[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is the worst generation of consoles ever. Prove me wrong.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 138
Thread images: 19
File: 8th gen.jpg (16 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
8th gen.jpg
16 KB, 480x360
This is the worst generation of consoles ever.

Prove me wrong.
>>
It's all starting to blend together isn't it?

Good.

I want the bubble to burst.

I want to see the death of Twitch. Of plebs thinking Dark Souls "is so fun and hard lol!". Of getting yearly releases of every game that plays like the last one.

I want my gaming community back.

The death of games means that not only plebs will leave, but so will scalpers.

I want the retro game market to crash and fucking burn to the ground. Fucking Boogerman and Earthworm Jim are $30 a piece right now for no good reason.

I want games to die so I can care again.
>>
>>335693881

Anon, are you me?
>>
File: 1367209280851.jpg (19 KB, 700x479) Image search: [Google]
1367209280851.jpg
19 KB, 700x479
>>335693881

I know it's probably edgy bait, but I can get behind this sentiment.

No, I don't care that gaming is popular. I care because what's it's become to maintain it's popularity. So it's time to let it die.
>>
I really can't. The only reason to own a PS4 is bloodborne. The only reason to own an xbone is Halo 5. The Wii U had a string of great games, but those pretty much stopped entirely by the end of 2014.
>>
>>335693881
Make your own game then faggot

>waaaaaaaaaaah

Literally (YOU)
>>
File: complete.webm (651 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
complete.webm
651 KB, 1280x720
You must be a Nintendo fan. Things are going great over here.
>>
I just want everything to stop being f2p or fully priced retail games with no content.
>>
>>335694120
Nintendo is becoming the gimmick company.

Xbone won't stop being horrible no matter what they try.

PS4 is the most "normal" but even then it's still the plebstation.

We've created a monster.
>>
>>335694252
>AlwaysOnBox is a TV machine with half decent exclusives
>PSNoGames literally only has bloodborne and R&C
If you're not on PC them I'm sorry to burst your bubble. I would have said something about the Wii U but I can see where you would stand on that
>>
File: 1374080505102.jpg (70 KB, 655x480) Image search: [Google]
1374080505102.jpg
70 KB, 655x480
>Try to prove me wrong
Why would I try to prove a pessimist wrong?
There's no argument to be had when every fucking response will be "no evrything suk. Vido game suck. Life is ovr, mom dont understand"
Lighten up, god. Play some of your favourite video games, shut up and quit taking a hobby so seriously. Just because /v/ is constantly burned out on video games doesn't mean everyone else is.
>>
>>335693190
How was last generation any better? Consoles now exist only to play Fifa, Madden and other shitty EA games.
>>
>>335693190
No

It's was great for me although I import most of my games
>>
>>335693881
long time pc gamer here since the mid 90's

fucking this extremely this.

consoles have been largely pointless this gen with the only differences between the ps4 and xbone being the fucking api's and controllers and thats literally it.

i had a xbone and it was fucking useless, played a ps4 it also was useless so i sold my bone and got fully back into pc gaming.
>>
Gen 2 was worse
>>
>>335695003
This.

2600 is literally the most overrated console.
>>
>>335695003
Sadly this.
This gen already has more worthwhile games than the entire 2600 library
>>
>>335694252
galak Z is fantastic

>>335694496

you logic a shit nigga. Most good games on pc are also on ps4 and xbone. Owning any 1 of those 3 systems means there is plenty for you to play.
>>
>>335693190
>This is the worst generation of consoles ever.
Nobody here was alive for gen 1 and few were for gen 2
>>
>>335693190
PS4 is doing great but I agree that PiiU and the xbone are shit.
>>
>POWER RANKINGS

1. Gen 4
2. Gen 3
3. Gen 1 (golden age of arcades was the fucking shit and anyone that says otherwise needs to crack a book. Being good at vidya was not only socially acceptable, it was impressive, made you popular, and could legitimately get you laid)
4. Gen 6
5. Gen 7
6. Gen 5 (the transition to 3D was pretty rough. For every OOT/MGS there was a Superman 64 or Sonic R)
7. Gen 8
8. Gen 2 (as fucking horrible as gen 8 is, it still at least has the occasional meh title come out. Gen 2 was so cancerous, overpriced, and filled with broken bullshit that it literally almost killed video games)
>>
>>335696172
>PS4 is doing great but I agree that PiiU and the xbone are shit.
Typical Sonygger delusion.

