[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I recently got into this, and it's a nice, lively themepark.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 146
Thread images: 20
File: 1448337367209.jpg (382 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1448337367209.jpg
382 KB, 1920x1080
So I recently got into this, and it's a nice, lively themepark.

I think "GW2 is dead" is the biggest meme.

I haven't gotten far enough to see how PvE works without the holy trinity, and that worries me because that might be a deal-breaker for me.
>>
It's "dead" because of broken promises, backwards devs, and a half-baked expac.
>>
>>335942186

Oh, I thought the "dead" meme was when a game was a barren wasteland? See Wildstar for a great example of that.

What are some example of things I should assume to be lies from the devs?
>>
>>335941875
Without trying to hate I will point some real problems:

>Story mode halfway introduces a plant mary sue where everyone sucks his dick. Funny thing is, it is supposed to be YOUR personal story.
>Removing holy trinity fucked up and they tried to backpedal without admitting it (ranger elite spec is a pure healer).
>Even when the zones are well done, after the first 2 zones you will see that the only objective is running around to 100% the map over and over again.
>>
File: 1337003678597.jpg (9 KB, 251x251) Image search: [Google]
1337003678597.jpg
9 KB, 251x251
> They literally sold an early access expansion and now they are already cancelling some of the features which players already paid for
>>
>>335942545
wrong and wrong

go feel entitled somewhere else. youd do well on tumblr
>>
The only good MMO currently is BDO. Or at least the least shit MMO.
>>
>>335942661
>we will make a new set of legendary weapons!
>nevermind lol

go shill somewhere else. youd do well on tumblr
>>
Does race matter?
What's a good class to start with?
Can you put multiple classes on one character like XIV?
GW2 is the only MMO I have any interest in after finishing 3.2
>>
>>335942513
>Story mode halfway introduces a plant mary sue where everyone sucks his dick. Funny thing is, it is supposed to be YOUR personal story.
Yeah, I haven't gotten far but I'm definitely getting this vibe.

>Removing holy trinity fucked up
This is the only real fault I have with the game. I haven't done any dungeons (or whatever name they give it in this game) but I don't get how they'll work without a tank and a healer..?

Like, is everyone expected to look out for themselves, or is everyone expected to look out for everyone or what?

>Even when the zones are well done, after the first 2 zones you will see that the only objective is running around to 100% the map over and over again.
This could be true, I haven't gotten far enough to tell.
>>
>>335941875
Its the MMO ive dropped the fastest in my life and I played ToR...
>>
>>335942680
Heard that the fishing is pretty action packed
>>
>>335942847
>played ToR
>too shit taste to appreciate GW2

I see clearly now.
>>
>>335942836

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Racial_skill
>>
>>335942836
Not really, breh.
anything you like. it's all simple.
no you can't.
>>
As someone who burned 3000+ hours on GW1, I have no interest in GW2.
Arena Net is plagued by the same problem as creators of Tribes Ascend and WoW - you create, maybe out of pure luck, a real gem and then go and shit all over it as the time goes on
>>
>>335942836
>Does race matter?
There are some racial-specific skills, most of them aren't worth using
>What's a good class to start with?
Ranger is probably the easiest to play and does good damage
>Can you put multiple classes on one character like XIV?
no
>>
>>335941875
>I haven't gotten far enough to see how PvE works without the holy trinity
It doesn't.
>>
File: gw942.jpg (243 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
gw942.jpg
243 KB, 1920x1080
>>335942836
>Does race matter?
race dont matter. you get some crappy racial skills. class skills are way more powerful than racial skills. racials dont appear in pvp type modes.

>What's a good class to start with?
i dunno ive played all 9 classes with their elite specs. ranger, necro, elementalist, revenant is pretty fun. engineer is my personal worst. piss poor selection for weapons amd the weapon kits feel weak.

>Can you put multiple classes on one character like XIV?
you can get elites specs which gives you an extra weapon, set of skills, changes the the class core a bit
>>
>>335943279
The golem elite skill for Asura is good when your guardian is shit, but yeah, otherwise racial skills are useless.
>>
>>335942661

>They advertised HoT with raids.

