[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Invasion and pvp discussion cont.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 44
File: seed_of_a_giant_tree.png (30 KB, 211x245) Image search: [Google]
seed_of_a_giant_tree.png
30 KB, 211x245
Last thread was full

> invading with my new parry build
> lone host
> straight sword r1 spammer
> ez
> his connection is bad
> his straightsword out ranges my spear
> parries do nothing
> finally connect a parry but the game still registers it as him hitting me
> fade to ashes as his character is open to reposte

Just lag my shit up fampai
>>
File: 1462106949966.jpg (3 MB, 2008x3047) Image search: [Google]
1462106949966.jpg
3 MB, 2008x3047
Daily reminder to invade as a mound maker to avoid letting blueberries in your fruit salad.
>>
Do people use Katanas online strictly to abuse their fucking phantom range?
>>
>Invading as OP Level 20 in High wall
>3v1
>Blue phantom gets summoned
>By big fat guy doing laps around phantom
>Blue tries climbing ladder while both phantoms climbing down
>throw firebombs at middle guy
>hits all 3, all 3 fall to their death
>Climb up and see host waiting for me
>get to top as host swings his longsword
>im in getting off ladder mechanic and host swints through me and falls to his death

Could be just me but that was the funniest thing Id ever seen. They were all so disorganized and paniced for it being 4 on 1.
>>
>invade and die: dude, the lag was so bad and he had a bunch of phantoms with him, what a pussy, I would have easily won if he obeyed the rules imposed by me
>invade and win: holy shit, that guy was so shit, I'm amazing at this game
These are the two options when describing your invasion experience
>>
So pvp range is based on weapon upgrade level? If I put a weapon in storage will it still be factored in?
>>
>>336203707
Blue Phantoms need the action desperately.

The real reason to be a mound maker is that killing phantom armies suddenly becomes a win condition against faggot hosts who just run away and summon phantom armies all-day.

Hosts deserve to have the advantage against invaders but allowing players an infinite army of phantoms with no negatives is fucking retarded.
>>
Daily reminder that invadershits can go fuck themselves royally.
>>
>>336203707
>All these co-op covenants
>Lone invader covenant

Why hasn't FROM designed a covenant to hunt down and punish player phantoms alrready?

That mound maker in the far back waiting to backstab,
>>
>>336205679
Invaders are literally the only counter-balance to co-op trivializing stage balance due to it being designed for single players.

With how FROM designed Dark Souls online PvE is actually reliant on PvP working.
>>
>>336205679
What happened? Were you getting the "Unable to summon" message?
>>
>accidentally upgraded an item to max level because it was a +5 one and not a +10 one and i was just spam upgrading

motherFUCKER

there goes my 6-10 invasion range god damnit
>>
>invade into Pontiff's courtyard area
>host and THREE gold phantoms sitting at the top of the steps
>giant tree seed active
>I hang back and wait for backup
>two aldrich faithful show up
>another red invader comes in
>4v4
>IT BEGINS
>we rush them, doging the giants and fireballs
>being careful not to inflict friendly fire we take out 2 of the phantoms
>two aldrich break off to get the host
>me and the other guy stay back to occupy the last phantom
>Host attempting to summon more phantoms
>we kill the last gold
>manages to get another two golds into his world
>they kill both of the Aldrich invaders
>two golds run up the steps to head us off
>host summoning ANOTHER phantom
>host and his newest phantom start chasing us down too
>the 4 defenders and one of the NPC giants corner us and kill us
>they all spam "very good" as we die
>>
>>336206472
>being careful not to inflict friendly fire we take out 2 of the phantoms
Friendly fire made sense in earlier souls games but with the clusterfuck that mass PvP can become its a stupid handicap. Especially as it makes it difficult for players to pursue the host without hitting each other.

That and rate of invasions just isn't aggressive enough compared to how quickly a host can summon their +3 phantom army.
>>
>>336206168
Can't you just put it into your box?
>>
I've been fucking with invader shits all weekend in the farron woods area. Typically ends up being 3 vs 3 with the advantage that me and my phantoms dont hit eachother and were more coordinated. However after 25 hours plus of doing this I can easily say invaders are fucked in this game. Its still fun though and my pvp skills have definitely improved.
>>
>>336206168
So you can't just invade using a weak, unupgraded weapon?

What's the optimal weapon upgrade range?
>>
>>336206472
>4v4
What.
The limit is 6.
Unless people died in the meantime and more came back in I'm not sure I believe that.
>>
>>336205842
I always perceived summoning for an area as an easier option if you were having too much trouble with it but now summoning seems like it makes the game more difficult because of the swarm of invaders it invites.
>>
>>336206696
Nigga it's permanent. Even if you destroy all your weapons and leave yourself with only a +0 broken straight sword you're still in the bracket for the highest ever upgrade you've had.
>>
>>336203707
I take back what I said. Apparently mound maker invaders can trigger blues. I switched to a purple and didn't get a blue for hours. But I just got 2 in a row just now so I dunno.
>>
File: 1461911583782.png (26 KB, 717x688) Image search: [Google]
1461911583782.png
26 KB, 717x688
>>336203707
>that red phantom
>>
>>336206756

+8 for normal weapons and +4 for the special ones

that way you invade from 6 and 10 (3 and 5 for special weapons)

luckily i backed up my save and only lost out on like 3 hours worth of shackles
>>
>>336206879
I've been summoned as a blue against grapes many times. If the purple dies, the blue gets a proof of concord. If the purple dies by the blue's hand, the blue also gets a vertebrae shackle.
>>
>>336206757
Get some dried finger up in there.

Standard is 2 friendly phantoms, dried finger adds 1 - also adds invader slots.
>>
>>336204840
Yes. Was testing with a friend and we found out katanas can not be parried based on visuals alone. The running attack range is so retardedly far that if that they can either poke you from max distance or poke you at point blank and the time it takes to close that gap between the two is longer than a parry window. What I'm saying is if you time your parry for max range and they do an up close poke you'll get it and vice versa.
>>
>>336207045
Where's the DS3 save usually at?

