[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PS4 Controller Alternative
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
Are there any good alternatives to the PS4 controller?
>>
The PS4 seems like it may finally have enough exclusives for me to by it this year. However, I've never liked the controller and am very surprised by its popularity.

>constantly feels like it's going to slip out of my hands, especially during intense games like Bloodborne
>d-pad, start/select, face buttons, feel awful and not raised enough
>triggers feel like they have hardly any surface area for no reason, and feel too slick
>stupid light reflects on your tv
>touch pad is big and gets in the way
>analog sticks are the worst analog sticks known to man

The DS2 was probably the best controller Sony has ever made, DS3 was decent, but I hate the DS4.

There's no way I can rig a PS3 controller to this?
>>
>>336000960
Not being able to turn the light off is the only thing that bugged me, I've only played Bloodborne with it though.

I have an xbone controller for playing games on PC, I like both desu.
>>
>>336001038

I don't like the XboxOne controller either, but I definitely like it more than the PS4 controller.

The analog sticks just feel like they're going to tear apart over time.
>>
>>336001168
>The analog sticks just feel like they're going to tear apart over time.
Haven't they all? Nothing lasts forever, but I'm sure they make it so your DS4 will hold together until the PS5 is released and you have to get a new controller anyway.
>>
>>336001304

This is the most Jewish post I've ever read.
I don't buy a product just so it holds over until a new console.

I buy one so that the damn thing will last forever.
Why do my Famicom, NES, SNES controllers all still work perfectly?

Hell, it's not even hard to find N64 controllers in good condition.
>>
>>336001304
My DS2 and Gamecube sticks are good as new. 360 and ds3 are all fucked.
>>
File: 14620105238421783190031.jpg (297 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
14620105238421783190031.jpg
297 KB, 1280x720
>>336001038
>Not being able to turn the light off

Just get one of these things.
>>
>>336001454
I'm not saying it's a good thing, I'm just saying this is probably what Sony is thinking now.

My DS1s and DS2s still hold together.
>>
>>336001517
Why do sonyggers keep finding "excuses" and "fixes" for Sony's incompetence and jewry?
>>
>>336001719
Mods will fix it
>>
File: horipadfps-plus-ps4-controller.jpg (57 KB, 950x534) Image search: [Google]
horipadfps-plus-ps4-controller.jpg
57 KB, 950x534
Some people like this. However, the problem for me is the DS4 d-pad. And really when I'm on PC I just insert DS3 for fighting games.
>>
>>336000960
The DS4 is actually the first acceptable Sony controller you dumbfuck.
>>
>>336000960
>DS3 was decent
No it wasn't it is fucking garbage.
>>
>>336001874

>acceptable
>literally falls apart in the first year of use
>>
>>336000960
PS4 has the worst controller, it has a useless touchpad and rear light that just sucks battery life and a pointless speaker and mic WHY?

i dont own a PS4 and the no1 reason is that fucking shit controller.
>>
after some googling i found this but its cheaper to just buy a normal wired aftermarket controller

http://shop.controllermax.com/cronusmax-plus.html
>>
I like the Dualshock 4 but they need to fix the fucking battery life, it's awful
>>
>>336002163

This is the only thing that might stop me.
I really want to play Bloodborne, Nioh, Kingdom Hearts 3, and The Last Guardian.

But fuck, does this controller really present a barrier for me. I know I can mod the controller to make it better, or even use a PS3 controller instead with a 3rd party item. But I really dislike using 3rd party items when I'm trying to experience a console.

I've never in my life had to resort to a 3rd party controller, and I've own just about every major home console ever released. I feel like I'd be somehow tarnishing my experience if I had to use something else. Oh well, autism.
>>
>>336002732
only one game is available there shilllllllllllllll
>>
I've heard reports that some DS4 controllers are just made of really shit materials.

Similar to the Sega Genesis controller issue from back in the day.

Might explain why so many people love the controller and so many hate it. There might literally be multiple types of controllers at market with no way to distinguish them.
>>
>>336002963

Not trying to be a shill, I'm saying there are future games I'm interested in. That being said, there's literally only 4 and 3 are exclusives, and 1 is actually released.

Notice how I haven't even purchased a PS4 yet? Because it has no fucking games yet.
>>
>>336001874
compared to what
>>
>>336001472
It's this concave sticks faggotry that's killing thumbsticks.

>Let's make control sticks uncomfortable af to use
Wii and Wii U control sticks are GOAT
>>
File: 1458518857160.png (109 KB, 400x401) Image search: [Google]
1458518857160.png
109 KB, 400x401
>>336001825
This. Holy shit this. DS3 is perfect for fightan. But no, DS4 gotta replace it and you know what bullshit Sony pulls? SFV supports legacy arcade sticks/controllers, meaning PS3 sticks and some hori/madcatz dogshit but DS3 controllers? Nah, fuck you m8 go buy a DS4 or stop playing.

I'm getting one soon to get used to it because tourneys are all PS4, can't use my DS3 there. Fuck Sony, fuck Capcom.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.