It's fair game to shit on the X1 and Wii U, but to infer that the PS4 is any bit more worth owning is sheer bias of the highest form.
>>
File: ummm....jpg (827 KB, 1750x1440) Image search: [Google]
ummm....jpg
827 KB, 1750x1440
>>335696172
>PS4 is doing great
>>
>>335696298
both ps4 and xbone are worth owning. wiiu not so much.
>>
>>335696426
This.
And I own a Wii U btw
>>
I dunno, OP. I'm loving my PS4. I think it's fun
>>
>>335693881
This.

Let it burn and things will be 100% better in 5-10 years when all the shits go back to where they belong. Gaming as a whole needs to be niche and not catered to the casual masses..

All the SJWs will lose interest and fuck off. Gaming is too in the spotlight.
>>
>>335696195
Even though I used to play NES as a 10 year old, at 25 I bought a xbox 360 and played heaps of games on that (around 2000+ hours). It came with that weird kinect thing which had dancing and music games, chicks I invited over loved that shit and broke the ice nicely, really helped me enjoy the dating scene for the first time in my life.
>>
Consoles are only worthwhile when Japan's industry cares about them. Nearly every dev there is waiting on FFXV and Persona 5.
>>
>>335693881
Edgy but very true. Video games are starting to look like Hollywood now; an endless pump of award-bait tailored for the reviewer instead of the consumer and complete denial of the niches they filled in the past.
>>
>>335694190
He isn't complaining about just software but hardware too
And you can't indie a console
>Muh pc
Still a fucking shared platform. Which is Steam.
>>
File: 1455195942456.jpg (97 KB, 954x765) Image search: [Google]
1455195942456.jpg
97 KB, 954x765
>>335693881

CRASH SOON, BROTHER
>>
>>335693881
>The death of games means that not only plebs will leave, but so will scalpers.

As long as people are willing to pay for stupid prices, resellers will not leave, crash or not
>>
>>335693881
Sell all your consoles/handhelds and pc and buy a Macbook. Trust me It will change your life, gaming is just a waste of time

You should also buy an iPhone 6s while you are at it
>>
>>335698427
>iPhone 6
>not iPhone SE
Your shitposting is out of date
>>
File: rg.jpg (174 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
rg.jpg
174 KB, 720x540
>games draw attention from "controversies"
>games are announced 2-3 years prior to the release just to see "if it will catch on" because no faith in their product
>Twitch and Youtube gaming channels have been reduced to people putting their cameras on their faces while playing the FotM game
>microtransactions are starting to get out of hand with season passes
>>
The next generation will inevitably be worse. That enough proof for you?
>>
>>335693190
>prove me wrong

>proving subjective opinions "wrong"

What are you doing on /v/? You should be at school you little anklebiting shitstain. Also, underage ban.
>>
>>335693190
There were worse.
But this current one is certainly up there.

Also not shitting on the XBone, but this one has barely any presence and I don't mean only on /v/, like no one talks about it.
I have no clue if it's bad, good, mediocre and about its games.
>>
>>335693881
>I want the retro game market to crash and fucking burn to the ground. Fucking Boogerman and Earthworm Jim are $30 a piece right now for no good reason.

fucking christ this. i'd love to get a collection of a bunch of games i rented as a kid but never had the money to buy. fucking scalpers
>>
>>335695264
>>335695614
I wouldn't say the 2600 was that bad. It's just aged so poorly that no one really wants to talk about the games.
>>
>>335695614
Yar's Revenge is better than the entire library of every gen 8 console
>>
>>335693881
Not gonna happen. Consumers as a whole are a lot dumber than they used to, and even if the industry goes full Jew their response will be "well, better save up more then". And they don't even notice quality, let alone discriminate based on it. They just want games, and don't care about how much they need to pay as long as it isn't something completely ridiculous like $100 for a single game. Barring a massive economic collapse where vidya would become a luxury nobody but the richest people could afford, this is the way the industry will remain.