No raids were present on release with the first raid STILL not fully released. (only six bosses out so far)

>They advertised HoT with new legendary weapons.

Only four were released and the rest got CANCELLED.

>They promoted fractals as their primary 5-man PvE content while nerfing dungeon rewards to the ground.

Literally zero new fractals have been added, they are still trying to adjust the terrible design in some of the existing fractals and rewards.

>Stronghold - the new PvP mode.

Noone plays that shit, DEAD ON ARRIVAL.

>New WvW borderlands.

Guess what? THEY ARE CHANGING THEM BACK TO THE OLD ONES.
>>
It's pretty fun senpai

Imo, no other MMO does WvW or large scale PvP as well as GW2 does.
>>
>>335941875
> that worries me because that might be a deal-breaker for me.

It should worry you, because PVE in GW2 is garbage. Dungeons/raids in GW2 play like WoW 5mans or raids after the tank dies. Everyone running around, halfway tanking, trying to survive and blow shit up. It's dumb.
>>
>>335941875
I stopped playing quite a while before the expansion. Thought about getting back into it but fuck them for charging $60 for it
>>
>>335943775
>Everyone running around, halfway tanking, trying to survive and blow shit up
More like
>kick boss into a corner
>dps him to death
>rinse and repeat
>>
>>335943732
I played the shit out of GW2 just for WvW. It was a lot of fun. Everything else in the game besides art direction and leveling up are pretty lackluster, unfortunately.
>>
File: 1457597574343.jpg (158 KB, 746x1054) Image search: [Google]
1457597574343.jpg
158 KB, 746x1054
I have 3k hours on it. 9 characters at 80. 20k achievement points. The game is a fucking joke. Only thing that keeps you going is dailies that you stop feeling forced to do if you take a break from the game for like 2-3 days, leaving you to never log in again.
>>
>>335943918
Ugh I forgot about that. Everyone just figures out cheese comps and breaks boss mechanics. It's horrible.
>>
>>335943918

You forgot the new expansion gimmick where you have to blow random CC and then continue to faceroll with double damage.
>>
>>335943980
Me on wow.

Once I hit lvl cap and had to start grinding dailies/dungeons, I dropped the game every. Damn. Expansion.
>>
I'm honestly glad they brought dungeons back. Once you hit level 80 your only "hard" content were raids. There's a huge experience disparity between a new level 80 and raid content that can only be taught by doing monotonous dungeons over and over again.
>>
>>335943980
>that's brave of you
Thanks for deciding for me how I feel about your shitty propaganda.
>>
>>335943980
>3000 HOURS
>JOKE
>20K ACHIEVEMENT POINTS
>FORCED

you are literally autistic
you play the shit out of this game but you hate it
>>
File: bridge.webm (3 MB, 1000x422) Image search: [Google]
bridge.webm
3 MB, 1000x422
>tfw setting 20 people on fire
>>
>>335943980
>Being a mesmer makes it easier

I bet it does.
>>
>>335944507
>let's put shitloads of effects on everything
I miss GW1
>>
I bit and bought a copy three years ago.

It was a waste of 60 dollars.

Personal Story is shit. It's not even your own story. PvE is shit. Removing the trinity, while good on paper, was absolute dogshit.

Fucking hell. GW1 was better.
>>
>>335943980
Sounds worse than The Division's """endgame"""
>>
Can I ask a gw1 question? Recently scored the complete series for dirt cheap. What's the best class combo if I just want to play the whole thing by myself with just heroes?
>>
>>335944357
Otter_eating_a_watermelon.jpg
>>
>>335941875
Its dead because even though all the servers were condensed into a "megaserver" its still less populated than it was in its hayday. Dont get me wrong, i loved GW2 and have over 1500 hours on it. Havent touched it in months because its shit now.
>>
Did they announce the next expansion yet? As far as I know the first expansion will be included. So that might be worth to get back into it..

But then again, people don't like to play hard content or together at all. Why even bother playing an mmo?
>>
>>335942838
Everyone is largely responsible for their own survival. That's why every class has a self heal and several other tools to be self-reliant.

