[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it better than Banjo-Kazooie?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
Is it better than Banjo-Kazooie?
>>
It's bigger, but not better.
>>
>>335714741
Damn straight it is

the first banjo game was just a shitty mario 64 ripoff with a focus on collecting things instead of platforming and way worse controls

this game properly owned up to being a collecting/exploring game with the bigger/connected levels and had puzzles to get jiggys that go beyond the "use this ability/hit this switch 3/4 times and receive a prize" bullshit that plagues BK1 and DK64

the second game is also a lot more aesthetic, it has a much more coherent theme and world than the stock platformer archetypes of the first game. it's got a pretty awesome multiplayer mode too
>>
>>335714741
I couldn't finish it when I was a kid. Was too hard for me.
>>
File: 1370626856539.jpg (18 KB, 320x287) Image search: [Google]
1370626856539.jpg
18 KB, 320x287
>rather cheery humour from the first game turns into cynical dark comedy
>the worlds are bigger, but hardly filled with anything interesting
>Mumbo's delegation to jank pad activation
>Older levels require moves from newer levels to complete
>Splitting up Banjo and Kazooie segments the levels more than it reasonably adds to the levels
>Minigame / GoldenEye shit
>Canary Mary is shit
>HAG 1 is shit

Banjo-Kazooie beats out Tooie by a landslide. Anyone who says otherwise hasn't played Tooie in recent history.
>>
File: blackbear.jpg (25 KB, 476x313) Image search: [Google]
blackbear.jpg
25 KB, 476x313
Anyone have that Banjo-Tooie review that gave the game a 1.5/4 or something like that?
>>
>>335714741
No. Most of the abilities were shitty and only existed to unlock areas, whereas the abilities in BK felt like an organic toolkit.

It had a couple cool areas, but for the most part the levels were not as good. They were bigger, sure, but that came at a cost in quality. I remember getting lost in BT (which never happened in BK) because the various parts of the level would just blend together into a same-y mess.
>>
I played a few hours of it before quitting. It felt to me like the stuff that was cut from Kazooie for not being as good as the other levels. Then I googled it and it turns out I was absolutely right.

And yes, it was funny and cute to play a FPS by choking Kazooie to shoot eggs, but it probably should've stayed a joke by being an easter egg.

It's BK featuring reject levels and tacked-on gimmicks. You could do a lot worse than Tooie, but it's nowhere near as good as the original.
>>
No.

Close, but no.
>>
Didn't know people were so divided about this desu
>>
>>335714741
better than the original in every way

with the exception of the circus boss. fuck that noise.

multiplayer was a 10/10 party game, too
>>
>>335714741
Levels are bloated, performance gets chuggy at worst, new abilities are mostly garbage, and Grunty doesn't rhyme anymore.

Fuck Tooie.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.