Hell, even we keep buying from them no matter how many times we say we're swearing them off THIS time, for real. Apparently all the buyer's remorse we express on /v/ doesn't have any real effect on our buying habits. And we're the ones who should ostensibly know better.

Says a lot about us as well as them, doesn't it?
>>
>>335699136

Scalper gunna scalp. They're scum, but they're not the ones who changed the market.

It's retards who are just getting into collecting these consoles for the first time and just pay whatever fucking number they first see on eBay that are driving the price up

Shop around for a good price, know the worth of what your buying for fuck's sake.
>>
>>335699762
>Hell, even we keep buying from them no matter how many times we say we're swearing them off THIS time, for real. Apparently all the buyer's remorse we express on /v/ doesn't have any real effect on our buying habits. And we're the ones who should ostensibly know better.

This is the fault of casuals. Every sane person would have avoided Dragon Age 3 for example. Only casuals do this.
>>
We somehow ended up in a situation where the Vita is better than all three consoles.
>>
File: smoke sigh.png (140 KB, 288x288) Image search: [Google]
smoke sigh.png
140 KB, 288x288
>>335693190
I'm sure we can all agree that it's the least impactful generation so far.
Wii U is JUST-tier
Xbone might probably be the last microsoft console hardware
PS4 may have won sales-wise but it too is struggling for games compared to the consoles of last generation's healthy supply of games.

Is every developer just slow and dead or were the consoles rushed out of the door? Every console of last generation had that one thing and more that people were buying it for
>Wii's debut as the first succesful wagglan console as well as good first party line-up
>XB360 had Halo 3 and a good line-up of games
>PS3 was kinda shit at first but got a shitton of games after the first year and took control later in the generation

This generation is just boring compared to past achievements and the worst part is that last generation was not even best generation.
>>
>>335700171
Don't underestimate the number of people desperately hoping that maybe (game name here) isn't as terrible as it seems because the alternative is to wait several more months for another game which itself may or may not be crap.

Eventually, some people begin settling for stuff they wouldn't even consider normally because they want to play something new for a change that they haven't already played over and over again. It's like a man who hasn't eaten in weeks ravenously devouring a piece of half-rotten meat because the alternative is starvation; granted, that might be a bit of an extreme comparison, but the point is that after a while even a relatively bad game starts to seem preferable to none at all.

And while I admit this is just me talking, the modern stuff has spoiled me. The older games may have better quality, but they still come off as looking and feeling visibly older and less polished than more recent stuff, and it just doesn't feel as good as it could (or should) be as a result. It's hard to appreciate the old classics when something like "this would be better if it was in HD" simply will not get out of your mind.
>>
File: Untitled.png (376 KB, 714x616) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
376 KB, 714x616
>>335701734
>food analogies
>>
>>335701253
Neither. It's the inevitable result of capitalism and the vast majority of consumers having absolutely no awareness of game/console quality and even less interest in educating themselves about it. The entirety of /v/ in all of its divisions is becoming more and more of a vocal minority by the day, and as long as the industry doesn't do anything objectively retarded like make a console that occasionally explodes when turned on or create a game that even Newgrounds wouldn't accept, they're never going to falter.
>>
>>335702218
It was the best I could come up with. The important thing is that even hardcore players can succumb to wishful thinking eventually.
>>
>>335693190
absolutely agree. good thing I built a gaming pc and only bought the wii u, the least worse out of the trio
>>
File: 1449675258231.jpg (34 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1449675258231.jpg
34 KB, 300x300
>>335694564
This guy gets it
>>
>>335702573
is this a meme?
>>
File: Parks and Rec consoles.png (1 MB, 804x1676) Image search: [Google]
Parks and Rec consoles.png
1 MB, 804x1676
Better than last gen.
>>
>>335703095
yes, everyone knows that building a pc is impossible unless you have a degree in computer science
>>
>>335703574
pcs are pretty neat and easy to build. the wii u on the other hand is garbage for manchildren ONLY. dont bother replying for i have left this earth
>>
This can't be the worst generation, because the last one was.
>>
>>335694597
does anyone even buy those?
>>
>>335703136
>last gen
Red Dead Redemption
Grand Theft Auto IV
Batman Arkham Asylum
Assassin's Creed 2
Fallout 3/NV