I've been wanting to backup recently due to hackers being able to softban you but I get conflicting answers
>>
Can someone spoonfeed me the best location and soul/weapon level to pvp at?
>>
>>336203338
>parrying
God damn I don't know why but I had parrying down like a mad cunt in the beginning areas. PvE and PvP. And now I just can't parry to save my life. I can't parry with the buckler, leather shield, regular shields, even the fucking painting guardian sword. How do I git gud with parrying?
>>
File: 1454300990863.gif (4 MB, 576x324) Image search: [Google]
1454300990863.gif
4 MB, 576x324
>Invade as grapist in Carthus using my whip character Indiana Bones
>Start out by destroying bridge
>Place a prism stone in front of the broken bridge to ensure that they trigger the skeleton horde when they walk up to grab it
>curl up behind stalagmite on side path
>host and co. approach and trigger skeletons
>pop out of hiding and toss a hunter charm
>keep them held back with the whip's absurd range and spasm attack
>skeletons come from behind and tear them apart
>jump into the moshpit of skelebros as I wait to return home

Whips may do shit damage, but damn are they good for keeping people away. It also helps that it has one of the wackiest hitboxes in the game.
>>
You know I'd be fine with invading into ganks all the time, blueberries, tree seeds, and having half the estus

but the one and only thing that makes me hate invasions is fucking 30% less health.
>>
File: 20160501212902_1.jpg (776 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160501212902_1.jpg
776 KB, 1920x1080
>disheartened by apparently moving out of Aldrich Faithful level range at 75 and +10 despite my friend getting summons
>go to do some honorabru soapstone duels
>first guy I get estus'd twice
>deciding whether or not I should give up what honor I have left and estus or not
>don't estus
>stab him in the stupid face and win

Pretty embarrassing when the dude sip and grips and doesn't even win.
>>
>>336206757
max is 10 I'm pretty sure but only in Ithiryll Church and using a dried finger

>Host
>3 friendly summons
>2 invaders
>2 location guardians (Aldrich Fiathful)
>2 blue phantoms (Host covenant)
>>
>start NG+
>feeling good, going full androgynous with my transhollow
>invite purple to play with me
>get invaded by red
>we all just chill for a while fucking around
>red starts hitting me every now and then
>i have anris straight so my health keeps coming back
>he starts beating on my purple guy with his whip
>do jump attack and follow up and end him
>purple and me go on a caper together

>finish vordt
>get invaded at the gate to the settlement
>finish talking to yoel and see phantom in the distance
>finish off the dogs
>"hellooooo"
>he closes the gate
>he thinks im a faggot and ill run to the bonfire to summon, i wouldnt have
>i sit down, wait for him to make the first move
>he sits down
>gets up a few times
>does the sleep emote
>waves bye and leaves

You're alright, Outlaw John. I was ready to fight, but you're alright.
>>
File: 1453338843083.jpg (25 KB, 552x594) Image search: [Google]
1453338843083.jpg
25 KB, 552x594
>waiting to get summoned as Aldritch Faithful in the Silver Knight Shooting Gallery
>Rocking a Dragonslayer Greatbow for shits and giggles along with Quality +10 Exile Greatsword buffed with Carthus Hotsauce
>I'm the first one in, spawn under the platform with all the deacons.
>I run to the top of the platform and spot the host and two phantoms on the ground in various spots so they can ambush invades
>using obscuring ring so they can't see me
>Another Aldritchbro comes in followed buy a Red Phantom
>I let them rush into the ambush so the host and his butt buddies waste estus
>Still on the ledge just watching everyone fight. Invading phantoms get killed but two reds pop in and take their place
>Now that the host is out of estus, I initiate Plan A
>Reds kill the two phantoms but one of the Reds go down
>Host thinks it's 1v1 now
>Wrong
>Red and host are poking and circling like usual
>I begin raining javelins on the host, blasting him on his ass
>Red finishes him off and does the edgy abyss watcher's gesture
>Blast that fucker in the head before we despawn and kill him too

I need to start using shadowplay, invading as aldritch is too good.
>>
File: 1458443609431.jpg (167 KB, 690x460) Image search: [Google]
1458443609431.jpg
167 KB, 690x460
>>336205679
>>336205974
> unable to summon phantom
> literally the only scenario where a host doesn't have a complete advantage
> happens because other hosts summoned the phantoms into their gangbang sessions before you could
>>
>>336203707
This is canon
>>
>>336205697
Imagine a covenant that only summoned you to worlds with phantoms. You could not hurt the host. The host could not hurt you.

It's just you and the phantoms.

I'd probably have more fun watching the host try to hit me than anything else. Would be funny as shit.
>>
>>336207195

on pc? i have no idea, im a ps4 shitter
>>
>>336203707
Is this picture based off that shitty dark souls comic
>>
>>336207479
These are the best victories.

Also, how the fuck does Aldrich Faithful work so well while Watchdogs does not? I could barely move forward in Irithyll Dungeon last night because I kept invading. Honestly, every few seconds. It was fucking crazy.

Meanwhile, I get like two invasions for Watchdogs at SL~30 with a +2 weapon in four hours. I just want that shield. I don't even use greatshields, but it's so sexy.
>>
File: 1460391377254.gif (904 KB, 500x532) Image search: [Google]
1460391377254.gif
904 KB, 500x532
>invade as a twink
>get hit by a phantom
>disconnects me from the world and sends me to firelink
>i suddenly have a dragon torso and 50k souls
>dude what
>kill myself and the dragon torso goes away

What the fuck happened
>>
File: 20160427231606_1.jpg (469 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160427231606_1.jpg
469 KB, 1920x1080
>>336208468
Imagine in a world where Sunlight invaders were friendly to ALL invading phantoms.

It's honestly surprising when Aldrich Faithful counter-gangbangers don't decide to kill me in order to avoid friendly fire.
>>
>>336208746
Hope you backed up your save. You're going to get a warning for that.
>>
>>336208669
I dunno, man.
Maybe it's the level ranges for watchdogs + the fact that so many people are trying to do watchdogs for the artorias flavoured rewards. Probably not enough hosts for the amount of watchdogs.
>>
File: 1376761472967.jpg (67 KB, 290x290) Image search: [Google]
1376761472967.jpg
67 KB, 290x290
>helping some guys out with nameless
>some dark sword shitter with solaires chest summons me
>alright lets go, point to fog door and start walking
>he decides to lay back and summon another phantom instead
>bad idea
>enter fight, kill bird together
>i go behind a pillar when second phase starts and have a nap
>watching host and his friend try to take down nameless with a retarded HP pool
>eventually phantom runs out of estus, starts running away when hes low hoping that the host will finish off the boss and he can still get his sunlight medal
>I get up, aggro boss, and run towards phantom to make sure he gets hit
>he does, and dies
>help host finish off nameless and laugh at pathetic phantom who didn't get his shiny medal
It was a good day.
>>
>>336208848
I deleted the character, zero fucks given
>>
>invading a faggot ganker
>about to kill said faggot host
>they use cheat engine and walk air walk off off a bridge so I can't touch them
>die
What the fuck?
>>
>for some reason From decided that 11 estus shards was a good number to have available to pick up, not 10 or not 12
>this means than when invading you will always be jipped out of one ashen or regular estus because you will always have an odd number of 1 of them

Who the FUCK thought this was okay?
>>
>>336209048
don't worry, pretty much anything that isn't going offline and spawning items via last dropped item is going to end with a ban
>>
>>336208918
Why did you punish the poor coop phantom when OP was the one who was the shitter? He cant help that he was summoned.
>>
>mage with obscuring ring on instantly 1 shots you while you are fighting the host + 2 phantoms
FUCKING SHIT
>>
>>336209172
I usually hope for the host to get killed, but I take whatever I can get.
>>
>jolly co-operation with a good 12 hosts before attempting nameless king as the host
>go in with 1 phantom and he gets his shit wrecked early on
>manage to hold out for what felt like an hour fighting the chicken and nameless
>getting past the chicken feels like a real chore because god damn he takes like no damage
>win
>feel like a badass
>find out that attacking the giant chickens head is it's weakpoint and can be dealt with in under 20 seconds even with some shitty rapier
>>
>>336209116
You mean 15 flasks total?
There's 15 flasks total.
But yeah.