That's not to say support builds do not exist, just that they focus more on buffing people up than healing them.
>>
>>335945224
Man I remember when they did the whole megaserver thing. Couldn't consistently get on the right maps with my guildmates for weeks.
Made me quit the game for the first time because all I was doing at the time were jumping puzzles.
>>
>>335944357
>you play the shit out of this game but you hate it
I didn't hate it throughout that entire experience, retard. Thinking back I realized my entire experience in the game resulted in just gathering gold to do other parts of the game.
>I want to try a new build?
I need gold for armor/weapons.
>I want to do some other achievements?
Plethora of skin achievements that require G-O-L-D.
>Maybe I should work on a 4th legendary?
Gold, timegate.
>Fine, I'll WvW it looks endgamey to me.
More gold for different armor sets for different situations on multiple characters
>Maybe I'll work on HoT masteries.
TIMEGATE, wasted exp, MORE GOLD FOR NEW SPECS

All this while ensuring I did my dailies and fractal runs because of timegated fucking Fractal pages which when completed required MORE gold. Finally I compared my experience between GW1 and GW2 and realized I wasn't having fun.

>inb4 autism forces you to counter every point with subjective bs
>>
>No endgame
>Gear Treadmill
>Worse story than TORtanic
>Story rips off Skyrim with its "KILL TEH EVUL DRAGUNZ!" shit
>The entire game has you killing the bad guys as a moralfaggot, without an option to join them
>No likeable NPCs anywhere
>Choices in personal story doesn't matter
>Technology level is retarded across the entire board, one race has borderline sci-fi technology vs generic medieval humans and steampunk cats
>Zero roleplaying elements, your character does all the talking for you automatically
>Shit writing
>destroyed servers based on clients' language in favor of a messy, incoherent piece of shit megaserver system that doesn't work
>Sylvari is a cookie cutter mary sue race
>No dedicated tank or healer
>Killed CoH
>Arenanet bans whoever they please
>Arenanet consists of dA tumblr SJW writers, jews, communists AND nazis somehow
>Published by NCSoft
>Is designed for and by weeaboos and children
>No mounts
>No GvG, NO FUCKING GvG. IN A GUILD WARS GAME

Easily the worst MMO ever
>>
>>335945225
They said it's in development, and there's a fair bit of challenging content in what we have now
>>
>>335944628
GW1 would have looked just as chaotic if it allowed more than 16 people to fight eachother.
>>
GW2 combat is legitimately awful. Worse than WoW, TERA, Blade and Soul, FFXIV, all of them. There is no structure, combo fields are fucking stupid, and dodge invulnerability relegates the game to twitch based dogshit. The dungeons are just pure shitfests.

GW2 is pure trash with ZERO, and I mean ZERO redeeming factors.
>>
>>335945478
>Gear treadmill
>Gear plateaus, statwise, right when you hit 80

Level 80 exotics are almost indistinguishable from ascended gear statwise (You mainly want ascended stuff for agony resistance and other infusions) and legendaries are literally just for show.
>>
>splitting the game into several servers
>not including any option to freely switch between them until way later
>splitting up gw1 community
>mesmer reduced to damage dealer
>replacing quests with area events makes you feel like you have almost no impact on the world
>making groups even more obsolete than GW1 in the start of the game
>going full jew with the f2p content
>raping the skillsystem of GW1 and shitting out a small husk
>>
I started playing the game, but dropped it because I couldn't get into any parties or join guild until lvl 30, so most quest were pretty shit at the start, if I had some friends to play this shit I bet it would be a lot of fun
>>
>>335945638
GW1 didn't have that amount of bullshit flying around.
Maybe you're right though. The difference is, GW1 wasn't designed for large scale combat, GW2 was, and they failed. They also failed small scale combat of course.
>>
>>335945881

That's not entirely true though. Weapons and jewelry are a pretty big stat upgrade. Full ascended compared to full exotic is usually about 10% dps increase which is a lot in raids.
>>
>All races have basically the same abilities with all classes, minus irrelevant race skills that you'll hardly ever use.
>All races have their capital city and vaguely similar amounts of home territory.
>All races vaguely friendly with each other without any conflicts outside of small border shit that lasts a single quest.
>All races have the same stupid copypasta quests.