>this gen
The Division
Fallout 4
The Witcher 3
Rocket League
Dragon Age Inquisition

I don't even like half of those games and it was difficult even thinking of 5 popular current gen games. Current gen is disgusting.
>>
>>335696404
It is you disgusting fat, virgin, weeb neet
>>
>>335693881
Coudn't agree more

>Twitch is nothing but kids with webcams thinking they have a job
>Gaming is no longer a hobby, now it's a "lifestyle", i rather be circlejerking with friends
>Dark Souls is fun but i hate when people think it's some kind of niche unique game
>Retro games / nostalgia pandering is fucking everywhere in the indie scene

Probably /v/ is one of the only places where vidya feels the way it did before, even with all the shitposting
>>
>>335693881
Dark souls is fun though. Why can't I enjoy things without faggot neckbeards like you saying everything that you don't like is shit? If "gaming defines your life so much, you should probably kill yourself because your life is shit.
>>
Anyone who says 8th Gen is the worst is hardcore baiting. At the very least, 1st and 2nd are the worst.
>>
>>335704408
how long has this lets play thing, been a thing?

I don't know but there are some gems that are hard, also the only thing with Dark Souls that is generally hard is the trail and error gameplay.

Also why is Dark Souls the casual hardcore gaymer crediting thing?
I mean, watching people bitch about Nioh for the same shit that Demon's Souls pulled off when it came, made me think.

That if they don't casualize the gameplay, that game will be the new game cred thing.
I hate this gay earth.
>>
>>335696195
1. Gen 6
2. Gen 4
3. Gen 5
4. Gen 8
5. Gen 7
6. Gen 3

IRRELEVANT TIER
Gen 1
Gen 2
>>
>>335696195
A U T I S M
>>
>>335706435
>casualized gameplay
I hate this term so much, anything that appeals to the majority is now called "casual bait" or "games for casuals"

Not everyone wants to get into RPGs or games with complex mechanics for any new player (Sort of why a lot of people prefer LoL over DotA for example), sure you can git gud with them with time, but not everyone is open for that kind of stuff.

"Casual games" have been around since the NES days, i don't know why people pretend otherwise
>>
Why the fuck i would i want video games to be good again? I have a better time shitposting the downfall of video games.
>>
File: XboxOneDRm.png (67 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
XboxOneDRm.png
67 KB, 600x800
itt shitter picked the wrong console now says everything is shit because he's a cynical turd with shit taste
>>
>>335707130
Spoken like a true PS2 babby
>>
File: 1326508183628.jpg (106 KB, 554x439) Image search: [Google]
1326508183628.jpg
106 KB, 554x439
4,5 and 6 were the best generations. 3 was also good since it was the beginning of the golden age.
1 and 2 are irrelevant and 7 was absolute trash.
8 is still ongoing and the PS4 has some promising games to come but it's not looking good. Also, Wii U and Xbone are trash so far.
>>
>>335693190
Honestly, I think that the 9th gen aka the Playstation 4k, Nintendo NX and Xbox 2 will be worst.
>>
>>335709083
Yep, the future is discouraging
>>
File: late 90s.jpg (832 KB, 1723x1632) Image search: [Google]
late 90s.jpg
832 KB, 1723x1632
Games made nowadays are so cookie cutter and casual because of the insane budgets for most of them. Indie games are shit because the people making them are more interested in spreading propaganda than making a fun game. I blame the Jews for both of them.
>>
I think the Ps4 and Xbone are doing fine
>>
>3 years into gen 8
>still no fucking games
I mean holy shit, the ps3 was notorious for its lack of games at release but even after 2 years it got good.

What does gen 8 give us? Watered down AAA titles riddled with dlc, season passes, broken games and horrid mediocrity.

WHERE ARE THE GAMES
>>
Gen 8 is one of the last nails in the coffin of gaming. Everything is forced online play, couch co-op is dead, controllers cost $50 a piece, microtransactions are normalized, season passes are a thing, and you can't buy a complete game upfront anymore. Less innovation and quirky one-off titles, more bland shooters. For God's sake, the DS4 comes with a fucking "share" button. There are a couple of games here and there that look fun, but that's about it.