>>336209239
>tfw obscuring ring / soul stream'ing people
UNLIMITED
POWER
>>
I wish Way of Blue was more relevant to the PvP scene. I want invasion rules tweaked so you can't summon friendly phantoms after getting randomly invaded. That way if you are Way of Blue, the blue phantom can swoop in and save the day like the superhero they're supposed to be.
>>
File: 20160419210018_2.jpg (404 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160419210018_2.jpg
404 KB, 1920x1080
>>336209303
>find out that attacking the giant chickens head is it's weakpoint and can be dealt with in under 20 seconds even with some shitty rapier

Felt the same way with the Irithyl beasts. Didn't find out that you could stun them through their head and proceed to 'riposte' them. Did that with the beasts in Aldrich covenant area and felt so satisfied.
>>
>>336209276

before I NG+ I always put down my sign at nameless. Every time someone summoned a third phantom i got irritated. It makes it so much harder with 3, and then half the time those retards would hit the dragons feet instead of its face and cause it to shoot the flame downward and instant kill them. Meanwhile, I had to run my full stam bar to the other side of the arena.
>>
>>336209410
I want to try that so bad. Hoping that fully finishing NG++ at SL60 with a +8/+4 weapon isn't too difficult. I'd love to see the reactions of people just going through Irithyll Church as they get blasted off the rooftops with a giant laser.
>>
File: FUCKINGLOL.gif (291 KB, 500x373) Image search: [Google]
FUCKINGLOL.gif
291 KB, 500x373
>second bonfire in lothric castle, can't remember name (bridge with two dragons)
>embered
>mad grape spawns
>using dancers twinblades vs my gundyr halberd
>another guy invades
>second red invades
>3 vs 1
>ohfuck.jpg
>spam l1 to the mad phantom
>actually signalizing that I need help against them
>first red phantom appears, the mad one starts attacking him
>ohfuckyes
>second red phantom after me
>2 red phantoms vs me as host and mad grape fruit
>fight for five minutes
>one of them kills the mad phantom
>fuckyou
>2 red vs me
>spam WA + R2 on both
>they almost got me
>chug estus, flee to free space, charge WA on one
>killed the first red
>5 minutes more fighting with the second
>parry and kill him
>mfw that feel

Thank you mad phantom
>>
>>336209410

yeah, so 11 estus shards
>>
>>336208669
Same experience here. I was backtracking to get items I missed and I was invading so frequently I actually had to unequip covenant item as it kept interrupting my fights against knights.

In contrast I kept my computer idle for at least 2 hours with a new SL 20 character and haven't had a single invasion.

Does Watchdogs just cover the Crystal Sage boss area? Maybe part of the problem is that hosts are rushing the boss down the moment they enter the area to disable summons. If so the swamp area should also be a valid location.

But either way Blue Sentinel, Dark Moon, and Watchdogs are completely and utterly broken useless shit. The only worthwhile covenants are Sunbro and Mounds.
>>
>>336209564
What in the fuck is this? I don't remember ever seeing one
>>
>>336209587
I just don't have any fun when it's a 1v3 ganksquad vs a boss, it's just mindless r1 mashing as the ai desperately tries to hit at least one of you. So I tend to try and fuck hosts over if they feel like playing it so safe.
I hope there is a boss in the DLC that actually becomes harder if you summon for him. Like, a complete form/moveset change.
>>
>>336209514
Way of Blue seems to be the ganker covenant, hosts that have it seem to have 2 phantoms with them.
>>
Why are westerners so unoriginal with trying interesting builds? I feel like people just do whatever the big youtube stars and streamers are using. People really stick to the "meta" established here and probably on gamefaqs and reddit. Meanwhile I have no idea how Japs figure out their madness but I love the variety and interesting builds. PS4 btw so half my games are with nips

>NG+ after Pontiff, Dried Finger destroying Aldrich guys
>Red invades, nip name
>1 shots the phantom I was fighting with CSS
>runs away, can't find him because obscuring ring
>I decide to let him go because I don't want to run around the level
>Aldrich babies and mad phantoms keep invading
>while I am 2v1ing them red phantom will come out of nowhere and 1shot people
>do this for 15 more minutes, probably kill 8-10 phantoms
>red finally decides to nail me during a fight

I was expecting it so I wasn't even mad. Good times.
>>
Do blueberries get their reward if I warp out before they do anything?
>>
>Playing with a friend and we reach Irathyll.
>Summon him and we get started
>Immediately get invaded by a red phantom
>Shortly after an Adritch Faithful joins in
>Can't be assed to bother waiting for them them and proceed through the area as usual.
>In the middle of killing the deacons when red fella comes up
>While one of us duels the phantom the other clears the road of enemies
>Phantom tries to switch to the other thinking we're distracted
>Immediately switch roles and carry on through
>Literally destroying any area for the phantom to fall back to
>Beautiful moments of overlap of slicing through enemies and the invader at the same time
>Aldritch Faithful comes in just as the red phantom is out of estus
>they try to rush us
>I chase the red phantom away knowing he'll readily flee since he's out of estus
>He baits me into the Drag npcs
>I carefully begin fighting the Drang spear and wait for the red phantom to attack
>finally take out the red phantom and then finish up the Drang Spear
>Run back to my friend with the Drang Hammers on my tail
>We return to the tag team format and ballet our way through fighting the Aldritch and Drang
>Ultimately end up victorious

It was a great day.
>>
File: rageskele.gif (975 KB, 400x295) Image search: [Google]
rageskele.gif
975 KB, 400x295
>that feel when you're outnumbered 4v1
>land a "100% perfectly calculated and executed" parry because the host got full of themselves
>proceed to go balls deep into their asshole with your thorny hornet ringed dick while their summons can do nothing but sit there and watch it happen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TZJ7z5xEgg

I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU GUYS BUT I FUCKING LIVE FOR THIS.