In GW1 non-humans could actually be exotic and have depth. In GW2 the only difference between races is window dressing for the faggoty MMO LARPers and ERPers.
>>
>>335942838
>Like, is everyone expected to look out for themselves, or is everyone expected to look out for everyone or what?
Dungeons are very simple you stack and give each other might while dpsing the boss. Everyone has their own means of mitigating damage so usually don't need to help them. In high level Fractals (a series of mini dungeons that get more difficult the more you do them) it's a bit more complex and there are more gimmicks to work around but doing damage to the boss is still the most important thing. Raids are where more defined roles are more of a requirement. Berserkers, Chronos, and Heralds are more of a requirement because of the very strong and unique team buffing aspects they bring, tanking and dps can be fulfilled by any class (though you probably wouldn't want a chrono/mesmer strictly on dps and not buffing the party because their dps is not good), and a tempest/druid healer is important but strict healing gear isn't required unless your squad isn't familiar with the encounter because of the way healing power scales
>>
>>335945478
>no endgame
I can see their approach to make everything 'endgame' you like to play. But people like you who are the best example why this method is doomed to fail. Your reward centre is wired to constant injections of short gratification through little rewards and probably you don't even enjoy playing for the sake of playing.
>>
>>335945450
Basically this game only appeala to people who enjoy working up for cosmetic items. With the most recent patch collecting gold is in the best spot it's been. Dailies, dungeons, and just general rewards from maps give a good amount of gold. Map tokens can also work well to keep you doing the actual map content and feel like it's a good use of time, too.
>>
GW2 when announced
>no more kill 10 rat quests!
>personal story
>no more gear treadmill
>you'll have to take on all dem elder dragons!
>regular content updates
>big amazing world

GW2 at release
>Kill 10 rat quests only
>Personal story is awful and then handed off to some sylvari fag
>gear treadmill
>you only ever see one. All the others are just busy jerking off i guess
>content updates are temporary. No plans for Cantha or Elona expansion.
>>
>>335945129
Ritualist/WhoCares
>>
Are Necros still absolutely useless in PvE?
>>
>>335946034
Nah even with friends it was garbage. I wish I were the first to leave, but I stayed and held out hope it was gonna get better
>>
>>335946440
>you only ever see one
Don't forget the amazing fight against him.
>>
>bad PvP
>crystal desert leads to Elona
>there's an elder dragon relayed to that area
>they do nothing with it
Unacceptable. They had a perfect setup for Elona content, and they piss on it in favor of temporary content.

They could even do Cantha by opening up the Dominion of winds and making playable Tengu as a race, when its hinted they might have info on other dragons.

I've never been as hyped as I was for a game and then dropped it as fast as GW2.
>>
What happened to the dynamic world Anet? What happened?
>>
>>335945129
>ritualist
>assasin
>dervish

second class doesnt matter and you can change it later anyway
>>
>>335945478
Dragon plot started in Eye of the North, released five years before Skyrim
>>
File: 1456974302370.jpg (2 MB, 3150x2910) Image search: [Google]
1456974302370.jpg
2 MB, 3150x2910
>>335941875
SOMEONE CALL?
pedos and furfags to /gw2g/ with you!
Enough shilling!
>>
I started playing this game a couple weeks ago; what drew me in was the engineer class. I always liked the idea of gunpowder technology in a medieval magic setting.
>>
File: 1377063708813.jpg (97 KB, 793x732) Image search: [Google]
1377063708813.jpg
97 KB, 793x732
>>
File: 1455558064947.png (595 KB, 2543x2338) Image search: [Google]
1455558064947.png
595 KB, 2543x2338
>>335941875
>>335946770
There is no God, no Colin, no Devil.
No one plays this game but swj, good goyim rat and cat fuckers.
>>
I legit enjoyed the pvp for a while after the launch, but the pve endgame was non existant and the dungeons were trash, so I quit.
>>
GW2 was the first MMO I've ever actually played for more than 10 minutes. I played WoW for a bit but the first mission was boring and I stopped right there. I haven't played GW2 in a very long time and just deleted it from my hard drive this morning.

