[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup /v/? Any newfag pointers for Bloodborne? I am about to go
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: bloodborne.jpg (351 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
bloodborne.jpg
351 KB, 1920x1080
Sup /v/? Any newfag pointers for Bloodborne? I am about to go back to it a month or so after rage quitting when I couldn't get through the first real area. I have been told by many that I need to "git gud" but how does one achieve this?
>>
Here's what I'd do
I'd try to familiarize yourself with the game. Play with one character. Get to know the combat and controls. And then create a new one.
Almost always the first character you make in a souls game will be a fail and you'll use all your blood vials quickly, running out.
Don't look up guides because that ruins the fun
Unless you want to go to cainhurst
It's ridiculous how hidden it is
If you need any help at all you can add me and I'll try to help out
>>
>>336034865
Dont get hit. Use your echoes to buy blood vials early in the game. Dodge. Learn to parry.
>>
>>336034865
what >>336035207 said start with a character then start again with a new one. Bloodborne isn't all that tough once you get use to it. Learn enemy attack patterns and hit when their finished swinging or go in before they start and just smash the shit outta'em. Use the axe and go with a strength, vitality, stamina build. You don't need stamina over 20. The axes power attack is OP as shit and can knock back most smaller enemies. Keep an eye on your stamina bar, make sure you have enough to get away after attacking.
>>
>>336035207
I am on my second character. A friend advised me to use the axe as my weapon starting out. Unfortunately I moved across the country so this friend is not around to actually show me what I'm doing.
>>336035964
Can you tell me how parrying works here? It seems confusing but I'm sure it's more straightforward than I am making it.
>>
>>336036178
Yes use the axe
And parrying is using the gun
Use the blunder buss for parrying
Shoot right when they attack then do a visceral
If you need any help tell me your username I'll add ya
>>
>>336034865
here are some general tips you can use.
>Use pebbles on mobs to draw single targets to you.
>Farm a little in the first area
>You don't have to fight every thing you meet at first.
I spent most of my time running around and past the mobs of hostiles looking for the cleric beast.
>Be fucking aggressive in combat if you get hit
dodge around that motherfucker and hit back.
>Don't look at guides but look up how to play the game.
>>
>>336036309
You on PSN?
>>
>>336036178
>>336036309
The thing that took me a while to figure out is that to parry the gunshot has to hit the blow as it's coming at you, when the attack is "active" so to speak. So shooting an enemy while they're winding up an attack won't work.
The pistol is generally better than the blunderbuss for this purpose, as it draws and fires faster. But either way it's a matter of getting the timing right.

Like any SoulsBorne game what you need to do is watch your enemies and get used to the attack animations that they use so that you can pick out the right times to dodge in and out, when to get hits in and when to shoot for a parry.
>>
>>336036923
Yes
>>
i am in a similar situation to op
i forgot/cant figure out where i need to go
last boss i fought was the one in the chapel, blood starved beast i think. already killed the guy on the tower with the gattling gun. found that place that is the hunters dream but not. ive just been farming echoes and helping people with blood starved beast.
>>
>>336037064
The pistol and the blunderbuss actually fire at the same speed (despite what the description says), the only difference is that it's easier to hit the mark with the blunderbuss while the pistol has a faster recovery time. Bluderbuss is good for staggering and with high levels of bloodtinge it can do a lot f damage if each projectile hits. Both are good, I just love the blunderbuss
>>
>>336037596
Go to the Cathedral Ward lantern. A door that wasnt opened will lead you to the workshop. You can go up for items and lore? and then down, falling like valley of defilement, the pit, the hollow....
>>
Is insight used for anything? Have 10 so far. I play offline if that matters
>>
>>336039294
There's an insight shop in the dream.
>>
>>336034865
Keep in mind that even though iframes can be great, enemies will intentionally delay their attacks to trick you into dodging early. They also have tracking to add to this delay. It's useful to pick an enemy close to the lamp and just practice dodging and parrying on so you don't have to run all the way back to collect your souls.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.