>>
>>336209564
>see all these videos where people literally parry the fucking world
>can only parry outworld knights and baldur2.0 faggots

I feel like such a fucking retard every day
>>
how do i win a 4v1
>>
>>336209739

Wait...I have an idea.

A boss...That when you summon for him...Will not aggro the phantoms. Phantoms will do reduced damage, and wont be able to be aggrod. Then, make the boss super fast and aggressive. Host cant do anything but try to roll away and will eventually get his ass pounded. It would be hilarious.
>>
How to counter hyper armor?
I get wrecked hard by Yhorm's macchete.
I can't into parry since I have shit internet. I tried parry a R1 spammer after the second hit and still failed.
>>
>>336208918
>not soloing NK in groups of 3 or 4 and having them bow to you when it's over
>>
>>336209776

thats literally just a regular fucking int build

no one runs magic because everyone perpetuates this idea that its trash, but it is objectively the BEST build with obscuring ring for dealing with groups of invaders

you wait until two faggots are fighting next to eachother and one shot both of them with a 1400 damage CSS
>>
>>336209750
A shame. I thought the point of Way of Blue is "I don't want to deal with PvP so please give me a crutch in the form of a bodyguard." Hence why you get it first. However it's main advantage is made redundant since regular white-phantom summoning is so common.
>>
>>336210014
That is a pretty good idea actually. Phantoms are gonna have to do some REALLY reduced damage for that to work though. Give him little sweeping moves at lots of charges, jumps, and gap closers.
>>
>really want to pvp
>dont know if I've got the skill
>have no idea about builds

I like straight sword but I don't want to be a faggot and use the dark sword. Im using anri's right now, maxed out, I dont know if its good or not. My luck is pretty high.
>>
>>336210119
I probably could and would but people are retarded and unless everyone has voice chat on there is no way to communicate that.
>>
Did hidden body make the other games a joke? In this one using hidden body makes it so you really only die by traps and bosses.
>>
>>336210193

Just pvp'd yesterday for the first time. It's really fun if you fuck around with them. Just hide and ambush them while they're fighting mobs or carry the mobs to them if you have to git gud yourself
>>
>>336210159
>>336209750
Way of the blue should prevent summoning friendlies. You get a blue bodyguard if you get invaded but that's it.

It could be the covenant for people who want to play without having to worry too much about invasions and play the game mostly solo
>>
>>336210176

Yeah, insanely aggressive. The phantoms can still be hit by sweeps and stuff, but the boss will always seek the host.

His name?

Seeker of Embers.

Miyazaki hire me pls
>>
Tears of denial is pretty slick bros
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pNrGvQP96s
>>
>>336209951
Hornet and Obscuring ring help a lot. Sometimes I get them to chase me and parry the running r1.
>>
>>336210408
Sure I guess if you're a faggot or something.
>>
>>336209925
>hornet ring
I knew there was a reason my crits were so unsatisfying, totally forgot about this
>>
>>336210408
Is medium shield better for parrying?
>>
>>336209514
Unfortunately people would stop using way of the blue if this happened. Being able to summon a constant 2-3 white phantoms is more beneficial to them gangbanging mobs, invaders, or whatever else is in their path.

One thing they can do is bring back the blue eye orb and allow darkmoons to invade people who have been red invading. Also Aldrich faithfuls because lore.
>>
>>336210408

and then you meet people with just one piece of kirk armor on.
>>
>>336208669
You can't join Aldrich Faithfuls if you fail the Sirris questline (due to joining Rosaria temporarily) right?
>>
>>336210748
>butt hurt katana shitter
>>
>>336210978
No?
>>
>>336210932
Sirris only blocks Darkmoon and Moundmakers (if you beat greatwood first)
>>
>>336210932
No, you can still join. It's the Dorkmoons you can't join if you don't get the gesture from Sirris.
>>
>>336210408
that's a really lame move for soap stone summon fights. but it looks like a potential game changer for invading/fighting invaders
>>
>>336211034
guess not then, idk, what are you rolling with my nigga
>>
>>336210909
Well shit nigga. Thanks for the brilliant advice.
I'm gonna put at least a piece of kirks from now on to counter those faggot tears.
>>
File: Dark Souls III DC.webm (3 MB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
Dark Souls III DC.webm
3 MB, 852x480
You can't make this shit up

Fuck me
>>
>Get summoned to world as mad Phantom after Pontiff
>Host is unsure of what my intentions are but run off and start killing shit for him
>End up helping them get Aldrich's Faithful covenant.
>Help him kill off an Aldrich's Faithful invader
>Clear the way to Anor Londo, still helping him out
>Think to myself if I should kill him while fighting the big spider fucker in the Cathedral
>Fuck it, I'll be nice
>Clear the entire area, wave to the host thinking he's going to challenge the boss
>Invaded by a dark spirit.
>Helping the host trying to take this guy out
>Red invader heads over to the bridge with the small gap connecting to the rotating tower where there are no guard rails
>I know his intentions, but I feel I could kick this fucker off the bridge
>Host attacks, Red invader rolls in front of me
>Summon the power of Leonidas
>Kick
>Invader rolled out of the way
>Host ran passed as my kick connected
>Vertebrae Shackle.

Better than expected I guess.
>>
interesting thread, attentionwhore
>>
>>336211370
What a piece of shit

take solace in the fact that eventually he'll be cut off from online play
>>
>>336211168
Been using Gundyr's Halberd. I would like to switch to something else kinda getting bored with it.
>>
>>336211438
Thanks for the bump
>>
>>336211370
DC or ALT+f4?
Souls-newfag here.
Are the DaS3 instances on a server? or is it p2p?
>>
>>336209776
>nip uses obscuring ring
>WOW PRAISE JAPAN TRULY SASUGA AMERICA PRAISE OUR NIPPONESE OVERLORDS

I'm using soulmass, flashsword and heavy great arrow with cs rapier and mlgs, i have chaos twinblades as backup and my build's still pretty cookie cutter
it's hard to be original and useful as well
>>
HOLY SHIT, DISCOVERY

>invading the high wall
>Equip crossbow in two hands and take shots at the host.
>as he ran at me with his shield up i used the tackle and guard broke him, swapped to my weapon, riposted him, and killed him

it feels like it has a shit ton of guard break power. i haven't tried using it against great shield users or anything. but this opens up a world of opportunities for trickery.

tackle is a great weapon art.
>>
I'm afraid of playing Dark Souls 3 PvP at the moment. A few of my friends have had their characters Invalid Data'd by hackers hitting them and somehow teleporting them to Firelink.
>>
>>336211512
that's cool, using zwei right now, thinking of going to fume for bigger damage but it's still pretty fun, tried any greathammers out?
>>
>>336211521
too conveniently timed for an accidental DC

host probably pulled the plug right as he got backstabbed, animation plays for the invader, connection error when the host isn't there anymore
>>
>>336211404
>Get summoned as Mad Phantom in Catacombs
>Help Host and his Golden to first bonfire
>run off ahead
>Wait patiently on bridge with obscuring ring
>Host gets halfway across bridge
>cut it
>toss "Im sorry" Stone
>Host makes it to the end before bridge falls
>EMIT FORCE
>Vertabrae Shackle
>>
>>336211521
I assume he alt-f4'd
I just named it that so it wouldn't overwrite another file and I could find it quick
>>
File: 1443327257713.jpg (331 KB, 517x768) Image search: [Google]
1443327257713.jpg
331 KB, 517x768
>>336211720
>invade in catacombs
>equip force
>>
>>336211939
I dont get it
>>
>>336209514
>Save the day like the superhero they're supposed to be.

