>
>>336129651
It was my pathetic try to be sarcastic.
Throughout the whole video he was never forced to run back or kite enemies its all straight forward with few strafes to avoid telegraphed projectiles. Its slow paced so its practical to click a button look in your upper right corner of screen and carefully select what is a best tactical choice; instead of just pressing 9.

Maybe they did not want to show any challenging moments of the game like room that lights up for you to see 90 enemies in there so they dont spoil moments like that. But that only tells me that those moments are very rare and far between or are non existent.
>>
>>336130854
I think they mentioned you can bind guns to keys. We still don't know what the hardest difficulties look like either, to be fair.
>>
I'm excited for it. I liked it from the first gameplay footage. Looks intense.
>>
I just dont know why its SO FUCKING SLOW.

It's not doom if you aren't breaking the landspeed record.
>>
File: mpc-hc 2016-04-26 20-07-25-573.jpg (432 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
mpc-hc 2016-04-26 20-07-25-573.jpg
432 KB, 1920x1080
>>336127793
Few skins like posessed worker/guard/scientist and some armed variants.
>>
>>336127032
Aren't picrelated suppose to be how hellknights look like
>>
>>336131098
>SO FUCKING SLOW.
You can turn on bunnyhopping via console though. It's ID Tech after all.
>>
>>336128556
>Through whole video i have not seen once that there were more then 5 enemies on screen.

there are more, a lot more in the material that was published
>>
>>336121068
I don't know if you're being sarcastic, but I simply cannot put into words how excited that video makes me, my God
>>
>>336131098
Nice meme faggot that's never played Doom. It was a little faster than this but not as blazing quick as these people wanna say
>>
File: HellKnight.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
HellKnight.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1440
>>336131167
>how hellknights look like
That's how baron of hell looks like.
Hellknights were different in Doom 3 and i don't see anything wrong with making them look like that again, they're awesome.
I like how they made them faster and more agile in the new game though .
>>
>>336130979
What are the chances they wont just halve my damage output and remove few health and ammo pickups. Objectively.
>>
>>336131652
Honestly, I'd bet that's what they do too. I wish there were more projectile enemies rather than every imp seeming to prioritize rushing you with their claws and shit.
>>
>>336130198
>for all intents and purposes
>>
>>336129459
The snap map editor is fucking amazing! It's basically unlimited content.

You think D44M is too slow? Not enough enemy are on screen at one time?

Then all you need to do is download one of the millions custom snap maps and there you go

See : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yslS6U4tUSs
>>
>>336131495
Nope I'm hyped about it too. I want to see what the players will be able to do with it
>>
>>336131516
it's considerably faster
>>
>>336132546
too bad snapmap still restrics you by limiting playercount and enemycount ect ect
still neat tho. I hope you can just put in an empty prefab room and place platforms for yourself
>>
File: 1445359611698.jpg (87 KB, 497x593) Image search: [Google]
1445359611698.jpg
87 KB, 497x593
Oh look!
ANOTHER Doom shilling thread!

I love how nobody outside of these shitty "IT LOOKS SOO GOOD DD:" threads even cares about the game
>>
File: 63933128.jpg (108 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
63933128.jpg
108 KB, 500x375
>>336132546
>>
>>336117978

Nah, I already got it pre-ordered. I loved the multiplayer and played it all weekend only to come here on the Monday afterwards hearing how everyone hated it. Never listen to the masses here. I skipped on the season pass tho, I'm not touching that shit with a 10 foot pole till I know what's in it.

I'm more excited for Battleborn truthfully, but I definitely see myself loadin up Doom for some arena fun. Still undecided on Overwatch, waiting on open beta.
>>
>>336133690
>limiting playercount
split screen
>>
>>336134260
what? because of splitscreen? sure but game through net is still 4 player max if the map was done in snapmap
>>
>>336118137
>>336117978
Samefag
>>
>>336133853

not just here but elsewhere there's this strange dichotomy where it's either consolefags/shills saying 'wow so fast it's totally oldschool doom congrats id' or doomfags saying it's complete worthless garbage.

the beta MP was a shit show and the marketing is pure cancer but the singleplayer stuff actually looks alright. I tend to like FPSes like this, they don't need to be 10/10 GOTY for me to enjoy them.