The only other MMO I've invested time into is Neverwinter.

In both cases, lack of a monthly fee was a big draw for me. One of the reasons I won't pick up FF14 while all of my coworkers have it.

Since I don't have shit to compare any of these games to, idk, I felt like I was having fun. Shit just feels repetitive after a while.
>>
>>335945478
>>Gear Treadmill
>The entire game has you killing the bad guys as a moralfaggot, without an option to join them
>Choices in personal story doesn't matter
>Technology level is retarded across the entire board
>Is designed for and by weeaboos and children

Your points are all.right but aren't these every mmo ever?
>>
>>335946481
Reaper helped a bit but they are still pretty mediocre. You probably can't do (e.g. won't be let into) any raids, but everything else is pretty doable.
>>
8 DPS classes
Spam skills
Roll around
No Guild Halls
No GvG (in a GUILD FUCKING WARS)

It seems even more insane that after amazing first game they've failed so badly.
>>
>>335947086
I guess you can play the dark side in swtor.
>>
>>335947275
I have done everything else as a Necro.
Being one of the better players in the guild and refusing to play another class really helped.
But you notice how bad Necro is.
>>
>>335946869
What's the story behind this
>>
>>335947451
Sex roleplay
>>
PROS:
-cool artstyle
-alt-friendly
-practically no gear grind for stats

CONS:
-Dynamic events/quests are a lie, gets boring almost instantly
-leveling is the same archaic shit as any other mmo just disguised with a meter opposed to 0/X quests
-end game is grinding out cosmetics (so no end game basically)
-combat gets stale very fast
-no holy trinity
-stupidly unbalanced pvp
-pvp only has conquest mode
-wvw is fun for exactly 1 hour then becomes shit once you realize all there is to do is zerg it up and faceroll your keyboard
-no team work required so feels like a single player game
-shit community
>>
>>335946440
Second dragon you fight (nature dragon in expansion) isn't even a fucking dragon.
>>
>Make an entirely cosmetic endgame
>Make all the armor look like fucking shit
>Only 2 sets of new armor added to the game since release, about 20 added to the Shekel store
>The only content good content they've ever added was temporary
>Your personal story becomes about Treehern and his Salad Blog halfway through
>2nd big part of the story is about Coldsteel The Hedgeheg the Sylvari

I can't believe I fell for the hype, the only revolutionary thing this game managed to do was completely kill MMOs for me.
>>
>>335947926
Why can't we kill the salad people on site
>>
GW2 skill system - shit
combo fields - shit
dodge button - shit
movement - floaty shit
skill progression - shit
story - shit
gear system - shit
wvw - time zone based pointless shit
party play and cooperation - shit
dungeons - pure shit because of above
community interaction - nonexistent
>>
>>335941875
Please don't even try to stir up the "but it's not dead" "but it's not bad" hive because even the game director himself left. The expansion is selling like absolute shit that they just recently started giving away free max level boosts with purchases. The proof is in the pudding bro.
>>
Shitty, clunky, simplistic combat
WvWvW is doorwar zergfest
Community is full of brony faggots who are completely delusional
Downed mechanic in PvP
Spam-based combat
Skills based on weapons
Dodge button is buggy and boring
No tanks, just a clusterfuck of DPS classes
PvE is full of boring kill x quests
World not persistent due to overflow channels and instances
Themepark fast travel anywhere
One skill bar
Ugly, non-customizable, casual UI
No world PvP
No endgame progression
Terrible auction house
Lame story
Laughable voice acting
Runs like shit on modern rigs - No optimization
Cash shop advantages

/thread.
>>
I boght it for like $20 or $10 or something a year or so ago, and played it till like a few levels before cap, then got bored.