Gen 6 is the peak of 3D video game achievement in terms of innovation, great consoles, great controllers, and most importantly, couch co-op.

Gen 4 is probably the best for 2D consoles/handhelds (SNES + GameBoy)

Gen 7 was good overall, but is also the turning point of where things start to go down the "money>fun" route that we plainly see gen 8 on now.

Yes, video games have always been on the "money>fun" route, but at this point it's criminally apparent rather than hidden behind a forgivable product.
>>
>>335693190
Its only the worst generation if you think its the worse generation.
>>
>>335709083
It's likely going to mark the end of console gens as they try to copy what phones have been doing.
Expect a slightly stronger system every 2 - 3 years, losing features each time.
>>
>>335709573
Where is Sonic Adventure or Nights?
>>
>>335710024
>Sonic Adventure
In the trash where it belongs.
>Nights
Should be added.
>>
>>335709573
>cookie cutter
>casual
see>>335707618

i don't know why the fuck people pretend we didn't have good casual games back in the day
>>
>>335711189
Casual games in the 80s and 90s are hardcore by today's standards. Watch the kikebrothers react videos to see what I mean, those twerps could barely beat Mario 1's first few levels.
>>
>>335693190
I completely agree, None of them are doing great, and PS4 and Wii U are already being replaced.

This is the worst generation since Gen 2.
>>
>>335693881
I'M GROWING UP AND IT SUCKS, REEEEE
>>
File: 1454214913888.jpg (26 KB, 500x320) Image search: [Google]
1454214913888.jpg
26 KB, 500x320
I moved to PC. Sure the early access stuff is garbage, but I honestly don't miss my PS4. As much as I love PS, the PS4 is like a cute girl you like but keeps sucking other guys cocks. The only justification is it isn't like M$ who's getting fucked as well. Ah well, maybe next generation eh?
>>
>>335711481
What? Name hard games from the 90s that doesn't revolve around cryptic game design or horrible controls
>>
>>335709917
>Gen 8 is one of the last nails in the coffin of gaming. Everything is forced online play, couch co-op is dead, controllers cost $50 a piece, microtransactions are normalized, season passes are a thing, and you can't buy a complete game upfront anymore. Less innovation and quirky one-off titles, more bland shooters. For God's sake, the DS4 comes with a fucking "share" button.
Yeah that sucks, but it hasn't hurt the industry financially. Videogames are more popular now than ever. Gen 8 is nowhere near the "nail in the coffin"
>>
>>335712153
>cryptic game design or horrible controls
That's called everything not being cookie cutter and casual.
>>
There is no way a crash will ever happen, not with a multi-billion dollar industry in this day and age.
All of the mid-tier publishers like Ubisoft and Atlus will be devoured by behemoths like Activision Blizzard, EA and Nintendo. Microsoft will drop the xbox. EA will make their own console. Virtual Reality will return within the next decade.

Screenshot this post.
>>
> Consoles die
> Games are less popular so games stop costing hundreds of millions
> Because games stop costing so much devs start taking risks again
> Graphi cs become less impotent
> Now devs are not coping up there game in a attempt to keep it profitable
> Games become games again
>>
>>335712379
>gaming is terrible now because it improved
fuck off
>>
>>335706435
Let's Plays since 2008 or 2009 have not been what they once were. HCBailly still makes LPs and hasn't changed from the original style of Let's Play.
>>
>>335712379
Cryptic game design yes but a game should never be hard just because of its bad controls
>>
>>335713056
>everything is standardized and samey with little variation or variety while also being easy as fuck and less like a video game
>an improvement
>>
File: Sweet solo.gif (2 MB, 320x245) Image search: [Google]
Sweet solo.gif
2 MB, 320x245
>>335712153
Super Mario World (don't say it's not because you've probably never 100% it), Donkey Kong Country 1-3, Battletoads, Sonic the Hedgehog 1-3 all get really hard near the end, Mystical Ninja starring Goemon 2: Goemons Great Adventure, Ecco the Dolphin, Goldeneye on 00A, and many more!
>>
>>335699762
But people already pay over $100usd for games. The casual mass pay these prices for yearly rehashed garbage and most don't complain. I totally agree with you though. I've recently (the past year) have started watching what I buy and even practice waiting for the goty ultimate dragon born complete 360 no scope editions now. I'm and older anon and have only been doing smart buying for a year so I imagine the young crowd never ever doing this.
>>
>>335712110
>the PS4 is like a cute girl you like but keeps sucking other guys cocks. The only justification is it isn't like M$ who's getting fucked as well
I'd acquaint it more to your cute girl taking it in the as with/without lube.
>>
>>335709573
worms Armageddon took up all my free time when i was a kid. loved that damn game
>>
CAPITALISM NIGGAS
If we want companies to stop jewing us with Season Passes and DLC and Pre-order bonuses we need to STOP BUYING THEM.