>>336123724

then they're competing with destiny, which while still consoleshit is miles ahead of nudoom's MP.
>>
>>336117978
>dieing
do you mean dying? or....?
>>
Isn't there a season pass right as the game comes out? Any one know if that'll be required in order to play online or "required" like how they do with the rest of the shitty console franchises?
>>
File: Euphonium_08_5.jpg (105 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Euphonium_08_5.jpg
105 KB, 1280x720
>>336135883
>singleplayer stuff actually looks alright
Its slow, casualized, and represents nothing that is Doom.

Seriously, nobody on /v/ liked this shit before the gameplay footage a week before release. But now everyone thinks its good. YEP, NOTHING GOING ON HERE
>>
>>336121068
Right? The beta kinda killed my hype, although I still have fun, but snap map? Hot damn my body is flowing with excitement. What really sold me is the double speed movement, like how the game should be.
Now only if there was air strafing, then I'd really be happy.
>>
>>336136117

you must have a pretty miserable existence if literally the only thing you can enjoy is an FPS from the early 90s. I grew up with Doom but I still tend to like the occasional braindead straightforward shooter.

they recently released some gameplay that looks ok. Apparently saying a game looks ok makes you a shill on /v/.

>>336136615

after my experience with the beta I don't see how it's even salvageable, if you want an arena shooter just play the fucking UT alpha. It's not perfect but it's good enough now.
>>
>>336136117
>ITS NOT EXACTLY LIKE A GAME FROM 22 YEARS AGO SO ITS SHIIIIIIIT

Fuck you, single player looks like fun.
inb4 >fun is a buzzword
>>
>>336117978
I think they fucked up by releasing the multiplayer first. The multiplayer part of the game doesn't feel like an arena shooter at all which is what excited people about doom's mp in the first place. Its like a halo-cod mashup. Singleplayer still seems interesting to me though.
>>
>>336131167
>Aren't picrelated suppose to be how hellknights look like
you eman like a badly sculpted generic demon?
>>
>>336121068
Max 4 players per custom map
>>
>>336137153
Who are you quoting?
>>
File: 1461847860993.png (137 KB, 466x492) Image search: [Google]
1461847860993.png
137 KB, 466x492
>this thread

Man, sometimes it's easy to forget that viral/shill/marketer/etc. aren't just some random buzzwords people throw down to try to win an argument.
>>
Anyone got the video with Johnny Cash in it? it has some good editing.
>>
>>336122258
The human eye can't even see past 60fps
>>
I'm trying to play the original DOOM games but where can i get their wad files? the same can be said about DOOM based games like Heretic and Chex Quest
>>
>>336140928
Yeah :( but maybe that will change. I don't understand why they would allow a max of only 4 players
>>
>>336143464

4 is a good number for co-op maps, but they seriously need to consider increasing for all the multiplayer maps that'll be made. Capture the flag 2v2 doesn't sound all that exciting.
>>
>>336143672
This
>>
>>336117978
T O P S H I L L
O
P
S
H
I
L
L
>>
File: pacha of hell.png (1 MB, 557x605) Image search: [Google]
pacha of hell.png
1 MB, 557x605
>>336136117
>Seriously, nobody on /v/ liked this shit before the gameplay footage a week before release.
No, everyone pretty much unanimously agreed the multiplayer was shit. But a shitload of people were saying they would give the single player a chance, and lo and behold when footage comes out some people think it looks fine.