In my experience, Blue Phantoms tend to be more like real life "super heroes" butting their noses in only to get stomped.
>>
>>336211652
I used the spiked mace before I switch to the halberd. I had some fun with it but the running r1 kinda blows.
>>
>>336211370
They really need to have alt+F4s like that count as a win for the person affected and a loss (darksign) for the ragequitter.

It's possible to have code that will tell the program how it is being exited (eg alt+f4) so it should be possible to then trigger the darksign effect/autosave if they alt+f4, and then to send the cause of disconnect (alt+f4) to the client they pussied out from to trigger a win state for them, this way alt+F4s get punished (beyond an eventual softban) and people who had to deal with their cowardice get rewarded since the opponent surrendered effectively.

too bad From isn't that competent
>>
>>336212361
No :^)

I happily Alt f4 when someone invades. It was most fun in DS2 since you get a hatemail almost everytime if you bow first.
>>
>>336203338
>trying to parry with From's netcode

wew lad
>>
>dodge 5 miles away
>still get hit every time

my connection isnt even bad, holy fuck
>>
>>336212361
>getting mad over disconnects
I actually enjoy when someone disconnects on me, it's not like I need anything from killing them.

But then again, it happens pretty rarely on PS4, as opposed to PC.
>>
>invade
>two phantoms, giant seed active, darkmoon/blue sentinel summoned through concord
>black crystal out
>>
File: image.jpg (3 KB, 64x100) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 KB, 64x100
>activate poise buff and beat r1 spammers every time

Have yet to meet anyone that parries at all
>>
>>336212663
It happens everytime I get a riposte, either through guardbreak or parry

I've even had Connection error before I even riposted several times

Also happens often when I'm a blue, I think they're well aware that they've totally wasted my time waiting for a fucking summon for Darkmoon/Sentinel by alt-F4ing

They really just need to disable the alt+f4 key combo
>>
>Get invaded for the first time in the undead settlement
>Barely catch the guy out of the corner of my eye coming up behind me
>He's lagging like a mothefucker
>Start swinging at him, attacks literally going through him
>Suddenly get backstabbed
>He's still rolling around and slashing like a maniac while the backstab animation plays
>Get up, manage to heal
>Just keep swinging because I don't know
>We somehow kill each other, get a dark spirit destroyed just before the YOU DIED thing shows up
>Quit game
>Set game to offline only
>Play like normal

Fuck PvP in souls game, what a goddamn joke, if it wasn't twink faggots in the earlier games it was a laggy fucking mess.
>>
File: Dark Souls III.webm (3 MB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
Dark Souls III.webm
3 MB, 852x480
>>336212663
Yeah that was my second real disconnect, this being the first. Both times got me laughing.
>>
? >>336209837 ?
>>
>>336210159
>>336210369
But isn't the option to "not deal with PVP' just playing while soul form/hollow/unembered or just fucking play offline.
>>
>>336210193
There's nothing to stress out about, just drop a red sign soap stone and get a feel for it. Everyone started somewhere. Also you don't need to worry about builds because dark souls doesn't have skill based matchmaking.
>>
>>336213043
What a pussy holy shit. It always makes me laugh when the host disconnects after I kill their phantoms one by one.
>>
>>336205370
I think so, yeah.
>>
>>336212495
>I happily waste my own time and get punished when someone invades
I just want you to know invaders get immense satisfaction every time you pve shitters dc
>>
Wish they'd disable summoning once a black phantom invades. Nothing worse than killing all phantoms before the host summons 3 more.
>>
FUCKING

DARKSWORD

NERF

WHEN
>>
>>336214105
I think it'd be better if they gave summoning a cool down desu
>>
>>336213808
>waste my own time
What?
>takes 5 minutes to reload game

Vs

>watching some moron roll around for 20 minutes then run behind mobs when I hit him
>>
>>336214231
Enjoy your soft ban :^)
>>
>>336203338
Get gud you stupid faggot
>>
>>336212663
>really getting into PvP
>having a blast invading as Mad Phantoms and Aldrich Faithful
>it starts storming pretty horribly
>so far no problems after an hour of storms
>invade a fight club
>first fight against some claymore shitter and I'm using a parry build
>fuck yes time to shine
>feeling each other out when he gets a swing in on me
>power goes out
>"oh it can't be that bad"
>10 minutes later when I can finally get back online I have 4 comments on my profile page calling me out for disconnecting
No more PvP
>>
>>336214372
Shit happens man telling them wont change their minds just gotta move on.
>>
Why is the weapon balance in this game such shit?
>>
>>336214480
Because marginally-varying damage values actually worked in Bloodborne
>>
>>336214480
FROM loves DEX fags
>>
Are scythes even worth it in this game?

I like them, but I love drang twinspears even more
>>
File: c4a.jpg (14 KB, 269x313) Image search: [Google]
c4a.jpg
14 KB, 269x313
>get into fightclub, get pass and join their chat
>soundly beat everyone and stay champ for a while
>host starts to get on my nerves since he's acting like a know-it-all and over analyzes everything, sounds like a sperg
>comes down to just me and him
>just sandbag for shits and to see how seriously he's taking it
>he's going 110% and then gloats when he wins to everyone in chat
>come back and he won't rematch, so I beat everyone else and invaders that try to shit things up
>during a fight he blurts "Yeah I beat [anon] like two or three times while you guys were out."
>just start laughing in the chat
>start following him around while laughing loudly into my mic
>kicking him endlessly
>he gets really pissy and keeps saying 'FUCKING QUIT IT DUDE'
>let a red phantom invader rough him up a bit after
>>
>>336214594
This fight club autism really needs to stop.
>>
>>336214261
Still have not been softbanned in any game friend :^), but I will enjoy it if it ever happens!
>>
>>336214569
There are several scythes, and they vary from Worthless to You May As Well Suicide Instead
>>
>>336214716
Nothings wrong with fightclub just the people in them.
>>
>on NG+
>got like 20 red eye orbs
>decide to start invading

Omg this is fun as fuck. I invaded like 8 times and only lost 2 times. Although I was sort of a little shitsack twice, I bum rushed the host right as he engaged one of those HYEHYEE WHO WILL CLEANSE THE BASTARDS CURSE chicks.