It's fine, I guess.
>>
File: M4nbATi.jpg (54 KB, 500x344) Image search: [Google]
M4nbATi.jpg
54 KB, 500x344
>>335942186
Man fuck that xpac
>10/10 level design
>story actually has you in charge
>everything else is just meh, even by mmo standards
Nearly a year with no updates
A YEAR

>>335943980
I do not care about the implications of that image, nor the relationship between jory and kasmeer
But maybe
Just maybe...
HAVE THAT NOT BE LITERALLY 100% OF THEIR PERSONALITY

pic unrelated to mood
>>
>>335948629
Living Story which McCoy was writing put me off big times, is she gone by now? I can't stand her self inserting and the SJW pansexual mentality.
>>
File: 1428485018250.png (1 MB, 1178x1471) Image search: [Google]
1428485018250.png
1 MB, 1178x1471
Where the floozies @
>>
File: 1434613264676.jpg (37 KB, 493x534) Image search: [Google]
1434613264676.jpg
37 KB, 493x534
>>335948895
Guess what
It got worse
>>
>>335949083
Is treahearne or whatever still the focus.

I could stand the other shit but not him
>>
>>335948895
No idea
it's been a while

Now when I log in I can't not notice sparklecats everywhere
before the new hairstyles one girl always called my guardian the pretty charr
why do I miss that?

>>335949148
nope, he literally has one scene
>>
>>335949275
I might actually bother to play again. The story wasn't very interesting but god did he ruin anything to do with it.
>>
>>335941875
I was going to shitpost about this game today, thanks OP.

wish I could go back to 2007 and play through the underworld in GW1 with my bros again. GW2 was such a disappointment
>>
>>335949365
My biggest complaint about the xpac is honestly the new trait system
I feel like it beat build variety up in an ally, now it's just lying there bloody and wheezing

Warrior was always stagnant, but I feel I used to be able to be more creative with my guardian
>>
>>335949709
I was elementalist I think.

One of the main annoyances was that move speed was atrocious and you had to use up one of your skill slots to get a move speed that wasn't utter garbage.
>>
Runescape > GW2

I don't even like runescape
>>
>>335947561
>-wvw is fun for exactly 1 hour then becomes shit once you realize all there is to do is zerg it up and faceroll your keyboard

t. someone who never played WvW
>>
>>335950043
I went back to runescape some time last year and I tried mining and smelting since I remember liking that but it seemed infinitely more tedious than I remember it being.
>>
>>335949894
I mained guardian
Don't talk to me about movespeed

to get 100% swiftness from staff you had to stop for 1 second before continuing running
>>
>>335950189
>tfw necro main
Have continued swiftness without any help was pretty nice.
Too fucking bad not even the horn skill would work on a group.
>>
>>335949421
My god i miss UW and FoE.
GW2 has no worthwhile PvE content so i stick to WvW and PvP
>>
So when is ArenaNet going to break, and just slash the price on that shitty expansion? It's May but it still hasn't been on sale, yet Guild Wars 2 was 50% off just 3 months after release.
>>
Which mmo isn't tedious?
>>
>>335941875
>I haven't gotten far enough to see how PvE works without the holy trinity, and that worries me because that might be a deal-breaker for me.

They re-introduced the trinity because they couldn't think of a way to do raid encounters without it.

As of the X-Pac, Rangers, Revenants and Elementalists have strong healing builds and tanking is now possible because mobs are attracted to the players with the highest Toughness.
>>
>>335950189
I vaguely remember what this means.
>>
>>335950480
Allods online
>>
>>335950528
using the staff 3 skill, symbol of swiftness, I could place an aoe that buffed me and allies with swiftness
In order to gain enough swiftness from this to have swiftness still when it came off cooldown, I had to sit in it for a second
>>
>>335950398
some of my best memories are from trying to kill Mallyx at 3am with my buddies while all hopped up on mountain dew
>>
>>335941875
still a good game, but completely dead

like HoN
>>
The major two issues with GW2 are the following;

1. Creating a typical grinding MMO, yet there is absolutely zero character progression. You're basically grinding to unlock story quests - why?

2. Gear has no effect thanks to down and upscaling. You can wear level 1 white gear and you'll have the same stats as a level 80 who has grinded 5000 hours in this game - simply because the game upscales your stats for level 80 instances or PvP. You can have gear with 9999999 stats and it still wouldn't matter, if you go back a zone a fucking rabbit can be challenging. That's ridiculous, imagine just killing an Elder Dragon and then a fucking basic Deer almost kills you.

