[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong? Seriously
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 11
File: latest[2].png (522 KB, 859x580) Image search: [Google]
latest[2].png
522 KB, 859x580
What went wrong?

Seriously
>>
Gen 2 it was complete shit

P3rd was close because it finally added proper scaling for shells but they fucked up in programming the blocking frames so shelling only was the way to go

In 3U they got Gunlance perfect and both shelling or melee was perfect and viable

In 4 they buffed shelling and nerfed melee so all you would do is shell

In 4U they decided to fuck shelling over so it was nothing but meleeing again

In X they gave Gunlance a straight nerf and only full-bursting with normal shots is viable

3U was the only game that got Gunlance right instead of being Lance with a different advance animation
>>
FU and P3rd was the only time it was ever good. It was never great.
>>
>MHX
>Nerf poking damage
>Add in an extra type of upkeep to help it break even at orange, hitting red is only +5%

Welp

Can anyone explain why the devs can't just make shelling scale with raw to some extent?
>>
I wonder how they'll nerf Gunlance in MH5
I wonder how they'll buff Greatsword in MH5
>>
>>336087957
The gauge would be fine and a perfect fix for making gunlance balance shelling and melee, the problem is that you get a 5%+ damage reduction from the get go and the gauge doesn't fill fast enough with any other shot type besides normal full-bursting.

Seriously going back to this
>>336087670
3U is literally the only MH game where you will use all 3 types of shelling

P3rd & 4: Wide only
X/Gen: Normal only
4U and gen 2:
>shelling
>ever
>>
File: tfw.gif (3 MB, 245x263) Image search: [Google]
tfw.gif
3 MB, 245x263
>>336087264
>No Lock-On despite it being 2016

>Impossible to solo monsters

>Slow and clumsy animations

>Ugly clown armor

>Slow movement

>Dodging is impossible

>Monsters can just destroy all your health and ruin all the buffs you have on your character

>Crafting is nonsensical and pointless

Fav Game
Fav Monster
Fav Weapon
Fav Theme Song
>>
File: royal ludroth.jpg (40 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
royal ludroth.jpg
40 KB, 500x333
>>336088075
Probably both made irrelevant as whatever newcomer weapon will likely be overpowered as fuck

Didn't GS actually get nerfed a little in MHX?
>>
>>336088620
GS is the same as it ever has been in X
It's just that almost every other weapon got a buff to compete with it. Weapons are actually pretty balanced in X and it is more so ease of use than kill-times.

Like if I was going to tell you what the best weapons are it would probably go Bushido Dual Blades or Any Switch Axe style because of how easy they are to use. Kill times and damage are pretty balanced
>>
>>336088836
I was actually thinking of running Guild Style Swaxe over the other fancy shit. The demon blade and reload arts working in tandem seems devastating, though it does kind of make axe mode somewhat obsolete.

SnS arts look fun as well, but I'll probably end up going GS to get the breaks I want. Aerial style for it looks spammy as fuck though.

Adept/Bushido CB might be alright. Just to make things clear though, did guardpointing change so that you still go through the sword-to-axe and round slash animations in moments where you'd just take minimal knockback in 4U?
>>
>>336088836
Kill times in X are about as balanced as 4U, just with a different tier list. However those lists are just comparing weapons playing at near perfect potential against specific end game monsters. For your average player, I don't think it has ever really mattered too much.
>>
>>336089476
>did guardpointing change so that you still go through the sword-to-axe and round slash animations in moments where you'd just take minimal knockback in 4U?
Yes, it is to the point where Charge Blade is the only weapon with a Guild Style that is worse than it's Aerial.

Quick dial is gone

Guard-splosions only happen with red shield but now you can simply block for one to come out

Striker has a guard point added during the sword advance, Bushido during the Sword charge

When you morph guard-point you do not stay in shield animation but completely morph even on guard-splosion
>>
>>336089915
>Guard explosions on block

I suppose this kind of compensates how you go through the full animations now during a GP and gives actual blocking more of a purpose. Even more incentive to grab the red boost as well, yellow boost doesn't seem to be worth it.

How is the KO power still? I feel bad robbing them from Hammer and Horn users. And tell me about its arts too. Are they actually much useful?
>>
>>336090605
KOing strength is basically untouched but Hammer was buffed to keep up.
The devs forgot Hunting Horn was a blunt weapon and it now is shittier at KOing than SnS
>>
>>336088414
Ceadeus
Hammerfag4lyfe
Alatreon theme. Like, holy shit
>>
>>336090745
Oh yeah, I heard about SnS being decent at KO'ing shit now as well as those fancy blade oils. /mhg/'s changelog claims Striker for it is popular, are any styles for it also worthwhile?

>HH KO power

Welp. At least they're trying to encourage players to hit the fucking monster rather than sit in a corner and play music.
>>
>>336091152
For SnS it goes
Striker>Guild>Bushido>Aerial

Striker and Guild are the only styles you will use and Striker is by far the best in most situations

Bushido I can't really recommend and Aerial SnS is flat out a downgrade Bushido SnS
>>
>>336087264
Only played 4U and its alright. You don't have to compete for head space with other melee weapons and the strong guard lets you sit there and eat attacks so the rest of your party can go ham. Hard to get decent times solo, being able to maintain aggro helps in duos and above that it thrives.