But the other times i was honorable about it. This last one I invaded, the fag summoned someone to help him, ANOTHER mad phantom joined in (tried to kill you at the start, sorry bro it looked like you were running at them with me, I see now that you were running away from them, towards me) and then another friendly got summoned because of the concord thing. So we had 2 mads vs host and 2 friendlies.

The other mad managed to kill the guy the OP summoned like right away, so that was lucky. Then the incident above happened and i hammered the other mad a couple times by mistake. Then him and i face off against the host and his buddy, who are both greatswording. The mad and I manage to gank his phantom all up and down (for some reason neither of us got sent back to our world?) then we start circling the OP, shit is getting intense. OP is focusing my hombre because he is down to one hit and must not have any estus.

Well...Long story short one of my stray swing hit the purple, I got 2 shackles and sent back to my world and the OP got away.

Im so sorry, other phantom. I burned you twice and I didnt mean to.
>>
>>336205173
I win most of my invasions where the host has multiple phantoms, but every now and again they'll manage to catch me. Most of the time the people I invade are so terrible that I almost feel bad, but I need those cov rewards so it's either them or me.
>>
>>336214716
Just stay out of their shitty chats
>>
>>336214783
>20 red eye orbs

You realize theres a non cracked orb for infinite invasions right?
>>
>>336214786
Some idiot kept summoning the same 2 faggots over and over again one time, so I had to run a gauntlet of killing one while he summons the other just to get to the host, then the host just rolls around for 10 minutes.
I had to have got 7 kills that invasion. People are actually so bad at this game it makes me mot even wanna invade
>>
For the blue phantoms here, how much action do you guys even get anyway? I've been invading constantly and I've seen maybe 3 out of 20 instances of invasions.
>>
>>336214954

I do but I didnt get it on my first playthrough anon.

In fact I did almost nothing with leonhardt.
>>
>>336209925
>smash my gundy's halberd against the turtling host's shield
>my knight slayer and hornet rings are ready to go
You are correct, it's hilarious to watch the host's phantoms r1 through my body while I drop him to the floor
>>
>>336214716
>>336214934

There was one cool guy in the chat just rolling with his losses and asking for tips. He'd occasionally compliment any cool plays he saw.

Probably going to avoid their chats from now on though. That host seriously got under my skin.

>guy starts summoning people
>fucking loudly reads off their gear and weapons like he's dong a news report or afraid of dead air
>tell him it's not that important
>"Why? You'll know if they're trying to cheese."
>"I'll know that when they walk up to me and swing, dude."
>>
>>336207195
On pc it's C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\DarkSoulsIII\011000010015819d
I don't know if the numbered folder is random or set but it'll be in there.
>>
File: 1395128328531.jpg (181 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1395128328531.jpg
181 KB, 640x480
>>336215252

You both sound like tryhards :3
>>
>>336203338
> finally connect a parry but the game still registers it as him hitting me

This does not have anything to do with lack - not having a clean timing will let you parry, but you still take the damage from the attack and drain your stamina as if you blocked it - even in PvE.
TL;DR: Git gud
>>
>>336215153
Well the fact youre at the evangalists means you should have it by now on NG+, which is why I was asking.
>>
>>336215354

I was trying to remain pretty quiet but I cracked at the end. It just got annoying hearing

>"AND I'M SUMMONING [JANE DOE] WITH A GREAT CLUB AND IT LOOKS LIKE HE HAS.."

and then the summon failed so it kept going.
>>
>>336215370

Its the chick at the tree fire right after the building full of thralls in the settlement. You know, the scene ripped right out of the beginning of bloodborne. Its before you fight the greatwood, so cant get it yet. I will need to go back and talk to him before I start that fight, though.
>>
>>336205697
Invading as Sunlight is supposed to send you to a host thats already being invaded. It just never works.
>>
>>336214569
Hollow corvian scythe +10 on a luck build tears people up if you can get around the slow moveset
>>
>>336212361
Certain games have specific controls for the function keys and the combination of Ctrl, Shift and Alt in any conjunction with the Function Keys

For example, Alt-F4 in EVE online is reserved for a specific module slot on a ship

They could by extension remove the keybinding through Alt-F4 in game the same way EVE does. Alt-f4'ing in this case would probably be removed and set to do nothing

This doesn't stop however players from having Task Manager open in another window/monitor ready to tab out to and rightclick>kill process
>>
OCCCCCEEEEEEELOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTEEEEEEE
>>
>>336216142
>a luck build
why a luck build? what else does luck do beyond item find?
>>
>>336216268
Hollow infusion scales with luck, and Anri's SS scales with luck. Anri's SS can have more AR than a refined Dark Sword.
>>
>>336216268

Only thing I know is the Anri Straight Swords damage scales off it. I cant tell how much, but thats what the wiki says.

On that note, other than the dark sword (apparently) what is the best straight sword?
>>
>>336211370
What's the problem?
On my expierence most of red invaders always black crystal out even if it's 1v1 everytime it doesn't go their way
Fuck, most of time they just hide behind mobs expecting them to kill me
Purples are okay on my list because they aren't so afraid to die
>>
Why do hosts disconnect when their phantoms die? Let me have the satisfaction of slaying you, god damn.
>>
>>336216360
>On that note, other than the dark sword (apparently) what is the best straight sword?
any sword that has the same moveset as the dark sword which is the long sword, astora sword, broadsword I think and a few other special swords I'm missing.

The lothric sword I think does too
>>
>>336216489
That's even better
>>
Why is the watchdog covenant so dead? Should I bother coming back when I'm a way higher level? SL 30 with a +4 weapon, getting no one.
>>
Invaders whine about fucking DC's and shit when invaders that get their asses beat just black crystal out like bitches anyway

double standards
>>
>>336216416
There's not a single situation where a host and random phantom are on an equal footing. Only an unemebered host summong a red soapstone phantom, and both agree not to Estus, would the red actually be completely equal to the host.

