[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
No Vive Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: pee.png (623 KB, 1302x1043) Image search: [Google]
pee.png
623 KB, 1302x1043
My Vive showed up! Anyone have any questions?
Money speak not allowed
>>
I've had my Vive for almost a month. Ask me questions instead, as I'll be able to answer them properly.

To start;

- VR is not a gimmick

- every single person i've shown the vive to has their mind blown, and goes on and on about its potential in all fields

- content is a little lacking at the moment, but it's not really the same as traditional video game content. simple things can be fun for a long time; such as space pirate trainer.

- motion controls and room scale are amazing and i can't imagine using VR without it.

- i have a 4x4m room, and it works flawlessly. i would like a larger space. i feel really sorry for people with smaller spaces.

- $800 is an amazing price for what you're getting. i just bought a $1200 monitor, and my Vive is the far better product.
>>
>>336006216
>>336008260
Am I in a shill thread?
>>
>>336008327
Nope. I'll glady tell you that it's something purely for enthusiasts.

As much as i've enjoyed my Vive over the past month, i don't really recommend anyone buy it, unless they are SUPER EXCITED ABOUT VR.

It's fuckin cool, but not too functional at the moment.
>>
>>336008260
What was your attitude toward VR before you got your device?
What are the specs of your computer? Specifically, CPU, GPU, and RAM
>>
>>336008402
Explain how it's not a gimmick you fag cunt shill.

It's going to crash and burn like Kinect and 3D tvs
>>
>>336008508
I was extremely excited for the year beforehand. I read a lot about it, and had what i thought were realistic expectations.

When i used it, it was pretty much exactly what i expected, but it was still amazing.

I bought a new PC for it with a 6700K and 980 Ti.

>>336008553
It's the next major technological platform. On par with the introduction of the telephone, television, internet, mobile phones, etc.

It has endless uses, from training applications (doctors/military/etc), to business practices (architecture, conferences, etc), to shopping, to social applications (hanging out with friends in VR, as if youre in the same room, going from playing games together, to watching a movie, to just hanging out).

It will become a part of everyone's day to day life within the next few decades. It has potential in almost every imaginable aspect of human life.
>>
File: 1457308386349.gif (2 MB, 307x400) Image search: [Google]
1457308386349.gif
2 MB, 307x400
>>336008260
>$800 is an amazing price for what you're getting
>it's pretty much first gen and entirely lackluster
>>
>>336008852
You clearly have not tried a Vive.

Lackluster is the opposite of what it is.

There is a huge room for improvement, which is why i said above that i would not recommend it to anyone who is not a huge enthusiast. That doesn't stop it from being mindbogglingly good though.
>>
play any racing or flight sims yet?

I want one so bad just for those

Once I get a job I will spend a bunch on a realistic cockpit
>>
>>336009791
Surprisingly not.

I'm so enthralled by room-scale experiences that i haven't felt the desire to play cockpit games yet.

Also, it doesn't help that there's not many released on Vive yet. They're mostly on Oculus so far, but they'll definitely be on Vive soon.
>>
i tried the vive at a microsoft store and played pirate space trainer and that 3d drawing game. very cool. shines a different light on 1st-person. would make me want to buy one if i wasn't broke and would have to buy a new gpu for it. however i don't think its absolutely mindblowing, in the end it's a screen that's up to your face with very good movement tracking and a different controller thats similar to wii remotes, i guess.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.