We need to tell people to stop putting up with this shit. Of course, casuals wont listen. They'll keep shelling out hundreds of dollars for DLC. Its insane.
>>
File: 1440305884416.jpg (108 KB, 1070x348) Image search: [Google]
1440305884416.jpg
108 KB, 1070x348
>>335698725
The magic is gone.

Gaming used to be an escape, but now it's filled with normies and the lacklustre bollocks they thrive on.
>>
>>335713781
Wrong pic kek
>>
>>335713747
>Of course, casuals wont listen
That's the issue. I ahven't bought any of this bullshit in 3 years, guess what, doesn't matter. For every one like minded person like me, there's 10 to buy that shit. We're the lowest common denominator now.
>>
>>335713747
While I agree with this, it will never work. There will always be that spoiled only child who gets everything he/she wants and pestering their friends into getting it which will get the other kids to pester their parent(s) into getting it for them and the cycle continues. It only takes one to start it all again.
>>
>>335693190
People say this every gen
>>
This is the worst generation of consoles ever, for Nintendo.
>>
>>335714994
wii u is better than wii
>>
>>335715195
Wii had a huge amount of great games, Wii U only has about a dozen
>>
File: 1461326507772.jpg (32 KB, 500x491) Image search: [Google]
1461326507772.jpg
32 KB, 500x491
>>335715572
name 20 GOOD wii games right now
>>
>>335694142
pokken is pretty fun man
>>
>>335693190
Last gen exists but you were probably 8 years old when the 360 came out so you think those were the good ol days.
>>
goddamn, what a bunch of inbred virgins you all are
>>
>younglets are so young they don't remember how awful 7th gen was
>>
>>335713223
Come on anon, those were 2D platformers everyone and their mother could play

I've yet to find anyone that tells me that SMW, DKC, STH 1-3 were hard games

>>335713201
>everything is standardized and samey with little variation or variety while also being easy as fuck and less like a video game
Literally strawman: the post
So you are saying Mario didn't set the standard for platformers?
OoT didn't set the standard for adventure games and open world games?
Doom/HL/CS didn't set the standard for FPS?

Don't talk to me about "little variation" when around the PS1 era we had 1 million mascot platformers that didn't change much
After then it would move onto 1 million FPS so shut up and don't pretend "muh golden age of gaming" was perfect because games now are way better than what they were back then is just everything around them is the problem
>>
>>335698585
>>335698427
>Buying Apple products
>>
>>335715717
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy 2
New Super Mario Bros. Wii
Mario Kart Wii
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Xenoblade Chronicles
The Last Story
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Zack & Wiki
Little King's Story
Sin & Punishment 2
Kirby's Epic Yarn
Punch-Out
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom
No More Heroes
No More Heroes 2
WarioWare: Smooth Moves
Rhythm Heaven Fever
Mad World
Red Steel 2

I could list even more
>>
>>335715572
>huge amount of great games
Mario Galaxy
Mario Galaxy 2
Sin and Punishment 2 ?

Wii had the worst:
Zelda
Metroid
Smash Bros.
Animal Crossing
Kirby (though it was still pretty decent)

Meanwhile Wii U has:
Pikmin 3
Star Fox Zero
3D World
Bayonetta 2
Smash 4
W101
Mario Kart 8 (better than Wii)
Nintendoland (better than Wii Sports)

Wii U hit a rough spot last year but its pretty decent console
>>
>>335694764
>long time pc gamer
>since the mid 90's

>had a xbone

Pathetic that you had to lie about being a long time gamer and talk about your "veteran" status. Only Microsoft fanboys and underage kids got the Xbone.