Ember HP buff and twice the estus is not "1vs1". Not even gonna touch the fact that mobs can still hit reds, even if you don't pop a seed, or the the fact that hosts never fucking 1vs1, ever. Even fucking blue spirits don't 1vs1, they all ignore reds til they find the host so they can ganksquad.
>>
>>336216693
I only black crystal out when it's an obvious cheat engine user of if I invade a random fight club.
>>
>Invading
>Expecting sympathy when you can't get your e-penis stroked for killing someone attempting to progress in the game
>Getting mad when invaded pull in more phantoms in order to survive and progress in the game
>Getting mad for people focusing on pve instead of being a minmaxing twink tryhard like yourself

lol
>>
>>336216760
>I only black crystal out when I run out of estus, there no more mobs anymore to hide behind or if host just plainly better
Fixed for you
No need to thank me
>>
>>336216861
You're a fucking retard.
>>
>>336216829
>needing phantoms to progress through the game
>being unable to deal with NPCs and invaders with the crazy amount of estus you get even early on
Might as well uninstall and go on twitch if all you want to do is watch other people play
>>
>>336216903
>invade some guy
>beat his ass
>he disconnects
>WOW WHAT A FUCKING SCRUB ASS BITCH FROM PLS BAN
>invade some guy
>get your ass beat
>run into some npcs and black crystal out
>NO ITS TOTALLY FAIR AND LEGIT HE HAD LAG AND EXTRA ESTES FROM DON'T NERF
>>
>>336217046
Why are you shitposting like a retard? I've never done nor mentioned any of the things you've stated. Here's the last (you) you so crave, I'm running out I'm afraid.
>>
>>336215607
You can get it by crossing that bridge to her right, and lighting that bonfire.

Then go to Leonhard.

You dont have to kill the Greatwood.
>>
>>336217008
There's a difference between summoning phantoms for a tough boss, or summoning phantoms to survive a twink invading on your way to a tough boss.

But of course you ignored that clear context because you just want to rev up that cheatengine and fuck people out of embers for some tryhard faggot sense of fulfillment.

It won't make her love you, friendo.
>>
>it's a "host complains about invaders kicking his shit in when he has a seed popped and 2 phantoms backing him" episode
>>
>>336217234
>implying I do anything besides soapstone duels
>implying twinks exist in DS3
>being this assravaged that you're bad at a video game
>>
>>336217234
>twinks builds
>DSIII
Might want to revise your comment friend! The edit button is on the top right!
>>
>>336217306
>Be me
>Level 20
>Refined Longsword +3
>15 estus +10
>Knight slayer ring, Ring of favor +2, pontiffs right eye, cloranthy ring +2
>invading at high wall lothric
>win 99% of fights, even 3 on 1

Im literally taking 1/5 of someones hp per swing, and my stamina allows for 6 hits.

Massive Twinking.
>>
>>336217521
>>Be me
Who else could you be? Don't do that.
>>
>ng+ just started at high wall
>get invaded
>use white branch and mimic a candle holding statue right at the start
>invader runs past me 10 times or even more
>time goes by, he's searching for 20 mimutes now, walking through the level
>remember I got a giant seed
>use it, hide as a barrel somewhere else
>he basically clears the level for me, collects souls
>walks past me again for like 5 times
>starts hitting every statue
>gives up eventually and leaves after wasting 40 mins
>I read some of the item descriptions I forgot to check and was laughing every time he passdd me

invaders are the cucks of the dark souls community
>>
>>336217306
>>336217369
>The "From removed twink builds don't worry just keep kindling" meme
Clockwork.
>>
I'm a horrible piece of shit and I pirated the game, but I really hate that I don't get to PvP and invade. I'm also pretty fucking poor.

What do?
>>
>>336217582
Get a fucking job?
>>
>>336217521
>cloranthy ring +2
swap this out
>estus mattering as an invader
you get half whatever the host has
20% hp per attack is pretty standard in even fights for a longsword. You're winning because you're experienced and they arent.

You dont have a twink build you have a low SL account
>>
>>336210372
Funny thing though, From have proven their inability to code anything efficiently or effectively, so the AI that makes bosses target whichever player it can is probably hard-coded & would need a lot of effort to be made to do what you described.
>>
>>336216720
>Even fucking blue spirits don't 1vs1
This hasn't been my experience. Replaying with a fresh character and have had two invasions interrupted by Blue Sentinels. In both cases I escorted Blue Sentinel to where red phantom and fucked off the moment the red phantom decided to flee for estus so I could continue doing whatever the fuck I was doing.

In both cases the Blue Sentinel continued fighting the red phantom. And in both cases they surprisingly won.

The one and only time I died as an invader with a Blue Sentinel the Blue Sentinel also did the sorry gesture as I was dying.

I think it is less that Blue Sentinels are unwilling to fight solo but more that they feel an obligation to protect the host. Doesn't help that half the time the host is with a phantom army who refuse to continue the stage until the invaders are killed.
>>
>>336205697
give us a covenant that can invade with people via passwords. You still invade a random person, but someone else using the same password as you can also invade that person with you
>>
Okay I know I'm plenty late to the party but I just started playing online today. Literally every pvp battle I had so far has been a total lagfest. Is there any setting that prevents me getting matched with people on the other side of the world? I looked and didn't find anything. From DaS1 onward I always loved parrying in pvp and needless to say that shit is not possible when everything is delayed by half a second.
>>
>>336217667
>estus mattering
Estus is half of YOUR flask
>im fightong other twinks or new players
>I have 7 estus
>they have 4-5

20% wasnt standard on my level 110 character. Id never kill anyone in 1 stamina bar on that. Even if they block Im killing them in 1 bar.
>>
What Soul Level do people usually take Nameless on at?
>>
>>336203338
Man, parrying thrust attacks is so hard, can never get the timing right
>>
>>336217819
>also did the sorry gesture as I was dying.
I should have added it was a shameless 4v1 gangbang.

I love Blue Sentinels during invasions as the prize for killing them is essentially two hosts. After I get my 30 tongues I am going Mound and never looking back.
>>
>>336217936
First time I did it at SL100 with a +10 weapon. Second time I did it at SL70 with a +8 weapon.

I feel like as long as you have something that can actually touch the storm drake and you have 27 vigor it's pretty doable.
>>
>>336217932
I'm 90 SL with a +8 lothric sword

I've put enough into stamina that if I cornered someone and beat their shield I could kill them in one stamina bar

Leaves you open to parries but it's definitely possible
>>
>>336207631
Where do the mounds fit in there?
>>
>invading as anything other than a sunfag

Why are you letting your fellow dickwraiths invade alone?
>>
>>336218108
Because I don't need this medals anymore
>>
>>336217521
>Refined Longsword +3 at SL20
>not Fire
>not Raw
Uh-huh. Keep talking out of your ass.
>>
>>336218108
Because invading as a Mound means that killing phantoms is a goal rather than an endless endurance test or a game of burst the host.
>>
>>336218198
Why would I go fire?