The only way you can enjoy the game is if you're into cosmetics. That's all there is to it. People are so fucking braindead, they pay 5000g for a retarded skin that makes them look edgy and they don't even care. They'll pay 100$ just to buy that dumb skin off you. There's nothing else to the game, not even mechanics wise and even in 5vs5 PvP it's just zerging. Individual skill doesn't matter, what matters if how many numbers of characters are present that are on your side.
>>
>>335950785
Oh right, that.

I remember someone in /gw2g/ saying if you set up some macro you could get a marginally better speed than just having the skill slot taken up, but I don't remember what it was.
>>
>>335950398
Those were the times my nigga. Saving money to buy FoW armor. You needed like a total of 1200g and the max bank capacity was 1000g and then you would have to do FoW itself to the forge which took me like 8 fucking hours with that party alone. I've only played GW Prophecies though, im sure they've made it easier with the addons.
>>
>>335941875

The gameplay is fine. It's the godawful grind that is the "end game" that ruins it.

Like, they set out to make a game with no grinding, but then just inelegantly patched a bunch of it in because they couldn't think of any other things to do with the game.
>>
File: GW2 Tiers.jpg (69 KB, 282x243) Image search: [Google]
GW2 Tiers.jpg
69 KB, 282x243
>>335950917
>2. Gear has no effect thanks to down and upscaling. You can wear level 1 white gear and you'll have the same stats as a level 80 who has grinded 5000 hours in this game - simply because the game upscales your stats for level 80 instances or PvP. You can have gear with 9999999 stats and it still wouldn't matter, if you go back a zone a fucking rabbit can be challenging. That's ridiculous, imagine just killing an Elder Dragon and then a fucking basic Deer almost kills you.

That's not how it works at all. Level scaling just brings you HP and base stats up to a minimum or down to a maximum for whatever zone you're in. Gear tiers exist and have statistical differences like in any other game, and aren't affected by this. It's like level scaling in Oblivion, except it's you doing the scaling instead of the bad guys.

Like, if you're a level 1 going into a level 80 zone, you'll get bumped up so that your base health and stats are that of a level 72 or whatever the minimum level is for that area. But you're still going to be wearing level 1 gear. Same thing if you're level 80 and you go into a level 1 zone. Your base stats and HP go down, but you're still going to maul the shit out of everything because you're (presumably) wearing Exotic level 80 gear.

Not that I'm defending this system. I'd honestly rather it be entirely cosmetic, because getting Ascended gear is a fucking pain in the ass time sink more than it is challenging. But if you're going to criticize the game, criticize it based on its many actual flaws instead of making some up.
>>
>>335952329
Go ingame and try it out, make a level 1 character and then get upscaled. Eg. Fractals.

Yes, Ascended gear has a higher face value but it is actually diminished upon equipping.

Again, try it out. Go ingame with your level 80, unequip one item and then note down your stats. Equip it again and et voila, you're not actually getting all the stats it says it gives you. They're flat out lying to you when they say you actually benefit from the 175% more stats ascended items can have. Yes, they have 175% more flat values on them, but as soon as you equip it and look at the changes they're entirely different.

For example, Zhed's Gloves are supposed to give me +45 Power. I equip them and my power stat has only increased by +11 Power.

Try it out yourself.
>>
Personally I love EVERYTHING about this game.. except combat. So fucking repetitive and boring. I still play it from time to time and I have fun.

Btw, there IS trinity now when you raid you need a tank and a healer.
>>
>>335943727
Not 4, 3 were released. I crafter Nevermore and Astralaria (3rd is pistol). Now I basically have no reason to log in.
>>
>>335943193
Kind of different, the devs of GW2 are all different from the original GW devs
>>
File: 1440835276065.webm (499 KB, 392x220) Image search: [Google]
1440835276065.webm
499 KB, 392x220
>>335941875
COMPELLING WIDESCALE PVP
>>
>>335942838
>but I don't get how they'll work without a tank and a healer..?