Crazy how that works, right?
>>
Actually, I can't wait.
>>
There are no single player mods.
>>
>>336124139
>that font
Please, change that.
>>
File: Bobblehead.jpg (32 KB, 359x833) Image search: [Google]
Bobblehead.jpg
32 KB, 359x833
I wish Doomguy had this design
>>
File: 1457286783261.jpg (26 KB, 220x268) Image search: [Google]
1457286783261.jpg
26 KB, 220x268
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GC7Onhm3tto
>>
>>336143672
They said they will add changes and free content and will listen to what people want.
>>
I liked the new wolfenstein, if this is anything like it, it will be great.
>>
>>336146062
>Don't floppy discs kind of look like the save button on a computer
The Asian bitch is trolling.
>>
>>336146308
Videos from the fine kikes are always scripted this shit is boring af
>>
>>336146062

That actually wasn't that bad. They all seemed to really enjoy the game. It's nice seeing a younger generation have fun with the original DOOM.
>>
>>336146062
>it's like portal mixed with gears of war
>>
File: caveman.jpg (40 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
caveman.jpg
40 KB, 1280x720
>>336136849
>>336137153
>y-you just hate it becuz ur notslagiua
Or maybe because it looks like a generic modern FPS with the Doom interface?
There are tons of different, better FPS games out right now, millions of times better than this.

>>336144127
No, not really.
People were saying before the beta the singleplayer looks like shit.
Yet, its funny, because I still don't see people saying why the game is good besides OP. Its always "its fun" and "its going to revive FPS!".

Meanwhile, ask anyone outside of these threads and they will tell you the game fucking sucks
>>
>>336148056
>No, not really.
Yes, really. There were people saying that they were going to wait for the single player. If your memory is too poor to recall that it's not my problem, it happened.
>>
>>336146990
So? Dark souls was like fable but with no jump button
>>
>>336143672
Plus they need to monetize the main multiplayer with maps and weapons behind the paywall which is fucking shitty.
>>
>>336148287
>it's not my problem, it happened.
Well I mean, your revisionism is pretty convincing. But really nobody outside of a few shills said anything positive about Doom. And the fact its a week away from release doesn't help either
>>
>>336117978
Yes, you are the only one here. This game looks like boring garbage.
>>
>>336118137
Hey, i liked Doom 3 and I also look forward to this one
>>
File: BLOCKED.jpg (16 KB, 149x243) Image search: [Google]
BLOCKED.jpg
16 KB, 149x243
>>336148625
>revisionism
Wanna know how I know you haven't been following these threads?
>>
>>336118691
Sad part is you basically need tacked on multiplayer to sell a single player experience and expect it do get decent sales beth probably pushed for it hoping to be able to sell more DLC or multiplayer map packs or whatever.
>>
>>336136117
Fuck off weeb poster

Why does it need to be exactly like classic doom? Classic doom is still there, you can play it whenever the fuck you want, and it's got a lot of mods to. Can anything ever be different or does change fuck up your entire world that badly?

Fuck dude. Man. Just fuck.
>>
>>336126134
>Berserk puts you in 1 out of 4 animations and giving the player invincibility
>Pickups are shining bright because 4 color palette would cause them to get lost in world
>Codex entry about every detail in the world because player isn't allowed to figure shit out on his own along with backstories killing the mystery feel
>Maps are divided into fight and museum tour sections
>Music is also divided, generic metal or dubsetp-metal mix music starts playing when fighting happens, killing the uniqueness of soundtrack
>Wave based fights with max of 5 enemies on screen, combat revolving around chaining invincibility animations until the zone runs out of enemies
>That retarded crosshair on shotgun
>>
>100% projectile based combat, no hitscan enemies anywhere to be seen

What does that mean?
>>
>>336150653
hitscan weapons decide wether or not they hit their target the moment they are fired. Projectile weapons actually have a projectile that travels to it's target and must collide to do damage.

hitscan weapons are undodgeable, projectile weapons can be dodged, thus providing a higher skill ceiling.
>>
>>336151120
Nice, hardmode looks like a good time
>>
I bet the people who hate DOOM 4 for being too "different" also love the Metroid Prime games. Metroid Prime is REALLY fucking slow compared to Super Metroid, yet everybody loves the Prime games. I feel like DOOM 4 is the Metroid Prime of DOOM.
>>
>>336120228
Oh man, 1st System Shock has a fantastic level design. Some of the puzzles, cyberspace sequences and controls are not that great though.
>>
File: 1357404760305.jpg (28 KB, 243x267) Image search: [Google]
1357404760305.jpg
28 KB, 243x267
>>336118840
>>336121103
>hating on Painkiller's level design

What the fuck?
>>
>>336151826

Why does Metroid Prime get a free pass for being different and slower, while DOOM '16 doesn't?