Stab/shelling with long is ideal while wide is only good HR or against the gravios family or najaralas.
>>
File: ExplodingChameleos.jpg (425 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ExplodingChameleos.jpg
425 KB, 1920x1080
>>336087264
It's not Frontier's Gunlance.

Higher shell levels, better moveset, and the choice between Element Shelling + Heat Blade or fast charging Wvyern Fire with option to load in the shells for even more burst damage.
And you get a double dodge too.
>>
File: caravaneer.jpg (135 KB, 778x689) Image search: [Google]
caravaneer.jpg
135 KB, 778x689
>>336091590
Alright, good shit

What do you think will be the weapon/style combination that the French IG shitters from 4U will gravitate towards this time? Something like Adept/Bushido Bow/LS/DB?
>>
Western gaijin will never understand how gunlance works, I like to believe you have to have a jap mindset in order to master a gunlance. Same thing for longswords, hunting horns, and SnS before X made them broken as shit.
>>
>>336092050
Bushido DB or Guild/Striker SA are basically the biggest shitters I have encountered online and they are very common
>>
>>336092175
>Switch Axe

Please tell me they're using Evade Extend at least
>>
>>336092075
>X HH
>broken as shit
It's the same thing except you don't need to invest in Maestro anymore and LS takes alot of effort to get damage in
>>
>>336092593
I was talking about SnS being broken you DONUT
>>
>>336092565
The Tempest Cuga armor is pretty popular and has perfect skills for SA on it. I usually see that, mixed Silver Los, or Blazing armor.
>>
>>336088414

3U
Amatsumagatsuchi
HBG
Tower Theme
>>
I've been playing GL almost exclusively from MH4U's release and Guard GL at that so every other weapon feels so vulnerable for me (I do enjoy a bit of SnS outside of that just to experience the speed GL does not provide). I like just sitting behind the shield in safety right in the monster's face and shelling them to death. Of course, this playstyle comes at the expense of fast kill times and fixed damage shells quickly become obsolete later on so understandable why it's considered the worst weapon.
>>
File: 1458348242416.jpg (678 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1458348242416.jpg
678 KB, 1024x768
>>336092825
So it's like how Rusted Kushala had a cookie-cutter Swaxe set. Neat.

And holy fuck people aren't wrong about an overall lack of jewel slots. Is it safe to guess GS users are clownsuiting for both Focus and Critical Draw again?

>>336093456
SnS seems to be a popular secondary for Lance/GL users
>>
>>336093573
Yes, but Black S is pretty easy to get your GS skills since all you need is torso up gear to make it work
>clownsuiting again
It makes me miss FU's Rathalos X and Jang Makluva
>>
>>336093891
There should really be some more measures to make clownsuiting less of a thing. I don't think vanity slots are a very MH-ish concept at all, but bonus skills for wearing a full set could probably work.

Either that or just make some full sets better. On paper these deviant monster armor sets don't look too bad, but obviously it's their exclusive compound skills that give incentive to wear the full thing to begin with and they've got no gem slots.

How good are the charms in this game? Seeing as Handicraft got nerfed and how S+2 is the old S+1, it makes me think it's going to be hard as shit to get it in a high rank game.
>>
>>336091969
So is Frontier much good itself or what
>>
File: mhf_20160327_180028_154.jpg (804 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
mhf_20160327_180028_154.jpg
804 KB, 1920x1080
>>336096218
If you're willing to go for the long haul and like a harder than average MH, it's great.
But if you're happy with the current level of beatdown it's probably not your cup of tea.

They did make the route to G far easier in the past week though.
But even still, you die.
A lot.

Also the whole fact it's in Japanese.
>>
File: 1447691470219.jpg (182 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1447691470219.jpg
182 KB, 900x900
>Always play SnS
>Hear that it's super fucking good in X
Oh I can't fucking wait.
>>
>>336097727
Good hunter arts coupled with blade oils
>>
File: 1458355393457.png (348 KB, 600x734) Image search: [Google]
1458355393457.png
348 KB, 600x734
Currently trying out Calculating Palico.

In 4U, under the same conditions why does Black Fatalis Blade outdamage Cera Cymmetry even when against a monster with no weakness to the dragon element like Silver Rathalos? Does the displayed 430 dragon add some raw or does the calculator also factor in CC's natural -20% affinity?

>http://minyoung.ch/calculatingpalico/?m=74&s=["1.167.6.0.1.ha,shp,pc,pt","1.75.6.0.1.ha,shp,pc,pt"]
>>
File: send help.png (166 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
send help.png
166 KB, 250x250
Bump
>>
>>336100108
>affinity
Yes.
BFB does slightly higher average damage than Cera because of that.
>>
>>336101518
Affinity aside and not just for Critical Draw reasons, how much of an average weakness would a monster require for BFB to break even? If I get to crafting it I'd probably still use it full-time over CC but still
>>
Shells always have fixed damage.
>>
How's dual swords in MHX ? I'm a SnS main and like to use DS from time to time. According to this thread SnS is still great so that's cool
>>
>>336103193
It's been established in here earlier that Dual Blades with Adept/Bushido are great
>>
File: we just don't know.png (134 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
we just don't know.png
134 KB, 450x600
Are all the hunters asleep?
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.