I never said I was good at pvp, why do you think im twinking?
>>
>>336203707

Can someone dump this?
>>
>>336218053
Well remember i only get like 9 level ups to be at 20. I only put like 4 in endurance, 4 in strength and 1 in Vigor.
>>
File: 1450667326629.jpg (48 KB, 605x806) Image search: [Google]
1450667326629.jpg
48 KB, 605x806
>>336217521

>pontiff's right eye
>>
>>336218350
:^( why not? If im just R1 spamming shield turtles, why not go for the boosted reposte?
>>
>>336203338
2 hours of sitting around with Blade of the Darkmoon.
2 hours of sitting around with Aldritch Faithful.
2 hours of sitting around with Watchdogs of Farron.
0 summons/invasions.
>>
>>336218453
git gud
>>
So I don't fully understand how weapons are tied to invasions.
Is it "I made a +10, now I can't invade anyone besides people with fully upgraded weapons" or does it go off what you have equipped at the moment?
I wanna respec into a low cleric with Divine pillars of light.
>>
>>336218453
>2 hours of sitting around with Aldritch Faithful.
>0 summons/invasions
You are doing something terribly wrong then.
>>
>>336208468
Sunlight covenant gives priority to worlds that are already being invaded. All I ever do is equip it, invade, then run around fucking up phantoms of all kinds and doing emotes with the host.
>>
>>336218453
you'd have a faster time just farming mobs for covenant items, honestly.
>>
>>336218527
What!?
>>
>>336218526
You can only invade people within +3 lf your held weapon

If you had a +10, you can only invade someone holding a weapon with a +7 minimum.
>>
File: 20160502092347_1.jpg (515 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160502092347_1.jpg
515 KB, 1920x1080
>>336218032
Feels good then, I'm surprised I'm able to get pretty decent invasions
>>
>>336218634
I get summoned in aldrich like 5 seconds after going bafk to my world.
>>
>>336218617
I don't want covenant items. I want mass PvP, which is more likely in those covenants than solo invasions. EXCEPT THOSE COVENANTS WON'T WORK.
>>
File: gImmE a HuuuUUg MaaHHhhhNnnn...png (300 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
gImmE a HuuuUUg MaaHHhhhNnnn...png
300 KB, 500x500
>Invade as a grape in the settlement
>Host has 2 oranges and a melon
>They circle me and take turns ramming their swords up my bum

i hate this
>>
>>336218696
Why does it not work for me?
>>
>>336218639
Oh good, I was worried I fucked up.
I only just beat the game at SL 68 with a +10 Greatlance and +10 Executioner's greatsword
>>
>>336218075
As invaders if they invade, as allies if they're summoned
>>
>>336218731
>be grape
>expect not to get graped when you want to grape others
pick a different one fruitcake.
>>
File: skrubz.jpg (230 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
skrubz.jpg
230 KB, 1920x1080
who /hide/ here
>>
>>336217234
>summoning phantoms to survive a twink invading on your way to a tough boss.

Ember in front of the boss door or play offline until you reach the boss door.
>>
>>336218878
The same would've happened if I was a cranberry except a blueberry would've joined in the orgy, too.
>>
>>336218948
Or or or.

Just make more restrictions to stop twinking.
>>
>Spend 3 hours invading anor londo and getting my ass handed to me by 3/4 man gank squads, including a 3 man Abyss Watcher roleplaying group that was way too much into it.
>sad
>Join Aldritch covenant
>Actually fair-ish matchups ranging from 1v1 to 4vs4

As long as popularity is high and ppl will be able to always summon 2 friendlies everywhere Aldritch is where its at for invaders.
>>
>>336219227
How about the invader is always encumbered and only has 1 hp. Does that work for you?
>>
>>336219354
Or the invader cant have gone past a certain point in the game.
>>
Me and a phantom fought an invader the other day and caused him to use his all of his estus after we cornered him in a room with only one entrance/exit. He kept throwing "I'm sorry" charms as we stood outside throwing firebombs through the door to toy with him.
>>
>>336219354
Why are Invaders such babys?

You got more advantages this game then ever before and still choose to twink and cry?

Give me 1 good reason it should ever be even ground when youre forcing yourself into the hosts world.

If you want a fair fight, use your Red sign.
>>
File: knight_slayers_ring.png (29 KB, 200x249) Image search: [Google]
knight_slayers_ring.png
29 KB, 200x249
I love this ring.
Even though it's only 10% more stamina loss.
I really think it would work well with the greatlance or astora greatsword weapon art.
>>
>>336219748
>you can summon tsorig to fight tsorig
>>
>new character
>second bonfire in undead settlement
>see two white purple signs
>summon them both. keep going as normal
>They both gesture and act friendly, one of them was even wearing the white ring
>play safe while keeping an eye on one of them
>one of them takes a bit to much damage
>other wastes no time in finishing him before he can heal.

Wish more purples played like this, every other white purple sign as been "lel I'm a white phantom trust me as I hornet ring backstab you immediately."
>>
>>336219748
It wouldn't. If people block those attacks you tend to just slide past them and end up getting backstabbed.
>>
>>336219781
He can literally kill himself.
>>
>>336217521
>refined
>for low level pvp
...why?
>>
File: 1457161195269.png (345 KB, 498x568) Image search: [Google]
1457161195269.png
345 KB, 498x568
>>336219821
>You can't
>>
>>336219734
How is unlimited phantoms fair at all? I'm fine with fighting multiple enemies but watching the host summon the same asshole over and over again is fucking bullshit.
>>
>>336219734
Anyone with sense will agree that host should have the advantage.

Allowing the host to summon an infinite number of phantoms with essentially zero cost or repercussions is fucking retarded however. PvE was designed with a single player in mind and unless the host and phantoms are completely incompetent bloated HP doesn't do jack shit to account for limitations of AI either.
>>
>decide to do r1 nigger build for maximum salt since claymore is shit
>opponent will switch to buckler and try parrying
>lag always lets me keep swinging like a retard
>win every fight easily

I dont even care anymore. If poise was a thing id go back to my claymore in a heartbeat because i like fighting with it a lot more, especially since wins are meaningful then, but fuck it. R1 nigger build until poise gets fixed.
>>
>>336205679
Don't be a faggot
>>
>>336220041
Why should anything be fair for an invader? Youre forcing the host to play with you.

The fact that 3/4 of the time you summon you get "unable to summon" makes killing Host easy while hes waiting for summons.

Plus you have endless amounts of mobs.

>>336220057
The fact an invader can heal with estus is retarded. Invaders were designed to be just another mob. Yes I realize some mobs on this game carry estus, but that too is also stupid.
>>
>>336219734
Invaders are literally the only thing keeping babys from summoning 3 phantoms and having them beat the stage and boss for them. Online PvE relies on PvP working properly.
>>
Is there even a good polearm/spear build? Pvp or Pve
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 44

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.