[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just finisehd Dark Souls. I understand the lore is behind the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: gwyn.jpg (147 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
gwyn.jpg
147 KB, 1280x720
Just finisehd Dark Souls. I understand the lore is behind the itens, equipment, locations, etc, but as my first playtrough I didn't get all of it. Which video /v/ recomends to watch that explain the history of DaS?

Pass the Dark Knigths running, come back to kill then after boss...DARK LORD. I never asked for this.
>>
Once there was nothing but trees made of rocks holding up the world, and immortal dragons. Then some hollows or something saw some fire, then they dredged their new souls out of it (the Furtive Pygmy, somehow related to Manus, receives the titular initial Dark Soul). This gave them crazy powers: Nito becomes God of death and decay; Witch becomes ultimate Pyromancer; and of course our buddy Gwyn gets the power of sunlight/lightning. They all go on a murder spree, fucking up some dragons and shaping the world as they do. Seath joins in, because he was born without the immortal scales of other dragons and was super jelly. After their rampage, they usher in the Age of Fire with the power of the First Flame, and everything is good. Then the fire begins to fade, and the curse of the Undead/hollowing shows up, along with the slow expansion of the Abyss after Manus is awoken by those faggot Primordial Serpents' manipulating humanity (particularly New Londo, the Kings of which had received parts of Gwyn's enormous power). The Witches of Izalith attempted to create a new Flame, but botched it and created Demons. Gwyn is like "god fucking dammit" and artificially links the fire top stop all this bullshit. It sorta works, but the fire is fading once more. Queue the journey of the Chosen Undead.

Any questions?
>>
>>335959646
Wow...yeah, I lost the majority of this. Thank you, man! My question is regarding the NPCs and such, that's why I asked for a good vid. Too many NPCs to bother someone to explain their motives and such.
>>
>>335959975
Most lore vids are made by people with heads so far up their ass they're digesting their own teeth, and spout headcanon as fact. What NPCs in particular would you like to know about?
>>
>>335959975
Don't expect much in the way of answers for Lautrec.
>>
>>335958775
EpicNameBro on youtube recently finished a really good run of the game, covering mechanics and lots of in depth lore stuff. It's a bit on the long side, so just having anon answer your questions is probably better unless you're intensely interested on all the little details and shit.
>>
>>335960129
More specifically Daughter of Chaos and the Fire Keepers.
DoC apparently was a good soul that helped the sick ones. Then she drank something, piss Queelag and was cursed by her?

And I know what are you talking about, this is why I came here and asked for an opinion.
>>
>>335960430
Holy shit, I forgot about him. He came from another world just to murder the Fire Keeper and apparently is a protector of Gwynevere...don't know, I'am retard.

>>335960486
Thank's for the tip! Yeah, I just don't wanna be an ass and bother people. But I know there are people who love explaing things that they love to others, I'am this with MGS.
>>
>>335960591
Which Daughter? Quelaan, the nice spider lady? She sucked all the bad stuff, "pus" I think the game calls it, out of the stuff afflicting citizens of what would later be known as Blighttown. The people loved her for it, but she was made near-fatally sick from all that nasty pus. Some people were so enthralled with her selflessness that they accepted the Spider Maggot Thing Eggs onto themselves symbolic of their appreciation and dedication, with others (usually Pyromancers who know most of the Witch-related lore, but anybody who wants to serve Chaos) traveling far and wide to visit her domain. Quelaag didn't curse her, she protects Quelaan, or just fucks around doing stuff.

Fire Keepers are women (I think exclusively) born with fucktons of souls, so many souls that they are dripping with the stuff, and thus "power" the bonfires. This fuckton of souls coalesces as a Fire Keeper Soul, and is strong enough to improve the healing power of an Estus Flask.
>>
>>335960591
>DoC
The Witch of Izalith lead the Daughters of Chaos. When she tried to recreate the flame using the Lord Soul she owned (kind of implied she did this because the fire was fading) she created chaos which warped her and all of her daughters into demons. Quelaag and the Fair lady got away only half transformed. You can meet Quelana if you get your pyromancy flame leveled enough. She's an untransformed Daughter of Chaos that managed to escape being transformed to a monster. She teaches you higher level pyromancies.
>>
>>335958775
Plague of gripes if you have 50 hours or so to watch the whole damn thing
>>
>>335961494
>>335961513
>>335961651

You know what? Thank you everyone, but I'am gonna replay the whole thing. Will try to do different things and try to absorb more of the lore. Thank you again, Anons!
>>
>>335961957
Good call, as 1 is the best Souls game.
>>
File: 1049-1-1456336179.png (232 KB, 1080x720) Image search: [Google]
1049-1-1456336179.png
232 KB, 1080x720
>>335961651
Or just watch this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9x_koRZ2bA
>>
>>335961957
Have fun anon. Most of my enjoyment of souls games is reading all the dumb item descriptions and piecing together the lore for myself in my head then coming to discuss it with others.
>>
I see some people have already recommended Epic Name Bron.
His seried of videos After Dark are really good. A nice way to understand the lore in 30~ minute videos that I usually watched while eating something in my relax time.
>>
>>335962548
Yeah, because he's actually playing the game and presents the lore to you as you find it, rather than going on massive headcannon preaches. It's the best walkthrough of the game there is imo.

Why are good walkthoughs of games so rare these days, it's usually LP shit.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.