I want to know DOOM 2016 haters.
>>
File: 1459195072565.png (1 MB, 785x1230) Image search: [Google]
1459195072565.png
1 MB, 785x1230
>>336148056
>ask anyone what they think outside of nudoom threads about nudoom and they'll say it's shit

What the fuck besides Deus Ex, Doom 1 & 2, Dark Souls, and Anime Fighters does not get an overwhelming amount of shit on /v/? Some people like what they see of recent gameplay videos and they must be shills because... um... the game gets shit on usually? Welcome to every fucking game release in the past like 5 years.

>there are tons of different, better FPS games out right now, millions of times better than this

Like what, really? Name 3 other FPS games that are not fucking multiplayer-only Q3A clones that look like they'd approximate a proper old-school id software game better than this game?

You fucking can't, because every other "old school" game that tries to pander to our crowd is just as modernized, if not more so than nudoom.

Shadow Warrior
>Sprint
>ADS
>Upgrade Progression System
>Reloading

Serious Sam 3
>Cutscenes
>Melee Finishing Moves
>Reloading
>Sprint

Wolfenstein TNO
>ADS
>Sprint
>FUCKING COVER SYSTEM
>Nothing but hitscan enemies
>Bulletsponges
>Cutscenes
>Hubworld with nothing but wondering around and talking to NPCs

But no, nudoom is the fucking scourge on gaming because we've seen the damn concept artist at id play with a PS4 controller on easy with the FOV set as low as it could possibly go and he was doing a lot of finishers so the game looked slow.
>>
>>336117978
My dad played all the Doom games when they came out so I'm going to buy him a copy for single player. He's old so I hope you can adjust the difficulty.
>>
>>336152479
>Comparing Metroid to Doom

I happen to think Doom 2016 looks pretty great, but this is a retarded comparison. First, Metroid was always a slow-burn adventure game. Second, I remember a shit ton of people shitting on that game for being first person before the game came out.
>>
>>336152097
I agree but there is a free mouse look mod now

And did you know they are remaking it ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okPLF9Ad9ns
>>
>>336152872

Did a lot of people shit all over Prime because it was so different? Guess I never saw any of that. History repeats with DOOM.
>>
>>336152986
Yeah, I know about Enhanced Edition (mouselook is certainly a help but controls are still not that great since you need to press 'E' and use mouse cursor to pick up things, change posture, reload and manage your inventory). I also know about remake, but
>Unity
They at least could use UE or CryEngine (like in that amateur trailer).
>>
>>336124139

You can buy it on a gray market like Kinguin, CDkeys, or G2A for like 34-37 bucks.
>>
>game not having a primary antagonist
so they are just completly forgetting doom 3?
>>
>>336118137
Yeah, the hud you can completely remove if you so choose. Which I probably will aside from health and ammo.
>>
>>336154886
>people wouldnt stoop shitting on Doom 3 back then
>now they are using it to shit on Current Year Doom.
>>
>>336118691
UT4 is pretty dope, I can't wait till it gets an official release.
>>
>use the codex
>monsters
>not demons
That bothers me.
>>
>>336145972
I'm starting to realize why they didn't keep Doomguy's armor the same. His design was super super 90's, and people today might find the design to be dated and be turned away from the game. the new design is in line with games like Halo, and Destiny because that sells nowadays. Green football armor doesn't look cool to kids now. I will always prefer the original armor but I can appreciate the design of the new one since they made him greener and the helmet a different color
>>
>>336153340
a handful of retards still do. I'm not into e-celebs but I've heard Moviebob still defends Other M over Prime because he can't stand it being an FPS, literally because he thinks it's a dudebro genre played by people that bullied him in school
>>
>>336117978
Jesus christ this looks so dull.
>>
>>336157473
"retro" shit is in so maybe not, but his design is super dated, yes.

Exposed arms might fly but you can't have your helmet clashing with the colors of your armor like that and those abs have got to be covered up.
Thread replies: 161
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.