>got fully back into pc gaming

Cut the bullshit, if you were a real "le epic 90s gamurr" you would have stuck with PC gaming from the start instead of wasting money on fucking current gen consoles.
>>
>>335693190
developers learned that people like the idea of what they're doing more than what they're actually doing

there ain't gonna be a turn-around
>>
>>335716318
little kings story and no more heroes is on vita and ps3 respectively
>>
>>335715717
Super Smash Bros Brawl, Mario Party 8, Skyward Sword, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Mario Galaxy 2, New Super Mario Bros, Metroid Prime 3, Twilight Princess, Wii Sports was fun, Mario Kart Wii, Sonic Colors, Xenoblade Chronicles, Wario Land Shake it, DKC returns, Wario Ware Smooth Moves, Punch Out, Kirby's epic yarn, Rhythm Heaven Fever, Okami, no more heroes, random assorted Weeb games.
>>
>>335716946
They're both butchered versions
>>
>>335714830
Literally nobody said that during the PS2, GC, XBOX gen
>>
>>335716231
That's because they're casual faggots who've never played past the first worlds, when people say they've played a game these days, it means they've played the first level or watched a let's play-er do it.
>>
>>335717126
lots of people freaked the fuck out over things like Wind Waker and Sunshine.
>>
>>335716601
Woah, autistic rage babby detected, let people choose what they want to play, I bought an Xbox one for Halo, I don't have any reason to buy a Big Bux PC other than Bethesda games, I still play N64 more than anything though.
>>
>>335717017
Not really.
>>
>>335712587
>nintendo
>behemoth

top kek m8
>>
>>335716985
>Super Smash Bros Brawl,
lol
>Mario Party 8,
shovelware
>Skyward Sword,
lol
>Super Mario Galaxy,
agree
>Super Mario Galaxy 2,
agree
>New Super Mario Bros,
lol
>Metroid Prime 3,
ok
>Twilight Princess,
GC game
>Wii Sports was fun,
ok, i suppose
>Mario Kart Wii,
the worst home console MK
>Sonic Colors,
lol
>Xenoblade Chronicles,
agree
>Wario Land Shake it,
agree
>DKC returns,
agree
>Wario Ware Smooth Moves,
ok
>Punch Out,
ok
Kirby's epic yarn,
ok
>Rhythm Heaven Fever,
agree
>Okami,
PS2 game
>no more heroes
agree

This is the best you have?
>>
>>335716758
This is very true. Everyone wants to belong to a certain "group" inside their hobbies. The "90s kids xD", the MOBA players, the "lol so hard" Souls players, the average CoD/AssCreed/AAA consumer, the "so deep" indie players, etc.

The quality doesn't matter anymore. As long as the game caters to a specific group, it will keep selling because there will be people to talk about it and help with the marketing. If you don't buy it, you fall behind in the discussion.
>>
>>335717628
They've got a lot of money and rights to some of the most famous IPs and safeguarded by based japanese laws. They aren't going anywhere any time soon.
>>
>>335717908
They're not going anywhere but it's not like they're in the position to be buying anyone out.
>>
>>335714276
That would be me
>>
I have an xbox 360, a ps4, a wii u, a 3ds xl, and a gaming pc which just recently died on me. Maybe it's because I've never really been a part of the community but I really do wonder how much of this thread is actual bitterness towards what gaming has become and how much of it is your bitterness of growing up and now all that's left is nostalgia. Honestly, I'm not seeing what most of you are seeing.
>>
>>335718019
Maybe not now. If they get their acts together they will definitely be in the position to nab up Capcom, Sega, Atlus, Platnium. Then they'd be an unstoppable machine. They better hurry it the fuck up before Sony gets the same idea.
>>
>>335718274
Sony is in no shape to do the same either, Their TVs, phones, computers, movies, and camera divisions are all bleeding them dry. Sony is in worse shape than nintendo.
>>
>>335709870
They're all on the WiiU and anything else worthwhile is also (and better) on PC.
Thread replies: 138
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.