They don't. Dungeons are horribly designed and a massive shitfest. Unless it's changed since HoT, no one hardly ever does them.
>>
>>335942976
Not >>335942847
but had similar experience. TOR was clearly shit, but GW2 was an even bigger pile of shit.
>>
>>335942353
Watch the "manifesto" trailer for Guild Wars 2.
>>
>>335950630

Played it, felt dead

I liked the core mechanics and stuff but the world felt so empty
>>
File: 1403800341651.gif (907 KB, 500x394) Image search: [Google]
1403800341651.gif
907 KB, 500x394
>>335941875
>tfw bought when first beta weekend
>played had fun
>on release had a blast for a few months, levelan was interesting but a bit bland at times
>skip to the expansion
>convince some friends i know who never played to get it since its 60 bucks for the whole deal
>go to purchase the expansion
>its stil 60 bucks for me
i mean i get that they're just following what blizzard does but they sure as fuck dont have the playerbase to do that nor does the expansion have as much content
fuck man
just let the players who kept your game alive for years pay 30 bucks or something
>>
File: 1111.jpg (136 KB, 701x522) Image search: [Google]
1111.jpg
136 KB, 701x522
>>335948934
right here
>>
File: 45645645633.jpg (536 KB, 1664x1608) Image search: [Google]
45645645633.jpg
536 KB, 1664x1608
It's a work in progress, but I'm just gonna put it out there since I figured some of you might enjoy it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJyvnsHFDnI

feel free to suggest more edits / segments or call me a faggot
>>
>>335945478
TOR was a fine singleplayer experience with regards to story. nothing stellar but there was times you could be a total dick that were funny as fuck
>>
>>335953551

They released the shortbow last week and said it will be the last one since it's already done anyway.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (24 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
24 KB, 480x360
>>335947782
>Second dragon you fight (nature dragon in expansion) isn't even a fucking dragon.
Seems like you somehow missed the Mordremoth battle in Dragon's Stand. It does not look like a dragon when you kill it's mind in the story quest, but it looks like a dragon when you fight it's body in Dragon's Stand.
>>
File: 1458149571619.jpg (343 KB, 1098x735) Image search: [Google]
1458149571619.jpg
343 KB, 1098x735
Please...please...take me back...

The people I met...the places I saw...the times I had...

One might say I wasted my youth, even spending 11 hours each day one summer playing GW. But I wouldn't trade it for the world, the fact that I got to experience something like that.

It was a more innocent time. Maybe I was more naive. But it was still beautiful. I'll always be trying to regain what I lost.

And to think, I didn't even appreciate it back then.

Bury my heart at Ashford Abbey

Suxons are still fucking faggots
>>
File: 1387140316001.jpg (6 KB, 167x168) Image search: [Google]
1387140316001.jpg
6 KB, 167x168
>>335955114
Post this on /r/GuildWars2 on August 28th when the game celebrates its 4th birthday. I can't wait for the assmad.
>>
>>335948432
>Threading your own post
Faaaag
>>
>>335955114
7/10 the laugh track was almost too much

faggot
>>
>>335955525
>I can't wait for the assmad.
Most people on /GW2G/ does not care anymore and are jaded as fuck about the game.
>>
>>335955673
He meant the GW2 subreddit. That's where the completely delusional people seem to reside.
>>
>>335941875
PvE is basically zerk set or kick
>>
>>335955528
yeah, that man is totally gay
/thread
>>
>>335941875
enjoyed it for awhile but like everyone else has said the devs fucked up and they keep on liying.
Been playing Blade and Soul enjoy the combat way more and the story.
>>335955185
Light Side SW da best for that
>>
File: hehehe.jpg (134 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
hehehe.jpg
134 KB, 500x333
>>335955114
laughing track needs to be readjusted (and needs to be loudest when "We don't want players to grind" comes up). Other than that, top jej
>>
>>335955915
Not true anymore. Condi damage is more viable. Viper stats are seeing some use. Still though, crit chance and crit damage are too god damn important for anything. I can see why Assassins in GW1 were the only ones that could actually crit (as far as I've seen).
>>
>>335958103
really? Did they make some changes or something. Had so much fun playing PU Mesmer I guess I should get on it again
>>
>>335954534
many people do them now

the patch made things better
>>
>>335956047
>The devs kept fucking up and lying
about what?
Thread replies: 146
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.